CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only reason I'd caution someone away from Binding of Isaac is that the 'remake/expanded edition' is probably due in six months.  Maybe longer, not sure.  That said for a buck and change it's certainly worth it. Great game.

Only reason I'd caution someone away from Binding of Isaac is that the 'remake/expanded edition' is probably due in six months. Maybe longer, not sure. That said for a buck and change it's certainly worth it. Great game.
Nicalis is making it, so add a year or two to that release date.

Doing my due diligence...who has a minimum of either 500 posts and/or 100 likes and wants a copy of Contagion.

Modified deal an a later post...

Dear regulars of this thread, If we are friends on Steam good, there is nothing more you need to do

If not, add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/djbooba/
You will understand if you follow directions.

If you are not a regular, you can add me but I can't promise amazing things like I can for the regulars, but you never know.

"If All Of Your Wishes Were Granted, Many Of Your Dreams Would Be Destroyed"
Thanks for Lucidity!

Here's my new destined-to-fail sale rule:

Unless I see a sale and immediately say "OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ON SALE FOR THAT CHEAP I'VE WANTED THAT SO BAD!!!", I'm not going to buy it. If I have to hem and haw over it, I must not want it very much.
hemming and hawing is so much fun tho.

Shout: Fat Man launcher or experimental MIRV?
Binding of Isaac. It's got action, randomly created levels, and lots of replayability.

Braid is fun and has a good story but the way the dev acts about the game and how it's toodeep... eh.

Dear Esther is not a game. It's a semi-interactive story with AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS and completely uninteractive levels. Seriously. The game is probably the prettiest on the Source engine. But it's just one guy who walks with the speed of an arthritic old man making monologues about things that happened in his life. Oh and sometimes there's birds flying. And you hear some good music. That's it.

Edit:

And while I was typing this, I got Unholy Heights as a gift from djbooba. Dude, thank you. :D
Braid is really good.

It's as if Mario and Prince of Persia had a baby, and then that baby went to some fancy art school and racked up a bunch of student loan debt.

I just remembered that even though I stopped using the "Like" system, I can still go to generous CAGs' user profiles and give them 5 stars.

Doing my due diligence...who has a minimum of either 500 posts and/or 100 likes and wants a copy of Contagion.
i have alot more than both of those

plus you'd be doing charity work giving to a poor guy w/sore buttcheeks

i dont really want contagion tho so i gess i don't meet your standards

I just remembered that even though I stopped using the "Like" system, I can still go to generous CAGs' user profiles and give them 5 stars.
I just now seeing this. Why do I have 5 stars? I figured fox's negative 10 million star vote would have canceled everything out.

So, if I didn't send you anything, there are still many days of this sale. If your wishlist has something cheap, I may just be the one to buy it for you.

I just now seeing this. Why do I have 5 stars? I figured fox's negative 10 million star vote would have canceled everything out.
I'm curious how I got a one star rating... Is there anyway to look to see who rated you? (If so I got an idea where I got the 1 star rating... Trade thread, all those people trying to get nearly full price on a steam key that got for free. :D )

Am I just being stubborn not giving The Elder Scrolls Series another try? I really tried to like it when I played through Oblivion but I just thought it was meh. 

i also gave you a -10 million star vote. Since it's an average, all the votes are multiplied together then divided by # votes. As I'm sure you know, a (-) x a (-) equals a positive. Kind of a bit misleading, then. I'll have to give you another negative review to make it reflect how much we all can't stand you

Am I just being stubborn not giving The Elder Scrolls Series another try? I really tried to like it when I played through Oblivion but I just thought it was meh.
Not everybody likes everything. You're entitled to your opinion, as stupid and wrong as it may be.

Your steam backrgoud in awesome btw... :D (I need to practice more than I do... I cannot even beat the CPU opponents.)
Honestly, if you played when the boost jumping was still a thing, you would be much better already. That was a broken mechanic and I learned how to play during its glory.

I tried Oblivion for a few hours, didn't like it. I tried Skyrim for a few hours, didn't like it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me, can't get fooled again.

Not everybody likes everything. You're entitled to your opinion, as stupid and wrong as it may be.
Of course I realize that. Just bugs me I didn't like Oblivion because games like that are normally right up my alley. I ask only because I've heard some say it is the worst ES game.

I tried Oblivion for a few hours, didn't like it. I tried Skyrim for a few hours, didn't like it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me, can't get fooled again.
Maybe you and I should stick to our pinball addictions. You seem to be one of my main rivals on my leaderboards lol

Quite possibly. I hated Oblivion, but Skyrim appears to take everything that Bethesda figured out with Fallout 3 and uses it to make the ES games much better. It's bigger but less empty (if that makes sense). Overall V>>>>IV.

Today was a good day. Got a new foil for Zigfrak, won a Darkout giveaway (thanks Carlmundo), got Bulletstorm for cheap (thanks CheapSteam) and bought an Indie Gala Groupbuy for $2.25 (thanks Croq).  :D/

Braid is really good, by the way. I totally loved it and thought the puzzles were really intelligent.

I just can't get into Binding of Isaac. It seems like it should be right up my alley but I play a couple of times and get killed and get bored and can't bring myself to keep playing.

They're putting out, they're just not getting into it.
it's like they're just laying on their back sometimes.

I bring sad news: Horrid Henry is no longer available on Steam.
and let the gouging begin

Have Horrid Henry

Want $100 in unmarked paypal bills

Dear regulars of this thread, If we are friends on Steam good, there is nothing more you need to do

If not, add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/djbooba/

You will understand if you follow directions.

If you are not a regular, you can add me but I can't promise amazing things like I can for the regulars, but you never know.

"If All Of Your Wishes Were Granted, Many Of Your Dreams Would Be Destroyed"
added you, thanks for family guy back to the multiverse :rofl:

I added you dj I hope a burger and fries appear next to me I'm hungry.
photo-126681.jpg
104-burger-and-fries-01.jpg

there you go ;)

oddly enough these two images came up while doing a bing search for hemorroid treatment reviews.

Count Burgula, twisting wishes since 2013.

wow, son of a gun, didn't know this lol. wonder if i even have a star much less many stars.

So, if I didn't send you anything, there are still many days of this sale. If your wishlist has something cheap, I may just be the one to buy it for you.
only if I'm at work, if I'm home, I'll have already bought it ;) Thanks for the generosity!!!!!

I'm curious how I got a one star rating... Is there anyway to look to see who rated you? (If so I got an idea where I got the 1 star rating... Trade thread, all those people trying to get nearly full price on a steam key that got for free. :D )
yeah, fuck that shit, and they bitch that I'm devaluing their precious steam codes by selling at or under cost.

ummm, what i mean to say is I agree :D

I don't think they have any games on Steam that I'm interested in (and don't already own.)
I must be one of the rare CAG that has very little interests for Star Wars so I guess I am safe.

On the topic of complaining about too much DLC...

Why doesn't anyone ever bring up Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War?

It's like you're only complaining at a 5th grade level.
The Warhammer collection was $10 last year before THQ sold their IP, the collection was missing one or two warhammer games, so it was not really complete but still a good deal nevertheless. I didn't get it, even though I used to play competitive Magic The Gathering, I still can't get into the Warhammer games which started out as a very popular tabletop game.

By now, I think almost every big name publishers have jumped on the numerous DLC bandwagon, Paradox, Sega, Square Enix comes to my mind. For Paradox, it is either endless DLC or IAP, honestly I think they are better off with adopting the F2P business models as almost all their games are regulars in bundles.

Eh, don't know if I count as a regular but....he promised "amazing things."

Could be a box, if so, what's in the box?

Could be a boat? another box? I have to know!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get"

Maybe you and I should stick to our pinball addictions. You seem to be one of my main rivals on my leaderboards lol
Some of those scores you guys put up are just scary. The leaderboards in that game are great though, always giving you your next goal while you are playing. So glad I added a bunch of CAGs around the time of that Humble Bundle.

I understand the ES hate I hated morrowind & oblivion so skyrim was to be the third strike.(I give things a fair chance)but I ended up loving skyrim! Its the game I was looking for from the other two.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Motor Rock was finally taken off of the Steam store. Now everyone can sell their copies for $50.

penis frenzy guy must've taken vengeance

i had five stars, now i have four. my last two visitors were spoder and fox...looks like i got sum troll ratingz
I definitely rated you 1 star because on a hotel scale you'd be the hourly rate one.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Motor Rock was finally taken off of the Steam store. Now everyone can sell their copies for $50.
And here I forgot to buy it. Oh well.

On a happier note, Santa's Rampage is a blast, but if only I could figure out how not to track blood all over the place.

Regarding Bathesda and the DLC crap, I've decided for their future games I will just find a screaming deal on the new release on a console, play the crap out of it for a couple weeks, and then flip it. Wait a couple years, then buy the complete version on PC for cheap, mod it like crazy, and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Regarding Bathesda and the DLC crap, I've decided for their future games I will just find a screaming deal on the new release on a console, play the crap out of it for a couple weeks, and then flip it. Wait a couple years, then buy the complete version on PC for cheap, mod it like crazy, and enjoy the best of both worlds.
i will just keep playing seduce me since it's clearly superior to whatever drivel bethesda will release

The pinballer in me welcomes all competitors! :)
Your scores are even higher than parallacks

I hate you and regret accepting your friend request back whenver we became steam friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back