CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better than seeing 6 featured games I already own. To me, the true added benefit is seeing if a backlogged game got an interesting update to make me check it out.
I used to try to keep as many games as possible installed for that reason but this is a better option to get notified when there are updates.

Looks like Capcom is trying a new sales technique. Get you to buy the DLC at a discount, but pay full price for the game.
I don't know, I think it's not so bad. It's more or less like rewarding existing customers when some these days seem to be doing the opposite and screwing you out of deals on the DLC unless you buy it with the base or in a (Amazon) bundle.

OTOH there is the whole GFWL issue looming and whether the DLC is really worth it in the first place, which brings me to...

The Resident Evil DLC is all multiplayer or weapons, I'm safe. :speaktothehand:

They spoil one character's death in the Revelations DLC description, but I already knew so whatever.
Is all the Resident Evil DLC for all the games really just multiplayer only or weapons? If so then I guess I'll pass. I was feeling like I needed a TL;DR For Dummies guide to tell me what DLC is what.

That's the problem I have with Steam and games that have a lot of DLC. I know Enhanced Steam has the (crowd sourced) categories but even then you have to go to each and every page which is tedious since they don't show up in list view.

I used to try to keep as many games as possible installed for that reason but this is a better option to get notified when there are updates.

I don't know, I think it's not so bad. It's more or less like rewarding existing customers when some these days seem to be doing the opposite and screwing you out of deals on the DLC unless you buy it with the base or in a (Amazon) bundle.

OTOH there is the whole GFWL issue looming and whether the DLC is really worth it in the first place, which brings me to...

Is all the Resident Evil DLC for all the games really just multiplayer only or weapons? If so then I guess I'll pass. I was feeling like I needed a TL;DR For Dummies guide to tell me what DLC is what.

That's the problem I have with Steam and games that have a lot of DLC. I know Enhanced Steam has the (crowd sourced) categories but even then you have to go to each and every page which is tedious since they don't show up in list view.
All of the RE6 DLC is MP only. The RE:R DLC is for weapons/parts and characters in Raid mode. You can skip all of it, you're not missing anything. Raid mode can be played singleplayer, but playing it in SP defeats the point IMO. Even if you do play Raid mode, I wouldn't buy the weapons/parts DLC. The weapons are level 1 so you'll outgrow them in no time..

Lol at this capcom sale thing.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing this applied to some other games. A lot of games go on sale routinely for 75% off, and then their dlc is either 50-66 percent off or not discounted at all. It'd be nice to see Mark of The Ninja and SKyrim have a sale like this

Lol at this capcom sale thing.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing this applied to some other games. A lot of games go on sale routinely for 75% off, and then their dlc is either 50-66 percent off or not discounted at all. It'd be nice to see Mark of The Ninja and SKyrim have a sale like this
+1 Bethesda seriously needs a sale like this.

Has anyone seen anything stating that gfwl is shutting down? The July 1 date refers to AoE Online
This again? I'd go dig out the patch notes from the Batman games stating it would be shutting down but I don't care enough. Go look or believe what you want.

At this point I think people who deny GFWL will be shutting down are like those who refuse to believe the world is round.

Anyone play the Resident Evil: Remake and Resident Evil: Zero on Nintendo GameCube?

I ask because I wonder how those games compare to Resident Evil: Revelations ?  I heard RE: Revelations was going for an old-school vibe; I wonder if it actually got there.....

Anyone play the Resident Evil: Remake and Resident Evil: Zero on Nintendo GameCube?

I ask because I wonder how those games compare to Resident Evil: Revelations ? I heard RE: Revelations was going for an old-school vibe; I wonder if it actually got there.....
They are far superior games to Revelations. Revelations is alright though but it's still too much like 5/6 to be thought of as old school.

Last edited:
FYI, Mark of the Ninja and the DLC were 80% off on January 1st during the Steam Holiday Sale.

They are far superior games to Revelations. Revelations is alright though but it's still too much like 5/6 to be thought of as old school.
I agree with this. RE:R does some things right. I really liked the upgrade system and the story is a big improvement over RE5/6.. but the gameplay isn't really like the original REs. Not that that's a bad thing.. but it being a 3DS port really simplified the combat.

I agree with this. RE:R does some things right. I really liked the upgrade system and the story is a big improvement over RE5/6.. but the gameplay isn't really like the original REs.
Of course you agree. Remember you are me.

I ask because I wonder how those games compare to Resident Evil: Revelations ? I heard RE: Revelations was going for an old-school vibe; I wonder if it actually got there.....
I've played almost all Resident Evils (RE Remake is one of my favorites.) Well except for RE6 I honestly couldn't get thru it. Anyway RE: Revelations isn't quite like the old school games, but it definitely is a game with a creepy atmosphere (well for the first 3/4ths of the game anyway.) I think its the best RE to be released since RE 4 so if you like creepy RE games mixed with shitty Capcom dialogue then this game is for you my friend.

Ok, I think I'm finally ready to talk to you all about joining me in my shamefulness.

This confirms my long running suspicion that you are the Steam shill. Smart of Gabe to disguise him as a harmless, toothless cockney.

You constantly "buy" games right when they come out and then you conveniently have a recommendation for Risk of Rain mere hours before it becomes the midweek deal. Coincidence? I think not. Or so you can better understand it:

Lor' luv a duck! I fnk not. Know what I mean?

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/rabbit

Thanks for the opinions on RE: Revelations, guys.

Seriously, why can't we get an old-school Resident Evil game?  They don't have to put a huge budget behind it!

If nothing else, I wish they would work out the Remake/Zero licensing issues with Nintendo, do their typical half-hearted effort on HD upscaling (the pre-rendered backgrounds), release the titles on Steam/XBLA/PSN and see how well they sell at $20 a piece.  If the sales for those true survival horror, un-action games sell well, then they know there is a market for that style of game - and they can figure out a budget to match.  If the sales are horrible, then they can justify to their fans the unending Call of Duty-like shoot 'em up direction of recent titles.

This again? I'd go dig out the patch notes from the Batman games stating it would be shutting down but I don't care enough. Go look or believe what you want.

At this point I think people who deny GFWL will be shutting down are like those who refuse to believe the world is round.
There is no need to be upset.

Am I the only one who thinks the old school RE games suck?  I mean the controls were horrible, the games were crazy hard, you ran out of ammo all the time, the graphics are obviously dated.  I'm very happy the game has advanced to its current form.  

Am I the only one who thinks the old school RE games suck? I mean the controls were horrible, the games were crazy hard, you ran out of ammo all the time, the graphics are obviously dated. I'm very happy the game has advanced to its current form.
I couldn't get past the controls on those games when they were new so I never became a fan. I can't really speak to the rest as I never got more than an hour or so in any of them before moving on to something else.

Speaking of the inevitable shutdown of GFWL, GameFly is having a fire sale on some Sega GFWL titles:

• StormRise - $19.99 $1.99
  • The Club - $14.99 $1.49
  • Universe at War - $19.99 $1.99
Not Steam, but 20% off with FEB20OFF.  The Club and UaW have a note on the purchasing page:

"Please note that from July 1st 2014 the multiplayer functionality and any 'online' saved games associated to Microsoft Live accounts...will no longer be accessible. From July 1st 2014 users will still be able to create an 'offline' user account and associate new saves to this account. "

Speaking of the inevitable shutdown of GFWL, GameFly is having a fire sale on some Sega GFWL titles:

Not Steam, but 20% off with FEB20OFF. The Club and UaW have a note on the purchasing page:

"Please note that from July 1st 2014 the multiplayer functionality and any 'online' saved games associated to Microsoft Live accounts...will no longer be accessible. From July 1st 2014 users will still be able to create an 'offline' user account and associate new saves to this account. "
I've played The Club on 360. It's actually a pretty fun MP game so it sucks the MP is going to die with it. I don't think the SP is enough to justify a purchase.

Am I the only one who thinks the old school RE games suck? I mean the controls were horrible, the games were crazy hard, you ran out of ammo all the time, the graphics are obviously dated. I'm very happy the game has advanced to its current form.
Didn't they have that whole 'walking on a painting' thing going on like FF7 and some adventure games do? Yeah no. I prefer actual environments you can move around in.

• StormRise - $19.99 $1.99
  • The Club - $14.99 $1.49
  • Universe at War - $19.99 $1.99
Not Steam, but 20% off with FEB20OFF. The Club and UaW have a note on the purchasing page:

"Please note that from July 1st 2014 the multiplayer functionality and any 'online' saved games associated to Microsoft Live accounts...will no longer be accessible. From July 1st 2014 users will still be able to create an 'offline' user account and associate new saves to this account. "
They'd make a good start to A Humble Sega Bundle.

Grimind Steam keys are available now if you bought Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2, Kiss 2 or Kiss 2 Reloaded. Game releases on thursday.

NPPD Rush also releases on thursday, so expect Steam keys for that too soon.

Oh.. and Guilty Gear Isuka has cards.

You know you're addicted to Steam Cards when you get annoyed that a game doesn't show up in the regular SAM list because it doesn't have achievements so then you have to go and look up the Steam app # and manually enter it into SAM so you can idle for cards without installing the game.

SkyUI is the only 100% needed mod out there, until there is a better UI mod available. Sure it needs SKSE, but that takes a minute to install (there is an installer) and you can even use the workshop to install SkyUI instead of the terrible nexus site. You'll never go back.
unfortunately the workshop doesn't have near as many mods as Nexus does... and NMM is a far better interface than what Workshop gives you: nothing. it's a pain to deal with both Workshop and Nexus, so it saves a world of irritation as mods pile up to just use Nexus.

Yeah I was going to say something about Weeaboo cards selling better but I didn't want to hit one of lostnumberwars triggers. ;)
I'm over it. Taking all your precious Steam Key drops helped to close the wound. At least you didn't bring up lettuce. *shudders*

Last edited:
This confirms my long running suspicion that you are the Steam shill. Smart of Gabe to disguise him as a harmless, toothless cockney.

You constantly "buy" games right when they come out and then you conveniently have a recommendation for Risk of Rain mere hours before it becomes the midweek deal. Coincidence? I think not. Or so you can better understand it:

Lor' luv a duck! I fnk not. Know what I mean?

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/rabbit
It's a fair cop guvnah, apples n pears innit?

Erm, dog 'n bone, ball 'n chain, cost me a monkey, large? Yeah?

*munches on jellied eels*

It's a fair cop guvnah, apples n pears innit?

Erm, dog 'n bone, ball 'n chain, cost me a monkey, large? Yeah?

*munches on jellied eels*
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat. But orrrrr aye ORRRR!

Last edited:
Alright, fess up.  Which one of you convinced the Sanctum guys to make Goat Simulator a real thing?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JN2QUhaKN2Q[/youtube]

Preorder is up at $9.99.

It's been brought to my attention that lots of you have been banned, albeit temporarily. Thankfully idiotekque is amongst the fallen. Let's hope it stays that way.

#NeverForget

3e3.jpg

I want DMC, I want Lost Planet, I want Resident Evil...But seriously, only DLC sale?
At least unlike BioWare w/ their crummy points system, they actually are putting DLC on sale at reduced prices.

EDIT:

It's been brought to my attention that lots of you have been banned, albeit temporarily. Thankfully idiotekque is amongst the fallen. Let's hope it stays that way.

#NeverForget
Seems like there's a discussion beginning here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327115-sudden-bannings/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back