CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam random generation is bitch.
I'm suspicious that it isn't random, at all, but fairly intentional. I rarely ever get unique card drops. If a game drops four, three are duplicates. This is why I have just said "fuck it" and started selling 99% of my cards.

To me it's not even about the frame rate. The GTA series up to that point was all about fun, and they took a decidedly realistic turn in GTA IV. If I wanted to make a 90 degree turn, I needed to actually *gasp* brake to do it. Is it realistic? Sure. Is it fun? No, not for me at least. I don't want a game where I'm going around committing mass murder to be realistic, which is something that Volition gets and Rockstar lost touch with.
Driving in GTA IV is the least of my fun-sucking complaints about it. (And I completed the main story, and most side missions.)

[quote name="asheskitty" post="11406638" timestamp="1388600277"]Driving in GTA IV is the least of my fun-sucking complaints about it. (And I completed the main story, and most side missions.)[/quote]
Dem 200 pigeons. :(

Does anyone else find it a bit...ironic that You Need a Budget is on sale during the time of year when you least stick to your budget?

I guess it's akin to Pepto Bismol going on sale after Thanksgiving.

I give up on trying to buy steam globe cards through the market. Each listing sells out within seconds...i'll just likely trade to get the last 2 i need! This is very good if you are trying to sell globes though seems most are going for 10-13 cents...umm yay.

They finally came to their senses and realized you don't need an encore day when you repeat things three times already through daily, flash, and votes.

Mannnn I was hoping w/rayman legends being on sale that rayman origins would be 75% off

nope.

can we change your name from mooby to jinxy
I don't think rayman origins has ever hit 75% off , the lowest I have seen is 66% off. Rayman origins is one of the few Ubisoft titles with no UPlay.

Steam random generation is bitch. I traded random duplicates for #3,#10. Can you guess what I got today? Yes, #3 and #10.

Missing #4,#7 if anyone has those and needs either #3 or #10
I have a extra #7, can trade you for #3. Hit me up if you want.

I don't think rayman origins has ever hit 75% off , the lowest I have seen is 66% off. Rayman origins is one of the few Ubisoft titles with no UPlay.
Yeah, I was just thinking that now that it's been out for a while, and this is the first long, major sale (outside of black friday) since legends has been released, that they might reduce it. Guess not.

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Notice: We are currently out of keys for this title. We've requested more from the publisher and will have those soon. Should you purchase this title, your key will be delivered as soon as we receive it.
Even more reason that this game should gets it 3rd-party Securom-crap DRM removed. I wish this game would go full-blown Steamworks.

I have this TDU2 game from Amazon DVG (Non-Steam version) - this is basically my racing Skyrim. This is the racer that offers up so much content & so much to do, I always wind-up back to it.

I'll play it for whatever my fill is; get away from it for a bit; and then wind-up right back to playing it a while later!

Finally got something decent from snowglobes: The War on Smissmas Battle Hood for TF2. It's worth around a buck, but I think I'll hang onto it until the market dries up a bit. 

Looks like only Valdis for me this round. It's almost time to start mopping up the deals that didn't make it to the front page...

Maybe I should Kill Santa too, since he's a white dude on the top of the world who gets to decide who's naughty and who's nice, and rewards his followers with slave labor. And he doesn't include Jews!
Coincidentally, this was playing while I read your post:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRAKXFrYQ4[/youtube]

So is the MTG 2014 Special Edition worth the extra $3.xx dollars over the standard edition?

What are the foil upgrades used for?
Foil upgrades make your cards "foil" in game. That is all. Special edition adds an ebook, but no extra decks or cards (that I saw).

Went back and forth, but I can always play Forge instead. http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge

Done my purchases for this sale. All from card monies:

X-com EW

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass (gifted to my brother, and we have family sharing, so I can play it too)

Xcom Slingshot (passed on the cosmetic-only elite DLC)

Civ 5 Gold Upgrade (got Civ 5 free from the golden joysticks)

.15 cents left in my main steam account, .02 in my kids.

Anyone expect Volgarr or Rogue Legacy getting any cheaper soon?
both came out recently

by the time the summer sale comes, rogue legacy should either be in a bundle by then or 75% off (3.75), which is what i'm waiting for

volgarr i have a feeling will reduce it's price at a slower rate. still, it will only get cheaper

Anyone recommend Hammerfall or Vladis Story? Hammerfall looks decent as a Gauntlet type game and Vladis kind of looks like a 2D Devil May Cry. I likely wont be playing Hammerfall too much co-op though I would try. 

Finished The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav.  Really enjoyed it - would recommend.

Getting ready to start the sequel (Memoria) now.

It was interested to see (during end credits) that the person's name who voiced Nuri is "Nova Kane".  Either her parents have quite the sense of humor or she married her husband just for his last name.

(I refuse to believe it is a fake "real" name).

In the what I got for my snow globes category, between my account and my kids', I sold every card. Got $5.25 by the end, if my estimates on foreign sales are right. Also, I did not get any foils.

So Bioshock Infinite: Season Pass for my snow globe cards. :D/

That Groupees feed the homeless bundle flopped pretty hard.  Still only 40% to their 100k mega-bonus goal.  4 days left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back