The Super Freak OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, Mario Galaxy 2 shipped from GS. I hope I get the $20 credit soon so I can use it on Green Day RB. :x

I will gladly buy a new peripheral for RB3.

[quote name='Mojimbo']How would you "innovate the genre", corrosivefrost?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue. But if you think adding a keyboard and carrying over vocal harmonies from RB:TB is great...

Rock Band: Linkin Park will innovate the genre of rhythm music games like past successes Rock Band: The Beatles and Rock Band: Green Day. Starting with RB:LP, all Rock Band games will support the DJ turntable peripherals which debuted on the market with competitor Activision's DJ Hero game. We're also incoporating the latest in 3D visual technology, so gamers will really feel like they're up on stage rocking out! And stay tuned for a special announcement regarding Natal and Move support for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Real fans will want to order the special edition Transformers bundle, which commemorates the release of Michael Bay's epic conclusion to the Transformers trilogy, will come with a limited edition turntable that transforms into Optimus Prime. People who preorder will be given a DLC code which will enable them to download the blockbuster film's chart topping soundtrack, written and composed by Linkin Park, for play in game!

I'd include a CD/MP3 import tool to let you rip your music to the game, so you could play them.

Not likely to happen, however.

Personally, I don't think there's that much that can be done. It seems like Harmonix is sliding into a "we need to make more money, let's release another RB game with some new features and a new setlist" financial model -- RB2 > LEGO RB > RB: Beatles > RB Green Day > RB3 -- it just doesn't seem like that much came out of the games in the middle, other than the vocal harmonies, where creating a new RB platform would do much to help freshen the genre.

Apparently one of my friends knows one of the founders of Harmonix -- well enough, apparently, to be somewhat embarassed that she hasn't played Rock Band yet. I asked her to ask him what was planned besides adding the harmonies and a new setlist, but I don't know her well enough to know what kind of friends they really are.

Can't wait to see what this new keyboard peripheral looks like...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a keyboard peripheral is the perfect addition to Rock Band. It's one of the few things I've always thought it needed, actually.

I'd really like to play Let It Be or Hey Jude on that Fisher Price piano but TB:RB ended up selling half as much as that shitty Aerosmith game and only a little more than GH:Metallica so I don't see it happening. :0(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have no clue. But if you think adding a keyboard and carrying over vocal harmonies from RB:TB is great...

Rock Band: Linkin Park will innovate the genre of rhythm music games like past successes Rock Band: The Beatles and Rock Band: Green Day. Starting with RB:LP, all Rock Band games will support the DJ turntable peripherals which debuted on the market with competitor Activision's DJ Hero game. We're also incoporating the latest in 3D visual technology, so gamers will really feel like they're up on stage rocking out! And stay tuned for a special announcement regarding Natal and Move support for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Real fans will want to order the special edition Transformers bundle, which commemorates the release of Michael Bay's epic conclusion to the Transformers trilogy, will come with a limited edition turntable that transforms into Optimus Prime. People who preorder will be given a DLC code which will enable them to download the blockbuster film's chart topping soundtrack, written and composed by Linkin Park, for play in game![/QUOTE]

:whee:

I'll take 2!

The air conditioning went out in our house last night, and I slept in 80 degrees. My Dad called the repairman, and either we need a new air conditioner or just ran out of freon. Let's hope it's the latter, because sleeping in 80 degree heat fucking sucks.

I'm psyched for keyboard in RB3 and would gladly buy a new peripheral. Depeche Mode would be awesome, and so would Dark Wave, New Wave, Industrial and electronic stuff.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there more information or is the screenshot causing this assumption that keyboard is the only thing RB3 has to offer?[/QUOTE]

Right now, everything is pretty much predicated on the screenshot from the demo, I believe, which seems to tease keyboard and vocal harmonies. New set list is a given. Beyond that, who knows.

Professor Layton 2 Spoiler
IMG_0155.jpg

It says in the booklet in order to solve it, it helps to "manipulate" the page (aka ripping it out/folding it) That would absolutely drive me insane to tarnish a booklet like that.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm kind of really pissed that TB:RB is dead. I expected a lot more.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. Although, I may have just had my fill of music games as a whole.

[quote name='prmononoke']I think a keyboard peripheral is the perfect addition to Rock Band. It's one of the few things I've always thought it needed, actually.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly what I was thinking.

So I think I"m going to sell the parts to my PC. I need a macbook. Bad. Real bad.

Anyone want some parts? Here's what it has:

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
Big Typhoon CPU fan
EVGA 8800 GT
LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM
Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply
8gb (2gbx4) Ram
Antec p182b case (probably not feasible to ship this)

I'm also going to sell my iBook. The thing is old, and the battery is shot. I'd let this go cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Happy Panda']Seems to be a lot of crybaby crying over the Mass Effect movie.[/QUOTE]

"Is that Wombat crying in the Mass Effect Thread?" - Graystone

[quote name='tiredfornow']:[[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck would you post that?

~~~

This International Friendly between the US of A and the Czech Republic is getting me excited for June 12th.

[quote name='munch']So I think I"m going to sell the parts to my PC. I need a macbook. Bad. Real bad.

Anyone want some parts? Here's what it has:

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
Big Typhoon CPU fan
EVGA 8800 GT
LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM
Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply
8gb (2gbx4) Ram
Antec p182b case (probably not feasible to ship this)

I'm also going to sell my iBook. The thing is old, and the battery is shot. I'd let this go cheap.[/QUOTE]

Instead of a macbook I would recommend one of the asus or acer dual core notebooks I got. It'll be $400 cheaper, last eight hours, and the new intel chips are coming out soon,. If you can weight five months you can probably get the new generation or awesome deals on the old generation. I'm already seeing sale for the 12-13" notebooks from the last gen as they try to clear inventory. You can't even find an Acer 1410 dual core.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']It would be awesome to play some children of bodom keyboards on rock band.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that would be awesome.

A keyboard would open up the doors for a huge variety of DLC that we haven't seen before. I feel like the Lady Gaga songs would be fun on keyboards, while they're kind of shitty on guitar.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Man that Big Boss PSP becomes more tempting as time goes on.

Also Sony needs to drop the price of the PS2.[/QUOTE]

You mean Peace Walker? I played the f out of the demo that came out a couple months back.

Doing all this organic chemistry makes me feel like a genius. I really hope it doesn't get ridiculously harder as the course progresses, but I'm pretty sure it will.

Would the Asus 1201n be able to run Skype with video (or any other webcam communication medium)?

I ask because I'm going to pick up a webcam to keep in touch with my good friend once I move away.

I see the 1201n has one, heh. Guess I never really noticed, considering I've never had a webcam and my mom's laptop doesn't have one so I never considered it.

I think once I go to BB or something and look at netbook sizes to see if I want a 12" or 10" I'll be able to choose one.

[quote name='prmononoke']Oh, that would be awesome.

A keyboard would open up the doors for a huge variety of DLC that we haven't seen before.[/QUOTE]Please, please, please, Harmonix. I won't whine about having to buy a stupid toy keyboard if they finally give us some Doors. I'm a little worried that Activision has their hooks into them but they only put a single song on GH4 and they seem to be pretty liberal about licensing their songs so that's probably not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back