CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one I kind of want that's left in stock at this point is Disney Infinity. I don't suppose anyone here has any experience with it or any comment on it?
If you mean Disney Universe, I own it on Amazon but haven't yet played it. You might want to hope Amazon puts the Disney Kids and Family pack back on a nice sale. I think I got it for $8.99 in 2012. I'm pretty sure you also mentioned being interested in Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, which is in the same pack.

Okay get this, if you got Black Soul from the Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 the developer is saying he can't add Steam keys to all the accounts that have it on Desura (and for some reason it never occurred to him to, you know, contact Groupees) so he is saying everyone needs to give him their Desura account info so he can manually add the game to their accounts one by one. *sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264480/discussions/0/540734791949611444/#c540734792453774250
I refuse to believe someone who is capable of programming a video game is this stupid.

Edit:

Also, Sir, You Are Being Hunted just got cards! Go go go!

I refuse to believe someone who is capable of programming a video game is this stupid.
ku-xlarge.jpg

I threw my 2 cents in as well - hopefully he'll listen.
Yeah, hopefully he will. For his own sake. At the end of the day I could really care less if he wanted to mail me my key, it's just that the work involved in doing it this way is just ridiculous and both Desura and Groupees have systems in place to add Steam keys to accounts in an automated manner. He didn't even think of emailing one or both of them to ask about it? It's either stupidity or greed, but likely a little of both.

He pulled the 'We contacted Groupees and asked for everyone's contact info to give them keys but they wouldn't share the contact info with us' crap which is the new thing idiot developers are doing lately.

He pulled the 'We contacted Groupees and asked for everyone's contact info to give them keys but they wouldn't share the contact info with us' crap which is the new thing idiot developers are doing lately.
You know what I just remembered? When I bought Bundled of the Damned 2, they didn't have Desura keys for this game. It was just a DRM Free DL and Desura keys got added afterwards. So these guys are definitely full of shit.

Edit:

And it is confirmed: http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Bundle_of_the_Damned_2

Notice how the page makes no mention of a Desura key for Blacksoul. It got added afterwards so they are well aware of how to get keys to Groupees and added to an account, they're just playing dumb.

You know what I just remembered? When I bought Bundled of the Damned 2, they didn't have Desura keys for this game. It was just a DRM Free DL and Desura keys got added afterwards. So these guys are definitely full of shit.

Edit:

And it is confirmed: http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Bundle_of_the_Damned_2

Notice how the page makes no mention of a Desura key for Blacksoul. It got added afterwards so they are well aware of how to get keys to Groupees and added to an account, they're just playing dumb.
Interesting.

I guess we'll see more of this playing dumb stuff so they can just give a few keys out to those who scream the loudest vs several thousand.

There is a sale for the boxed retail version of Prototype 2 over at the Microsoft Store for $3.37 (93% off) with Free Shipping. Well, that was quick...gone, out of stock.

According to https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601, you should be able to activate the key on Steam as well.
The Microsoft Store can kiss my ass until they have a deal that doesn't sell out so fast. I'm almost ready to ignore them completely out of principle.

The Microsoft Store can kiss my ass until they have a deal that doesn't sell out so fast. I'm almost ready to ignore them completely out of principle.
Well the thing is, the MS Store seems to have blowout sales or nothing worth noting... kinda of like GG. ;)

*sigh* Whatever, as long as I get my key.  But this is getting silly.  Giving developers steam info, desura info, email addresses.  Next, maybe they'll want my blood type, or I have to ask them to bring the keys around to my house.

A very, very late seconding of Fox's recommendation ages ago of Infected: The Twin Vaccine.

Just finished it. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

If you derive any enjoyment from Hidden Object games at all, this should be the next one you play.

Well the thing is, the MS Store seems to have blowout sales or nothing worth noting... kinda of like GG. ;)
Prototype 2 has been $5 forever and they lowered the price to $3.27 a few days ago so technically speaking it didn't sell out immediately, just once someone had posted it on Slickdeals this morning and then a bit after that on Reddit.

The console peasants actually started a CAG thread on Thursday about the latest round of markdowns at the Microsoft Store, but of course they never think of us so it doesn't mention any PC markdowns that happened at the same time. :p

TL;DR - If there's a game there you want you have to just check regularly and try to catch it before Slick Deals does, because once that happens it's all over. Also if you see rumblings about console markdowns there go check the PC stuff too.

A very, very late seconding of Fox's recommendation ages ago of Infected: The Twin Vaccine.

Just finished it. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

If you derive any enjoyment from Hidden Object games at all, this should be the next one you play.
:)

*sigh* Whatever, as long as I get my key. But this is getting silly. Giving developers steam info, desura info, email addresses. Next, maybe they'll want my blood type, or I have to ask them to bring the keys around to my house.
I was thinking the same thing.

Prototype 2 has been $5 forever and they lowered the price to $3.27 a few days ago so technically speaking it didn't sell out immediately, just once someone had posted it on Slickdeals this morning and then a bit after that on Reddit.

The console peasants actually started a CAG thread on Thursday about the latest round of markdowns at the Microsoft Store, but of course they never think of us so it doesn't mention any PC markdowns that happened at the same time. :p

TL;DR - If there's a game there you want you have to just check regularly and try to catch it before Slick Deals does, because once that happens it's all over. Also if you see rumblings about console markdowns there go check the PC stuff too.
Yeah, and even then, things get sold out immediately. Not sure if it is low stock or resellers or both. I'd been trying to keep my eye out on the R.A.T. mice just to say I owned one of those monstrosities and those were already sold out by the time I clicked on Thursday.

Bought my copy of prototype 2 weeks ago at $5. From now on whenever you see any shop that potentially sells P.C. games being mentioned in any thread check it out and browse the whole store like I do.

Bought my copy of prototype 2 weeks ago at $5. From now on whenever you see any shop that potentially sells P.C. games being mentioned in any thread check it out and browse the whole store like I do.
Most of those stores they post threads about either don't have PC games, never have good sales, or they have really odd, old, lame shit.

Boxed retail is mostly dead in the US for PC games with a few odd exceptions here and there and some limited edition collector's editions.

The console people also never bother to post what platform their sales are for when they have store oriented threads, but let us post a thread and not put PC on it and suddenly they all pitch a bitch.

Mostly I ignore their threads. There's also a high percentage of annoying weeboos in there. No offense. :p

Boxed retail is mostly dead in the US for PC games with a few odd exceptions here and there and some limited edition collector's editions.
I was in Fry's a couple months ago... wow the PC games section is smaller than the PS2-holdovers section circa 2009. They were even blowing out Hello Kitty Online boxes for $2... I was tempted for giggles, but it'd just be physical clutter.

Most of those stores they post threads about either don't have PC games, never have good sales, or they have really odd, old, lame shit.

The console people also never bother to post what platform their sales are for when they have store oriented threads, but let us post a thread and not put PC on it and suddenly they all pitch a bitch.

Mostly I ignore their threads. There's also a high percentage of annoying weeboos in there. No offense. :p
Whatever. My technique got me a cheap copy of Prototype 2 weeks before everyone bellyaching about it being sold out. Why the hell are you arguing against your own statements. This baffles me.

Also if you see rumblings about console markdowns there go check the PC stuff too.
Also I'm not a weeboo. It's just annoying when people constantly use that word and not know it's meaning. It was originally meant as someone who only pretends to enjoy everything from Japan and hates everything else made in other countries but lacks any real knowledge of Japan or Japanese culture. Now people just use it as a derogatory term for anyone who has at one time or another enjoyed an Anime or played a Japanese game. It's friggin silly and childish. It's on par with the people who constantly run their mouths that Call Of Duty is ruining the Games industry while at the same time won't come out of their comfort zone to play lesser known titles in their genre of choice. It's also just as bad as the P.C. Elitist crowd. No offense.

Last edited:
I was in Fry's a couple months ago... wow the PC games section is smaller than the PS2-holdovers section circa 2009. They were even blowing out Hello Kitty Online boxes for $2... I was tempted for giggles, but it'd just be physical clutter.
if only it came with a steam key...

Whatever. My technique got me a cheap copy of Prototype 2 weeks before everyone bellyaching about it being sold out. Why the hell are you arguing against your own statements. This baffles me.
I suppose it's nice to see the lesser* CAGs score a cheap copy.

*you know those that missed Tony's-Gamespot's Black Fridays Prototype bundle (Oct/Nov 2012) for $7.50... those games just haven't seen normal proper sales.

*you know those that missed Tony's-Gamespot's Black Fridays Prototype bundle (Oct/Nov 2012) for $7.50... those games just haven't seen normal proper sales.
It's physical though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Last edited:
You know, I admit I like some of their games even if they do the same damned thing over and over.

Having said that, I've heard very little good about Dark and seeing as Humble's Quality Control has become non-existent (go read some of the reviews for Agricultural Simulator 2013 and other games by UIG) and most of the other bundles never had any to begin with I'd say it's a safe bet it will get bundled sooner or later.
My comment was based solely on the bundle factor. ;)

Okay get this, if you got Black Soul from the Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 the developer is saying he can't add Steam keys to all the accounts that have it on Desura (and for some reason it never occurred to him to, you know, contact Groupees) so he is saying everyone needs to give him their Desura account info so he can manually add the game to their accounts one by one. *sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264480/discussions/0/540734791949611444/#c540734792453774250
:wall:

Here's a couple of week long Steam deals at 75% off that weren't posted yet:

Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge - $2.49

Desperados Collection including 1 & 2 - $3.24

Both end in ~42 hours at time of posting.

I think this was yesterday's daily deal:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - $7.49

Ends in ~18 hours at time of posting.

(Note: Both close to historical lows according to ITAD.)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - $7.49 this in rip thq daw of war franchise pack for 9.99 once in lifetime lucky back then i got it fro mfriend for late bday and brought myself re5 best choice ever. thq died so young ea should before thq

dont remind me this ashkitty it was my regret of the year tho i got it later not bad price but still

we talking bout mysterd buying out namco ea and taking over to rebuild them heeh
If I get Namco...

Expect Tekken series + Soul Calibur series to hit Steam.

If I get EA....

I'm calling BioWare and going to ask them, "So, you guys ready to do Jade Empire 2 or what?"

Also, I'll see if I can buy out Irrational from 2K; talk to Levine + the rest of Irrational Games; and see if they want to do System Shock 3.

tiem for snakeybro to slap u and spank you instead and mysterd to teach u tebowlish

If I get Namco...

Expect Tekken series + Soul Calibur series to hit Steam.

If I get EA....

I'm calling BioWare and going to ask them, "So, you guys ready to do Jade Empire 2 or what?"

I will put ea games complete on steam and have drm on steam verison for ea. or i mmove it on steam and make game steamworks

Also, I'll talk see if I can buy out Irrational from 2K; talk to Levine and the rest of Irrational Games; and see if they want to do System Shock 3.
teeken and soul callibar me likeyy soul claibar is fun play on dreamcast sitll have around the house but old school!!! more fight good for business hehe

So apparently the Blacksoul devs aren't playing dumb, they are just bad communicators.  Now they are saying they sent keys to Groupees, but people who bought directly from Desura are the ones that have to send their profile to get the steam key manually added.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back