CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy-Grinch took away my ability to "like", so...

Couple of other possibilities:

1. You're not very intimidating.
2. They thought you sprayed first?
1. Yeah, not to animals, and for everthing else I really have to work at it.
2. しね

For those who may be bummed that Long Live the Queen has a 0.000000000000001% chance to win the vote for next community deal it is 50% off now @ $5 direct from the developer's site. (You won't see the discount until you put it in the cart)

It's the non-Steam version BUT you can take the key you get from it and enter it to generate a Steam key here: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/

Someone on Reddit confirmed generating the Steam key that way does work.

*Edit: Also I gifted it to Utopianmachine that way and she was able to redeem it for a Steam key.
/like

We use that term for something else here in Chicago.

polekatz2.jpg
That reminds me of
CatsMusicalLogo.jpg

For the benefit of those considering Love Live the Queen and hoping that it'll be like Princess Maker, my personal opinion is that this one is a fair bit more shallow and almost completely linear due to the fixed events and the focus of the game.

While cute, the game is more centered around "how do I survive?" instead of the multiple endings like Princess Maker, and this is apparent when most of the in-game achievements is based on how you die, and there is a very limited number (2-3?) of winning (living) endings, reachable only if you can navigate/meet a very narrow set of requirements of certain stats check at certain points of the game. This makes the game very unsatisfying when you eventually "win".

I think the main problem is mostly due to the fact that the events are fixed and your path differs only by what stats you have and what limited choices you made during these events. Most of the time, you won't even be shown the available choices because you failed the stats-check in the first place!

Without giving more away, just say that after about the 10th or 15th time restarting and going thru the game, and seeing the same exact events again, I got really tired of trying to avoid the numerous pitfalls the game throw at you (read: meet the skills requirements).. it would have been a much better game if they had more "living" endings (it doesn't have to be a winning one) instead of priding itself on killing you.

It's quite the disappointment compared to the Princess Maker games really.. I remember fondly the first pie-eating contest near the start of that game, and the wide variety of endings it had..
/like

Ugghhh. I can't shake this feeling that Steam is like a bad relationship now. I mean, at first when we met, Steam was quirky. You didn't know what the hell Steam might do. Steam would tease you with a massive 90% off "glitch" and then take it back a minute later. And you knew Steam meant to tease you, because it did it year after year. But somewhere along the line Steam lost all that charm and personality. Steam lost that randomness that kept you guessing, that made you want to be there with Steam for everything that happened, lest you miss something. Steam decided it needed to grow up, and stop being so "silly".

But now, Steam has got it's shit together. Steam doesn't want to tease you anymore. Steam gives you a bland discount on the base title only....what's that? You wanted a similar discount on the DLC as well? Well fuck you, Steam makes the decisions now, and you'll like what you get! When and why did Steam decide to become so serious? No one can say. But in forgetting what made Steam great to begin with, well. Steam, I think we should see other people. And it IS you, it's not me. I haven't changed. I still remember how to have fun. It'd be nice if you let your hair down once in a while now, instead of wearing it in a tight bun while you read spreadsheets about your latest margin vs profit reports. This just isn't the Steam I fell in love with. i don't know who you are anymore Steam. There's.....there's someone new. his name is Tony, and he works for Amazon. I think we can continue to be friends. I'll still come see you once in a while, but I think I'll be spending more time with him........he treats me better. Now kindly take your so called "deals" and go fuck yourself.
/like

:grouphug: I love this thread. Thanks djbooba, I'm overwhelmed with your kindness.

Here's a partial pay it forward, more some stuff tomorrow probably.
Theme is Christmas Movies, Go! (First letter of the answer = *)
/like

But now, Steam has got it's shit together. Steam doesn't want to tease you anymore. Steam gives you a bland discount on the base title only....what's that? You wanted a similar discount on the DLC as well? Well fuck you, Steam makes the decisions now, and you'll like what you get! [...] This just isn't the Steam I fell in love with. i don't know who you are anymore Steam. There's.....there's someone new. his name is Tony, and he works for Amazon. I think we can continue to be friends. I'll still come see you once in a while, but I think I'll be spending more time with him........he treats me better. Now kindly take your so called "deals" and go fuck yourself.
I'm on board with the general thrust of this but I gotta admit that Amazon ain't exactly making my toes curl this sale cycle either. I got $1.99 Aliens: Colonial Marines from Amazon but that's probably a sign of a passive-aggressive relationship if ever there was one.

I'm on board with the general thrust of this but I gotta admit that Amazon ain't exactly making my toes curl this sale cycle either. I got $1.99 Aliens: Colonial Marines from Amazon but that's probably a sign of a passive-aggressive relationship if ever there was one.
Sounds more like Amazon is being dominatrix.

Yeah, you like those crappy games don't you. Here, have another, yeah you know you want more...

So we have Bad Hotel, Bad Bots and Bat Rats on steam, is it a coincidence that all 3 games have a lot of bad reviews?

If Bad Piggies make it to steam, will it break that streak? 

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but....

Should be a gift link for AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

Edit: Gone

Between Amazon and GMG and Humble, I got most of the stuff I wanted out of this sale already. At least the ones that were realistic and not just wishful thinking. But there is one thing that would make it perfect...

Here's what I want in the next sale--

Typing of the Dead: 75% off 73% on GMG, close enough

Guacamelee: 75% off Humble Store

All the pinball stuff I don't have yet: 75% off let's make this happen!!!

Smile: Free CAG forums, no DRM

first, thanks djbooba for pixeljunk eden. :)

and thanks to the secret santa whom bought me Reus and Duck Tales Remastered (the steam gift message said it was from , ) I was like wtf, who's comma?

Darn it all, just as I had finished marking my second card with past sales :headache:

Well scratch me having any chance of winning this one, get back to me when we are on card 3.

Rogue Legacy is a fun, if slightly repetitive platformer that has a really addicting upgrade system wrapped around a roguelike game design. Levels are randomly generated and you will die a lot, but unlike something like say Binding of Issac you don't completely lose all progress when you die, instead you use whatever gold you have collected to level up your next heir and buy better weapons/armor/spells. Each of your descendants has a set of traits which add another layer to the game, from novelties like gastric gas, to more affecting ones like getting extra coins from broken objects or being able to use more than one spell. If you like the idea of a random platformer with a hefty challenge but a great sense of satisfaction I'd definitely pick it up. It doesn't do everything it could with the concept of traits and as I said gets a bit repetitive, but it is still a lot of fun and a great pick up and play game whether for 10 or 60 minutes.

Antichamber is a game that is designed to screw with you. It's mind boggling and immensely clever in how it goes about it, existing outside the normal laws of matter and logic while still making sense in the context of the world it creates. It has a slightly Portal feel to it with how you go through the game clearing different chambers (ala test chambers), but the non-linear structure of them gives it a completely different flow. You will probably need a guide to finish it, but if you are a fan of logic puzzles and abstract art you will probably find a lot to like here.

Buy it, it's a really clever and beautiful game that is worth $2 without a doubt! I'm not sure if it will be bundled again after so long, but I guess anything is possible. But it's only $2, so not much to lose either way.
y u no mak copys?

I cant help but feel like I need a PR/Marketing type person in this BINGO effort. I work behind the scenes and they can translate my communications to something more people understand. I swear it all makes sense in my head. Are my posts like tebow's and you all just humor me?
dude, I can't understand any of that gibberish you just posted. I took the liberty of making your post more readable. you're welcome

Officer Count Burgula

I swear it all just help but feel like tebow's and. Are people understand. Are my communications to somethind thind you all makes sense in my head. I can translate my can translate my posts like I can translate my posts like tebow's and they cant humor me? I cant head. I work behing mor me? I can this BINGO effort. I work behing mor me? I swear it all makes and. I swear it all makes and the scenes and. I can translate my communications to somethis BINGO effort. I work behing mor me? I work behing mo

PS, Thanks for organizing the CAG bingo (wish I would've remembered I suck at bingo) but it's kept me from realizing how crappy the sales have been. PPS (Rule Change Submittal Proposal Under Consideration; 69A, Chapter 14, Section 227, Article A55; If Sunasun has a game on his card that is also concurrently in his Steam Library, he may duly mark that square.)

PPPS BINGO for the last 4 cards.

Bad Sales make Sunasun go something something.

Isn't Super Hexagon the fruit cake of bundles? It seems to sneak itself into almost all of them. I think I have two keys unused, and a mobile version somewhere on my android phone.
According to Enhanced Steam it's only been in a bundle once surprisingly. If it hits 90% off I'll probably buy a copy but I didn't vote for it.

penis frenzy guy must've taken vengeance

i had five stars, now i have four. my last two visitors were spoder and fox...looks like i got sum troll ratingz
lmao, I'm sorry but how can you seriously not expect people to make fun of your game when it features a clone of Hulk's penis?

shit, maybe I deserve 3 stars, carry on :)

Let's try this again...who has a minimum of either 500 posts or 100 likes or is already on my Steam friends list and wants a Steam gift copy of:

Contagion

NASCAR 2013

DisplayFusion (yes, I actually bought it)

Quote with your choice.
I'll take Nascar, thanks

Guys any chance we will see Rise of the Triad in a humble bundle? Or should I buy it now for the $3? Btw should I get Castle Crashers now or wait for the chance for it to be humble bundled again?

Thanks!

Best Christmas gift ever...

82B6G-TPL8X-VAVAW
Congratulations you are now the proud owner of a Darksiders 2 shield!

Guys any chance we will see Rise of the Triad in a humble bundle? Or should I buy it now for the $3? Btw should I get Castle Crashers now or wait for the chance for it to be humble bundled again?

Thanks!

Always a chance. Would just be taking a random guess. I'd say if you're out of games to play buy them. If not… just wait it out.

I don't even want Hexagon and I know that damned thing will be in like 800 bundles in the future but I don't know if I can resist buying a game for 30 cents. Somehow in my mind that's much better than free even.

Yes, I have a problem.

Whoever picks these feature deals should be beaten.  30 cent savings as a vote.  When poor Freedom Force pack has been neglected for three+ years now.

Did anybody pick up Rise of the Triad? At that discount it's tempting, but I can see the game being bundled soon (but it doesn't look like it's on Linux right now, so I could be wrong).

[quote name="inm8num2" post="11383482" timestamp="1387933425"]Did anybody pick up Rise of the Triad? At that discount it's tempting, but I can see the game being bundled soon (but it doesn't look like it's on Linux right now, so I could be wrong).[/quote]

I'm debating it, too. Someone convince me either way.

Did anybody pick up Rise of the Triad? At that discount it's tempting, but I can see the game being bundled soon (but it doesn't look like it's on Linux right now, so I could be wrong).
I did, but buying it is the limit of my experience with the game thus far. What? I don't know if you've heard, but we don't play games 'round here. We collect them. We dare not sully their value by opening their digital wrappers.

I don't even want Hexagon and I know that damned thing will be in like 800 bundles in the future but I don't know if I can resist buying a game for 30 cents. Somehow in my mind that's much better than free even.

Yes, I have a problem.
I can tell you right now that you won't like it. At all.

[quote name="walkonshadows" post="11383495" timestamp="1387933691"]I did, but buying it is the limit of my experience with the game thus far. What? I don't know if you've heard, but we don't play games 'round here. We collect them. We dare not sully their value by opening their digital wrappers.[/quote]

I was just asking if I should buy it. Playing it... That's another matter entirely.

I know a few people who bought it D1P (Day 1 Purchase!) and it had (still has) a fair share of bugs and performance issues.  Maybe they've been patched by now.

I agree it's on the 'Humble-tier' but there's all those random bundles like the recent Jumbo one that had those Steam exclusive games.
I keep forgetting it's not late 2011, when the almighty Humble Gods only chose the best and brightest for their cross-platform DRM-free bundles. Not to say they still don't have great bundles, but for some reason I always forget about how they've broadened their scope.

With ROTT already being DRM-free on GOG, it seems a shoe-in for a DRM-free bundle. $3 is cheap (or $2.25 in 4-pack), but dammit, this is CAG - it can always be had for cheaper, with just a little patience! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back