CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacrifice is better than those other games, though~  But yeah, lol 50 cents on feature deal.  Should have just made it 80% off the whole sale.

These 70% off deals are laughable.  GabeN thinks consumers won't miss the extra 5% but meanwhile they rake in massive profits on the margin with everyone paying 5% more.  Welp, not gonna budge!

Sacrifice won:

QRfLPlU.png

Can't wait to save 49 cents on a game that came out when my dad was hanging out in my grandpa's balls.
Blame pasports for that one... On his wishlist and I know he voted for it. :)

Yeah, I threw him under the bus... and I would do so again! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6v6rdSYyaA

Sacrifice is such an amazing game. I remember dumping hours and hours into it. Too bad I already own it on GOG but definitely worth the pick up, RTS-ish, The multiplayer is way too much fun, but I don't think it works anymore :/

As for the flash deals...

Its probably not a good sign that I go and update the Bingo Card without even considering if I want a deal or not...  Though I think people were talking about "How to Survive" a few weeks back.

Anyhow, 12 PM today, the Day of Christmas, I predict we will have awesome daily sales! 

I predict they'll be awful~

What game are you talking about?

Pretty much any game with the 55% off, 70% off, etc. discounts. As Steam grows more popular they scale back the percentages. The average consumer says 'meh it's just 75 cents or a dollar or whatever but meanwhile Steam and the publishers/developers take in that 75 cents times tens of thousands of sales. It's sinister!

As for the flash deals...

Its probably not a good sign that I go and update the Bingo Card without even considering if I want a deal or not... Though I think people were talking about "How to Survive" a few weeks back.

Anyhow, 12 PM today, the Day of Christmas, I predict we will have awesome daily sales!

I predict I will be unsuccessful trying to get my family to play Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery tomorrow.

*starts ranting like a madman*

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, the Metro series, the Transformers series, etc. Its ALL going to happen!!!!! It will!!!! It HAS too!

Actually, I suspect you're right... I really just don't want you to be right.

Also, on a more personal level have you considered a grumpy cat avatar? :D (When I read your posts I always think of him.)

If you went back in time to last year and tried to explain this year's sale, it wouldn't make any sense. "I got some pinball tables for free because I idled Trine 2 to get cards and sold them to some guy at market because he wanted to craft a level 5 Trine 2 badge because then he gets a snow globe and if you craft the snow globes into a snow globe badge you can get like a rare hat or something for Team Fortress 2. Also the deals kind of suck now but I got some stuff from the Humble store."

How To Survive definitely has my interest piqued. Anyone played it?
I haven't played it; still trying to figure out if I want to. But, as a heads up to anyone that's thinking about picking it up, it's currently 3.75 on uPlay, and comes with a Steam key (I haven't verified the Steam key bit, but the reddit seemed pretty certain).

Pretty much any game with the 55% off, 70% off, etc. discounts. As Steam grows more popular they scale back the percentages. The average consumer says 'meh it's just 75 cents or a dollar or whatever but meanwhile Steam and the publishers/developers take in that 75 cents times tens of thousands of sales. It's sinister!
80% is the new 75%.

I haven't played it; still trying to figure out if I want to. But, as a heads up to anyone that's thinking about picking it up, it's currently 3.75 on uPlay, and comes with a Steam key (I haven't verified the Steam key bit, but the reddit seemed pretty certain).
I bought it from UPlay the last time it was on sale there and it does, in fact, give a Steam key.

So, I only need Steam Snow Globe Cards #2,7,8,10.

Also, cross-linking this & cross-posting for the CAG's and gamers of the world - Merry X-Mas:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-holiday-sale-s5-tomb-raider-749-assassins-creed-iii-12-scribblenauts-dual-pack-7-dark-souls-25-swtor-currency-12-lego-marvel/?p=11384723

@All the CAG's, Steam users, and/or anyone else reading this thread

Merry X-Mas! You guys have been awesome this year - well, you guys have always been awesome, but this year takes the cake! I hope you all get everything you want - especially for games! ;) While the code drops have been awesome year-round and have been during X-Mas - nothing has been more surprising to me than some of the CAG's and also other people on Net that I do know - and even some that I just DON'T know - actually gifting me games! I'm used to family and friends giving me stuff - but this? How awesome is that? :D This is going to be remembered as one of my favorite (gaming) X-Mas's - all b/c of you guys and your generosity! :D Thank you!

Hope everybody has a great X-Mas, gets everything they want, and spend lots of time w/ their family - and games, of course! :D

Sacrifice won:
QRfLPlU.png

Can't wait to save 49 cents on a game that came out when my dad was hanging out in my grandpa's balls.
This is the first time a flash vote actually made me angry. Maybe I'm up too early this morning, but why wouldn't people vote for Sang-Froid at 80% off?! I need some eggnog--the Pennsylvania Dutch kind. :headache:

This is the first time a flash vote actually made me angry. Maybe I'm up too early this morning, but why wouldn't people vote for Sang-Froid at 80% off?! I need some eggnog--the Pennsylvania Dutch kind. :headache:
The better question is, how did Raven get 2nd place, beating out Sang Froid? Raven wasn't even a good discount.

Yeah.. useless to me. All I need is episode 2. I'm sure they did that intentionally, to try to get people to buy the combo pack instead.
Same, only got episode 1 from the Humble Weekly and still undecided if I should get Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4.

MS Store has Game Dev Tycoon for $3.99, lowest price so far and comes with steam key.

Ugh, you need Windows 8.1 to get a steam key? Really enjoyed Game Dev Story when that was the Amazon free app of the day and have wanted this ever since. Guess now I have a reason to upgrade.

Or another reason to complain about M$.
Unfortunately Windows 8 is requirement but you can email the developer [email protected] with a copy of the receipt and see if they can provide you the steam key.

Unfortunately Windows 8 is requirement but you can email the developer [email protected] with a copy of the receipt and see if they can provide you the steam key.
There isn't even an option to purchase it. Just says "Get Windows 8.1 to run this app, you backwoods, inbred hater of progress."

Oh well, it will probably go on sale elsewhere soon enough.

i can verify that it i s steam key email t o u

There isn't even an option to purchase it. Just says "Get Windows 8.1 to run this app, you backwoods, inbred hater of progress."

Oh well, it will probably go on sale elsewhere soon enough.
And they still haven't fixed Windows 8.1 installer which just freezes. (Thankfully it detects it and is able to restore to W8.)

If someone who plays Ragnarok Online 2 would like the common holiday item (Santa's Hat mkIII) please pm me or get a hold of me via steam...  All I ask is that you use it and not listed it on the marketplace for the 4 cents it goes for. 

Saw this on twitter - Jan Kavan from CBE Software is giving out 15 copies of their game Vampires: Guide Them to Safety!

Go to their store and you can select either the PC or Mac version, enter 42RB0FQO as a code when you checkout. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight.

Thanks for the info on How to Survive, Hal and Tebow. Much appreciated.

EDIT:

Saw this on twitter - Jan Kavan from CBE Software is giving out 15 copies of their game Vampires: Guide Them to Safety!

Go to their store and you can select either the PC or Mac version, enter 42RB0FQO as a code when you checkout. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight.
Thanks for the heads up on this! Looks fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back