CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I was able to hold off on amazon's Bioshock trilogy for $14 and FarCry3 for $7.50... Meanwhile Steam has had literally nothing even almost tempting. Sad days.

So... I was able to hold off on amazon's Bioshock trilogy for $14 and FarCry3 for $7.50... Meanwhile Steam has had literally nothing even almost tempting. Sad days.

I feel like it has been that way for a few sales now. Tony has really been doing wonders.

The only thing I'm missing on this flash sale is Fallen Enchantress, but there's no point in buying it instead of Legendary Heroes, is there?

Back to the wishlist with you! 

The only thing I'm missing on this flash sale is Fallen Enchantress, but there's no point in buying it instead of Legendary Heroes, is there?

Back to the wishlist with you!
I had Fallen Enchantress and then bought Legendary Heroes in the GG price glitch and I'm even more pissed at Stardock than before. I could be missing something, but other than adding some new mechanics and items, I can't see anything that changed. How they justified bring out Legendary Heroes and trying to charge owners of Fallen Enchantress even $20, I can't tell.

I do prefer the mechanics of Legendary Heroes so I don't mind paying $4 for it, but there is a difference and I can't find any way yet to play with the original mechanics if I run Legendary Heroes. So, maybe if you would prefer the original mechanics, it makes sense to have that one.

(I've only put 30 mins into Legendary Heroes, but best i can tell, the main changes are a different skill tree system for the main hero and gaining other heroes from accruing fame (instead of finding them in the world map like the original game)).

If somebody can explain to me why I should even bother playing my copy of Legendary Heroes I would appreciate it.  I put a dozen or so hours into it, expecting something like Civ/Warlock crossed with HOMM, but it didn't get its hooks into me.  In fact I was severely underwhelmed.  And the art design is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Then again, I never did really figure out how to play properly and I couldn't find any beginner's guides for the race I was trying to play.  So there is that.

Disney's discounts are getting worse.. 50% off of KOTOR 2, really?
cause theye are jerks holee loser selfish egos greedy people dont they already money from their parks and other videeo games they can kiss my dick they screw themslve out of money by being with ea it like they slept with them all night long

They gotta get their millions back somehow.
sure thye aint getting my money they suck at everything they ea of movies yo actually that joke

Why would you want to hold off of dat trilogy?

Of course, given the sales prices we're seeing for Infinite, that's a pack we'll probably see again fairly soon

It's still a great deal. All three games are awesome

Edit: I've been okay w/the steam sale so far. Picked up Antichamber (5 bucks), The Dream Machine (4.25), Call of Cthulhu (got from a trader for 4 bucks), Fable 1 (2.50), Toki Tori (.49), and Puzzle Dimension (.74). The best thing here to me was antichamber. I'd been waiting for that to go 75% off for awhile

Of course, Amazon has kicked Steam's ass so far

Max Payne pack for 7 bucks was insane

Also picked up bully/manhunt for five bucks or wahtever

Pixeljunk Eden for 2.50

Dark Souls for 6

Also got PS+ for 30 bucks, although that's not a digital download game

Also got Organ Trail and Borderlands 2 for free

Damn I picked up a lot more than I thought

Why would you want to hold off of dat trilogy?

Of course, given the sales prices we're seeing for Infinite, that's a pack we'll probably see again fairly soon

It's still a great deal. All three games are awesome
I agree, for the most part.

Bioshock 1 + Bioshock 2: Minvera's Den DLC & Bioshock: Infinite are all great.

While Bioshock 2 (base game) is good, it just ain't the other two games, especially in terms of story & characters. Plus, some reused assets and whatnot here. Though - the gameplay, enemy variety types & combat felt much better in Bioshock 2 when compared to Bioshock 1.

It's the Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC that shines, as that is a great DLC - and that is actually better than the actual Bioshock 2 base game. Not only here do you have the improved gameplay of Bioshock 2 (base game) here, but the stories and characters are improved drastically - you also have a much more personal story here, which I think was always one of the very important things going on in Bioshock 1 + Infinite.

I agree, for the most part.

Bioshock 1 + Infinite are great.

While Bioshock 2 (base game) is good, it just ain't the other two games, especially in terms of story & characters - plus, some reused assets and whatnot. Though, the gameplay & combat felt much better in Bioshock 2 when compared to Bioshock 2.

It's the Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC that is a great DLC - not only here do you have the improved gameplay of Bioshock 2 (base game here), but the stories and characters are improves - you also have a much more personal story, which I think was always one of the very important things in Bioshock 1 + Infinite.
Agreed

All in all, 15 bucks for that trilogy is a steal

Can you believe jack keane 2 is 11 bucks on sale, and Bioshock trilogy is just 15 :rofl: Don't make no sense

Well played, sir. Well played.
Lol, I haven't played either of them. Only own the base game

Other than Gunpoint, Rogue Legacy, and Game Dev Tycoon, what were some fantastic Indy games this year?
Guacamelee and The Swapper are probably my two favorite games this year, indie or otherwise. I think they are both worth their full price, so any sale should be a no brainer. I could go on at length about them, but I will just leave these here instead.

-->Guacamelee Steam Review<--

-->The Swapper Steam Review<--

While Bioshock 2 (base game) is good, it just ain't the other two games
Ima kil u

Agreed

All in all, 15 bucks for that trilogy is a steal

Can you believe jack keane 2 is 11 bucks on sale, and Bioshock trilogy is just 15 :rofl: Don't make no sense
Obviously, Bioshock Trilogy is the better buy - probably by a mile....and then some.

Ain't played Jack Keane series - but I highly doubt in what it tries to do for its genre (adventure), it's probably leagues behind what Bioshock series had done for its genre (shooter w/ some of the "upgrading" RPG elements).

So is $19.99 a good price for Skyrim Legendary?  Amazon has a lightning deal going on right now for PS3/Xbox 360/PC versions at this price.

Obviously, Bioshock Trilogy is the better buy - probably by a mile....and then some.

Ain't played Jack Keane series - but I highly doubt in what it tries to do for its genre (adventure), it's probably leagues behind what Bioshock series had done for its genre (shooter w/ some of the "upgrading" RPG elements).
That'd be an understatement

Apparently the Jack Keane series sucks:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/jack-keane

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/jack-keane-2-the-fire-within

So is $19.99 a good price for Skyrim Legendary? Amazon has a lightning deal going on right now for PS3/Xbox 360/PC versions at this price.
Yes.

Assuming you have Prime and it doesn't get cheaper by the time it gets shipped to you.

Metacritic is NOT a valid source for impartial reviews on Adventure/point & click games. The first JK was fine, but the problem with all adventures is they are inevitably compared to Monkey Island, and nothing ever stands up.

Prevailing sentiment is that the 2nd one does suck though.

Yes.

Assuming you have Prime and it doesn't get cheaper by the time it gets shipped to you.

Metacritic is NOT a valid source for impartial reviews on Adventure/point & click games. The first JK was fine, but the problem with all adventures is they are inevitably compared to Monkey Island, and nothing ever stands up.

Prevailing sentiment is that the 2nd one does suck though.
Someone's still salty about their console binge last night

And metacritic is the perfect and only way to judge a game's merits.

We all know that. Don't be an idiot

Yes.

I do have prime. I doubt the physical version will be cheaper by the time they ship to me since this is a lightning deal. I suppose Tony or Steam might have a better deal on the download version.

The Elder Scrolls Anthology is a better buy to me if you have Prime. It's $24.99 as a lightning deal right now.
I wasn't really interested in the other games. Does the anthology come with everything in the Legendary version of Skyrim?

If I didn't have skyrim i'd be all over it. Worth the extra five bucks for the maps alone
Are you talking about maps for Skyrim that aren't part of the Legendary version or maps for the other games?

Are you talking about maps for Skyrim that aren't part of the Legendary version or maps for the other games?
Im talkin bout dis:

27izRwS.jpg

Edit: The anthology comes w/errythang. Every expansion/dlc/whatever ever released for elder scrolls

Im talkin bout dis:

27izRwS.jpg

Edit: The anthology comes w/errythang. Every expansion/dlc/whatever ever released for elder scrolls
Man I am seriously tempted for this. I don't know that I'd ever play the old games, but even just $25 for Skyrim + DLC + all the collectible stuff seems like a deal. I don't have prime though and Amazon had to raise their free shipping threshold $10...

Im talkin bout dis:

27izRwS.jpg

Oh, gotcha! Very spiffy although I don't really care about such things. I just want to play the game with all of the content available for a decent price. Thanks for the info though.

Man I am seriously tempted for this. I don't know that I'd ever play the old games, but even just $25 for Skyrim + DLC + all the collectible stuff seems like a deal. I don't have prime though and Amazon had to raise their free shipping threshold $10...
Someone said they base the free shipping threshold on the original price of the item during BF not the sale price, so you might want to add to cart and see.

These can't be the right prices... not a single 75% off.  NOT DEALS. 

Slow updates... now kinda deals... 

I have Skyrim & Oblivion on steam already and morrowind somewhere in the basement, yet I still bit on the lightning deal for the Anthology.

angelikmayhem
Jun 28, 2013

This game is a giggle-fest mixed with a dogeared copy of King Solomon's Mines.

Cons include three bugs that required restart or reload, poor inflection in the voice acting, trouble jumping because of camera skew, and a ridiculous dialog tree that will end the game if you accept money from a bad guy for an object you're going to lose anyway.

Steam is making me very glad I spent my pennies on some Vita/PS3 games yesterday and 2 years of PS+.  I'm still hoping for $5 Swapper or Brothers. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back