CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait we supposed to follow Alienware? They said to follow AMD so all this time I am looking and looking and getting all this useless AMD spam. Ugh.
You were supposed to follow one of the AMD accounts. Since it's not the one linked on the site, you'd probably only know which one if you'd followed the Alienware account.

Can I ask, why does the title of this thread have "spoder'd" instead of some of the current deals? Wasn't thread titling one of the reasons that we broke away from EastX as the thread creator?

I mean, I always check steam myself, so it doesn't affect me too much. But wasn't the idea that we wanted to make this thread a bit more meaningful to the casual steam buyer by pointing out current deals in the thread title? We've had former regs pop in here recently and they had no idea what spoder'd meant because they hadn't been here in a few weeks. If it doesn't mean anything to former regs, can you imagine how meaningless it is to the average non-steam obsessed CAG?

Kingdoms of Amalur went on sale recently for only the second time in 2 years, and we had spoder'd in the thread title.

EDIT: Outside of the criticism of the thread title, this is not intended as an attack on Detruire. He has done a fantastic job with this thread. A hell of a lot better than I would have.
I second this, 'lostnumber'd' would be much more appropriate =P

I'm more surprised you didn't own at least some of them by now.
They've never been interesting games to me. I played about 20 mins of Stacking and Costume Quest via Playstation Plus, they seemed good but not something I'd feel like paying for. I tried a Psychonauts demo on PC and didn't like it. But they had me at CARDS.

I know a lot of CAGs have it already, but didnt see it mentioned yet.

Borderlands 2 is free to play for the weekend (also %50 off).  Good for those who want try it out, and maybe join the CAG group if they get it in the future.

I have 4 Dead Island Epidemic Beta gifts to give out to the first 4 people to PM who actually want to play the beta. It's a MOBA according to the site and I've only played it for one session and just did the tutorial, but it was pretty cool from what I played. Nothing like the regular DI series though except for it being about zombies.
Still have three left.

Can I ask, why does the title of this thread have "spoder'd" instead of some of the current deals? Wasn't thread titling one of the reasons that we broke away from EastX as the thread creator?

I mean, I always check steam myself, so it doesn't affect me too much. But wasn't the idea that we wanted to make this thread a bit more meaningful to the casual steam buyer by pointing out current deals in the thread title? We've had former regs pop in here recently and they had no idea what spoder'd meant because they hadn't been here in a few weeks. If it doesn't mean anything to former regs, can you imagine how meaningless it is to the average non-steam obsessed CAG?

Kingdoms of Amalur went on sale recently for only the second time in 2 years, and we had spoder'd in the thread title.

EDIT: Outside of the criticism of the thread title, this is not intended as an attack on Detruire. He has done a fantastic job with this thread. A hell of a lot better than I would have.
Cosign.

I have 4 Dead Island Epidemic Beta gifts to give out to the first 4 people to PM who actually want to play the beta. It's a MOBA according to the site and I've only played it for one session and just did the tutorial, but it was pretty cool from what I played. Nothing like the regular DI series though except for it being about zombies.
Thanks. I will play sometime later when it finishes downloading.

I thought we were mainly breaking tradition by having the OP be an active regular in the thread.

Double Dragon Neon is out now on Steam

Figure I mention for anyone interested, since I for one had no idea it was even coming to Steam.

Figure I mention for anyone interested, since I for one had no idea it was even coming to Steam.
The early user reviews look pretty good, and the price is right. I love that the side scrolling brawler is having a bit of a comeback.

The early user reviews look pretty good, and the price is right. I love that the side scrolling brawler is having a bit of a comeback.
I played it on the PS3 and cannot express how much I enjoyed it. I'm a big Double Dragon Fan, due to it being etched into a big part of my childhood. Yes it's mostly humor and doesn't take itself seriously, but the comedy is very well done, the combat is good, and the nostalgia factor is off the charts. The best way to describe it is think of it as a fan love song to the original. Different but definately worth it. So happy it's on Steam now.

Ladies and Gents, still have 1 left for anyone who wants to experience a a Massively Online Boisterous Action zombie game.

A bit of a contrarian opinion, I suppose: I wanted to like DD Neon, and indeed the first stage hit me with nostalgia and sweet 80's tropes and music. However, as the game went on, I realized I wasn't having much fun and the gameplay became repetitive quicker than other side scrolling beat em ups like Scott Pilgrim. The visuals aren't bad but the animation seemed really choppy to me. This was all on PSN though so maybe it plays better on Steam.

Does anyone know what Steam is changing tomorrow? The developer of Cook, Serve, Delicious said the following:

something pretty nifty will be launching Friday morning. Nothing amazing, and it only affects the store page, but it's a nice addition for some devs.

A bit of a contrarian opinion, I suppose: I wanted to like DD Neon, and indeed the first stage hit me with nostalgia and sweet 80's tropes and music. However, as the game went on, I realized I wasn't having much fun and the gameplay became repetitive quicker than other side scrolling beat em ups like Scott Pilgrim. The visuals aren't bad but the animation seemed really choppy to me. This was all on PSN though so maybe it plays better on Steam.
This was my experience as well. The soundtrack was great, but I didn't much enjoy the actual game part after the first couple of levels.

...10 more keys

C3KJ3-WCZW3-H5TFK-BTB3T-9RKTZ
Also... CB5T3-TCZKT-Z5TX5-33JB3-BWCCT

A day of continuous power usage? Just think of how much you could've reduced your carbon footprint if you had put it in sleep mode, or built a small hydroelectric generator.
I've actually had my computer running for almost two weeks straight trying to download all my crap games over my not too fast "internet connection".

Also, I have the least efficient refrigerator I think ever sold in the late 80's. But, it still only costs about $100 a year to run.

Also... CB5T3-TCZKT-Z5TX5-33JB3-BWCCT

I've actually had my computer running for almost two weeks straight trying to download all my crap games over my not too fast "internet connection".

Also, I have the least efficient refrigerator I think ever sold in the late 80's. But, it still only costs about $100 a year to run.
http://www.re-energy.ca/hydro-generator

There's also a method listed that let's you turn your compost into energy. It's much better for the environment, and it shows that you really care about the future of this planet~ /eco green font

The first two were great on Xbox 360. The third is an abomination.
I haven't played 3, but the the first two are great on PC as well. Especially LP2, there are lots of creative sci-fi designs for characters and machinery, and a large variety of interesting settings. Plus, who doesn't like grappling hooks and robot suits?

People still input shift keys? Gotta have like 500 by now.
Of course! Why? I have no legitimate answer if you were looking for one.

I'm up to 231 keys after those last two key posts, but I'm sure other CAGs have a lot more than that. Does anyone know if your key counter resets after you hit a certain number? I briefly remember someone on CAG bringing that up awhile back. Not that I'm concerned or anything... ok, maybe just a little.

Of course! Why? I have no legitimate answer if you were looking for one.

I'm up to 231 keys after those last two key posts, but I'm sure other CAGs have a lot more than that. Does anyone know if your key counter resets after you hit a certain number? I briefly remember someone on CAG bringing that up awhile back. Not that I'm concerned or anything... ok, maybe just a little.
255 is the max you can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back