CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on HOMMVI? I keep staring at it, but I also keep seeing negative reviews/recommendations underneath due to bugs. Are the bugs THAT bad?

Thoughts on The Swapper?
I absolutely loved it, and would say it's possibly my GOTY (barring stuff I only got to play this year that were released prior). It's insanely clever, has a great art style, and tells a really engaging and thought provoking story (I was reminded of the movie Moon). I paid what it is currently on sale for and would without a doubt recommend it to any puzzle fan (it's not much of a platformer, despite looking like one from videos).

I played through the whole thing in two briefly separated sittings (about 4 hours worth), which isn't something I do very often at all.

Further thoughts: -->Steam Review<--

But why is it unfair to compare them to each other? If you had said because of their age I'd agree with you, but you seem to be under an impression that because a game is a "masterpiece" it for some reason shouldn't be used to measure even continual games in the series. This is just ridiculous to me, because what exactly is the point of a sequel than to be better than its predecessor?

I feel I've had this conversation already though, so I should probably just shut up and take a breather.

You keep saying this, but video games aren't even old enough as a medium for this to be possible. Unless you started gaming at an extremely old age and promptly keeled over.

I knew it was too much to hope for Sounddodger, which was one of my biggest wants from this sale. I guess I can still hope for a flash sale...
If we compare TQ to D3, it'd wind-up in a discussion of why TQ is a much better game. And pretty much, I already explained in short why I preferred TQ over D3.

Let's face it - IMHO, when many game hit the "ceiling" and put out the best entry in a series, the next step is often "downhill from here." A lot of times, when a game is that incredible, it has many things going for it: it does something new; brings back something old and makes it new; and a lot of timing and luck, too.

Ridiculous expectations get placed from everywhere, once a great game is made - from gamers, reviewers, and the press. Good luck w/ living up to that, in a sequel.

Sometimes, key members of a game team leave - which can impact the next game.

Or, games iterations get shoveled-off to another company (see how many felt about Batman: Arkham Origins; or how the last great FEAR was FEAR 1 by Monolith).

Companies either wind-up producing "more of the same" (see all of the COD's after COD4:MW); "streamline the game to try to attract a bigger audience" (Dragon Age 2, Diablo 3); or the scope and grandness of the game gets so huge that it falls and stumbles all over itself (Gothic 3).

ultimate is always 66% off. Summer sale last year ultimate hit 75% off. It hasn't been there since.
also that was wheni brought during gltich on fallout 1 an d 2 and need to finish so brough 3 and vegas for that reason only. itn other site sale for 4.99 already upllay dlgamer getgamesgo and much more

My haul for the day: 

Risk of Rain wishlisted

The Swapper wishlisted

Both of those games really want for me to buy them. Bring on Summer Sale and 75% off!

also that was wheni brought during gltich on fallout 1 an d 2 and need to finish so brough 3 and vegas for that reason only. itn other site sale for 4.99 already upllay dlgamer getgamesgo and much more
yehI kno what u mean bec ause when i WASGOING through fall3 I was like man I needto get this because game is really but neverhi t the price agn

Excuse me for any trade offer mess as the system is borked right now.

For extras, I only have #2 and #4 - and you don't need those. :(
Sent you a #8. You can thank me later.

Cap, I got one of 3 and 5. Shoot, me an 8 for either or and I'll take whatever MysterD can give me in return.
Sent you a #8 as well. Same as above. You just gotta give me something and negate my charity . . .

New Vegas is Steamworks. You HAVE to use Steam.
the_warden_meme_generator_some_men_you_just_can.jpg

So...  At this point I assume that we have all sold our 200 cards for the year.

What is going to happen on January 1?  Will the cap be reset?

Then what?  There must be a mountain of unsold cards out there.  

Market crash?  Especially for Snow Globes that will expire two days later?

I sold three before hitting my limit, back when they were worth more.  I would have sold the rest if I could have.  It probably won't be worth it once the cap is lifted.

I guess it's better to try for the lottery ticket.   H: two extra #4.  W: 1, 2, 3, 5, 9

I never understood the trading aspect of steam cards.  It seems simpler to just sell the duplicate and then buy the card I need.  Or am I missing something?

So... At this point I assume that we have all sold our 200 cards for the year.
I've only sold a handful of cards actually. I've kept probably 95% of the cards I obtained. Lately it's made me a good trading ground for a couple people.

My haul for today: NOTHING

Risk of Rain is still too high for my taste.

I want Mass Effect collection but I own all 3 games on PS3 and 360, no ME3 on Steam, no cards :(

NO DEADLY PREMONITION WTF GABEN?

I finished Brothers.

I didn't cry, but came $&%#? close when
he was in the water, refused to swim, and I finally hit that left trigger.

I'm so glad I bought it. Best game since Red Dead Redemption.

$0 + steam funbux > spending money on uplay
Try this math:

Buying New Vegas for $6.79 in steambux > buying something for $5 in steambux and trading it for a New Vegas code.

Yes, $6.79 is greater than $5. That doesn't make it a better deal though. This thread loves to argue with people who are trying to save others money.

Try this math:

Buying New Vegas for $6.79 in steambux > buying something for $5 in steambux and trading it for a New Vegas code.

Yes, $6.79 is greater than $5. That doesn't make it a better deal though. This thread loves to argue with people who are trying to save others money.
i'm saying spending $6.79 in steambux is better than spending $5 outright, especially if I don't have to mess with trading, and especially if I want to play the game right now.

EDIT: as for the second part ... are you seriously suggesting that I should spend my money how you say and only how you say? I LOVE this thread and I made it clear that I already bought the game. I do not want to spend money on UPlay. I already have funbux. I'm sorry that I am not doing it your way and I already thanked the people who made a separate suggestion.

So let me say it again: thanks, but I already got it. And I'm happy.

Let's face it - IMHO, when many game hit the "ceiling" and put out the best entry in a series, the next step is often "downhill from here."

<stuff>
But why do you consider that acceptable? Why should it be "best in the series" and not "best yet"? I don't see it as at all too much to expect future entries to top what has already be done, that in my opinion is the point of continuing a series. You gave a list of reasons why a game might not live up to past games, but they are simply excuses or circumstantial and shouldn't make it OK for a game to be the lesser of those that went before it. Obviously hype and expectations can become overblown, but in the same way expecting something to be worse right off the bat and just accepting it for that is just a waste.

I don't need to argue with you, we are clearly on different ends of the spectrum here, but it's hard for me to take your opinion seriously when you are so clearly resigned that after you've shot your wad over *insert game* anything to come after is all but certainly going to fall flat, and that that is OK with you.

This to me is just silly and I will never understand thinking that way.

So... At this point I assume that we have all sold our 200 cards for the year.
If you provide Valve with your SSN or proof of non-US citizenship then the limit is lifted. Most of us have already done this.

Was that Black Friday?... why was I thinking October... did Tony announce it in October?... hmm...

<not that it matters>
It was during that GameSpot Black Friday Promo Show. Amazon later had it on it's own for $9.99

Edit: I bought it on 11/9/12 for $7.50 and I think it was the following week that Amazon had it for sale for $9.99

I got a #5 I could trade to Captain Urahara for #8 which then I could trade to you for a #2 MysterD. Msg me on steam if you two haven't traded anything yet.
Sent one of my #8 to MysterD, sent my other available #8 to Inmate who promptly negated my charity by offering a #3 in trade. I tried to decline the offer. I really tried. I kept declining and kept getting errors. Then I gave up and accepted, which went thru on the first try.

Son of a bitch . . .

i'm saying spending $6.79 in steambux is better than spending $5 outright, especially if I don't have to mess with trading, and especially if I want to play the game right now.
Fine.

Posting a better price for an item is beneficial to the thread. This petty squabble isn't. New Vegas is a great game. Enjoy it.

Yeah, that Prototype 2 price is bananas.  It needs an MSRP drop or something.  I bought it during the GameSpot bundle offer but I remember Tony saying/implying then that it sold a bit more heavily than expected and he didn't think the publisher would do that bundle/price again.

Fine.

Posting a better price for an item is beneficial to the thread. This petty squabble isn't. New Vegas is a great game. Enjoy it.
Why are you so sensitive? Sorry but how is responding to someone by saying that I already bought it/don't like that solution a "petty squabble"? Am I doing something to you to suggest I'm angry at you? I think you just need to calm down a little lol. Nobody is squabbling about anything. I don't know of a better way to say "I bought this a different way."

and since I have to say it again I guess THANK YOU and SORRY

These "deals" are making me thirsty!

Watch out, check into the Prototype games, I recall them having terrible performance? I won't comment on the games except that I played maybe 10 hrs of the first one on PS3 and thought it was the best thing ever at first, then grew to hate it. It's been a long time so don't take my opinion with a ton of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back