CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be one of the rare CAG that has very little interests for Star Wars so I guess I am safe.

The Warhammer collection was $10 last year before THQ sold their IP, the collection was missing one or two warhammer games, so it was not really complete but still a good deal nevertheless. I didn't get it, even though I used to play competitive Magic The Gathering, I still can't get into the Warhammer games which started out as a very popular tabletop game.

By now, I think almost every big name publishers have jumped on the numerous DLC bandwagon, Paradox, Sega, Square Enix comes to my mind. For Paradox, it is either endless DLC or IAP, honestly I think they are better off with adopting the F2P business models as almost all their games are regulars in bundles.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get"
wwhich one is missing on steeam or non-steam ?

So to keep with the giving spirit, here are the rest of my keys I've been meaning to give away (a handful from LN, master key dropper), with do-it-yourself riddles for heightened suspense:

Asterisk is the answer to the riddle that follows the game name...

• Bastion - *A4BQ-CI54H-I5X3M
  • Ether Vapor Remaster (Desura) - 127AE-A7*E9-A1EF3-7B1AF
  • Satazius (Desura) - 3FE27-C613D-1C297-0*CB1
  • Gumboy Adventures - R4890-HAK9G-Y*XLZ
  • Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - HHC06-A5P24-7WJ*7
  • Train Sim 2013 Q5GV5-ANYC*-LNFLN
Ten candles stand burning in a dining room. A strong breeze blows in through an open window and extinguishes two of them. Checking back in on the candles later, you see that one more candle has gone out. To make sure no more flames go out, you shut the window. Assuming the wind doesn't extinguish any more candles, how many candles do you have left in the end?

• Naval War: Arctic Circle - EFTI4-N4*73-*5CNM
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (Desura) - 1376F-1*870-*2806-22355
  • Insecticide - JBJ2R-*XQY5-CP3*6
A glass jar holds a single germ. After one minute, the germ splits into two germs. One minute after that, the two germs each split again, forming a total of four germs. Continuing at this rate, a single germ can multiply to fill the whole jar in exactly one hour.

Knowing this, how long in minutes would it take to fill the jar if you had started with two germs?

• End My World (Desura) - B14CT-IQH87-WO*12-89U1R-HF8I2
  • Ticket to Ride - CL96C-6XCK2-*MLBG
  • Geneforge Saga - PDKJF-TWNW*-THJMD
  • Ibomber Defense - BHGC2-FYTWX-*6JGY
  • Lucid - 97HIM-4ILNC-5W*PY
  • Project Aftermath - Q4DQT-J8CLP-G7*HI
What on earth is this message getting at? The following is written on a piece of paper you picked up:

"_ is 1,000 times _ _"

To turn this strange message into a proper sentence, all you need to do is fill in the _ with a single letter of the alphabet. But what letter could it be?

You'll need to use the same letter for all three _s.

• Greed Corp - EKDD8-BH3F7-ZZJ*8
  • Organ Trail: Director's Cut - A2HLN-Q8RLA-00NY*
  • Men of War: Condemned Heroes - 7CC5F-Q9ICT-2X*HB
  • Vessel - 5WEAK-PN6XG-V2*CB
  • Pacific Storm Allies Steam Key: 2ZCN8-NZEQ*-ZFV5X
  • Luxor Mahjong - 643TH-4XNQE-WYL*5
All right, here's a quick and easy one.

The first letter of the alphabet is A, and the letter B comes after the letter A.

However, the letter you need to worry about is the last one. What's the last letter of the alphabet?

Here's a hint: it isn't Z.

• Luxor Mahjong - 64778-*IN2A-HY7DC
  • Multiwinia Steam Key: *55AX-EJBCR-N3A0P
Three boys are admiring a toy car on sale for 12 pounds.

Jeff: "If Pete and I pooled our allowances, we could buy this car together in two weeks!"

Sam: "Well, Pete and I could buy it in three weeks..."

Pete: "It would take you guys six weeks to save up enough."

All allowances are received weekly. How many pounds is Sam's weekly allowance?

• XIII Century - Gold Edition - 77KFI-NL*W9-7885H
  • Patrician IV Steam Special Steam Key: E5*DC-GPVLI-E757N
A teacher was reprimanding a particularly lazy student one day and told him the following:

"At the very least, you need to study once a day for an entire week before a test. Don't skimp on time either! Each time you study, I want you to study for a minimum of two hours."

The boy had no choice but to follow the teacher's orders, but decided he'd spend as little time possible doing so. Assuming the boy followed the teacher's orders exactly, how many hours did he end up studying?

Psych, no riddle this time (better hurry up then)!

Happy holidays everyone ^_^

Thank you djbooba for Ticket to Ride. Don't know how I avoided getting that for so long when I actually wanted to pretty badly.

To pay it forward the next person to quote this post who has at least 250 posts and 25 likes can have my extra key to Hacker Evolution Duality.

u3EzZ9H.png
damn it, ran out of likes again.

I'm waiting desperately for Skull Girls to get on sale.
I'm curious to see what price Skull Girls will be in this sale too, mostly for "The Typing of the Skullgirls" mode that should be coming next month.

In "Typing of the Skullgirls," each player's gauge for super moves fills automatically. Once a player uses a super, a timed typing exercise appears, which awards damage based on a player's typing accuracy and swiftness. Zaimont explained that perfectly typed words do 1.5x damage, "right but not perfect" phrases award standard damage, and totally botched attempts cut dealt damage to 10 percent. The totals are reversed when an AI opponent uses a super move on a player, meaning that players are spared damage according to their ability to type phrases associated with incoming attacks.

i will just keep playing seduce me since it's clearly superior to whatever drivel bethesda will release

Your scores are even higher than parallacks

I hate you and regret accepting your friend request back whenver we became steam friends
I regret nothing! Accepting CAG friends has finally gotten me closer to achieving a full Steam friends list... only 405 more to go.

So what's the big deal about the You Don't Know Jack games?

I've seen a lot of people talk about them, but I never played them when they came out.

Questions:

1.  Are they fun?

2.  Do they actually teach you anything in terms of trivia?

3.  Can they run on basically any computer?

I have a friend who mentioned trying out for Jeopardy next year, wondering if this would be a fun way for him to "train."

MrNinjaSquirrel, Thank you for Gumboy Adventures which in turn also activated Train Simulator 2013 on my account. Considering I just bought The Holiday Express, I'm stoked that it just installed a full version of 2014 because of that.

Another one of my rivals dares show his face. Beware I just bought all the tables missing from my collections.
Excellent. I'll let you guys have your chance to be on the top of leaderboards for awhile, then when those extra tables go 75% I will crush all your hopes and dreams...... assuming that your hopes and dreams equate to being atop the Pinball FX2 leaderboards.

I've seen a lot of people talk about them, but I never played them when they came out.

Questions:

1. Are they fun?

2. Do they actually teach you anything in terms of trivia?

3. Can they run on basically any computer?

I have a friend who mentioned trying out for Jeopardy next year, wondering if this would be a fun way for him to "train."
They are like other trivia games except they have an awesome, twisted sense of humor. The game insults you a lot if you suck. But the questions are from everything and not just history or sports. It might not be a good training for Jeopardy but all trivia games can help for Jeopardy.

Some of those scores you guys put up are just scary. The leaderboards in that game are great though, always giving you your next goal while you are playing. So glad I added a bunch of CAGs around the time of that Humble Bundle.
<Sproing!> Pinball? Did someone mention pinball? Then I must respond even though I have nothing to say, except that everyone should join the CAG Steam Pinball group - the more people in my friends' leaderboard the better. Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/seemoss2

Damn, I want to try that Audio Technica m50s headphones but I can't find them at any stores in Canada with an easy return policy. Just like online computer stores and shit, they make you pay restocking fees and stuff. Does anyone think these things are worth $180 cause that seems to be the standard rate at every Canadian store.

Sorry for going off topic again but I got a lot of good feedback on this earlier! :whistle2:

Oh Edit I found a local music store that has em and a good return policy too. $179.00

They are like other trivia games except they have an awesome, twisted sense of humor. The game insults you a lot if you suck. But the questions are from everything and not just history or sports. It might not be a good training for Jeopardy but all trivia games can help for Jeopardy.
Hmmm, insults, sound like something I'd like to send him.

Let's try this again...who has a minimum of either 500 posts or 100 likes or is already on my Steam friends list and wants a Steam gift copy of:

Contagion

NASCAR 2013

DisplayFusion (yes, I actually bought it)

Quote with your choice.

Let's try this again...who has a minimum of either 500 posts or 100 likes or is already on my Steam friends list and wants a Steam gift copy of:

Contagion

NASCAR 2013

Quote with your choice.
If no one else wants Contagion I would take it.

Edit: ninja'd by another Neuro. Freaky!

Questions:

1. Are they fun?

YES!

Sorta.

Yes.

They are completely irreverent and offensive and an absolute blast with friends! Questions are basically one part fun fact, two parts pop culture references which are actually really clever and the host that reads them to you (while continually breaking the forth wall to tell you how much you suck at trivia) is awesome and the little extras like fake infomercials, sound bites, and silly introductions are a good step above most any other trivia game. If you have a friend or two then it is some of the most fun you can have with a MP game (in my opinion), and a trivia game you don't necessarily need to know tons of trivia to enjoy.

Also you can literally screw people, which always leads to rather humorous results ;)

Contagion

NASCAR 2013

Quote with your choice.
Give Nascar to Ashes, spoder has gotten enough already.

Damn, I want to try that Audio Technica m50s headphones but I can't find them at any stores in Canada with an easy return policy. Just like online computer stores and shit, they make you pay restocking fees and stuff. Does anyone think these things are worth $180 cause that seems to be the standard rate at every Canadian store.

Sorry for going off topic again but I got a lot of good feedback on this earlier! :whistle2:

If you're referring to these, they're currently $100 bucks here @ Amazon. I don't use them, I use IEMs with dual transducers but when I wear over the ear, I use Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 and they are amazing. They work well @ home but a re a god send on long flights (>10 hours). I've used a couple other Audio Technicas in the past and haven't had a bad pair yet. Usually stolen by loved ones so I get a new pair!

Best of luck finding the right cans, it makes a world of difference.

TMG

Questions:

1. Are they fun?

I don't think the level of knowledge required for YDKJ is anywhere close to that for Jeopardy. [At least] the 2011 game is something like 95% pop culture. Never played any of the older ones, but I can only imagine the jokes get staler as time passes.

Anyone want to plan some NASCAR races?  I've had it since July (Yay for getting a free copy at the Indianapolis race) and put quite a few hours into it but haven't had a chance to play multiplayer.

Some idiot keeps screwing up my game spreadsheet causing me to buy stuff I already own.  I think I now have extra copies of Sword of the Stars The Pit DLC (Mind Games and Gold) if someone wants to try out the codes.  You must not hate me if they don't work though.  OK you can but don't tell me.

Quote this post for the questionable codes...

Edit:  I think my codes are duds but Fox demanded them and Fox gets what Fox wants because his avatar is so cute.  Sorry for the duds Fox.  I'll try to meet your demands next time.

So to keep with the giving spirit, here are the rest of my keys I've been meaning to give away (a handful from LN, master key dropper), with do-it-yourself riddles for heightened suspense:

• Luxor Mahjong - 643TH-4XNQE-WYL*5
I took this one. I mean, it's Mahjong (solitaire) with the addition of power-ups. If that's not awesome, then I probably still know plenty of things that are awesome.

Thank you for the key drop.

Some idiot keeps screwing up my game spreadsheet causing me to buy stuff I already own. I think I now have extra copies of Sword of the Stars The Pit DLC (Mind Games and Gold) if someone wants to try out the codes. You must not hate me if they don't work though. OK you can but don't tell me.

Quote this post for the questionable codes...
Give.

"If All Of Your Wishes Were Granted, Many Of Your Dreams Would Be Destroyed"
Thanks for Blackwell! :)

Down to a 2... Nice fixing there. :)
up/down, it's all relative,
44222738.jpg

I must be one of the rare CAG that has very little interests for Star Wars so I guess I am safe.

The Warhammer collection was $10 last year before THQ sold their IP, the collection was missing one or two warhammer games, so it was not really complete but still a good deal nevertheless. I didn't get it, even though I used to play competitive Magic The Gathering, I still can't get into the Warhammer games which started out as a very popular tabletop game.

By now, I think almost every big name publishers have jumped on the numerous DLC bandwagon, Paradox, Sega, Square Enix comes to my mind. For Paradox, it is either endless DLC or IAP, honestly I think they are better off with adopting the F2P business models as almost all their games are regulars in bundles.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get"
^_^ Thanks, but I know. I have it. The point I was trying to subtly* make is that CAGs only complain about too much DLC when it's stuff they don't own. But they act as if they're complaining on principal.

*subtle... I know, I know, subtle 'round these parts means, "use the sledgehammer"

So I have 2 copies of Half-Life 2, as well as two copies of Half-Life 2: Episode 1, in my inventory. Anyone not have this and want one or even one of each? Let me know.

Long gone. Hope everyone enjoys!

I don't have an elegant way to put this like MrNinjaSquirrel.  Or have anything quite as new as Nascar like Neuro, but here, have some keys anyway:

Aquaria: K9HC9-9ALWN-62WRT
Exceed Gun Bullet Children (the 1st one): PFCRX-NAJ55-Z9XZ5
Lucius: AJTP4-D74ZJ-RJMLJ

NightSky: IF4KG-N6CR7-KX23Z
Mark of the Ninja: JDVTZ-6623Y-3RKVM

FTL: N6C07-IBRV6-EXAFH

LIMBO: IIWZQ-JNP95-4Z68N

Serious Sam HD 1st Encounter: IJB3Q-H3BMM-GRF6C

Serious Sam HD 2nd Encounter: ARRIM-9NBNX-LFRCL
The Showdown Effect: PCLHW-YQ60T-LP7PZ

Europa Universalis 3: CJIDF-QBLP4-M99Q4

The ones where they count as a Gift:
Little Inferno: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=rxtXydqt58XbBuua

FEAR: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=U8F8UVhVeZDvf7sy

FEAR 2: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VT38Xm4qeHDY2swc

Serious Sam 3 BFE: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=r5sNFpny45mX7swm

Killing Floor: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=pRpFaDVWxAxGy5vN

Zeno Clash: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=cyBPhzSz5A53kfnV

Faerie Solitaire: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=CbvKyzhEA7HWNNpM

The one where nobody cares because it's an ORIGIN key:
Battlefield 3: 73JJ-MNQ2-UMHQ-8SH8-8BSB

Happy Holidays everyone!

Edit: My guess is they're all gone, but I striked the ones that are definitely gone.

Contagion

NASCAR 2013

DisplayFusion (yes, I actually bought it) 1 left

Quote with your choice.
fuck u why now why not earlier for contaigon nascar i would have it already so no hard feeligns theree i blam u

Gearing up to hopefully get some great deals. Cashed in my gamestop points to get a few steam wallet codes. Then went to Best Buy armed with a gift card to pay for a steam card which was 5% off. Not too bad of an outing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back