CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience on Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Antichamber is rewarded.

Impatience on Dust, Giana Sisters, and Monaco is punished.

:whee:
I paid $4 for Giana a year ago. $3.75 each for Dust & Guacamelee in December. I've beaten all of them (except Giana's final boss, though I've been to the final phase of that fight). I regret nothing. Excellent games.

...and I've played them. It always smarts when some unplayed game gets bundled.

Patience on Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Antichamber is rewarded.

Impatience on Dust, Giana Sisters, and Monaco is punished.

:whee:
I have a niggling suspicion that, of the stuff on offer, only Dust, The Swapper, and (maybe) Guacamelee will be things I actually enjoy playing, so waiting on bundles made really good sense.

Plus, it pays to remember Mooby's First Law of Indies: Everything will be bundled eventually.

I have a niggling suspicion that, of the stuff on offer, only Dust, The Swapper, and (maybe) Guacamelee will be things I actually enjoy playing, so waiting on bundles made really good sense.

Plus, it pays to remember Mooby's First Law of Indies: Everything will be bundled eventually.
Give Giana a try, though if you don't like classic pattern-bosses play it on easy (recommendation for you, not a general recommendation.)

Well time to decide on Super House of Dead Ninjas...  I'm tempted to buy the base game, but the DLC doesn't look particularly appealing (extra-hard mode).

Can't recommend this bundle enough. Even at the $1 tier, you have three EXCELLENT platformers. For me Dust and Guacamelee were both like a retro time-warp of happy. Suddenly gaming was good again*, and all was well with the world!

I've also heard amazing things about Monaco, I just have yet to try it out personally. I really don't think you can go wrong with paying the $4 for BTA on this one.

* Not to imply that gaming nowadays is bad. I love plenty of newer games, but it just felt like I was back in the mid 90s SNES/Genesis era of platforming.

Well time to decide on Super House of Dead Ninjas... I'm tempted to buy the base game, but the DLC doesn't look particularly appealing (extra-hard mode).
I bit on it, with the DLC. Never played it, but I've been wanting it a while, don't think it'll see a bundle this week, and it's just $2 of card money anyway. DLC got me with "hook shot."

If the three games from the new HIB that I have, I've played all three and would comment as follows:

Giana Sisters - had it gifted to me by Motoki. I suck at it. I can appreciate that it's good, but I was done with it after a few levels. Good game, just not for me. Presentation is excellent.

Dust - bought last Summer Sale (I think). Played a lot straight away, then fell out of love with out. Can't remember exactly why. I think there was a challenge or achievement for a 10000000 hit combo that I got stuck on. Shame really. I need to go back and finish it. It's a very good game.

Monaco - bought at launch because I got all excited about it. Played ... not so much. It's not really designed for solo play. As a co-op game though it's excellent. We had some genuinely hilarious moments playing a few weeks ago - I think we discovered that louiedog is secretly a psychopath (or was it plft?) - and it's worthy of more.

I had Guacamelee, The Swapper and Antichamber wishlisted.

This is a very, very strong HIB.

Well time to decide on Super House of Dead Ninjas... I'm tempted to buy the base game, but the DLC doesn't look particularly appealing (extra-hard mode).
I bit on it, with the DLC. Never played it, but I've been wanting it a while, don't think it'll see a bundle this week, and it's just $2 of card money anyway. DLC got me with "hook shot."
I passed on the DLC. I read it and it sounds 2hard4u.

The game itself at a little over $1 plus cards sounded like a good deal though. Why not?

Bought HIB 11 even though I already own Guacamelee, Giana Sisters and Dust (if anyone would like to trade for any of these PM me, I'll take just about anything I don't already have)... Here's hoping the unlock is worth it!...

Still thinking of buying the weekly just because I want 7 Grand Steps, don't much care about the rest and I already own And Yet it Moves and Dear Esther or I would have probably pulled the trigger by now.

Went ahead and bought the Moon Landing bundle since I've been holding off on it. Now I know I should wait till the last day in case they do another surprise discount. Still waiting on the Indie Gala Interstellar bundle to have a HH speaking of... I hope I didn't make a bad decision by waiting it out this time. All I wanted out of that bundle was Beast Boxing Turbo but still..

Monaco - bought at launch because I got all excited about it. Played ... not so much. It's not really designed for solo play. As a co-op game though it's excellent. We had some genuinely hilarious moments playing a few weeks ago - I think we discovered that louiedog is secretly a psychopath (or was it plft?) - and it's worthy of more.
I'm pretty sure that was me. Shotgunning everyone and digging through the walls to escape. Let's play some more soon.

Bought HIB 11 even though I already own Guacamelee, Giana Sisters and Dust (if anyone would like to trade for any of these PM me, I'll take just about anything I don't already have)... Here's hoping the unlock is worth it!...
You know you can pay $1 or a penny even and lock in the BTA price and then add the rest later if you decide, or not, right?

I humbled. I once had Guac and Dust on my wishlist but later removed, and I've looked into Gianna several times, I may have also had Monaco on my list at one point... but for now I only put in $1. Pretty cool bundle and.... CARDS.

Great bundle. Didn't own any of them.

Edit: Weird, got paypal receipt but no confirmation from HB. It doesn't show in my library either.

Received confirmation.

Thanks man, can't wait till their bundled.
Me neither, that's why I'm buying 'em. I actually am waffling on Avadon 2 - it will be bundled, but I want to play it and I did actually finish the first one (47 hours!)

As for Dead Ninjas, do we have any indication that Adult Swim Games has any interest in bundles?

Me neither, that's why I'm buying 'em. I actually am waffling on Avadon 2 - it will be bundled, but I want to play it and I did actually finish the first one (47 hours!)

As for Dead Ninjas, do we have any indication that Adult Swim Games has any interest in bundles?
Nope, but I can't imagine they'd be opposed to the idea.. they give away all of their games on IGN prime. Not the same thing, but it does devalue their games a bit.

Looks like I'm slowly becoming more of a bundler... But I'm still picky!

You know you can pay $1 or a penny even and lock in the BTA price and then add the rest later if you decide, or not, right?
I learned this today from my BGCQ comrades, pretty cool.

I learned this today from my BGCQ comrades, pretty cool.
Just be careful when you do it because your BTA gets locked in at the price when you buy so if the BTA is $10 or something nuts like that wait and see if it goes down. It should go down after an initial high point unless they do expensive 3rd tier shenanigans.

There wasn't any super early buyer bonus this time for the HIB was there? I didn't even realize this one was comig or I would have been poised over my keyboard like last time. I was one of the lucky people that actually got Starbound last time around. Totally worth it for me. I liked Starbound and will gladly go back to it once it is completed.

Are there actually any thread regulars* who haven't gotten the BL2 Valentine's Day DLC? Just got my keys from GameAgent last night.

*(If you have to ask, you're not)
Not sure I count as a regular (regular lurker mostly), but I did not get the BL2 Valentine's Day DLC - and would have liked to.

Bad time to ask since everyone's gaga over indies today, but I'm having controller difficulties.  I normally game with a wired PS3 controller, but since the dpad has gotten all wonky on me I've tried to switch over to my wireless X360.  Unfortunately the signal keeps dropping randomly.  Originally I thought it was cause all my batteries are dying, but now I'm thinking that more likely I accidentally bought a shitty knockoff Chinese receiver.  I thought I was buying from a legitimate source way back when.  Anybody have any suggestions? Is it even still possible to buy genuine MS receivers at a reasonable price anymore? It was super irritating constantly getting disconnected during a boss fight in Guacamelee.

Bad time to ask since everyone's gaga over indies today, but I'm having controller difficulties. I normally game with a wired PS3 controller, but since the dpad has gotten all wonky on me I've tried to switch over to my wireless X360. Unfortunately the signal keeps dropping randomly. Originally I thought it was cause all my batteries are dying, but now I'm thinking that more likely I accidentally bought a shitty knockoff Chinese receiver. I thought I was buying from a legitimate source way back when. Anybody have any suggestions? Is it even still possible to buy genuine MS receivers at a reasonable price anymore? It was super irritating constantly getting disconnected during a boss fight in Guacamelee.
My wired 360 controller has yet to lose signal.

;)

Just be careful when you do it because your BTA gets locked in at the price when you buy so if the BTA is $10 or something nuts like that wait and see if it goes down. It should go down after an initial high point unless they do expensive 3rd tier shenanigans.
The more you know. I don't know if I'll pay more but it's locked in at $3.91.

I saw a 360 pad for PC in Best Buy recently. I bought the wired one and never looked back.

Well I looked back once the L stick started sticking, but it's only a problem in dumb ass games that have no dead zone such as Dishonored.

afik there haven't been official MS 360 wireless receivers made for years.
You can still buy them AFAIK but only packaged with the "Xbox 360 controller for Windows". Microsoft doesn't sell the receiver by itself so you have to buy it with the controller. The ones being sold separately are chinese knock offs.

FWIW I have an official Microsoft receiver I got a while back in the bundle with the controller and I've never had any issues.

For people who bought the knock off dongles I've seen some claim no problems and some claim nothing but so it's a toss up it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back