CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting because the base game was $10 during the summer sale, but the DLC was much cheaper then. Now the base game is $7.50 and the DLC is more expensive. All in all though $13 for the whole thing is till $3 cheaper than the summer sale.
There will be other sales. Also we are waiting on Amazon-Tony to finish hammering out holiday deals with Bethesda and Microsoft.

Also there's GG, GMG, GF, GS, etc... Gaben's just abusing us.

Amazon Holiday Sale, By Title

As a friendly reminder for the benefit of people on mobile devices or wrestling with slow connections to the Steam store, please avoid posting links like this:

"HEY GUISE THIS GAME IS ON SALE IT MIGHT BE GLITCTH WATS LOWEST TSI BEEN http://store.steampowered.com/NUMBERS/NOIDEA/WHATGAEM/ISTIHS"

...without at least identifying it so people know if it's worth taking a look amid the surge of posts.

I've noticed that during every big Steam sale, there are some hidden gems you never see on the front page. Great stuff that's like 75-80% off the entire time.

Anybody see any hidden gems yet?

Wow, Bronies of the world are going ape shit right now.

bronies2.jpg

I've noticed that during every big Steam sale, there are some hidden gems you never see on the front page. Great stuff that's like 75-80% off the entire time.

Anybody see any hidden gems yet?
Since so many around here have been through multiple sales, I'd say there are very few "hidden" gems. Particularly if you use a site like this one to look at things by price/discount.

Having said that, some have already pointed out things like the Pinball FX2 tables that are on sale - unusual because one is new and the rest are lower discounts. Other things to look out for would be bundles you won't typically see until viewing the store page, such as the Wizardry 6.7,8 bundle that is actually cheaper than Wizardry 8 alone. Or the Two Tribes Bundle that is cheaper than buying Toki Tori 2+ by itself.

Can anyone (ashes) confirm that Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends still uses GFWL. I'd image that it does, but I'm not seeing that big red ES warning on the page.
Validating (to make sure it's up to date), and I'll check. (Looking for that infernal GFWL top-bar thing.) If there's some other way you'd like me to check, let me know.

AFIK I'm the only CAG that owns it.

Edit: Yeah, still wants me to sign into GFWL. (I just use an offline profile, the infamous Player 1).

see below, post updated

Can anyone (ashes) confirm that Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends still uses GFWL. I'd image that it does, but I'm not seeing that big red ES warning on the page.

Validating (to make sure it's up to date), and I'll check. (Looking for that infernal GFWL top-bar thing.) If there's some other way you'd like me to check, let me know.

AFIK I'm the only CAG that owns it.

Edit: Yeah, still wants me to sign into GFWL. (I just use an offline profile, the infamous Player 1).

As of a couple weeks ago when I bought it and played it, GFWL was still there. Not home to check further but it looks like ashes will have an answer soon.

Thanks for the info all. I guess I won't be a MysterDRM and I'll just buy it. I definitely need some more racing games (cause the NFS series doesn't count).
oh raly now how many racing games u have i have alot since jan mostly summer bundles and now i hav some but not much yeet

I wish Bioshock Infinite would hit under $7 already...

It is not that I do not think it is worth more, it is just my current financial situation has really forced me to tighten up my gaming budget and so

oh raly now how many racing games u have i have alot since jan mostly summer bundles and now i hav some but not much yeet
None that I'd qualify as racers as I'm more of a sim racer. I do have some NFSs on Origin and RR:U on Steam, but they're still arcady in the physics department. I just recently got a G27 (since I'm too poor for a Fanatec setup), so I need some sims. I usually will spend 80% of my time tweaking and only 20% racing. I'd really love to get into iracing.

I've got a feeling I'll miss out on future price glitches for at least half of the sale. Stuck house/pet sitting for a family member who isn't coming back till Monday. She has some of the slowest internet on the planet. I think it would be faster if I mailed Valve a check for the games I wanted.
Get the mobile app and take them for walks during sale flip times.

I bought an actual game as a gift just after the sale started and sent it off. Didn't count towards cards even though it said it would. System is still borked now?
My first two purchases didnt show up at first. check again

I wish Bioshock Infinite would hit under $7 already...

It is not that I do not think it is worth more, it is just my current financial situation has really forced me to tighten up my gaming budget and so <$7 is my pricepoint for it.

So... there should be a random mid sale glitch and knock it down even further so that I can buy it!! : P
I don't think there will be any glitches for it since it's already a daily deal (unless it gets a flash sale later).

I'm in a giving mood. :)

PM me your Steam name and add me on Steam here and I will gift you a copy of B:I.

None that I'd qualify as racers as I'm more of a sim racer. I do have some NFSs on Origin and RR:U on Steam, but they're still arcady in the physics department. I just recently got a G27 (since I'm too poor for a Fanatec setup), so I need some sims. I usually will spend 80% of my time tweaking and only 20% racing. I'd really love to get into iracing.
nascar sim bbin games moto gp 13

Well, if it saves me money :whistle2:k
Get some humble bundle games from others in the steam trading thread that have cards, let the games run for an hour each and harvest the cards. Trade/buy the cards from the marketplace to complete your sets to get to level 5. Then you qualify for free pennies from steam holiday sale cards! Woohoo!

Since we're all talking about Secret of the Magic Crystal, I sold off a bunch of steam cards from games in the account (my daughter actually played SoTM a bit) and some of the cards I had from that game sold for about $1 each.

Nice, first up for voting is Dust so I put mine in since I missed that a few weeks ago.  Now I'll probably forget about it and miss it again if it wins lol.

Nice, first up for voting is Dust so I put mine in since I missed that a few weeks ago. Now I'll probably forget about it and miss it again if it wins lol.
I plan to rebuy it even having played it all on 360 already. I don't say that about just any game, so consider that a sign of how much I love it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back