CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the Bioshock Infinite Season pass in my cart at paypal checkout and got an error. Came back and price was changed. Who do I call at Valve to bitch out????

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass was fixed. Congrats to everyone that got it!
whoops shouldl got it for mysterd sorry derick hit me with steell chair hehe glitch again a good glltich for me once mysterd going to hit me with steell chair and no aj blackwidow me before i could buy it again

.... and Bioshock season pass corrected to 0% discount. $19.99.

Sat in my cart with me staring at it, as I don't have the base game yet.
Same here. I even bought Infinite on Amazon but couldn't register it because I'm at work and neither the web nor the mobile version allows you to activate a game.

What are the chances of that price being a flash sale?

Well I bought one season pass for a gift, went to get one for myself and the price changed.

That's how the cookie crumbles. It's the season of giving so I'm glad I was able to snag it for someone else.

How much less would someone enjoy Bioshock Infinite if they played it first, before the prior two games? I know the story is supposed to be unrelated to the older ones. Everyone keeps talking about Infinite but I don't think I'll ever make myself play through the first two games, something about the first game stops me every time I try to get into it. :(

It seems unusual to have a pre-order as a daily deal (Metal Gear Rising).

.... and Bioshock season pass corrected to 0% discount. $19.99.

Sat in my cart with me staring at it, as I don't have the base game yet.
When in doubt, buy it and add it to your inventory. If you later decide to never play the game, chances are on a price glitch you can at least break even if not come out ahead.

*votes on his five accounts

Getting lots of cards. Whee.

Prices increased to insanity :D (Dunno if those sell, I'll try anyway)
I'm not selling them, I'm gonna craft badges. :p

Are your alt accounts all level 5 or higher?
Yes. My main account is level 36, and I farmed my three main TF2 idling alts to Level 5 by doing all the required community things these past sales (Holiday 2011, trading card beta, 2 years of service, community ambassador.)

I don't really sell my cards anyway - I used my surplus cards to get other cards I needed or to help folks out if they had dupes.

How much less would someone enjoy Bioshock Infinite if they played it first, before the prior two games? I know the story is supposed to be unrelated to the older ones. Everyone keeps talking about Infinite but I don't think I'll ever make myself play through the first two games, something about the first game stops me every time I try to get into it. :(
I would say your safe playing it with out playing the other two. They are not connected directly per say, but nods are made back to them. I think you'll be fine.

Playing Bioshock 1 would probably add to some appreciation in Infinite. Bioshock 2 is unnecessary. Either way you don't "need" to have played the previous games, but it will add some extra meaning to some parts (especially the DLC).

Sounds like I'd be better off trying to play Bioshock 1 again first, which I had always intended to do. Infinite goes on sale so often that I can probably pick it up for cheap at almost any time. Thanks.

7% less, which is an acceptable loss.

And it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to go back to the first two after playing Infinite.

I've got a feeling I'll miss out on future price glitches for at least half of the sale. Stuck house/pet sitting for a family member who isn't coming back till Monday. She has some of the slowest internet on the planet. I think it would be faster if I mailed Valve a check for the games I wanted.

Wow, those Snow Globe cards are spiking upwards in price. They were around $0.20 to $0.35 cents this past week and even earlier this morning. Now... ranging any where from $1 to $3 a piece. Damn.

SELL SELL SELL!

Well this is kinda disappointing. The game I really wanted (The Stanley Parable) is on sale day one so I don't have to wait for it.

Now I don't have a game to wait for and get annoyed when it has not been on sale yet, lol.
For you the sale is over! ;)

Sounds like I'd be better off trying to play Bioshock 1 again first, which I had always intended to do. Infinite goes on sale so often that I can probably pick it up for cheap at almost any time. Thanks.
Same boat. I figure I might as well play BS1 first... that and I'm content waiting for GOTY edition.

I've got a feeling I'll miss out on future price glitches for at least half of the sale. Stuck house/pet sitting for a family member who isn't coming back till Monday. She has some of the slowest internet on the planet. I think it would be faster if I mailed Valve a check for the games I wanted.
https://store.steampowered.com/mobilestorefront/

went to bed at 5 a.m.

instructed fiancee to wake me up at 9:50 a.m. PT

she asked why. I told her there might be a price mistake. she told me I have problems.

WELL HAHA NOW WHO IS DROOLING ON WHO WHILE WHO GETS THE SEXY PRICE MISTAKE ON THE SEASON PASS

WHO I ASK

I got Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (which is still a preorder) and the purchase did not count towards getting a badge, only the other two games I bought with it.

Wow, those Snow Globe cards are spiking upwards in price. They were around $0.20 to $0.35 cents this past week and even earlier this morning. Now... ranging any where from $1 to $3 a piece. Damn.

SELL SELL SELL!
I bet ___ ___ is regretting that he sold off all of his cards now

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back