The Super Freak OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, OTT

[quote name='Number83']Are the Flyers still playing? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='seanr1221']No idea, I don't watch Hockey.[/QUOTE]

Me neither, but it was on some various sports programming I was listening to yesterday.

Well, the air conditioner repairman didn't come yesterday because my Dad didn't hang up the phone right. I tried sleeping downstairs, but couldn't, so I moved up stairs. I think I got 5 hours sleep max. Work today is gonna be fun.

AN_safir_serbia.jpg

My fat ass teen sister is apparently starting to take diet pills. I hope she gets oily shits because she still eats all kinds of junk food.

[quote name='munch']So I think I"m going to sell the parts to my PC. I need a macbook. Bad. Real bad.

Anyone want some parts? Here's what it has:

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
Big Typhoon CPU fan
EVGA 8800 GT
LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM
Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply
8gb (2gbx4) Ram
Antec p182b case (probably not feasible to ship this)

I'm also going to sell my iBook. The thing is old, and the battery is shot. I'd let this go cheap.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone with computer parts knowledge let me know how much I could get for this stuff?

[quote name='Eviltude']You mean Peace Walker? I played the f out of the demo that came out a couple months back.

Doing all this organic chemistry makes me feel like a genius. I really hope it doesn't get ridiculously harder as the course progresses, but I'm pretty sure it will.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Peace Walker is tempting the shit out of me. I get my inspection bonus at the end of the week and my check should have something like 50 hours of overtime as well. I think I am going to wait until after E3 just to make sure that they don't drop the price on me before I bite though.

At the most, I'd say about $200 package...Probably a little bit more if you individually sold it off (Probably have to throw the fan in with the CPU)

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 - ($50)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 - ($25)
Big Typhoon CPU fan - (Free with Processor)
EVGA 8800 GT ($25)
LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM ($15)
Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($25)
8gb (2gbx4) Ram ($50 - $75 depending on speed)
Antec p182b case (probably not feasible to ship this) (Ironically, you'd probably get the most for this)

Is the Peace Walker bundle being sold anywhere besides GameStop? If it is, you could at least try for a place that price matches, but I'm guessing that GS is the only one with the bundle.

Your best option is probably to see if there's a price drop announced at E3 before buying it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yeah Peace Walker is tempting the shit out of me. I get my inspection bonus at the end of the week and my check should have something like 50 hours of overtime as well. I think I am going to wait until after E3 just to make sure that they don't drop the price on me before I bite though.[/QUOTE]

Why do you want it? Because it's camo?

Today, Amazon recommended I buy a box of Fancy Feast. Fancy Feast. For cats. I don't even have a cat. I've never looked at anything even remotely related to cats on Amazon.

Maybe Amazon is trying to tell me I need a cat.

I think I'm going to have a Criterion sale. Any takers (100% wombat free):

Walkabout
Burmese Harp
Fires on the plain
8 1/2
The Vanishing (no insert)
Red Beard
Hopscotch
Fanny & Alexander (1 disc and no insert)
Seduced and Abandoned
Kicking and Screaming
Yi Yi
Late Spring 18.49
Traffic
Monsters & Madmen
The Fallen Idol
The Milky Way
Ivan's Childhood
M. Hulot's Holiday
The Rock
The Magic Flute
Brazil
Black Orpheus
M
The Silence of the Lambs
Amarcord

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Today, Amazon recommended I buy a box of Fancy Feast. Fancy Feast. For cats. I don't even have a cat. I've never looked at anything even remotely related to cats on Amazon.

Maybe Amazon is trying to tell me I need a cat.[/QUOTE]

Shit like that happens to me on a regular basis. Today I got a Hoover Vacuum and a Knife Sharpener. I've cleaned out my browsing history, and gone through the fixes to clean up recommendations and I still get random shit like this a couple times per week.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Shit like that happens to me on a regular basis. Today I got a Hoover Vacuum and a Knife Sharpener. I've cleaned out my browsing history, and gone through the fixes to clean up recommendations and I still get random shit like this a couple times per week.[/QUOTE]

What is the matter with you? Most people have/need a vacuum cleaner. It's nothing like cat food.

Anyone have any tips on writing a cover letter for an unadvertised job? Usually I'd mention that I am replying to an ad, but I'm kind of lost without that.

This message is hidden because st0neface is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because munch is on your ignore list.

No one's buying that shit, retard. You couldn't even last a day before accidentally ruining the illusion the last time you said that.

I would if they were Blu-rays. :cool:

I'm pretty sure the only DVD I've bought in 3 years was The Departed because it came in a steelbook and it has a Scorsese documentary that's not on the Blu-ray.

[quote name='zewone']Why do you want it? Because it's camo?[/QUOTE]

I just want it because it is Metal Gear and the bundle is the best value for buying Metal Gear. The camo also looks better than the straight up green PSP. I really would prefer a straight up black one, but the camo is something I think I can live with.

I hope they don't showcase Natal with "You're in the movies 2" at E3 or it will surely fail. Its sad to know that the camera hasn't had much use besides the Rainbow Six Vegas games.

[quote name='JolietJake']Anyone have any tips on writing a cover letter for an unadvertised job? Usually I'd mention that I am replying to an ad, but I'm kind of lost without that.[/QUOTE]

If you're being referred by someone, I'd start there, otherwise you could begin with why you are interested in a job at the company.

Not really a referral, somebody just told me they were moving to the area. There is next to nothing on the company's website, looks like something from the mid 90s.

How about something along the lines of "I heard you guys are moving to _______ and I was wondering if there are any openings? Here's what I have to offer..."

Hey munch, how much you thinking of selling those Criterions for? Not that I should be spending money, but Amarcord and M would look good on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back