CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh.. I can't believe I didn't remember this game when I posted my impressions for Contrast recently..

Sideway New York

It has a VERY similar gameplay style to Contrast, but it's a much more complete game and it's a bit longer. It took me around 8 hours to complete and get all of the achievements. You're not a shadow, your character is spraypainted onto a wall. The atmosphere isn't anywhere near as good as contrast, and theres not much of a story, but the gameplay is much more solid. The music can get repetitive, and it may not be your thing.. but it's worth playing if you got it from the first Groupees Be Mine or Build a Bundle.

Too bad the game was basically forgotten, no one talks about it. They hinted at a sequel being planned, but I don't know if it's in development.

EDIT: Oh, and it has local co-op
I've been interested in this game since right after I got back into PC gaming. I missed the bundles it was in & kept hoping it would show up in another bundle - so far no luck. I have also not seen it on sale (missed it in Nov 2012). I, too, don't understand why it's been forgotten - everything I've read/seen on it makes it seem solid.

ETA - All that said, even if I did buy it Nov 2012, I probably wouldn't have played it yet anyway..

Sideway was entirely forgettable and I regretted finishing it. I took it on for one of the themed BGCQ backlog busting months last year and can't say I enjoyed it.

It was amusing for about 15 minutes but it got old fast. It just doesn't go anywhere, it feels the same on level 1 as it does on level 10.

2/5 or, on the international cricketer scoring chart, a Sreesanth - looks good but no substance.

I'd forgotten about Sideways.  I was looking forward to trying it, too.  Well, all this discussion isn't promoting it any from its current backlog position, so, eh.

I'd forgotten about Sideways. I was looking forward to trying it, too. Well, all this discussion isn't promoting it any from its current backlog position, so, eh.
I'd try it out, it's somewhat short so it's not like you can't finish it in a few hours, even if you don't like it.

It was good enough for me to play through on PS3 and PC.

If anyone is going to be giving The Elder Scrolls Online beta another shot this weekend, i'm halfassedly trying to organize via the CAG MMO Steam Group.

TSW is going back up in the Amazon EC sale as well if you missed it the first time, so if anyone needs an invite, just send me or any member a message.

Sorry if this is an common question, Can't search the thread at present.   Is the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack worth a buy?  With the EC coupon, it's $4.99.  What say ye?

I have the Ultimate Box and am downloading it now.

Sorry if this is an common question, Can't search the thread at present. Is the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack worth a buy? With the EC coupon, it's $4.99. What say ye?

No. It's going to be 6.99 before coupon from 1/26 to 1/31.

Sorry if this is an common question, Can't search the thread at present. Is the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack worth a buy? With the EC coupon, it's $4.99. What say ye?

No, unless you buy it then wait to activate until after you've finished unlocking all of the cars. The pack includes the time saver dlc, which unlocks all of the vehicles in the game which makes the singleplayer pointless to play through.

If you are going to buy it.. wait for it to be $2, like xanchui said.

EDIT: Mistyped price.

There is a green dot roughly two pixels wide under the Steam logo on the Greenlight ones.
They must have added that since, because it definitely wasn't there when I posted. Not that it changes much: that dot's isn't obvious, nor does it clearly indicate that those games are on greenlight.

Ninja'd but I'd also point you at the OP... of the Amazon thread... wth is the question in this thread? ...that pack's not even on steam...

Why's everyone talking about Sideways all of a sudden?  Got it in the first Groupees bundle… got bored after about 30 minutes.

Why's everyone talking about Sideways all of a sudden? Got it in the first Groupees bundle… got bored after about 30 minutes.
You like somewhere between 1-3 games. Your opinion doesn't carry a whole lotta weight for me. sorrrrrry

Peeeps started talkin bout it cuz spoder compared it to Contrast favorably

I ran across this and thought it was a good expression of a common CAG sentiment 

93CWi-640x360.jpg

Bringing this thread back on topic, everyone should be aware that this Sunday is an important holiday.

{January 12th} is (semi-)officially International Kiss A Ginger Day, which means every ginger person you come across today you must grab and plant a loving kiss onto immediately.

Kiss A Ginger Day was started in 2009 by Derek Forgie as a Facebook group intended as a “karmic counter-event” to the November 2008 creation of a Kick A Ginger campaign, also on Facebook. The latter resulted in numerous ginger kids being assaulted at school, stirring international outrage and condemnation. In response, Derek decided to dedicate January 12th to a much more peace-loving activity aimed towards gingers.

Now in its {5th} year, we obviously firmly support Kiss A Ginger Day and encourage anybody reading this to go forth and spread some ginger love.

For more information about Kiss A Ginger Day, visit the original Facebook page. Then go out and kiss some gingers!

Of course, it's possible that this is all a trap.
1546079_651277019097_1025367095_n.jpg

Okay, I'm starting the New Year (yeah, I'm late--I've been busy) by clearing out some of my unused keys.

First dump is this: Red Orchestra 1, The Showdown Effect, Thomas Was Alone.

If you want one, you know where the message button is. 

EDIT: That's all for now. Next batch probably sometime this evening.

Okay, I'm starting the New Year (yeah, I'm late--I've been busy) by clearing out some of my unused keys.

First dump is this: Red Orchestra 1, The Showdown Effect, Thomas Was Alone.

If you want one, you know where the message button is.
where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh

One thing bothers me with that first link... I don't think she's a ginger. Her eyebrows really don't go with that hair color... and there's not one freckle on her face...
kiss-a-ginger.jpg
Well, there's only one way to find out for sure, am I right guys?

DNA test. Where did you think I was going with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back