CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
New (Awesome) Bundlestars Neo Retro Bundle

Jets N' Guns Gold

Inquisitor Deluxe

Ethan: Meteor Hunter

Universe Sandbox

Chronicles of Mystery: Scorpio Ritual

Realms of Arkania Classic Trilogy

And I only own Universe Sandbox :D

Yeah EA has been kind of shit with their deals lately on the non-moldy stuff and something uber popular like this you know they are bound to milk it for everything they've got. The PC version they won't even have to give Valve or Microsoft or Sony or anyone a cut either.
not really

bf4 was $20 on origin like 2 months after release

activision on the other hand......

Thanks! Grabbed the first code.

Can anyone recommend Savant: Ascent?
I can. It's very fun, but unfortunately it's also very short. You can replay the main game with different powers that make it easier or harder depending on your play style, and there's an endless mode that's very difficult. I don't even last a minute.

The game had some bugs when I played it, but the dev was working on fixing them -and- adding more music / special moves.

I'm eyeing that but I think it's already been in a bundle and will probably be in a Groupees or IG before too long. Everyone should grab Alpha Brotocol, though.
Savant: Ascent has never been bundled. Also, its normal price is two bucks. It's one dollar. I know this breaks one of your CAG rules but really, it's a buck. You can spare not eating a McDeath cheeseburger.

Thanks for the feedback, louie and preedatore. It still doesn't sound all that much like something I'd be interested in. The multiplayer game coming up that I do think sounds interesting is Evolve, by the team that made Left 4 Dead.
Can't like this enough.

I've seen a little gameplay footage and breakdown of how it works in the last week, and all of a sudden, I'm obsessed with this game. So much so that I'm considering...gasp...Preordering it! {Don't hurt me}

I really hope they can deliver on everything they are aiming for with it, and that the balance is right so that each side has a chance of winning fairly regularly.

alpha protocol is so dope

if you never tried it, it's totally worth your 3.75 in card money
I might get this. I've looked into the game at least 3 times when it was on sale before and always decided against it, but I have $75 wallet and afraid they're gonna convert it to Canadian soon and fuck me. Gotta spend this shit.

Get it.  It's flawed to be sure but, at the very least, the dialogue/decisions are worth it.  The actual gameplay/running through the levels is pretty derpy/broken.

i played like 4 rds of the titanfall beta and i've seen enough 

it's 6v6 COD with tons of mindless bots and mechs that just feel like you're playing COD at 1/4 speed 

it's a step in the right direction i guess but not some mindblowing game changer imo

Oh FFS, buy it!  By broken I mean stealth/AI detection is kind of crappy but there are overpowered talents you can take to basically nullify that.  You can just avoid playing stealth.

It's a hell of a lot better than Ass Effect.  But the combat is similar (just the soooopah powwwahhhs are different): derpy third person shooter aspect.  Like I said, you can play stealth but AI detection is hyper sensitive at times.  Also... don't go pistols/chain shot.  It's overpowered.

I'll say it, I don't really care for Titanfall. I tried the tutorial because FREE but after that I quit. I don't like military shooters and lack of a single player campaign pretty much kills it for me because people suck and I don't want to play with people unless it's Revelations 2012.

Or to put more clearly because Idiotekque was getting all someone is wrong on the internet on my ass in IM earlier for saying I didn't like Titanfall after playing the tutorial, if a game is just shooting combat with other people, I'm not interested.
Was there any real possibility that Titanfall would be your sort of game? I'm surprised you even tried it, to be honest. I'll also say I'm surprised to hear that Idiotekque thought that it would be your sort of game.

Oh FFS, buy it! By broken I mean stealth/AI detection is kind of crappy but there are overpowered talents you can take to basically nullify that. You can just avoid playing stealth.
You can max out stealth and pistol skills and basically "easy-mode" the action parts of the game (I did :fridge: ); however, it's still a great game, well worth a few maple leaves or whatever passes for currency north of the border.

Cut-out-n-keep:

scissors-n-dotted-line1.jpg

Oh FFS, buy it! By broken I mean stealth/AI detection is kind of crappy but there are overpowered talents you can take to basically nullify that. You can just avoid playing stealth.
scissors-n-dotted-line1.jpg

This is as close as you'll ever get to a recommendation from Mooby.

You can max out stealth and pistol skills and basically "easy-mode" the action parts of the game (I did :fridge: ); however, it's still a great game, well worth a few maple leaves or whatever passes for currency north of the border.
Yeah I made the same mistake (mostly because I prefer stealth over shoot-the-face) and also went with pistols... made it way too easy. I'd probably suggest a new player just go smg or assault rifle and blast their way through.

Stealth is more fun and more unique vs all the shooters out there. Even if it's easier I think I'd rather do stealth for a change of pace.

Wow, for the first time I had this issue where Steam was getting stuck at "creating local game cache" and wouldn't download the game. Did some quick googling and changed my download region to Washington DC, rebooted and it immediately started installing. :whistle2:k

Wow, for the first time I had this issue where Steam was getting stuck at "creating local game cache" and wouldn't download the game. Did some quick googling and changed my download region to Washington DC, rebooted and it immediately started installing. :whistle2:k

Stealth is more fun and more unique vs all the shooters out there. Even if it's easier I think I'd rather do stealth for a change of pace.
Understandable. Just keep in mind you CANNOT really succeed with a stealth/melee character. The bosses will wreck you. Unfortunately, pistols are overpowered.

i played like 4 rds of the titanfall beta and i've seen enough

it's 6v6 COD with tons of mindless bots and mechs that just feel like you're playing COD at 1/4 speed

it's a step in the right direction i guess but not some mindblowing game changer imo
The "problem" with Titanfall is that it is not a game for campers. If you try to play the game like COD, it will feel slow and you will not do well. You have to be constantly moving to avoid getting destroyed by titans. I didn't play the tdm game mode, so maybe that is different than hardpoint and last titan standing.

Alpha Protocol made me rage quit because of that hacking mini game. Any tips or mods to make it easy?

Also anyone played Aarklash Legacy? I'm just checking it yesterday and now its on sale so I'm tempted.

Alpha Protocol made me rage quit because of that hacking mini game. Any tips or mods to make it easy?

Also anyone played Aarklash Legacy? I'm just checking it yesterday and now its on sale so I'm tempted.
never played aarklash, though i want it as well. it got mediocre reviews though...wait for 75% off. might reach that as soon as this summer.

never played aarklash, though i want it as well. it got mediocre reviews though...wait for 75% off. might reach that as soon as this summer.
It got some decent review in steam though.

Just found out there is a demo. I will try that and I'll decide before the end of the week.

Understandable. Just keep in mind you CANNOT really succeed with a stealth/melee character. The bosses will wreck you. Unfortunately, pistols are overpowered.
Well I was imagining stealth would involve the pistol. If it had a silencer. Someone said stealth + pistol was an overpowered combo, I thought.

GoI Classic has been bundled before, and Urban Trial isn't very good. It's a Trials Evolution knockoff.. Get Trials Evolution HD instead.
naha too bad yea it not my faullt i wasnt cag back then and nope it not same it different i already have te hd in my wish list this one trading card

naha too bad yea it not my faullt i wasnt cag back then and nope it not same it different i already have te hd in my wish list this one trading card
Yeah I played Urban Trial on my Vita, which is free with PS+. It's not worth buying. The tracks are repeated over and over with slight alterations.. with cheap gameplay compared to TE:HD. Gets boring fast. Nothing about it is good, it's actually more frustrating than TE:HD because the controls are horribly implemented.

It's an ok game to play if you get it free from PS+.. but otherwise skip it and get Trials Evolution HD. I think the only good thing about it is that it has cards..

Anyone playing Avadon 2 the Corruption or Silent Storm Gold?  Both are on sale for $2.50/75% off right now and I am considering a purchase so they will show up in bundles soon.

Anyone playing Avadon 2 the Corruption or Silent Storm Gold? Both are on sale for $2.50/75% off right now and I am considering a purchase so they will show up in bundles soon.
Avadon 2 will be bundled for sure. Silent Storm Gold has a decent chance of being bundled.. it's published by Nordic. Haven't played them though, sorry!

utopianmachine played 50 hours of Avadon 2.. but she doesn't post much ;)

Anyone playing Avadon 2 the Corruption or Silent Storm Gold? Both are on sale for $2.50/75% off right now and I am considering a purchase so they will show up in bundles soon.
I played Silent Storm a couple of years ago and it's a great game, I really enjoyed it. I repurchased it on GOG when it was on sale, so no rebuying on Steam, but if you like turn-based strategy games you'll love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back