CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wired 360 controller has yet to lose signal.

;)
My problem is I bought two wireless 360 pads years ago when there was a good sale, thinking I'd use them eventually. Never ended up buying the console, so they're just sitting around. Also, I finally ordered myself a tv and wanting to try this big picture thing, for which wireless would be handy. I could dig up my Bluetooth receiver and try with the DS3 again - I have a feeling it was a problem with the cable connection rather than the dpad itself. But I wish I could get some use out of these $40 controllers, which, by the way, also have the right letters on the buttons as opposed to the DS3, and yes this matters when I am picking up a new game or have forgotten the controls for one I played for an hour eight months ago.

You can still buy them AFAIK but only packaged with the "Xbox 360 controller for Windows". Microsoft doesn't sell the receiver by itself so you have to buy it with the controller. The ones being sold separately are chinese knock offs.

FWIW I have an official Microsoft receiver I got a while back in the bundle with the controller and I've never had any issues.

For people who bought the knock off dongles I've seen some claim no problems and some claim nothing but so it's a toss up it seems.
Ah yes, I think this is what I remember reading a while back. Thanks for the reminder. But goddammit, now I've got to spend sixty bucks on another controller I don't need?!!! fuck ing Microsoft...

I've been playing Diablo III, I mentioned it briefly in the Amazon thread but since I sort of consider this the main thread I'll mention it here also... Its actually a pretty fun game... If one forgets that its suppose to be Diablo. If it had another name and was just suppose to be in Diablo's genre I think it would be well received and beloved. As is, after one act (I think), feels like the soul is still missing. Though it felt a bit better when Town Portal was introduced and items I couldn't use till I identified them. (Granted, you don't have to pay for the ID so it still feels a bit off.)

But my biggest grip is the always connected... Not much of a surprise I know but after spending quite a bit of money in Marvel Heroes, and the fact that Marvel Heroes is always on, I wasn't expecting such a complaint... but here it is Monday late night/Tuesday early morning, now just morning, and its been down this entire time... Apparently, Blizzard does maintenance on Valve/Blizzard time... I know Gazillion (Marvel Heroes) does patches and preformed maintenance in 2-4 hours. (Its just insane if you ask me.)
I found the "always on" thing to be a bit of a nuisance when playing the demo and it did zap me back to the start of a level a couple of times when my wireless went flaky on me, but it was way more of an issue with the demo than in the full game (which makes me suspect some sort of shenanigans on Blizzard's part). I almost didn't redeem my $10 TRU key because the demo struggled so much to maintain a connection. However, I can see this being a dealbreaker for people with really sketchy or really slow internet service due to living in BFE or being unable to afford high-speed internet from a good provider.

Ah yes, I think this is what I remember reading a while back. Thanks for the reminder. But goddammit, now I've got to spend sixty bucks on another controller I don't need?!!! fuck ing Microsoft...
It does go on sale sometimes. I know I bought one for my sister and her kids a few months back for $30 on sale at Newegg. Definitely don't spend $60.

I agree it's annoying they don't just sell the damned dongle though. It's like they don't think that someone might actually own an XBox and also game on the PC. :roll:

If you'd like a copy of Dust: An Elysian Tale, quote this post and I'll send it to the first person that does.

Also, it probably won't be until later today/tonight since CAG is about to be blocked at work again.

I received the Xbox controller with wireless receiver from that ExpertZone website a number of years back and never had a use for the dongle. When I go to let my brother use the dongle, I can't find it because we've moved crap all around. So, I let him use my wired Xbox controller. When I started doing more gaming on my PC, I didn't have a solution. I bought a $1 bluetooth dongle off eBay for my DS3, and that's been pretty craptastic. The signal is weak and there has to be a direct line of sight to the dongle for input to register. Now, I'm stuck with my 3ft DS3 charging cable and I'm tethered to my 17" monitor instead of my 42" TV.

Man, I wish I could find that Xbox wireless receiver.

My problem is I bought two wireless 360 pads years ago when there was a good sale, thinking I'd use them eventually. Never ended up buying the console, so they're just sitting around. Also, I finally ordered myself a tv and wanting to try this big picture thing, for which wireless would be handy. I could dig up my Bluetooth receiver and try with the DS3 again - I have a feeling it was a problem with the cable connection rather than the dpad itself. But I wish I could get some use out of these $40 controllers, which, by the way, also have the right letters on the buttons as opposed to the DS3, and yes this matters when I am picking up a new game or have forgotten the controls for one I played for an hour eight months ago.
Fake or not, this was the one I had in my Amazon wishlist for a while. I don't know the truth behind it, but have read most of the problem fakes are the ones labeled with Xbox 360 as opposed to Microsoft. Either way, the reviews seem solid enough. I was intending to buy it myself for my HTPC while testing the Steam Streaming but ended up just buying a used controller/receiver combo on eBay.

Fake or not, this was the one I had in my Amazon wishlist for a while. I don't know the truth behind it, but have read most of the problem fakes are the ones labeled with Xbox 360 as opposed to Microsoft. Either way, the reviews seem solid enough. I was intending to buy it myself for my HTPC while testing the Steam Streaming but ended up just buying a used controller/receiver combo on eBay.
The only problem is that with those 3rd party Amazon sellers they tend to all get lumped together under one listing so sometimes the version that one is selling and that someone else bought is not necessarily the one that another 3rd party seller is selling.

It's kind of irritating that they do that. I guess if you find a review raving about it and they specify which seller they bought from that might help.

I received the Xbox controller with wireless receiver from that ExpertZone website a number of years back and never had a use for the dongle. When I go to let my brother use the dongle, I can't find it because we've moved crap all around. So, I let him use my wired Xbox controller. When I started doing more gaming on my PC, I didn't have a solution. I bought a $1 bluetooth dongle off eBay for my DS3, and that's been pretty craptastic. The signal is weak and there has to be a direct line of sight to the dongle for input to register. Now, I'm stuck with my 3ft DS3 charging cable and I'm tethered to my 17" monitor instead of my 42" TV.

Man, I wish I could find that Xbox wireless receiver.
Buying a longer miniUSB cable would be a cheap solution (or USB extention cable). Meritline is a good source for cheap cables. I'd also recommend CentralComputers as a good source for cheap cables locally if you're in the Silicon Valley. My $2 Bluetooth dongle works fine for me, even clear across the room. I do have it plugged into my front USB ports since I need to dis-reconnect it once in a while after boot-up.

If you'd like a copy of Dust: An Elysian Tale, quote this post and I'll send it to the first person that does.

Also, it probably won't be until later today/tonight since CAG is about to be blocked at work again.
Wow, I had an easier time giving away Rush Bros. I don't need this, by the way. I have an extra copy to give away myself.

The only problem is that with those 3rd party Amazon sellers they tend to all get lumped together under one listing so sometimes the version that one is selling and that someone else bought is not necessarily the one that another 3rd party seller is selling.

It's kind of irritating that they do that. I guess if you find a review raving about it and they specify which seller they bought from that might help.
Yeah, that is annoying with all of Amazon's reviews. Especially when they mix items like PC/PS3/360 content where one version has an issue, but not the others. But, at least if you buy it via Fulfilled by Amazon, should there be a problem, you can deal directly with Amazon. (And the adapter I linked has that buying option.)

Speaking of XBox360 controllers, does anyone have any experience with either replacing the thumbsticks or perhaps covers for the thumbsticks?  For some reason my kid decided it would be a good idea to chew a bit on both of the thumbsticks on my controller.

Speaking of XBox360 controllers, does anyone have any experience with either replacing the thumbsticks or perhaps covers for the thumbsticks? For some reason my kid decided it would be a good idea to chew a bit on both of the thumbsticks on my controller.
And yet it's so hard to find toddler-sized gimp masks...

Well time to decide on Super House of Dead Ninjas... I'm tempted to buy the base game, but the DLC doesn't look particularly appealing (extra-hard mode).
I passed on the DLC. I read it and it sounds 2hard4u.

The game itself at a little over $1 plus cards sounded like a good deal though. Why not?
I just played some of SHODN with the DLC to refresh my memory and provide some impressions. Yes, they added a harder mode, but I would argue that they also effectively added an easy mode, particularly because of the DLC ninja being very friendly to new users of the game. Double melee damage is huge; you can take out most enemies in a single hit, regardless of your current weapon, and bosses go down in half the number of strikes. The only downside to the new ninja is no magic abilities, but I don't think you would miss using magic on your early runs since most people just hack n' slash their way through the game anyway (I didn't even know which button used magic until I looked it up). Plus, a number of new helpful weapons and power-up's were added, so I think there's a lot of value in that $0.59, even if you don't want to use any of the three new modes (Ninja, Speed Run, and Boss Rush).

Definitely recommend getting at least the main game while it's on sale, plays like a faster paced twitch-y version of Ninja Gaiden.

Don't need to wait, just log in, I didn't get an email either. I only checked because I saw a few people trying to trade/sell theirs all of a sudden.
Thanks!

I logged in, grabbed my Key and redeemed it on Steam.

Now the tough part - I need to wait a week for it to release! LoL

My puppy chewed my damned $50 Ni No Kuni disc a while back (before it started going on sale cheap). Reminded me of another reason why I don't like physical media.

Or....you could keep the physical media and go digital in the other direction.
The forgot to add in game chewing simulation thus it's not a very realistic simulator.

Seriously though, I don't know about the mobile version but the one on Steam is kind of terribad and not in an amusing Revelations 2012 way either.

I just played some of SHODN with the DLC to refresh my memory and provide some impressions. Yes, they added a harder mode, but I would argue that they also effectively added an easy mode, particularly because of the DLC ninja being very friendly to new users of the game. Double melee damage is huge; you can take out most enemies in a single hit, regardless of your current weapon, and bosses go down in half the number of strikes. The only downside to the new ninja is no magic abilities, but I don't think you would miss using magic on your early runs since most people just hack n' slash their way through the game anyway (I didn't even know which button used magic until I looked it up). Plus, a number of new helpful weapons and power-up's were added, so I think there's a lot of value in that $0.59, even if you don't want to use any of the three new modes.

Definitely recommend getting at least the main game while it's on sale, plays like a faster paced twitch-y version of Ninja Gaiden.
Ah cool. Thanks a lot for that!

I like twitchy!

I pretty sure I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in over 20 years... I'm not sure I've recovered from that bit of childhood trauma.

My puppy chewed my damned $50 Ni No Kuni disc a while back (before it started going on sale cheap). Reminded me of another reason why I don't like physical media.
Aww sorry.

Reminds me why I don't like puppies. ;) Kitties rarely destroy anything.

Seriously though, I don't know about the mobile version but the one on Steam is kind of terribad and not in an amusing Revelations 2012 way either.
No, they're all pretty not-good. Don't tell anyone, but I have/had Pet Catz for DS. I find it more fulfilling to clean up my real pet cat's puke.

This is the best pet ever!

tamagotchi.jpg

I like twitchy!

I pretty sure I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in over 20 years... I'm not sure I've recovered from that bit of childhood trauma.
It scarred us all. Even watching [customspoiler=Arino][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9moauCaT17A[/youtube][/customspoiler] play brings back controller-endangering memories.

I like twitchy!

Aww sorry.

Reminds me why I don't like puppies. ;) Kitties rarely destroy anything.
I could never beat the end boss in the original. Ninja Gaiden 2 was easier. The soundtracks were great too.

i can't get over how great this new humble bundle is. it's arguable that every game in this bundle is better than any single game was in humble bundle 10. the only games i don't have from this bundle are the swapper and dust, but very happy to throw down a buck for those two games. crossing my fingers for a bonus that will make it worth throwing down another three dollars

i can't get over how great this new humble bundle is. it's arguable that every game in this bundle is better than any single game was in humble bundle 10. the only games i don't have from this bundle are the swapper and dust, but very happy to throw down a buck for those two games. crossing my fingers for a bonus that will make it worth throwing down another three dollars
I BTA even though I already have Antichamber. It was only .19 more than waiting for 75% off the 4 pack of Monaco, but I complain a lot about Humble, so when they do something right I support because otherwise I'd be a hip old critter.

I BTA even though I already have Antichamber. It was only .19 more than waiting for 75% off the 4 pack of Monaco, but I complain a lot about Humble, so when they do something right I support because otherwise I'd be a hip old critter.
If I only had one of the games, I would've bta even though it might be cheaper down the line. Can probably trade the other one for 50 cents or so anyway, and you never know if you might get lucky w/the bonuses

Bummer, but at least he it sounds like Levine is still sticking around to cater to the core audience. I just hope it is better than when Warren Spector stopped making awesome games to start making Mickey games.

I just played some of SHODN with the DLC to refresh my memory and provide some impressions.
I read that abbreviation as SHODAN. Which reminds me...Take Two, use the budget saved by firing all of those people to buy the rights to System Shock 2, so Ken Levine can finally an official sequel! I want more SHODAN!

Bummer, but at least he it sounds like Levine is still sticking around to cater to the core audience. I just hope it is better than when Warren Spector stopped making awesome games to start making Mickey games.

I read that abbreviation as SHODAN. Which reminds me...Take Two, use the budget saved by firing all of those people to buy the rights to System Shock 2, so Ken Levine can finally an official sequel! I want more SHODAN!
I wish they would make an hd re make of System SHock 1/2, then also make system shock 3. FFFFF Yes

Sunny, we're going to have to increase your multiquote amount reply privileges.
ftfy ;)

Well, in his defense he was gone since Thursday...
78c88da2-b87e-4cc7-a478-46ed6203bf61.jpg

in the future I will be required to re-learn traditional fingering. :oldman:
unlike neuro, I couldn't let this one go ;)

{mind in gutter joke redacted}
you put your left thumb in, you take your left thumb out

until she quivers all about

Damn it forgot to grab Takedown: Red Sabre earlier today. For some reason I thought it would be available through the night since it said it ended the 17th, but forgot that only lasts till 1300 on the 17th. Poop, here's hoping for it being in a bundle soon.
so you felt the need to come in here and brag that you don't own this piece of crap?

Young-fan-makes-rude-gest-001.jpg

I think you're better off not playing it.. it's one of the worst games on Steam.
ftfy, definitely a goty candidate.

It's a highly realistic kill-or-be-killed swat-team-sim. Don't dis it because you suck at it. It's a big-boy game, not some loligagging, grenade-eating, heathpack munching shooter.

Not sure if I was supposed to yellow comic sans that or not.
but what about when it spawned me in the sky, and then stuck in the floor. that's only realistic if it was the Philadelphia Experiment.

Thief keys from AMD are up if you got one of those cheap AMD rewards things people were selling.
sweet got mine activated.

Thanks for the heads-up. Still waiting for my email from AMD....
you won't get one, they're too lazy
http://www.amd4u.com/radeonrewards/showGameKeys
for anyone who activated one of those amd reward codes

if%2520you%2520can%2520read%2520this_thumb%255B1%255D.jpg

If anybody's got an extra Batman: AO Millenium pack, shoot me a PM. Just picked up the base game yesterday from Amazon. Waiting for $5 Season Pass now. . . .  :oldman:

I saw those on Amazon. I was wondering if anyone had actually used anything of the sort.

We must know different kitties.
Well, I actually use these with no problem, but I wasn't sure how chewed up your sticks rubber hats were. I'd assume the ones I linked would fit similarly, just without the extension and more surface area to grip. And while I haven't actually replaced my sticks, they are easy enough to replace. I like taking things apart and sometimes putting them back together.

I keep puzzling over various articles like this one on how PS4 runs a game at 1080p and XBO runs it at a lower rez.  The -only- time I run computer games at other than my native panel resolution is when they are really old games that don't support my panel resolution.

Does anyone here run games at other than their monitor's resolution?  (when native res is supported)

Ermm... somehow I pushed a button and Guacamelee is in French.  Can't seem to find any language options to change it back, either.  Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back