CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most Wanted seems to have graphics settings including AA, unlike Hot Pursuit. That's nice. I think I'll probably buy the complete version for $7. :whistle2:k Thanks for the input everyone.

Ouch, this performance analysis is very discouraging. :whistle2:(
That's out of date... There was a patch within three months of that article that helped with performance. With tweaking I was able to run it around 45-50 FPS and not dropping below 30 fps (some locations take an fps-hit) on my GTX 660 + 720 BE.

Oops I didn't realize that! I've just been reading about how to this day people are having major issues even getting the DLC to show up in their game. I don't know if I want this any more. Definitely wouldn't pay $7 more for the DLC. No confidence that I could get it to run smoothly without turning all the graphics way down. It's probably a better idea to just skip this game, oh well. One less Origin-only game in my collection, score!
DLC still has issues. After reinstalling, I was able to get 3/4 to consistently come up, but Terminal Velocity only comes up half the time I start the game (and it's the most interesting one).

I really don't feel the DLC is worth the price (for a CAG)... and is the source of further aggravation.

So uh.. I can't believe I didn't remember this game when I posted my impressions for Contrast recently..

Sideway New York

It has a VERY similar gameplay style to Contrast, but it's a much more complete game and it's a bit longer. It took me around 8 hours to complete and get all of the achievements. You're not a shadow, your character is spraypainted onto a wall. The atmosphere isn't anywhere near as good as contrast, and theres not much of a story, but the gameplay is much more solid. The music can get repetitive, and it may not be your thing.. but it's worth playing if you got it from the first Groupees Be Mine or Build a Bundle.

Too bad the game was basically forgotten, no one talks about it. They hinted at a sequel being planned, but I don't know if it's in development.

EDIT: Oh, and it has local co-op
Thanks for highlighting that... I remember being interested in it back when i picked it up in some bundle... before it got lost in the backlog...

Unlikely. The MSRP for the Amazon version matches the standard edition not the CE:

cOn7KiF.png
Translate: haha u suck u didnt get free from tony oh yea so sorry bout ur damn luck. Spanky time by snakeybro for u oh yea

3089 has been released on Steam and is 30% off ($6.99) for the first week.

Keys from IGS and IR (Sigma Bundle) have been available for a couple of weeks and if you already redeemed it should now be in your library.

Lazy Guys Studio bundle is live

http://www.lazyguysstudio.com/bundle

Pulse Shift
Bridge It
Chompy Chomp Chomp
Great Permutator
Fleet Buster Project
Reversion Chapter 2
Hacker Evolution Duality
Hacker Evolution Untold
Hacker Evolution
Super Panda Adventures
Aztaka
Downhill OMG 2
Noire
Ampu-Tea
Dale Hardshovel HD

All for $2.99

3089 has been released on Steam and is 30% off ($6.99) for the first week.

Keys from IGS and IR (Sigma Bundle) have been available for a couple of weeks and if you already redeemed it should now be in your library.
"3089 requires Java 7 Update 45 (or later) to run. On Windows, if you have issues, you may need to uninstall other versions."

Install a huge gaping security hole on my computer just to run a game? No thanks.

Sideways New York was aight....still need to finish got through at least 2 bosses. Decently fun, but forgettable IMHO. Still very stylized and fun enough.

Thanks for using sarcasm font there, or else I might have thought your birthday was actually everyday.
so u were going to give mee present that sweet u can give every day but u run out of money so that not good there only one bday that 6 months before christmas

"3089 requires Java 7 Update 45 (or later) to run. On Windows, if you have issues, you may need to uninstall other versions."

Install a huge gaping security hole on my computer just to run a game? No thanks.
Java is the worst. Enhanced Steam should detect that and redirect the user to a random game page that has 90% or better positive recommendations that the user doesn't have in their library.

Can you even get by in Windows without Java? I thought tons of websites required it. I'd be happy to uninstall if I could get away with it.
Javascript is used by a ton of websites, though many people also block that due to security concerns. It doesn't require Java though. Java itself isn't used on websites much anymore though it used to be a more commonly required plugin.

You won't be able to erect giant penises in Minecraft without it as that game also runs on Java.

Ok. Windows says I have Java Update 45 installed. I wouldn't have installed it unless something required it so I don't know what I need it for... I didn't know there was a difference between Java and Javascript.

GetGames is having 75% sales on F1 and Square Enix games.
F1 2010 & 2011 have GFWL... 2010 even patches through GFWL...

Javascript is used by a ton of websites, though many people also block that due to security concerns. It doesn't require Java though. Java itself isn't used on websites much anymore though it used to be a more commonly required plugin.

You won't be able to erect giant penises in Minecraft without it as that game also runs on Java.
I'd also point out that Java and Javascript are completely unrelated.

I've had to install Java too, a ton of sites require it and so does minecraft. I have yet to be raped or had my personal info stolen.
No idea what websites you are going to, but the only ones I can think of that might require Java are in browser game emus or certain business applications some people might need to remotely work/connect. You are confusing javascript with Java me thinks.

Ok. Windows says I have Java Update 45 installed. I wouldn't have installed it unless something required it so I don't know what I need it for... I didn't know there was a difference between Java and Javascript.
Just be sure to disable java in any web browsers you have because that's the usual route to getting huge virus infections. Well that and unprotected sex with sluts and whores.

I've had to install Java too, a ton of sites require it and so does minecraft. I have yet to be raped or had my personal info stolen.
For locally installed programs Java is fairly low risk. And a lot of programs (including professional programs) use it for the front-end UI. Running java-plugins on the web is where the the high-risk is.

Just be sure to disable java in any web browsers you have because that's the usual route to getting huge virus infections. Well that and unprotected sex with sluts and whores.
For locally installed programs Java is fairly low risk. And a lot of programs (including professional programs) use it for the front-end UI. Running java-plugins on the web is where the the high-risk is.
Cool, I have two Java plugins in Firefox but both were set to "Ask to activate" and I've now set them to "Never activate"

[read out loud]

Right. You do not juan java giving you an infection.

[/read out loud]

No idea what websites you are going to, but the only ones I can think of that might require Java are in browser game emus or certain business applications some people might need to remotely work/connect. You are confusing javascript with Java me thinks.
That's not what the sites have told me. I don't recall which ones off the top of my head, but I've definitely had to install it and also for a ton of programs. I contract with different companies each using their own site, portals, programs, UI, etc. So it's probably that. I've also been known to try out a shitty browser based game from time to time. If you use Firefox I believe it is blocked from auto running but you can still activate it on sites that need it.

Sideway New York
Too bad the game was basically forgotten, no one talks about it. They hinted at a sequel being planned, but I don't know if it's in development.
I would talk about it, but it never goes -75% and I missed the bundle :(

Lazy Guys Studio bundle is live

All for $2.99
Considering almost all their games are poorly made copies of better ones, I suppose their developer name is appropriate.

Can you even get by in Windows without Java? I thought tons of websites required it. I'd be happy to uninstall if I could get away with it.
I haven't installed it and the only site I recall telling me I couldn't use it was canirunit. So I learned to read system requirements better and now I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back