CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
You just got Tebowned.
tumblr_m3bfohqL9f1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Yeah all the hip dude(tte)s run Windows 8, LOSER!.....wut?
gaben no likes windows shit windows 7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>windows 8 without 3rd party software

It's funny that you compare Levine to Schafer because both of them have problems with management and keeping budgets in check.

Bioshock 1 is good, but very overrated by people. The only thing it did amazingly well was have an absolutely fantastic and unique setting. The gameplay left a lot to be desired. BS2 improved it a lot, and Infinite even moreso. I also thought the story in both 1 and 2 were very childishly written and lacking, Minerva's Den and Infinites stories were way better than both to me honestly.
The themes from BioShock 1 were much stronger in my opinion. It explored the concept of objectivism and the consequences of unchecked progress, and was unique and thought provoking. Infinite's focus on religion follows the path that has been well explored already, and the parallel universes was more of a glue to hold the story together.

Yeah, but that had practically no chance beign humblle bundle since it was one tier only.

But this actually can be weekly bundle. (No bonus stuff, unless separate keys)

Two tiers, with second having more recent stuff (less).

But can't be sure until we see it.
I definitely hope that it isn't part of a humble bundle... I own far too many of them already.

My foil drought extends as far back as the first trading card I got on Steam. It shows no sign of ending.
Mine started a couple of weeks after the trading card beta ended.

Well I randomly decided to glance at the Twitch plays Pokemon stream and was able to watch them finish the game. If they would have finished it a few hours earlier a lot of people could have included it with their four for February. I am actually surprised that they were able to pull it off in this short amount of time.

I know it was speculated that the new deals that just appeared today were part of the new tools Steam gave to pubs/devs to set their own prices but this email I just got seems to confirm it:

Hey Bruticis

Steam now allows developers and publishers to set their own sales. Could this be the beginning of a price war? We don’t know, but we're prepared with our pre-emptive strike:
Bohemia Madness Sale Week - from 28th February to 10th March - where we discount our back catalogue up to a whopping 90%!

I wasn't doing 4 for Feb, but I figured I'd post what I did play this month.

1. Proofread much of a visual novel a friend is writing. Would have counted this as a completed game, but I'm not done, and time that I would have spent playing games was dedicated instead to that task.

2. Animal Crossing doesn't end.

Lurve Animal Crossing. I remember in my village lived Truffles the pig. She would swindle me and then go 'Let that be a lesson to you, Snoutie!'

I need to dust off my old Gamecube.

Just idled two games. Out of 8 cards, I got 3 foils. Including one for Montague's Mount which will end up being like 2-3 gaben bucks profit after purchase and the other two foils both go for over $1. Steam life is good!
You mean the game that you told us was on sale recently at GG with one hour left on the sale and which Neuro slacked on posting about? ;)

Whoa, Motoki mentions RS and here he is! What happens if you say "Rolling Skull, Rolling Skull, Rolling Skull" into the mirror of a dark bathroom three times?
I miss his rants, even if he is biased and lets Weeaboo stuff slide.

Whould'a thunk it? I'm proud of you for getting past your slobbering douchetard phase!
You were pretty douchetacular yourself. Case on point:

Time for a heavy dose of snot-nosed brat.
I find that ignoring people is pretty pointless when I just click the damn "show post" every time.
Yeah it's basically like 'Hi, someone you intentionally told the site to ignore is posting. Do you want to look at their post? Come on, you know you want to. LOOK AT IT DAMN YOU!'

What the shitballs, I just installed windows on my PC and it's telling me I can't use the Steam market for 7 days! :bomb:
Didn't you get the memo? Windows 8 is responsible for every bad thing that happens and piece of software that doesn't work.

At least reading various forums around the net one would certainly get that impression. :p

I just realized that ARMA: Combat Operations is the same game as ARMA: Armed Assault. If you owned ARMA: Gold Edition, there is no need to purchase ARMA: Combat Operations.

I just realized that ARMA: Combat Operations is the same game as ARMA: Armed Assault. If you owned ARMA: Gold Edition, there is no need to purchase ARMA: Combat Operations.
The question is, is a +1 game count worth $0.79? I have two of UFO: Afterlight, so I might as well continue the trend. :)

I just realized that ARMA: Combat Operations is the same game as ARMA: Armed Assault. If you owned ARMA: Gold Edition, there is no need to purchase ARMA: Combat Operations.
Thanks for pointing that out.

The question is, is a +1 game count worth $0.79? I have two of UFO: Afterlight, so I might as well continue the trend. :)
Just to +1? Not imo. To +1 with a different game that I'll never play? Probably.

GetGamesGo Daily Deal - The Cave for $3.75 (75% off)

Activates on Steam.

Quick check on ITAD shows its about the same low as most sites, excluding the historical low at Nuuvem (does this site still count?) for $1.74 or about 4 Brazil nuts.

Edit: Anybody still need Fez?  Send me a pm, ill give you a HB link. Gone.

Bit of a late reply, but my opinion is no: it's published by Kalypso.
You know, I admit I like some of their games even if they do the same damned thing over and over.

Having said that, I've heard very little good about Dark and seeing as Humble's Quality Control has become non-existent (go read some of the reviews for Agricultural Simulator 2013 and other games by UIG) and most of the other bundles never had any to begin with I'd say it's a safe bet it will get bundled sooner or later.

Also, Nuuvem is having a Carnaval 2014 Sale. One notable is the Max Payne Pack (MP1, MP2, MP3, MP3 R* Pass) which is ~$6.85.
I would buy that... I just don't think I trust myself with their website... Never used it before. (and cannot read anything outside of the game names.. :lol: )

I wasn't doing 4 for Feb, but I figured I'd post what I did play this month.

3. Played about halfway through Super Mario 3D World with the wife, which is progressing slowly as she can only give it about an hour at a time and I keep insisting on redoing levels for missed collectibles.
Is there any connection between this...? I mean not everyone likes to play the same level over and over again.

Just wait for them to run out of money again and you can get it for a dollar.
Seriously.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/208720/What_a_big_Kickstarter_success_looked_like__before_Double_Fine_came_along.php

What a big Kickstarter success looked like - before Double Fine came along

February 5, 2014 | By Mike Rose

When indie developer David Board brought in $17,236 via Kickstarter for his third-person action adventure game Lifeless Planet, he could barely believe it. It was twice as much as his funding goal, and he was completely overwhelmed by the response.

Five months later, and the Kickstarter landscape all of a sudden shifted drastically with the launch of the Double Fine Adventure campaign, which brought in a staggering $3.3 million. Suddenly, Board's grand funding total seemed miniscule compared to what devs could potentially achieve on Kickstarter.

"I thought 'Oh, for once in my life, I got ahead of the curve!'" he laughs. "Then things exploded and I was like 'Oh man, I started too early.'"

"I ran into Tim Schafer at PAX Prime last year, and the first thing he said to me was 'Don't run out of money!'"
Board adds. "I was telling him that I was really excited about our success, and then they came along and made me look silly."

Having said that, the Lifeless Planet dev is still grateful for his Kickstarter timing. He notes that there are just so many Kickstarter campaigns running for games each month, that getting exposure for his campaign was far, far easier than Kickstarter devs are currently finding.

"I was able to get exposure on sites that were just discovering Kickstarter," he notes, "and through that I ended up getting a publisher, we're now accepted on Steam - so it's sort of 'the bird in the hand' analogy, in that I'm very happy with the success that the game got, and I'll likely be on Kickstarter again in the future. I have some other projects that I'd love to take there as well."

And having hundreds of backers to act as his own little army who go out and talk about his game in their own communities has been huge for Lifeless Planet's exposure. "It's helpful to have folks for beta testing too," he adds.

Lifeless Planet is due to launch on Steam Early Access in February, with a full release sometime before the summer.

Oh and I guess that guy's game, Lifeless Planet, hasn't made it to Early access at the end of February like he thought. Which kind of makes me think he has some degree of integrity or else he could put it up in a completely half assed state like most others seem to do.

Thanks, but I already bought it from GG.
Any opinions on it? Besides ZOMG $4 foil, I mean. ;)

I'd almost go for it on the GMG sale but the fact that GMG now requires a $10 minimum to use voucher codes really cheeses me off.

Most of the reviews seem to make it sound like a lamer version of Dear Esther.

I've been playing SE:NZA. It is really very fun, and I'm playing it solo, I'm glad I've bought both games. It is repetitive, but killing nazi zombies is awesome... and with the sniper elite 2 engine it is even better. 

Is it terrible that i am waiting on a lower price for a dota 2 item. I don't even hardcore dota, yet i still nabbed glados cheaply. What i am waiting for is the single greatest courier i have ever seen.

Cluckles the brave.

Seriously.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/208720/What_a_big_Kickstarter_success_looked_like__before_Double_Fine_came_along.php

Oh and I guess that guy's game, Lifeless Planet, hasn't made it to Early access at the end of February like he thought. Which kind of makes me think he has some degree of integrity or else he could put it up in a completely half assed state like most others seem to do.

Any opinions on it? Besides ZOMG $4 foil, I mean. ;)

I'd almost go for it on the GMG sale but the fact that GMG now requires a $10 minimum to use voucher codes really cheeses me off.

Most of the reviews seem to make it sound like a lamer version of Dear Esther.
If I played my games I wouldn't have time to idle for cards. So, no, sadly no thoughts on it yet. I did hear it was another one of those walking sims and if you have any of that GMG/Playfire credit it might be a better deal on GMG. I had some blue coins left from the winter sale so it was the first thing that came up. With the four card drops you're likely to get maybe .50 cents for each, so the game is still close to free after cards.

If I played my games I wouldn't have time to idle for cards. So, no, sadly no thoughts on it yet. I did hear it was another one of those walking sims and if you have any of that GMG/Playfire credit it might be a better deal on GMG. I had some blue coins left from the winter sale so it was the first thing that came up. With the four card drops you're likely to get maybe .50 cents for each, so the game is still close to free after cards.
Good point on the card prices. Once the bundle crowd gets in on it, it's all over for getting anything close to a decent price on cards these days.

GetGamesGo Daily Deal - The Cave for $3.75 (75% off)

Activates on Steam.

Quick check on ITAD shows its about the same low as most sites, excluding the historical low at Nuuvem (does this site still count?) for $1.74 or about 4 Brazil nuts.

Edit: Anybody still need Fez? Send me a pm, ill give you a HB link.
n uts mns has brazilain nuts omg mns that why it so hard hehe when u hit me with those nuts few days ago god damn mns. i feel so love so many likes why u do this cylons is under king icedragon they force u all u do this mauhah jk

I've been playing SE:NZA. It is really very fun, and I'm playing it solo, I'm glad I've bought both games. It is repetitive, but killing nazi zombies is awesome... and with the sniper elite 2 engine it is even better.
You've convinced me to give it a shot. Just sent a Steam friend request. Would love to try some multiplayer with you sometime. :)

Also, Nuuvem is having a Carnaval 2014 Sale. One notable is the Max Payne Pack (MP1, MP2, MP3, MP3 R* Pass) which is ~$6.85.

They have also started listing which games are locked to which regions, which is kind of handy. Though, some double checking probably wouldn't hurt.
Looking at Sepioth's Amazon spreadsheet yesterday, I realized I own all modern Rockstar games*... It's easy to check for yourself with ES and this link.

*on PC... and I say modern because I do not own *all* the Lemmings Packs... or at least I won't admit it, to myself.

I can't wait for the next SE game myself. loved SE2 so much and the NZA1 I played was a lot of fun.

I would buy that... I just don't think I trust myself with their website... Never used it before. (and cannot read anything outside of the game names.. :lol: )

Is there any connection between this...? I mean not everyone likes to play the same level over and over again.
i brought two games there from them so it fine nacro terrror game of thrones gensis so hahah u weak cag

No, she can only give it about an hour before she starts to feel motion sickness, so we give it the arbitrary cutoff to avoid crossing into that territory. It's enough time to fully explore a (Super Mario 3D World) world with all the collectibles, so it works out well. If we'd ignored collectibles, we would have beaten it already.

Our favorite so far was an optional level on a speedway with running bosters and Mario Kart music playing.

It occurs to me that I beat the 3DS Mii Plaza game Monster Manor this past month by completing the boss fight on the 30th floor. I'm going to count that as my One for February.

There is a sale for the boxed retail version of Prototype 2 over at the Microsoft Store for $3.37 (93% off) with Free Shipping. Well, that was quick...gone, out of stock.

According to https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601, you should be able to activate the key on Steam as well.
I'd been watching it for a while @ $5. They just marked it down to $3.37 a couple of days ago but I think what pushed it over the edge is someone posted it on Reddit. Maybe it got to Slick Deals too and if so once something gets there it's all over.

I almost hopped on it at $3 but the damned tax was making it closer to $4 which annoyed me. :p

I guess I can see if the Microsoft Store has any in stock marked down or will PM the website but it's doubtful they have much PC stuff and if so I don't see them PM'ing something sold out. I'm going by there soon anyway though so I might look. *shrug*

*Edited to add: I suppose I should get Disney Infinity, which is the other one I've had my eye on there, but since it's not Steam it may not sell out as fast. It's $6.74 and I was kind of hoping for it to get down to at least $5.

I'd been watching it for a while @ $5. They just marked it down to $3.37 a couple of days ago but I think what pushed it over the edge is someone posted it on Reddit. Maybe it got to Slick Deals too and if so once something gets there it's all over.

I almost hopped on it at $3 but the damned tax was making it closer to $4 which annoyed me. :p

I guess I can see if the Microsoft Store has any in stock marked down or will PM the website but it's doubtful they have much PC stuff and if so I don't see them PM'ing something sold out. I'm going by there soon anyway though so I might look. *shrug*
Yea, I saved their Black Friday sale link because somehow they keep updating it with sales and deeper discounts. Saw the post about Prototype on Reddit too. There's a few PC games still there if you want to browse; many are OOS but it might save a trip/some gas if you find something online.

Yea, I saved their Black Friday sale link because somehow they keep updating it with sales and deeper discounts. Saw the post about Prototype on Reddit too. There's a few PC games still there if you want to browse, might save a trip/some gas if you find something online.
There's hardly anything with a decent clearance price left. Annoyingly, they leave the games up forever in the list even after the sell out but when you click through it says "sold out" and they don't seem to ever got stock back in since these seem to be clearance pricing.

Saints Row IV and Sim City got marked down to $10 a couple of days ago with this Prototype markdown happened and those very quickly sold out.

The only one I kind of want that's left in stock at this point is Disney Infinity. I don't suppose anyone here has any experience with it or any comment on it?

Today's Deal -> The Sims 3 (Steam-version) = 60% off most stuff

A lot of Sims 3 games, expansions, stuff packs, etc = 60% off.

Into The Future expansion = 50% off.
Chintzy.

They've done better deals on Sims 3 in the past, but it does go on sale so very rarely that this is probably the best you will get for a long time, or ever. The last couple of times or so they put it on sale they haven't been doing really deep discounts on it anymore.

Of course if you can live with Origin only you can get it cheaper elsewhere. :roll:

Okay get this, if you got Black Soul from the Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 the developer is saying he can't add Steam keys to all the accounts that have it on Desura (and for some reason it never occurred to him to, you know, contact Groupees) so he is saying everyone needs to give him their Desura account info so he can manually add the game to their accounts one by one. *sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264480/discussions/0/540734791949611444/#c540734792453774250

Okay get this, if you got Black Soul from the Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 the developer is saying he can't add Steam keys to all the accounts that have it on Desura (and for some reason it never occurred to him to, you know, contact Groupees) so he is saying everyone needs to give him their Desura account info so he can manually add the game to their accounts one by one. *sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264480/discussions/0/540734791949611444/#c540734792453774250
Greaat!

*Edited to add: I suppose I should get Disney Infinity, which is the other one I've had my eye on there, but since it's not Steam it may not sell out as fast. It's $6.74 and I was kind of hoping for it to get down to at least $5.
The only one I kind of want that's left in stock at this point is Disney Infinity. I don't suppose anyone here has any experience with it or any comment on it?
Disney Infinity or Disney Universe? Infinity is the newer console game with figurines to unlock characters (like Skylanders has) while Universe is an older title with a PC version that they have discounted presently.

I've heard that the former is fun and the latter is ho-hum (best played in co-op with a kid).

Thanks for the info!

And thanks for lookin' out for us!

EDIT:

Chintzy.

They've done better deals on Sims 3 in the past, but it does go on sale so very rarely that this is probably the best you will get for a long time, or ever. The last couple of times or so they put it on sale they haven't been doing really deep discounts on it anymore.

Of course if you can live with Origin only you can get it cheaper elsewhere. :roll:
I already have Sims 3 + Late Night + Showtime + Generations on Origin.

I just yelled at him to give the keys to groupees. I mean, seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back