CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see i'm not the only one not able to access my inventory on steam,   only good thing i can say is at least i had crafted the few badges i was able to make and use all the cards in my inventory.

If I recall, during the summer sale Steam had a hard time keeping the market running smoothly due to the high volume of use.  And that was with no DDOS attack.  So it made perfect sense for them to eliminate a few hundred thousand items at once since they have a strong track record of supporting high volume on their market and being able to make sure everything was going to run smooth this time around.  

Wow, that takes me back. I haven't used DVD Profiler in years. Didn't even know they were still around.
Yeah, I've used it for I don't know how long. I'm fully ingrained in it, so I figured I'd take advantage of an already established program to make my dull db a little more UI friendly.

Ghostbusters is back on Steam.
Time to change my game collector showcase on Steam. Good thing I got Deadpool.

do you guys have an easy way of keeping track of all your digital games? Between steam, Indieroyale, indiebundle, humblebundle, GOG,Shinyloot, Groupees, ect ect its a pain in the ass remembering what i have bought where. I could have sworn i had skulls somewhere
If a game isn't on Steam does it really exist?

I've basically stopped buying from stores outside Steam if at all possible, but the backloggery is an easy enough way to track them since they have filters not only for platform but different digital stores.
Backloggery is awesome. It can take a while to set up if you have a huge backlog, but it is worth it once you get there.

Uh oh. Need to find another game I have that was taken off Steam to put in my showcase.

do you guys have an easy way of keeping track of all your digital games? Between steam, Indieroyale, indiebundle, humblebundle, GOG,Shinyloot, Groupees, ect ect its a pain in the ass remembering what i have bought where. I could have sworn i had skulls somewhere
Mine are all in my Steam library except for 2 Origin games and 2 Uplay games. Easy to keep track. For a while I kept a collection on vgcollect.com but I stopped.

There are about 300,000 globes currently on the market. That is down from the peak of 750,000 from what I saw about an hour or two ago.

Driftmoon is out, for those who might have already picked it up in a bundle.

What?!@!!$?#!

Lkes.PNG

I can't be out of likes, It's only 1:55 in the afternoon and I can still see the button!~ Oh well, that's what I get for missing a day......

Yeah - but it ain't that easy.

Spreadsheet for Keys & Bundles:

So, for anything w/ keys or from bundles - those go in a Spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet, I will list game name, DRM used (if any), the actual game-keys (if it has one), where I bought them/got them, etc etc.

Any archived stuff:

Actual copies of game-folders, game installers, files, patches, mods, extra goodies, soundtracks to games, etc - all of those back-ups go basically on another hard-drive for me.

Any games I install:

I try to put them where I want them. Otherwise, God knows where the game-companies, dev's, and pubs put things - used to be a pain in the neck to find things, if you put them in their default-selected folder. I buy too many games - couldn't keep up w/ where I put things. So, I don't do that anymore - had to get OCD and come up w/ some kind of system. I often DO NOT put games in default folder, unless necessary. Some old games are picky, and I do have to put them where they want them or they won't run - i.e. see Wizardry 8, as it likes C:\Wiz8. If I don't like where a game is forced - I'll often shortcut that entire folder in a location I would've put the damn thing, if I had my choice in the 1st place.

Just about everything goes in a Program Files (X86)\Games [for all you Windows 7 64-bit fans] - except Steam games. I am lazy and use Steam a lot - so all Steam games go in the default folder. Everything from there is in a sub-folder, often sorted by if it uses a required service (Origin, Capsule, etc) - that always take precedent. If it isn't requiring a service (i.e. say it's DRM-FREE), then secondary be what game-service I bought a game from.

This isn't exactly 100% how I have it set-up (since I do have things on multiple HDD's nowadays), but it'll give you an idea of how I do things:

Examples:

EA Origin required games -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\EA Origin Games

Steam-versions of games and/or Steam-required games -> I'm lazy, since I use this the most. Games go in default folder.

UPlay required games -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\UPlay Games

Capsule-versions of games -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\GMG Capsule Games

GOG Games -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\GOG Games

Gamersgate games -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\Gamersgate Games

Humble Bundle Games (namely for their DRM-FREE versions and/or Non-Steam versions) -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\HB Games

Retail games (Non-Steam/Non-UPlay/Non-Origin) -> C:\Program files (x86)\Games\Retail Games

When I fill-up drives and put more games to go across multiple HDD's, I keep the same set-up and format even across multiple drives. I just change the damn letter-drive.

Also, I often add most Non-Steam games (through Steam) as Non-Steam games, since I live on Steam - I like taking screenies; and most PC gamers and my friends use Steam + live on it, anyways.

My game collection is listed at VGCollect. I kinda have to since I'm an admin there. :p 99% of my digital games are listed there, and anything that isn't Steam is listed with a Desura / Origin / Uplay / whatever tag.

I routinely make backup downloads of all my games. As for what games I have, I just keep that in my head and hope it goes well.

I'm REALLY HAPPY that Ghostbusters is back. It's too bad the PC port is pretty unoptimized and will likely never get fixed up, but I love the game despite my dislike of the developers. The game being gone made no sense since it was still being sold at various online storefronts like Amazon.

What's great about vgcollect is if they don't have a game on their site  you can add it yourself and it immediately becomes available to add to your collection. I used to use Playfire and if you wanted to add a game you'd have to wait 6+ months for it to get approved. I once submitted a game and then 10 months later got an approval email that they'd added it. Shitty site.

Now what do I put into my Game Collector Showcase now that Ghostbusters and Everyday Genius are back.  Time to dig through my list of way too many games.

fuck $35 + and they're selling

Edit $92+
Only a few styles left... $172 for some.

They're not selling, they're just vanishing from the market. They're just deleting them from the cheapest to the more expensive.

Bye bye, globes.
Oh, I actually hope that's the case. It would suck if Valve left the market open longer than it said it would.

Now what do I put into my Game Collector Showcase now that Ghostbusters and Everyday Genius are back. Time to dig through my list of way too many games.
Heh, I have a delisted games showcase too. Currently: Stubbs the Zombie, Riddick, Prey, and Indigo Prophecy.

But Riddick might be on the way back following Ghostbusters. Hopefully they patch out that shitty Tages or whatever DRM it has, which I think is why it was delisted in the first place (although it worked fine for me when I played it a couple months ago.)

Heh, I have a delisted games showcase too. Currently: Stubbs the Zombie, Riddick, Prey, and Indigo Prophecy.

But Riddick might be on the way back following Ghostbusters. Hopefully they patch out that shitty Tages or whatever DRM it has, which I think is why it was delisted in the first place (although it worked fine for me when I played it a couple months ago.)
I went with: A Farewell to Dragons, Deadpool, Raven Squad, Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back