CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
More info about the Paper Monsters version that got released on Steam today:

This is the version that Strategy First released about 2 years ago on the PC, which was never intended for Steam. We told them we did not want to release the Steam version under them, as it was already on Greenlight before we even started talking to them. Steam has been notified, hopefully this will be taken down soon. Sorry for the confusion guys.
Oh, and the new version was intended to be released in a few months (when it's finished).

More info about the Paper Monsters version that got released on Steam today:

Oh, and the new version was intended to be released in a few months (when it's finished).
Watch some people go buy the crappier version of it now because ZOMGITWILLBEREMOVED even though a better more complete version of it is coming out soon.

Id buy the card last....the prices will just keep going down on those

Random question - does anyone who bought the Quickfire Bundlestar Bundle have an extra Warframe promo code they haven't used/or won't use??

I bought the bundle for myself and applied the code back then, but today my GF and I started to play & she is sad she didn't get the bundle back when I told her about it.

Edit to Add:  Thanks to everyone who PM'ed me last night/this morning.  I'm all set now and the girlfriend is happy. The generosity of CAGs is a wonderful thing.  Thanks again.

Alright fellow CAG's. Slowly working on building a new PC. Still a ways off from getting everything but saw this deal on a video card that is on sale today on Amazon. Any opinions on this card?

It is a 2 GB Sapphire Radeon R7 260X

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11222-06-20G/dp/B00HJOKCZI/ref=br_lf_m_565132_1_5_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&pf_rd_p=1720671762&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=565132&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NC8XJ7W0MK233J3C5WZ
Just get whatever card has the best free games that come with it

Alright fellow CAG's. Slowly working on building a new PC. Still a ways off from getting everything but saw this deal on a video card that is on sale today on Amazon. Any opinions on this card?

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11222-06-20G/dp/B00HJOKCZI/ref=br_lf_m_565132_1_5_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&pf_rd_p=1720671762&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=565132&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NC8XJ7W0MK233J3C5WZ
It's obviously not the highest end video card but for price performance ratio Passmark is rating it near the highest and that's before taking that $120 sale price into account

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+R7+260X&id=2701

Random question - does anyone who bought the Quickfire Bundlestar Bundle have an extra Warframe promo code they haven't used/or won't use??

I bought the bundle for myself and applied the code back then, but today my GF and I started to play & she is sad she didn't get the bundle back when I told her about it.
Is there a way to check if you redeemed that code or not, preferably a way that doesn't involved downloading the game and playing it? I honestly can't remember if I did or not. :oops:

Is there a way to check if you redeemed that code or not, preferably a way that doesn't involved downloading the game and playing it? I honestly can't remember if I did or not. :oops:
You would have had to make an account on Warframe.com & put it in the promo box. It wasn't a steam key. :)

You have a GF who likes to play Warframe?

She's a keeper ;)

Just get whatever card has the best free games that come with it
I'm assuming this is sarcasm. If not, please don't listen to this advice. Buy the best single GPU you can afford. You can always add another down the road (and usually for less than you paid for the first one). That being said, its not a horrible card, but don't make my mistake and buy your card first because that's the exciting part. Buy it last. Prices change, wait for a sale and get the best you can afford.

You have a GF who likes to play Warframe?

She's a keeper ;)
Yeah - we actually met way back during the Anarchy Online beta. She's pretty great. lol

Edit: Argh - just got a call - I have to run out for a couple hours (in a snowstorm). If anyone has a code left please PM me with what you'd like for it. I appreciate it.

You would have had to make an account on Warframe.com & put it in the promo box. It wasn't a steam key. :)
That's the thing I have an account since I had gotten a beta key for it that I never really ended up messing around with beyond creating the account. I just can't remember if I activated that bundlestars key to the account just in case I ever decided to play it one day. I'm pretty OCD about activating everything immediately that's not a duplicate. I'm sort of the Anti-Severose. :p

Anyhow I kind of think I did activate it but I'll send it to you just in case if you want to try it. Don't get your hopes up though.

That's the thing I have an account since I had gotten a beta key for it that I never really ended up messing around with beyond creating the account. I just can't remember if I activated that bundlestars key to the account just in case I ever decided to play it one day. I'm pretty OCD about activating everything immediately that's not a duplicate. I'm sort of the Anti-Severose. :p

Anyhow I kind of think I did activate it but I'll send it to you just in case if you want to try it. Don't get your hopes up though.
Cool! That'd be great. I'm the same way about codes - so I know what you mean. I just wish she'd just buy the bundles when I did lol.

Unlike Motorock which was just made by krokodil addicted Russians...so I knew I was safe getting that.
How long DID it take that one to get pulled? I was watching it for a little while and then forgot about the game.

Never with the inclination to purchase it, just curious how long it would last.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.
Welcome to the Steam thread!

If I ever develop a game and release it on Steam, I'm going to do this.. so Drabe will buy a copy at full price.
Isn't this basically what Activision did with Deadpool?

Watch some people go buy the crappier version of it now because ZOMGITWILLBEREMOVED even though a better more complete version of it is coming out soon.
Eh, more likely the one they "meant to release" in a few months turns out to be essentially the same two-year-old game but with cardz.

Alright guys any suggestions for the $120-$180 range as far as cards go?

I'm about a month away from being able to pull everything together.

Eh, more likely the one they "meant to release" in a few months turns out to be essentially the same two-year-old game but with cardz.
Heh, fair enough. I too kind of doubt it will be the supercalafragalisticallyamazing update that Crescent Moon was making it out to be on their Greenlight page.

Either way, I'm in no hurry, particularly since I paid near full price for Ravensword (I know, I know :p) and it was more or less a straight port that needs some patching and fixing of the wonky (for me) partial controller support. They just sort of released and then abandoned it with no further patches after a bunch of nerdragers over mobile ports virtually ran them out of town on a rail.

Heh, fair enough. I too kind of doubt it will be the supercalafragalisticallyamazing update that Crescent Moon was making it out to be on their Greenlight page.

Either way, I'm in no hurry, particularly since I paid near full price for Ravensword (I know, I know :p) and it was more or less a straight port that needs some patching and fixing of the wonky (for me) partial controller support. They just sort of released and then abandoned it with no further patches after a bunch of nerdragers over mobile ports virtually ran them out of town on a rail.
Hm. That's a shame. I'm actually looking forward to messing around with Ravensword, at some pointTM. It looks like one of the better phone port RPGs out there.

Deadpool lasted six months. Either Activision didn't think Marvel / Disney would refuse to renew the contract, or it didn't care if it did.

Thing is I remember Activision giving fair warning about the game being delisted, but I can't find the page...

Edit: AHA! They DID give fair warning! But nobody really paid attention to this!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-amazing-spider-man-game/save-big-on-your-favorite-marvel-games-from-activision-before-the-ball-drops/435954626504237

I've been searching for a new video card for a few months now, approximately since Black Friday, and it seems a lot of the AMD cards are selling at a premium because of their popularity in mining crypto-currency and the upcoming performance boost from Mantle. Haven't seen many mid to high tier AMD cards even in stock on Amazon since the holidays, but Newegg will usually have a sale on one or two models each week.

At $120-180, you may have better luck waiting for an Nvidia deal (price after rebate) on a GTX 650ti Boost / vanilla 660 / 660 OC. For AMD, the R7 260x that you mentioned is at a good price for a good mid-range card. If you look at the next tier, the R9 270 or R9 270x, the prices jump to the $200-$250 range.

Deadpool lasted six months. Either Activision didn't think Marvel / Disney would refuse to renew the contract, or it didn't care if it did.

Thing is I remember Activision giving fair warning about the game being delisted, but I can't find the page...

Edit: AHA! They DID give fair warning! But nobody really paid attention to this!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-amazing-spider-man-game/save-big-on-your-favorite-marvel-games-from-activision-before-the-ball-drops/435954626504237
That was nice of them... if only they'd done the same with the PC version. Apparently The Amazing Spiderman was not affected by that deal as it remains in my wishlist at full price... year after year. If they'd like to sell it to someone, it might be a good idea to give it a decent markdown now and then.

That was nice of them... if only they'd done the same with the PC version. Apparently The Amazing Spiderman was not affected by that deal as it remains in my wishlist at full price... year after year. If they'd like to sell it to someone, it might be a good idea to give it a decent markdown now and then.
There were a few notifications elsewhere, but most people didn't see them, so when the major gaming sites posted, "OMG! Marvel titles are disappearing from Steam" stories a few days after they were pulled, it was too late and the mad key markup frenzy began. Just for the hell of it, I did an eBay search: there are two Steam keys for sale, one at $39.99 and another from an international seller at the equivalent of US $47.

And that's if you believe the party line. A proper conspiracy theorist would say Activision did it on purpose to start this feeding frenzy for Marvel digital downloads and is waiting for just the right moment to renew its distribution contract and make these titles available again (at full price!). But I'm not one of those guys. . . <adjusts tin-foil hat, slips quietly into the shadows>

And that's if you believe the party line. A proper conspiracy theorist would say Activision did it on purpose to start this feeding frenzy for Marvel digital downloads and is waiting for just the right moment to renew its distribution contract and make these titles available again (at full price!). But I'm not one of those guys. . . <adjusts tin-foil hat, slips quietly into the shadows>
A month later? After all those resellers got their price gouging on? Naw, they didn't renew and won't renew... Maybe after whoever got the license now is done with it (usually multiyear deals) Activision might want it again, and then could release them again... but the market for them would be soooo minor... Its just not worth it.

That deal likely has an extra layer (with Sony) as its "based" upon a movie.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="11498066" timestamp="1391471107"]

I tried a bit of that last year but re-affirmed that I like to play what I want when I want. Also I just finished a bunch of shorter games. I think I may play Bioshock Inf next because steam "friends" keep posting certain and probable spoiler pics unspoilered. I was planning on playing BS1 first, but meh.

[/quote]

[Opinion]
You should play BioShock 1 before BioShock Infinite.
[/Opinion]

[quote name="INMATEofARKHAM" post="11498753" timestamp="1391487010"]Is idling for cards okay or should I see if I can sale my soul since I'm doomed to hell now anyways? :D[/quote]

My opinion is worth exactly nothing. It just feels good to see my fake internet identity next to some words I threw up on a forum. (Or above and to the left when viewing on my phone)

[July 2014 Hipster]

Well, I guess you can buy it, now that it's sold out and gone commercial. I played it before it was good, and it was better then.

[/July 2014 Hipster]

Id buy the card last....the prices will just keep going down on those
That's the way it ought to be, but the bitcoin bubble is seriously screwing with the market right now. Here's a buyer's guide from Anandtech talking about it; the AMD cards that should be dominating the price/performance range are selling far above MSRP, which makes the Nvidia cards better at the top end.

If you can find a good price on an AMD HD 7850, it tends to outperform the R7 260X. The HD 7850 was available in that range six months ago, but supplies are drying up now that AMD has moved to the R7/R9 series.

Personally, I've decided to soldier on with my GTX 560Ti until the market comes back to earth. The sub-$200 cards don't offer enough additional performance to be worthwhile, and there is absolutely no downward pressure on the higher-priced models. My inner cheapass just can't find a sweet spot right now.

This is where I usually go to check for info on the latest cards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-3.html

It was used, but thanks for letting me try Motoki. It's appreciated. I received a PM from another generous CAG while I was out with an unused code.

Ahhhh but a good boyfriend would have known to buy her a bundle too, just in case she ever wanted anything from it. =P
I bought her a bunch of bundles in the past - until she told me to stop because she had "too many games" and couldn't find what she was looking for anymore - lol. Now I basically have to convince her "why" she wants a bundle.

But she doesn't listen...

Eh, I'm sure she thinks the same of me sometimes :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-3.html

I've been searching for a new video card for a few months now, approximately since Black Friday, and it seems a lot of the AMD cards are selling at a premium because of their popularity in mining crypto-currency and the upcoming performance boost from Mantle. Haven't seen many mid to high tier AMD cards even in stock on Amazon since the holidays, but Newegg will usually have a sale on one or two models each week.

At $120-180, you may have better luck waiting for an Nvidia deal (price after rebate) on a GTX 650ti Boost / vanilla 660 / 660 OC. For AMD, the R7 260x that you mentioned is at a good price for a good mid-range card. If you look at the next tier, the R9 270 or R9 270x, the prices jump to the $200-$250 range.
Only the new higher end cards... damn cryptocurrencies.

[July 2014 Hipster]

Well, I guess you can buy it, now that it's sold out and gone commercial. I played it before it was good, and it was better then.

[/July 2014 Hipster]

That's the way it ought to be, but the bitcoin bubble is seriously screwing with the market right now. Here's a buyer's guide from Anandtech talking about it; the AMD cards that should be dominating the price/performance range are selling far above MSRP, which makes the Nvidia cards better at the top end.

If you can find a good price on an AMD HD 7850, it tends to outperform the R7 260X. The HD 7850 was available in that range six months ago, but supplies are drying up now that AMD has moved to the R7/R9 series.

Personally, I've decided to soldier on with my GTX 560Ti until the market comes back to earth. The sub-$200 cards don't offer enough additional performance to be worthwhile, and there is absolutely no downward pressure on the higher-priced models. My inner cheapass just can't find a sweet spot right now.
/agree

Work work looting baby, work it make those shift codes crazy

K3CBJ-353T9-H6CKT-J3J3J-WZSH3
WJ5BJ-9WTFX-CBZT3-TBBT3-HHC5S
KBCTJ-F5TFX-5TSBJ-JBJBT-ZBS3H

What could be more exciting than a sequel to the best simulator?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7_QLKff7g40[/youtube]
That may be the greatest thing ever, and if the final release has screams, it will be hazardous to my health.

re: 4 in Feb, meh, I did 5 in January and that's when I actually have the most free time. It'll have to do.

Work work looting baby, work it make those shift codes crazy

K3CBJ-353T9-H6CKT-J3J3J-WZSH3
WJ5BJ-9WTFX-CBZT3-TBBT3-HHC5S
KBCTJ-F5TFX-5TSBJ-JBJBT-ZBS3H
I got all three to redeem... but on the shift reward page only two showed up with today's date... Sort of weird. (anyhow, looks like its was atleast 7 codes so no real complaints here. :D )

re: 4 in Feb, meh, I did 5 in January and that's when I actually have the most free time. It'll have to do.
I seem to be stuck idling cards (and redeeming shift codes) so I doubt I'll make it to 2 let alone 5 in February.

I'm building a new desktop but I can't decide which graphics card I'll put in it.
Should I pick the Sapphire R9 290, the MSI GTX770 Gaming or something else?

I'm building a new desktop but I can't decide which graphics card I'll put in it.

I just picked up a evga gtx 770 sc with acx
Cooling for 289. It was b stock but comes with 1 year warranty.

Re: Goat Simulator

I feel like there needs to be a Japanese version of it where you date the goat.

I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for something to come along around the $200 ish price tag I paid for my 560ti when it came out 3 years ago but it just wasn't happening. The amount of extra performance still isn't worth plunking down another $200 and the 560ti is still a fairly solid card.

So I did something very unCAGlike. When the price dropped to $500 on the 780 I bought it. But hey, I got 3 free games (even though 2 were UPlay waaat waaat waaat waaaaahhhhhh) and $100 off of a Shield. :p

fukcing hate it when my fucking friend stole my weapon from dead island and fucking say it was his what stealer i fucking got mad and rage and delete one off my save what jackass and then my nice friendd told me he help me. stupid acholhol i want to hit someone with that  and i block him that stole my fucking weapon 

If you can afford the 290 it's easily the superior card. I'd prefer 780 over it but I'm assuming you'd pay another $50-100 for that... depending on if the coin mining craze has died down. So... you might go 770. I thought about splurging on a 780 but figured the 800 series is going to be a bigger tech advance so I should wait until then. I got the 770 for only about $40 more than I'd have to pay for a 760.

[quote name="icedragon15" post="11499447" timestamp="1391525695"]fukcing hate it when my fucking friend stole my weapon from dead island and fucking say it was his what stealer i fucking got mad and rage and delete one off my save what jackass and then my nice friendd told me he help me. stupid acholhol i want to hit someone with that and i block him that stole my fucking weapon [/quote]
There is no need to be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back