The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

Not sure if this has been mensioned already but I was at target last night and saw 12 month Xbox live with the headset, 200 points etc for $41 on clearence! Would have picked one up but i just renewed mine when they had the deals last month

[quote name='bobomallone']Not sure if this has been mensioned already but I was at target last night and saw 12 month Xbox live with the headset, 200 points etc for $41 on clearence! Would have picked one up but i just renewed mine when they had the deals last month[/QUOTE]
That's a good deal...

[quote name='lawdood']Went to Target this morning hoping the ipod hi-fi's were marked down again but no dice. I'm thinking about biting at the current price since I have a 10% off certificate if I use the Target Visa. Hmmmm....

But I did manage to snag a $7.48 We

[quote name='lawdood'] Oh and the Tony Hawk Project 8 with skate decks were marked down to $22.xx something now.[/quote]

That's pretty big news as no one thought it would drop past $40-something. I'll have to grab one if my store dropped them as well.

Richmond, VA

Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic (PC) clearanced at 34.98

Still way too high for that game, but once it hits the $10-12 sweet spot, I'll pick it up.

I dont know that much about skateboarding but it is somthing I wanna atleast make an attempt at, is the deck and game worth it for 22? Also, how much do you think it would be to get the rest of the stuff for it?

[quote name='Rictor']That's pretty big news as no one thought it would drop past $40-something. I'll have to grab one if my store dropped them as well.[/QUOTE]
I'd totally buy one, but it would take up too much space to be worth it, especially since I have no interest in skateboarding.

the zelda sword/shield set got marked down to $10.04 this morning, so i grabbed one. it appears that the 13.98 games were marked to 9.98 (luigi's mansion, spongebob). also, saw :ds: zoo keeper for 7.48.

I picked up at my local Target today Ultimate Spiderman for Xbox clearanced out for $4.98. I also saw True Crime: New York for Xbox clearanced out at the same price but didn't buy. I don't remember seeing anyone mention these 2 titles in this thread...if they did, sorry.

man this sucks, i want baten kaitos cuz there are a couple sitting at this target near me but i don't have a gamecube/wii, it's funny how many titles i have lying around that i don't even have systems for. oh well if it goes down a lil more from 13.98 ill probably grab it... To anyone that has played it all the way through here is it a good game??

Two things:

207 00 0591 Xbox Live Starter Kit

This is the one already mentioned that comes in the box with Xbox Live, a headset, 200 MP points and Bankshot Billiards.

207 00 0604 MC2 Mad Catz Steering Wheel for Xbox 360

This one wasn't discounted much, I forget how much it was but it was somewhere in between $40 and $60 I think.

What shitty luck, I was hoping to find a copy of Canvas Curse or see Final Fantasy 1/2 for GBA discounted but no dice. I really hope those XBL kits stay around for at least another drop, I really need to get a card to renew and I could use a new headset.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but you can use the vertical keypad on Target's price scanners to look up items by their DCPI number so instead of printing out UPCs you can just write down the numbers. Only bad thing is that the keypads are disabled or broken on some of the scanners I've come across for some reason.

[quote name='Mojimbo']

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but you can use the vertical keypad on Target's price scanners to look up items by their DCPI number so instead of printing out UPCs you can just write down the numbers. Only bad thing is that the keypads are disabled or broken on some of the scanners I've come across for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Those scanners are great, I wish my local Target would upgrade as they still have the monochrome ones without the keypad

Longtime leecher but a first time poster.

Just wanted to let everyone in Central Illinois know that the Champaign, IL Target has an abundance of Burnout 3s for $10 along with some other titles like Doom 3 for $5.00. Bloomington Normal, IL Target has Nascar 06 for $15 along with many copies of Burnout 3. The goldmine is at Decatur, IL Target. Mercenaries, Killzone, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, etc for $10. Star Wars Episode III is there for $5.00. Quite a few DS and GBA games too. Most notable was a single copy of Final Fantasy for GBA for $10 I believe.

If anyone in Eastern Illinois or Western Indiana would happen to have ideas of what is in Bradford, IL, Lafayette, IN, or Indianapolis, IN, I would greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='scsg75']warioware touched was down to $17.48...great price for that game.[/quote]

Holy crap...if someone sees one for this price and wants to sell/trade it, PM me! :lol:

Holy crap....I really need to stop off at my Target then.....hopefully theyll have the Zelda packs and other stuff leftover...

Picked up some games for my son today:

GC: X-Men Legends: $9.98

GBA: Lego Star Wars: $7.48
GBA: Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: $4.98
GBA: Ace Combat Advance: $4.98
GBA: Megaman Zero 4: $4.98
GBA: Madagascar: $4.98
GBA: Sonic Advance: $9.98

Edit: Also noticed the GBA Final Fantasy dropped to $17.98.

Picked up the Killer 7 for Gamecube at the $3.xx price point. I don't even have a Gamecube yet.

But I did get Gunpey for $7.48. I passed on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Pikmin 2 for $9.98. Not cheap enough yet for a system I dont yet have.

[quote name='biggyfries']hey Mo, i think i have an extra canvas curse for ya. lmk.[/QUOTE]Thanks but after shipping, paypal fees and tax it'd probably kill the deal. Thanks a lot for the offer though, I really do appreciate it.

Forgot to mention I saw Fire Emblem Sacred Stones down to $7.4X and a ton of Wipeout PSP for $4.9X.

I experienced the YMMV of Target price drops myself during a visit to 4 Targets this evening. Target #1 seemed to be on top of the drops and all my UPC's scanned at the lower prices (One Piece $4.98, Battalion Wars $3.74, Gunpey $7.48, and Zelda CE $19.98). Of course, the 3 One Piece that were there just yesterday were gone :bomb:. I HATE it when they actually update the price tags so damn quickly. I thought the Gunpeys, which were in the case, were gone also, but I then found them stacked with the Ping Pals on a clearance shelf. For whatever reason, though they removed them from the case, they did NOT mark those down so they still said $14.98. Needless to say I got one! Oh, the Tony Hawk Project 8 w/skateboard scanned at $44.98 (or whatever it was).

Target #2 was *supposed* to be the motherlode. Tons of Zelda CE's at $19.98 a few days ago - was hoping for $10, no dice... The only game that changed in price was Battalion Wars, and guess what, it was gone. One Piece was still $9.98, Gunpey was still $14.98, and everything else sitting there still semed to be the higher prices from last week.

Target #3 had One Piece locked up in the case but WITH the correct $4.98 price tag. Wierd, but finally snagged that. They didn't have much in the way of clearance beyond that though.

Target #4 had a bunch of One Piece just 2 days ago - they were all gone today. I find it surprising there is so much interest in that game. I had never even heard of it till I saw the PS2 version in the checkout line at Best Buy (in their $9.99 checkout impulse buy game section).

I also found the following: PSP NBA '06 $7.48, PSP Metal Gear Acid $7.48, PSP Untold Legends $7.48. I don't even remember where I got those and if they were higher last week or not (I don't remember seeing them before). They were all tagged correctly though.

By the way, if anyone wants any of those PSP games let me know - cost + shipping/fees, so about $12 via PayPal.

oh man
I went to like two target. Each target had like at least 10+ fire emblem on clearance gba for $7.48 each
Let me know if any of yall want one.
$12.50 shipped for first class (bubble envelope - not responsible if box get fawk up) w/dc
$15.00 shipped for priority mail (highly recommended since im shipping it in a box) w/dc
I prefer paypal or usps money order (- $1.00 from $12.50/$15)

Grabbed a couple of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for $7.48 last night from the Target nearest me, they also had a SpongeBob Squarepants game on GBA down to $9.98 and a couple of copies of DS Gunpey for $7.48.

The other thing of note they had was a Konami Arcade cabinet reduced from $400 to $200, I was really tempted to get it but it weighed a tonne and I doubt it would have fit in the car. The games on it were good though, 12 Konami games including Contra and Castlevania, Time Pilot 84 etc.

This was at the Brandywine DE Target.

So, just a quick list i put together for the recent Target activity. I'm sure i'm missing stuff.

GC
Battalion Wars $3.74
Killer 7 $3.xx
One Piece $4.98
Pikmin 2 $10
X-Men Legends $9.98

DS
Gunpey $7.48
Warioware Touched $17.48

PSP
Metal Gear Acid $7.48
NBA '06 $7.48
Untold Legends $7.48
Wipeout Pure NON-GH for $4.96

GBA
Ace Combat Advance: $4.98
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for $7.48
Lego Star Wars: $7.48
Madagascar: $4.98
Megaman Zero 4: $4.98
Sonic Advance: $9.98
Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: $4.98

XB
Ultimate Spiderman $4.98

PS2
Tony Hawk Skateboard/Game $20

Zelda Sword/Shield set $10.04

These are just additions to the huge list on the first page.

Don't forget Starfox Assault GC for $9.98 and I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for PS2 for $4.98 yesterday, you could add that.

As of 8:45 pm last night, my wonderful wife saw 6-8 Tony Hawks Project 8 with Deck for 22.54 in Fullerton, CA. She didnt notice how many were XBox or PS2. She just grabbed one for me and it was the PS2 version.

I was a little bummed earlier last night cuz I got home from job #2 and had about 4 hours to eat dinner and get some sleep before heading to job#1 again. I ate, got online and saw it was 75% off. Raced to my local Target and came home empty handed. They had about 12 two days ago at 44.xx. Oh well, only 3 hours sleep for me. I get up tired as heck. Go through the ol' routine and grab my keysas I head out the door and what do I seeup against the door? The Tony Hawk deck! She went out of her way to get it at another Target while I slept. She didnt even know I didnt get one cuz she was still at school when I got home and went to sleep. She must have looked around my game room and didnt see it.

She's one of a kind. I lover her so much! #1 CAG wifey.

[quote name='FlyMaggot']As of 8:45 pm last night, my wonderful wife saw 6-8 Tony Hawks Project 8 with Deck for 22.54 in Fullerton, CA. She didnt notice how many were XBox or PS2. She just grabbed one for me and it was the PS2 version.

I was a little bummed earlier last night cuz I got home from job #2 and had about 4 hours to eat dinner and get some sleep before heading to job#1 again. I ate, got online and saw it was 75% off. Raced to my local Target and came home empty handed. They had about 12 two days ago at 44.xx. Oh well, only 3 hours sleep for me. I get up tired as heck. Go through the ol' routine and grab my keysas I head out the door and what do I seeup against the door? The Tony Hawk deck! She went out of her way to get it at another Target while I slept. She didnt even know I didnt get one cuz she was still at school when I got home and went to sleep. She must have looked around my game room and didnt see it.

She's one of a kind. I lover her so much! #1 CAG wifey.[/quote]

Awesome story! :applause:

I was waiting for the Hawk combo to go on sale forever. My Target (Columbia, MD) has no less than 35 (I counted) PS2 one's for 22.54.

To the poster who asked about the deck - the board is worth about $50. It's a nice one.

GC
Battalion Wars $3.74
Killer 7 $3.xx
One Piece $4.98
Pikmin 2 $10
X-Men Legends $9.98

For Gamecube, Starfox Assault, Resident Evil 4, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, and Baten Kaitos are $9.98. Also, one of the Harvest Moons and some Pac Man game were $9.98. There was a Tak game for $4.98 as well.

[quote name='hotwls13']So, just a quick list i put together for the recent Target activity. I'm sure i'm missing stuff.

GC
Battalion Wars $3.74
Killer 7 $3.xx
One Piece $4.98
Pikmin 2 $10
X-Men Legends $9.98

These are just additions to the huge list on the first page.[/QUOTE]

I have something to add.

GC X-Men Legends 2 $4.98, I got the only one the store had.

P.S. Does anyone know if Legend of Heroes PSP, should be cheaper by now? My target still has one copy of the first one.

Just went to the Ann Arbor-Saline road kmart, got 187 ride or die for 2.48, and WWE Day of Reckoning GC for 4.98. Does anyone know if any of the targets near detroit have the zelda/tony hawk combos...both the Ann arbor store cleared them out. Thanks

Went to target in search of Gunpey and couldn't find it...So i hid one of the Zelda Wii SLing backpack thingys hoping hey will drop again soon. They were at 27.xx right now.

Hit another Target today and found:

Medieval Resurrection PSP $9.98
One Piece: Pirate's Carnival GC $4.98
X-Men Legends GC $9.98
Doom 3 Xbox $4.98
DK King of Swing GBA $7.48

I picked up the following last night at the Shields/First location in Fresno CA:
Gunpey (DS) $7.48
Tony Hawk Project 8 w/board (XBOX) $22.54
Legend Of Zelda CE $10.04

The store also had about 10 Tony Hawk P8 Combo's left (all PS2), 3-4 Legend Of Zelda CE & some N-Gage games!!! (Tony Hawk Pro Skater & Super Monkey Ball)

Today, I visited the Blackstone/Bullard location in Fresno CA. All they had in stock for clearance was Road Rash Jailbreak (GBA) & Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer (GBA) for $4.98 each. They also had Tony Hawk P8 Board Combos for the $44.XX price.

Anyone happen to pick up an extra copy or have a Target that still has copies of We Love Katamari for PS2? Got a friend who wants one and none of our Targets have them anymore. Thanks!

Holy shit, you CAGs want Katamari! :D I got Mercenaries for $10 and Gunpey for $7.50. Awesome deals over there. Going back to get some more cheap games tomorrow.

I was able to price adjust my Killer 7 to get it at the $3.48 price today. Thanks to everyone helping to keep the thread up to date.

My target had several Xenosaga 2's on clearance, but it looks like I missed my chance to pick up the copy Conker, which I was really wanting.

Has anyone seen a ipod hifi in the maryland area? The stores closest to me sold them all but I did find gunpey.

[quote name='Billservo']I was able to price adjust my Killer 7 to get it at the $3.48 price today. Thanks to everyone helping to keep the thread up to date.[/QUOTE]

Target does price adjustments now? Since when?

And on a clearance item? Go you.

[quote name='Haggar']
And on a clearance item? Go you.[/QUOTE]

I've been told if you buy something at full price and it goes on clearance within the ridiculously short window, it will get adjusted...once.

If it was already on clearance, tough shit. I know, because we tried it with formula. Bastards.

Macedonia, OH

Killer 7 GCN $3.74
One Piece Pirates Carnival $4.98
Tak Great Juju Challenge $4.98
True Crime NYC Xbox $4.98
SRS PS2 $4.98
Gunpey DS $7.48

Saw:

Zoo Keeper $7.48
About FIFTY Metroid Prime 2 for $9.98
Resident Evil 4 GCN $9.98
Baten Kaitos $9.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 $24.98
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 $4.98
Shaman King PS2 $9.98

Interesting stuff - I hadnt kept up with this thread and was shocked to see all this stuff, I never have good luck with Target.

Dave

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I've been told if you buy something at full price and it goes on clearance within the ridiculously short window, it will get adjusted...once.

If it was already on clearance, tough shit. I know, because we tried it with formula. Bastards.[/quote]

I don't know about that, but I'm two for two now on price adjusting. My first time the cashier explicitly told me that they don't price adjust so she just returned the item and I purchased it again on the spot.

This time I told the guy that I had asked another Target store whether the game was the same price at the other Targets in the area (after doing a DCPI check) and they told me it was- which really did happen. The guy did an actual price adjust on the original receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back