CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a McDonalds in Oregon. ;)
Why not Subway? Healthier choice of food and eat fresh! :D/

So, why the hell did they wait until after the Steam Winter Sale to DDOS it?! Would it not have been more in line with their goal of causing mayhem to hit them while the sale was underway, costing them untold amounts of revenue? Wouldn't the already heavy traffic Steam was experiencing had not made their efforts that much easier? Am I missing something here?
Hackers need a break too during Christmas and New Year.

I have Faith.

I won't look close enough to drive myself over the Edge.
Whenever you think about a game with 3rd party DRM, listen to this.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8UkKTlzyLhQ[/youtube]

Don't think this is new, but in case anyone is having deal withdrawal:

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Siege-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00ELJRITC/
If you like ARPG's you should definitely pick this up for $3. I can understand how fans of the first 2 could be unhappy because it's a very different style (FWIW, I loved 1 when it came out, and picked up 2 a few years ago and can't really get into it). However, if you like running around, button mashing and grabbing loot, you would probably enjoy this.

Edited to add:

I do play with a 360 controller on my computer, it may be a different experience with KB + Mouse.

Why not Subway? Healthier choice of food and eat fresh! :D/
I have an aversion to sandwiches, childhood trauma. I'll never eat at a sandwich shop without being dragged along by others... and then it's always a hot sandwich.

I also strongly prefer non-institutional food.. roach-coach over franchise anyday.

Man, if you're able to get Bioshock for $5 from amazon then I'm not sure I made a good move with nuuvem. I guess it's still a good price, under $7 is pretty good and I get to save the $5 credit for a different game.

I have an aversion to sandwiches, childhood trauma. I'll never eat at a sandwich shop without being dragged along by others... and then it's always a hot sandwich.

I also strongly prefer non-institutional food.. roach-coach over franchise anyday.
…Well? I'd love if you elaborated a bit :)

Man, if you're able to get Bioshock for $5 from amazon then I'm not sure I made a good move with nuuvem. I guess it's still a good price, under $7 is pretty good and I get to save the $5 credit for a different game.
I really hope Amazon lets us get it for $5. It'll give me a reason to hope for the season pass glitch next steam sale!

So um. Bioshock Infinite is showing up in the Amazon Editor's Choice list at $9.99 right now. So that would make it $4.99 after coupon if the discount sticks.

All of a sudden I'm not angry at not getting the Nuuvem deal. Too bad about Castlevania though. I would've liked that. >_>
…Well? I'd love if you elaborated a bit :)

I really hope Amazon lets us get it for $5. It'll give me a reason to hope for the season pass glitch next steam sale!
You all may want to stay up and wait for the EC credits to kick in. There were a few items last year that we knew where switching to higher prices, but due to the credits kicking in prior to the price flips, cheapness could be had.

Edit: But don't blame me if you lose sleep for nothing.

What Jared didn't tell you was that he got fat on Subway, too.
Honestly the Subway diet only works if you eat the sandwiches without the condiments as they are high in calories, might as well eat at home since the sandwiches will taste just as plain as a bowl of healthy oatmeal.

Sorry to remind you of your bad memories, I was trying to highlight that Subway is the lesser of the two evils. I don't eat a lot of fast food myself, I would very much prefer home cooked meals.

Why is this Samual Adams Cherry Wheat & Blackberry Witbier so damn tasty? Also I believe cooking your own food is a skill every bastard on this planet should have.

Just made some homemade chicken cutlets and bacon greenbeans for dinner tonight. I havn't been to restaurant / diner that has made them better.

Scribblenauts Unmasked is tempting, I am still hoping that the game can make it to the EC list and hit the $5 mark.
Mortal Kombat as well; I would much rather pay with trade-in moneys than actual cash. Hell, if I'm lucky it will be 7.50 at some point, before coupon, of course.

You know, there's actually nothing in Delaware, right?

Nothing.
I'm actually from Delaware originally. It's a real place that exists. I swear. It has tax free shopping and, uh, other stuff.

Yeah, except they're not dodging tax. They wouldn't have to pay it anyway because they're not living in the state that's charging it.
Except if they use a fake address in a state that has tax then they pay the real tax in that state. I've seen a bunch of dumb Euro redditors brag about using McDonald's addresses in California or 90210 zip codes etc.. I'm sure the state of California loves them. They get sales tax from them and don't have to ever deal with them.

Man I really want Civ V BNW for $5, Wait. Wait. Wait.
I'm waiting for $5 BNW (after coupon), Scribblenauts, and Mortal Kombat (both before coupon.)

Except if they use a fake address in a state that has tax then they pay the real tax in that state.
In which case they're not tax-dodging either since they're paying it. ;)

I've seen a bunch of dumb Euro redditors brag about using McDonald's addresses in California or 90210 zip codes etc.. I'm sure the state of California loves them. They get sales tax from them and don't have to ever deal with them.
As far as I am aware, California doesn't charge tax on purely digital goods.

Honestly the Subway diet only works if you eat the sandwiches without the condiments as they are high in calories, might as well eat at home since the sandwiches will taste just as plain as a bowl of healthy oatmeal.

Sorry to remind you of your bad memories, I was trying to highlight that Subway is the lesser of the two evils. I don't eat a lot of fast food myself, I would very much prefer home cooked meals.
Jalapenos and red wine vinegar (no oil) and you're all set for flavor. Or as much as you get without any unhealthy condiments anyway.

I'm just putting it out there that a year or so ago I decided to get serious about my health, lost 60lbs or so, and oatmeal is now my favorite food.

Take from that what you will.

So, w/the terrabyte hard drive I got for christmas, I have enough room to install all my games now, so I've been installing all of them the past couple days...just went to install Max Payne 3, it's like 30 gigs...wtf

So, w/the terrabyte hard drive I got for christmas, I have enough room to install all my games now, so I've been installing all of them the past couple days...just went to install Max Payne 3, it's like 30 gigs...wtf
I filled my 2TB in exactly one year. And that was Steam only. I now have non-Steam on a 2TB and Steam on a 4TB...for now.

I filled my 2TB in exactly one year. And that was Steam only. I now have non-Steam on a 2TB and Steam on a 4TB...for now.
I had a 1TB and just added another. I've been buying games for my PC for about six months now, and have about 670 gigs to spare. So I don't think I'll fill mine quite as fast as you did...but it's getting there.

I'm just putting it out there that a year or so ago I decided to get serious about my health, lost 60lbs or so, and oatmeal is now my favorite food.

Take from that what you will.
I recommended oatmeal to my friends who wanted to lose weight as well because it is a slow digesting carbs, packs with proteins and curb hunger. For vegans, I would suggest quinoa because it is the only plant food which contains complete protein that are derived from meat.

Max Payne 3 is fancy.

I blew through a 2TB drive just since the Summer Sale, and most of that was from installing games simply for card idling purposes. That Total War series chews up the bits.

Max Payne 3 is fancy.

I blew through a 2TB drive just since the Summer Sale, and most of that was from installing games simply for card idling purposes. That Total War series chews up the bits.
I guess good thing I've never really had an interest in the total war series.

MP3 is crazy though...outside of Rage, I don't think I've ever installed a non-mmo that was more than 15 gigs or so. And Rage is only as high as it is (I think it was 17 and change) because it comes with mod tools....which I wish it wouldn't, or that it was an optional install. Then MP3 comes along and is all like "oh hai...wuzzdat? oh ya i'm a 30 gig fps lolololololol"

One terabyte drives... you guys are cute.
photo-142018.jpg

I got a 3TB drive about this time last year to install all my games. After a month of downloading, I had done so and had around 400GB (+200GB docs partition) free. Now I have less than 100GB free and a hundred or so games that aren't installed. :whistle2:(

I don't want to be controversial.

But condiments are disgusting.

Except for ketchup on fried/breaded fish. I can deal with that.

Everything else. fuck condiments.

And if you eat ranch dressing you might as well be licking an anus. 

Maybe the last couple sentences did actually want to be controversial.

But I do actually mean it.

I got a 3TB drive about this time last year to install all my games. After a month of downloading, I had done so and had around 400GB (+200GB docs partition) free. Now I have less than 100GB free and a hundred or so games that aren't installed. :whistle2:(
Now that I have the luxury of having all my games installed, I won't be able to go back. I'll have to increase storage capacity whenever I get close to reaching my limit.

You're weird

or highly disturbed

probably both, though

I like salsa on almost everything, so who's butt is that akin to eating out of?

I guess good thing I've never really had an interest in the total war series.

MP3 is crazy though...outside of Rage, I don't think I've ever installed a non-mmo that was more than 15 gigs or so. And Rage is only as high as it is (I think it was 17 and change) because it comes with mod tools....which I wish it wouldn't, or that it was an optional install. Then MP3 comes along and is all like "oh hai...wuzzdat? oh ya i'm a 30 gig fps lolololololol"
Was quite shocked at the d/l size of MP3. Looks great though, some people dislike the "busy" effects, but I was blown away by it. It's a hell of a ride.

Also: I exclusively eat at Arby's. Suck it, food nerds.

Was quite shocked at the d/l size of MP3. Looks great though, some people dislike the "busy" effects, but I was blown away by it. It's a hell of a ride.

Also: I exclusively eat at Arby's. Suck it, food nerds.
arby's is the blandest tasting fast food restaurant there is

their reuben sandwich is good, though

So apparently the devs behind Saints Row IV are serious when they say that the Saints Row IV - Child´s Play Pack is only available for a limited time. It's only gonna be in the store until Jan 13, then it will be gone forever. Source

It's only a couple of costumes and a goofy car, but I'm a sucker for limited time deals. I don't even own the base game, but I just bought a gift copy. There's about 5 minutes left as I post this to grab one for yourself at the 60% discount.
it'll be in a groupees bundle. ;)

Wat.

TyrdHCu.png
I call shenanigans.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Homer_drool.jpg

What Jared didn't tell you was that he got fat on Subway, too.
jared got aid(e)s

jared_480_poster.jpg

ninja'ed by darby

also, thinking about using my real pic as avatar

what do ya'll think?

southpark.jpg

Not wanting any flavor in your life is probably the polar opposite of controversial. I eat like Jesus, bread and water. Someone tried to put some lemon juice and sugar in my water once and they were swiftly reprimanded. Another person tried to put something called dressing on my salad and received lashing for it. Why would I want to taint the natural, robust taste of lettuce?

I had a 1TB and just added another. I've been buying games for my PC for about six months now, and have about 670 gigs to spare. So I don't think I'll fill mine quite as fast as you did...but it's getting there.
Take a bunch of cheap 7200 RPM drives and RAID them together (stripping) using Disk Management Service in Windows. The performance increase is outstanding. You know when Steam goes to install a game and it seemingly takes forever, and you watch those 3 little dots roll from left to right? I RAID'd a few older 1TB, 2TB drives together to make my game drive, and they install instantly. The speed is comparable to an SSD (the more drives you add the better....to a point). Also, as an added bonus, by using Windows to RAID the drives instead of dedicated hardware, you aren't locked into having to replace the hardware with the exact same controller card if there is an issue (which is necessary in hardware RAID's) and not being able to read that drive in another system because the controller card is different. That in addition to there being minimum overhead associated with the CPU handling the stripping of data between the drives.

You can also easily backup your game drive to a bulk, even cheaper solution so you don't have to reinstall any games, and have an automatic backup of your save files (need to use some game save manager to pull from the windows directories automatically) to something like a 5400 RPM 4 TB. With an SSD, you will always be constantly transferring data back and forth, but remember that will be to and from 2 drives, with one of them being an actual HDD (slow). In my mind, the RAID'ing of cheaper 1TB and 2TB drives together has advantages over this whole SSD craze (cost per Gigabyte, convenience). That's until the tech catches up when you can get a 4TB SSD for less than $150. Also realize that when you download a file, it has to uncompress and install expanded (you might download a 10 GB install file that uncompresses to 16 GB), which relies heavily on the speed of the drive far more than the speed of the processor. It's a good option to look into, especially when it comes time to expand. When you run out of space on that 2TB drive, you'll be faced with having separate drives and what to put on them. Or, if you want to upgrade the drive itself, your faced with transferring all that data at once.

Not wanting any flavor in your life is probably the polar opposite of controversial. I eat like Jesus, bread and water. Someone tried to put some lemon juice and sugar in my water once and they were swiftly reprimanded. Another person tried to put something called dressing on my salad and received lashing for it. Why would I want to taint the natural, robust taste of lettuce?
You also like celery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back