CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have any problems with this vote. LLtQ and KRZ are still waaaay overpriced.
I would've been tempted to buy Long Live the Queen, so I'm kind of glad Super Hexagon won.. LLtQ needs to be 75% off for me to feel good about purchasing it. KRZ has been 50% off since a few months ago.. meh.

Would have like KRZ to have won, but only if at 75% off since we are CAGs.  Oh well, less than 30 minutes before new round.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

KRZ is at that price on amazon.  There's also some angst from some players that the episodes have been delayed.  I think it looks interesting, but will wait until it's done. 

darn i missed out on somone giving away nascar 2013 that wouldve been nice to receive for christmas oh well back to not buying things and sleeping through christmas

Someone's probably already said it, but for anyone wanting Long Live the Queen, Hanako Games has everything 50% off on their site currently. Long Live the Queen was already on sale, so it stacks to make it only $5.

If you buy any of their games directly, you can get a free Steam key if it's on there. For LLtQ you can get it here.

I think I found out who's been rigging the votes

grinch-smile-o.gif

I'd definitely like to see the numbers on votes versus purchases from said votes versus progress therein. And Super Hexagon is a flaming fucking example of that.

Someone's probably already said it, but for anyone wanting Long Live the Queen, Hanako Games has everything 50% off on their site currently. Long Live the Queen was already on sale, so it stacks to make it only $5.

If you buy any of their games directly, you can get a free Steam key if it's on there. For LLtQ you can get it here.
So you're telling me it didn't really matter that LLtQ lost, and that Super Hexagon was the best choice? Damn you. I must resist buying it!

Voting Sacrifice but it won't win.  Sang Froid can wait for a bundle.  And…. right after I did it I just realized it's already 75% off and the vote brings it to 80%.  Haha wtf, seriously?!1  However picks this stuff should be fired.

Holy shit, Trackmania 75% off..

I voted for Sang Froid, even though I already own it. It's the best choice IMO.

Please tell me someone can buy balance of the force and ms splosion man tables for free.  Not giving me the option to gift them since I own 'em.

awwwww shieeeeeet pinball fx2
Yeah, except it was the free table at Halloween. No, wait, in June.

NM I see most of it is discounted, not just Paranormal as seen on the flash deals.

And I'm not able to add Force or Ms Splosion Man and I do not own them. Adding all DLC does not add them either.

lol the balance of the force and ms splosion man tables are 100% off, but can't buy them. All of the other tables are 75% off.

Augh. I'm still worried that this sale is going to end at 10 a.m. PST on Jan 2, not Jan 3. All of the games on sale say "Ends Jan 2." ALL OF THEM. They didn't do that last time. The main store page says Jan. 3.

I tried adding all Pinball DLC to my cart to try to get it to add Balance of the Force & Ms. Splosion Man along with them, but that didn't work either. :p

Balance of the Force and MsSplosion Man have been 75% the entire sale.  Rest of the tables have been 50%, except for Dr. Strange.

Great time to stock up.

Also a great time to join The CAG Pinball Junkies.  Ask any of us to join or screw the whole group thing and just add us all to your friendslist and start flaunting your Wizard score!

damn it, home for a glitch that is too glitched. :(

oh well, hopefully i can get the star wars pack for 75% off or 91% or whatever they fix it to.

Picked up the remaining Pinball FX2 tables I was missing.  I've gotten more enjoyment out of that game than I have with some AAA titles. 

I also added Super Hexagon to my cart because, hey, 29 cents.  Then I watched the trailer and thought 29 cents was a bit to steep...

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

If you had any faith in humanity, it's now shattered...

Capture.png
I feel like previous sales have done a much better job at selecting the three games for the community votes. They used to be either pretty close in the percentage off or the final price. When you pit a game that's going to be $12.50 versus one that will be a handful of change, it's not entirely shocking which one ends up winning since many people always seem to vote for the game with the biggest discount or the cheapest one, of which Super Hexagon was both. Not really a fair fight...

Balance of the Force and MsSplosion Man have been 75% the entire sale. Rest of the tables have been 50%, except for Dr. Strange.

Great time to stock up.

Also a great time to join The CAG Pinball Junkies. Ask any of us to join or screw the whole group thing and just add us all to your friendslist and start flaunting your Wizard score!
I'd like an invite for the group. My steam account is on my signature. Thanks!

I don't know jack shit about the TrackMania games, so I'm asking CAG. Celebrat10n TrackMania Complete Pack, worth it at 75% off ($14.99)? Or should I just buy one of the games in that pack?

I can afford the $15, but there's no point in buying it if I only really need one game from that pack.
Oh damn that's nice, but that's also a lot of TrackMania

Please tell be you've at least played the free version: TrackMania Nations Forever

if you haven't, go try it now.

TrackMania is all about short(ish) tracks and honing your times... They physics are simple but the whole package comes together nicely. Very accessible, but I don't think it's everyone's cuppa tea.

I feel like previous sales have done a much better job at selecting the three games for the community votes. They used to be either pretty close in the percentage off or the final price. When you pit a game that's going to be $12.50 versus one that will be a handful of change, it's not entirely shocking which one ends up winning since many people always seem to vote for the game with the biggest discount or the cheapest one, of which Super Hexagon was both. Not really a fair fight...
That said, you could put DayZ or Rome II up there for 99¢ vs Dota2 for 1¢ and Dota2 would probably still win. Because people are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back