CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for War for the Overlord before even seeing that people were asking for people to vote on it, mostly because it looked like the most interesting game of the bunch.  Not going to buy it, because I won't pay that much for an unfinished game, but I do hope it wins.

One of my friends was all about Guacamelee on PS3.  For 75% off and GabNBucks, I'll go ahead and grab it now rather than wait for the inevitable bundle.

So don't you just love when you go to buy the daily deals at 2 hours before it closes and you get the stupid
"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support."

Does anyone know how to fix this or get around it?

So don't you just love when you go to buy the daily deals at 2 hours before it closes and you get the stupid
"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support."

Steam sometimes behaves oddly under heavy load. I'm going to assume people are still heavily downloading L4D2 since it's free for another couple of hours. Either try again or restart Steam to see if that helps. Also, if you have another way of accessing (browser or mobile device) you might try that.

"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support."

Are you using credit card or paypal instead of steam wallet?

Steam sometimes behaves oddly under heavy load. I'm going to assume people are still heavily downloading L4D2 since it's free for another couple of hours. Either try again or restart Steam to see if that helps. Also, if you have another way of accessing (browser or mobile device) you might try that.
Will try. Thank you.

Are you using credit card or paypal instead of steam wallet?
Nope I already have enough in my wallet so I was just trying to purchase.

No, I put them in my basement dungeon with all the other hot women I got via bundles.
Humble Mail Order Bride Bundle

Pay what you want for this excellent collection of women that if bought separately would cost you your left testicle, and support great charities like Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps!

Same price, $3.75
Thank you, kind sir.

Was Papers, Please ever a daily or flash? I know it won a community choice. Part of me was holding for a better price but I was given a Steam gift card and it seems that since it was gifted money perhaps I didn't need to wait another six months for a 75% sale or something. Of course, I had this epiphany after the community choice sale price was over.

If I already have skyrim on 360 with all dlc is the PC legendary edition with picking up to try out mods?
I could go into a very long winded explanation, but I'll just say YES.

(I owned Skyrim on 360 before picking it up on PC as well.)

Edit: If you've played a decent amount of time on 360, you may actually want to start off on PC by straight off installing an overhaul to change up your gameplay experience. ACE Combat (which I currently use) and SkyRe are the most popular.

Thank you, kind sir.

Was Papers, Please ever a daily or flash? I know it won a community choice. Part of me was holding for a better price but I was given a Steam gift card and it seems that since it was gifted money perhaps I didn't need to wait another six months for a 75% sale or something. Of course, I had this epiphany after the community choice sale price was over.
I don't think it's been a daily or flash so there's a chance it will be at the same price. I don't recall if it's been a daily on the Humble Store yet.

Thank you, kind sir.

Papers, Please was a flash deal on the 2nd day for the same price. They're all listed in the OP.

If I already have skyrim on 360 with all dlc is the PC legendary edition with picking up to try out mods?
Absolutely. What I like to do with Bethesda RPGs is buy them at launch on console so that I'm forced to play-through vanilla and then double-dip on PC for mods once they are on sale.

There are very large sweeping mods which can almost be considered total conversions (like Skywind and Falskaar) and then there are just plain essential ones which fix/tweak things. (the Unofficial Patches come to mind as absolutely necessary and fix so many things which Bethesda left broken on console) Beyond that there's everything in-between and you aren't limited to what's just on the Steam Workshop which is also nice.

Totally worth it for mods alone.

Well I don't know how to multiquote on mobile but that was all the convincing I needed to grab it. And my $20 steam card for gamestop points made it easier. Looking forward to skywind, I've read that one is pretty amazing.

Well I don't know how to multiquote on mobile but that was all the convincing I needed to grab it. And my $20 steam card for gamestop points made it easier. Looking forward to skywind, I've read that one is pretty amazing.
Just know that you'll need Morrowind GOTY Edition for Skywind as it looks for it during the install. Also it's still very much at a beta level in terms of what works.

Just know that you'll need Morrowind GOTY Edition for Skywind as it looks for it during the install. Also it's still very much at a beta level in terms of what works.
I assume you mean for the Skywind mod? Falskaar certainly doesn't require Morrowind.

Bought "Guacamelee!" due to CAG peer pressure and insanely good reviews.

Not sure whether to applaud myself for supporting an Indie dev, or be angry at myself - as it will inevitably be free on PlayStation Network down the road.

Not sure whether to applaud myself for supporting an Indie dev, or be angry at myself - as it will inevitably be free on PlayStation Network down the road.
I Believe it's already been free with PS+ hasn't it?

If you got 3089 in the Indie Royale Sigma bundle or IndieGameStand, you now have a Steam key available there. When you activate it, it doesn't show up in your games list yet, because the game isn't out.

If you're going to post a deal at least post a link to it... some people...
75face097c43c19ba07dc5f5750d603b6ff19cd726db8a4cd5415d0e94a06c76.jpg

I Believe it's already been free with PS+ hasn't it?
*starts crying* , *starts laughing* , *starts crying again* , *starts laughing again* ......

Everybody buy Guacamelee. Luchadores are vastly underepresented in video games.
Bought, and is Steam down for anyone else?

Humble Mail Order Bride Bundle

Pay what you want for this excellent collection of women that if bought separately would cost you your left testicle, and support great charities like Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps!
Thanks for the plug, I'll be digitally sending you my soul shortly :D

For Posterity: Community Vote Results (10AM)

The 4-times bundled game, naturally....

Capture.png

Sorry I wasn't up for the 2AM one.

Edit: Thanks iSerra!  I always appreciate these posts... since if you aren't around for that 30 minutes...

When hot women offer you sex do you put them in the back of your closet for later use?
My lawyer advised me not to answer this.

Steam version launches from UPlay anyway so you're not missing much
And full-Uplay at that... and you need to have Uplay-friends for social aspects.

Papers, Please was a flash deal on the 2nd day for the same price. They're all listed in the OP.
It also won the community vote yesterday... I remember, my only winning vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back