CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=11pt]Any opinions on Space Hulk? I am tempted since I am a huge fan of the tabletop game but the games reviews are less the favorable :/[/SIZE]

Feeling very underwhelmed thus far.  I haven't bought a single thing after spending the last few days staring at the comp waiting for the sale to start.  Snorefest.

Did we do the obligatory "What do you want from this sale?", already?

Hotline Miami

From Dust

Don't Starve

Universe Sandbox (because Carl Sagan)

And obviously I want each of these in the $1 range, or free.

Hotline Miami

From Dust

Don't Starve

From Dust was $1... on Uplay... a year ago...I hope that information was helpful to you.

Thanks! I shall get this whenever I get the chance. In the mean time, I've decided to slow my roll and save money for later. I blame it on excitement of sales, damnit!
I agree with Fox here though. If Fez interestes you, 75% off ($2.50) is a good price, that's going to be hard to do better on outside of a bundle. Those of us suffering from terminal CAGtotsis take a pretty harsh view previously bundled games (and sometimes suspects for future bundles.

It's a good price, if you want it.

Nuclear Throne will never go on sale. Ever ever.

Anyway, the games I'm looking for are all relatively new and won't get big discounts. Master Reboot, Doorkickers, Nuclear Throne..

photo-40112.jpg

There's that music software again.  But now that other options have also appeared on Steam, I feel I can resist it as I did the last time.

Green Man Gaming has some good deals for Square Enix titles, check them out here.

Use GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 when you check out. You will also get $0.10 credit for each game purchased.

Supreme Commander 2 - $3

Quantum Conundrum: Season Pass - $2

Mini Ninjas - $2

Scarygirl - $1.40

Urban Chaos - $1.40

Startopia - $1.40

Green Man Gaming has some good deals for Square Enix titles, check them out here.

Use GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 when you check out. You will also get $0.10 credit for each game purchased.

Supreme Commander 2 - $3

Mini Ninjas - $2

Scarygirl - $1.40

Urban Chaos - $1.40

Startopia - $1.40
Hm.. I'll probably buy Urban Chaos. Now to decide on Scary Girl, despite MsNinjaSquirrel's anti-recommendation.

[SIZE=11pt]Any opinions on Space Hulk? I am tempted since I am a huge fan of the tabletop game but the games reviews are less the favorable :/[/SIZE]
From what I've read it's a pretty faithful port of the board game. I can't comment myself since I never played the board game but thats what I read. The game itself is fine, I've not run into any bugs myself. It has multiplayer and cross platform multiplayer so you can play people using the ipad version as well. I enjoy the game but I do have a few issues with it. But thats more about the design choices rather than something being wrong with the game. For that price I'd say its worth it if your wanting something WH40K.

Edit: It has has cards and you'll get 4 drops, and most are going for .29 cents right now. In case that tips it one way or the other for you.

Use GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 when you check out. You will also get $0.10 credit for each game purchased.

Supreme Commander 2 - $3

Mini Ninjas - $2

Scarygirl - $1.40

Urban Chaos - $1.40

Startopia - $1.40
Omnikron is on sale too. Not sure if that is new addition today or was already on sale yesterday. Anyway, I grabbed it, Urban Chaos and Startopia at 75% off + 20% off w GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 and then I used the 10 cent credit you get now for each game you buy. (I already had it from buying Anachronox and Deathrap Dungeon yesterday).

Hotline Miami

From Dust

Don't Starve

Winter Voices @ 75% off is what I'm hoping for this sale.

Supreme Commander 2 - $3

Mini Ninjas - $2

Scarygirl - $1.40

Urban Chaos - $1.40

Startopia - $1.40
Thank you for posting. I'm in for a copy of Mini Ninjas.

It is really helpful when CAGs drop deals from other places in here. I rarely go into other threads. Especially the Amazon thread. I find it impossible to figure out what deals are going on there. I don't have the patience to sift through a list of a thousand games or 500 post asking for discounts.

Winter Voices @ 75% off is what I'm hoping for this sale.

Thank you for posting. I'm in for a copy of Mini Ninjas.

It is really helpful when CAGs drop deals from other places in here. I rarely go into other threads. Especially the Amazon thread. I find it impossible to figure out what deals are going on there. I don't have the patience to sift through a list of a thousand games or 500 post asking for discounts.
Amazon has Aliens CM and London 2012 Olympics for $2 each.

From what I've read it's a pretty faithful port of the board game. I can't comment myself since I never played the board game but thats what I read. The game itself is fine, I've not run into any bugs myself. It has multiplayer and cross platform multiplayer so you can play people using the ipad version as well. I enjoy the game but I do have a few issues with it. But thats more about the design choices rather than something being wrong with the game. For that price I'd say its worth it if your wanting something WH40K.

Edit: It has has cards and you'll get 4 drops, and most are going for .29 cents right now. In case that tips it one way or the other for you.
Thanks!

Consider me a chump then because I'm seeing games I want to play at good prices and ready to pull the trigger. Is Fez at 75% off and $2.49 not a great deal? This is my first big sale since I'm in the process of finishing up my first computer build. I'm trying to go by SteamGameSales but I don't think it shows bundle prices.
I think that's a great price. Unless you're willing to wait on a bundle, I say go for it.

Is it bad that I'm on the lookout for visually impressive games just because my first real gaming rig will be complete soon?
Nope. I'm putting together a killer rig in a month or so. Looking forward to playing them visually stunning games too. Though my rule of thumb is 75% off or more.

Mentally visualizing Skyrim maxed out with high res textures and all dem mods...makes my eyes water.

Nope. I'm putting together a killer rig in a month or so. Looking forward to playing them visually stunning games too. Though my rule of thumb is 75% off or more.

Mentally visualizing Skyrim maxed out with high res textures and all dem mods...makes my eyes water.
The Witcher 2 is also a good game to be on the look out for if your wanting an eye candy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back