CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, those should still be available. I just went back to old humble bundles (before the gifting) recently and keys that I had redeemed still had the key in those areas. Ones I had not redeemed still had the "Click Button to redeem" button.
Last time I checked, the auto redemption was only for the newer bundles. The one ones still provided keys.
I do not see a giftbox button next to those in the picture so they might be already redeemed.
Thanks for the info, if anyone wants any of these PM me, first come first served.

Edit: Only Limbo left.

So now I'm kicked off the Steam Marketplace until the 2nd because I had the audacity to add more money to my account to buy more crap. Fan-F'ing-tastic. I swear if I wasted all this time and don't even get that badge at the end of it I'm gonna go ballistic.
I believe that any time you change your method of payment you risk being locked out of the market and it seems as though they tighten that up right around big sales.

It's irritating that they don't spell that out or at least warn you in some way.

Personally, I always just buy Steam Cards so it doesn't matter if I decide to pay cash or choose a different credit card.

So I've been going through my Humble account and I have a quick question on Humble Bundle Steam Keys:

S6OPH6o.png

I'm not sure if these are used, I've had keys that looked like the above, but they were already activated.
Funny, I bought that bundle ages ago, and was just this minute playing A Virus Named Tom. Good game, but the cards are dropping slow. I'm half done, and only have 2 cards.

I believe that any time you change your method of payment you risk being locked out of the market and it seems as though they tighten that up right around big sales.

It's irritating that they don't spell that out or at least warn you in some way.

Personally, I always just buy Steam Cards so it doesn't matter if I decide to pay cash or choose a different credit card.
Yeah, that's what happened. I normally add money through Paypal, but wanted to use my card today because I added money to my Paypal account so I could buy from BundleStars because they no longer take my card, but you have to pay out of your Paypal balance when you have any, but couldn't do that because I haven't gotten the bundle yet and adding to that balance takes days...now I have no idea where my money is.

But I'm pretty sure it's all working it's way back to Valve in the long run, so they shouldn't be so damn picky.

Yeah. I was going to mention this before stuff. It was also $3 on the Steam Summer sale, though HB Store nets you the (MysterD-bait) version too. I've been tempted, but I don't see myself getting around to it anytime soon.
Yeah - I like when companies offer up both a DRM-FREE version + Steam-key version. :D

Best of BOTH worlds. :D

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

Winner! radioactivez0r has submitted a winning card for round 2!

See the announcement here for more details about this and round 3.

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

Winner! radioactivez0r has submitted a winning card for round 2!

See the announcement here for more details about this and round 3.
radioactivez0r is dead

i needed one more square

one more

fuck you radioactivez0r

fuck you psychonauts

and fuck you steam for not putting psychonauts on sale for like the first time ever

There's three -- based around Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. There were originally going to be free holiday content updates last year (the've been in the Steam files that long) but Pitchford thought it would be a great idea to charge people $3 each. Only bother if you're a complete Borderlands addict and need to see EVERYTHING Gearbox puts out. To my knowledge there isn't even any unique weapons/mods/whatever. Just skins.
I still havent gotten the Tiny Tina skins, did they ever release those? I got the heads via shift code.

radioactivez0r is dead

i needed one more square

one more

fuck you radioactivez0r

fuck you psychonauts

and fuck you steam for not putting psychonauts on sale for like the first time ever
Good to see BINGO is bringing the community together.

edit: oh, and I beat more of your PinballFX scores today bro.

I thought Psychonauts PC was in some HB's at the $1 tier before?
yea everybody and their grandmommy has psychonauts

i dont need it, i just wanted it to go on sale because i would have bingo then. i swear it seems like psychonauts is always a flash sale at some point in these steam sales, but it hasn't shown up. raz can go fuck himself

yea everybody and their grandmommy has psychonauts
I have it from Retail and also from Humble Double Fine Bundle.

i dont need it, i just wanted it to go on sale because i would have bingo then. i swear it seems like psychonauts is always a flash sale at some point in these steam sales, but it hasn't shown up. raz can go fuck himself
Ahhhhh, now I see why you needed Psychonauts - you need it for the Bingo Card!

You're not needing the actual game!

Finally Dust.  Almost escaped 2013 without buying a thing on Steam, but they just made the cut!  Also lol @ two brothers and don't starve: free on PS+!

this sale needs variety sale including sonic transformed tranformer coh 2 tnmt and less repeat valve hasnt llearn we cag dont like repeats repeats is bad for business more variety is good 

So, I had a bit of time to try out some of my new racing games and setup. First off, the G27 is a respectable wheel. In its price range it's probably the best you can get. (Don't we all want Fanatec setups?) Good resistance and decent force feedback. The mechanical deadzone is a little wider than I'd prefer, but still perfectly tolerable. The pedals have believable resistance, especially the brake and it allows for good modulation. I didn't get to try out the clutch and shifter setup, but the pedal feels similar to my Honda Civic, but certainly lighter than my Integra with 3400lb dual diaphragm pressure plate (though, that actually would be nice IMO). Also, my current cheapy computer desk will not be up to the task of using this wheel long term as 900 degrees of aggressive motion is no match for flimsy Office Depot particle board. Time to pull my spare Sparco seat out and build a rig.

I decided to play around with Trackmania first (huge thanks to Ashes!) and I've come to the conclusion I'm much better at standard asphalt racing/physics than the alternative. As such, I had the easiest time with Valley which is similar to touring car type racing. Tight lines and aggressive entry seem to pay off. Canyon is very much a drift style title with its plethora of turns that reward late entry and tail happy corner exit. Stadium is pretty much an automotive playground and I actually had the hardest time catching on with it. Physics were questionable at times, but were at least fairly consistent from what I played. All three are pleasing to the eye and had that Pinball FX2 'let me try one more time' type quality.

Assetto Corsa while still an Early Access game is remarkable. Arcade racers are best waiting in the media center because this sim is all about realism. From the feel of the tire on the edge of friction loss to the sound of loose gravel exiting the wheel wells after a turn taken too wide, NFS this is not. For what is there, the sights, sounds and feel are all pretty impressive. I'm going to have to play around with this control-wise to get it just right, however. The default G27 setup in the game would not recognize my external shifter, nor clutch pedal (maybe it's not implemented yet?) and the steering was waaaaaaay to touchy. I was too lazy to actually mess with anything settings wise, so I just adapted.

And totally off topic, I just recently watched The Avengers and Star Trek: Into Darkness. Having kept myself in the dark with both movies (which was no small feat), I was pleasantly rewarded. The Avengers exceeded my expectations and was very much the sci-fi ensemble film that I was hoping for. No one character really overshadowed the other which kept me interested throughout the duration. Star Trek lived up to my (admittedly high) expectations, barely. The movie on a whole was enjoyable, but I felt it could have used some more emphasis on the supporting cast as well as a bit tighter narrative. Some of the old movie references were a nice touch, but isn't it time to branch out in the alternate time line. Maybe for the next one?

That is all.
slacker for ur movies side i watch in mvoie theather without wasting my money only on food tho ehhe

So instead of the  arguably greatest pool game which also has the highest % off, people voted for the lowest % off title,  that's also going to be a  FREE TO PLAY game, that's just charging 20 dollars to get in early that isn't even done yet.

I don't even have words

Wait - you mean Gaben can read Tebonics?

{Eyebrow raised}
i didnt even know that i guess im lord of even gaben need to make activison to bow to mee heh hpput 50% offf normal 75% off for all games and put the bundl of transformer on amazon heheh :p and mak ea put their games back steam bee back in month to fixed the problem

slacker for ur movies side i watch in mvoie theather without wasting my money only on food tho ehhe
My house > any movie theater (with exceptions to IMAX). It's cheaper, I don't have to sit with the common rabble and the dress code is much more forgiving (no shirt, no shoes, no ______, no problem).

So instead of the greatest pool game, people voted for the lowest % off title, a FREE TO PLAY game, that's charging 20 dollars to get in early that isn't even done yet.

No wonder people are spamming early access titles. People will pay it and if it's garbage they can say it's not done yet.
it just like how they vote for bundle games over games that havent been bundle u should know by now people are high drugs of stupid

Finally Dust. Almost escaped 2013 without buying a thing on Steam, but they just made the cut! Also lol @ two brothers and don't starve: free on PS+!
I thought Don't Starve is only for PS4?

Also, we do pay a little per month for PS+ so it's not technically free and you can only play them as long as you have an active subscription.

My house with aj spanking me> any movie theater (with exceptions to IMAX). It's cheaper, I don't have to sit with the common rabble and the dress code is much more forgiving (no shirt, no shoes, no ______, no problem).
yes stop talking bout ur gf aj all the timee oh wait ur her boyfriend slave luckliey we brokee up few days ago haha

Mysterd and CAG true ellites can truly read that.
oh realy now

I thought Don't Starve is only for PS4?

Also, we do pay a little per month for PS+ so it's not technically free and you can only play them as long as you have an active subscription.
meh. i got ps+ from amazon black friday....that comes out to 2.50 a month. more than worth it...especially when you get into the fact that you'll occasionally get sum ps exclusives. plus it comes with a bunch of games right of the bat, like ico/shadow of the colossus and dragon's dogma.

Let's not forget your computer cost you money too.
shhhh, logic hurts

an xbox really isn't worth getting (exclusives are shit, imho...gears and halo. that's about it), but a playstation is. I got the arkham origins/last of us bundle for 200 bucks...when you take into account that a lot of people will pay more than this for a video card alone, the hardware really isn't a bad deal. Some of the best games the past five or six years or so have been ps exclusives (last of us, god of war, infamous, resistance, demon's souls, uncharted, ico/shadow of the colossus, etc). Love my PC but I'm not afraid to admit I still got some luv for dat console peasant lyfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back