The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='dave auto']Dude, ballsy move, way to go. I think I'm gonna have to try that. I was really hoping that my stores' VJ: DT would drop to 7.48 (like io's), but no dice: went straight from 14.99 to "Item not found" at the price scanners. I assume that means they'll ring up 0.00 at the registers, so I can do some persuadin'?

Wish me luck.[/quote]
Yes, if your store still has those titles they will most likely ring up $0.00. It's very YMMV as far as how the store will handle it. If the store "researches" the price you will most likely end up paying $14.99 for it. From what the lady in the pharmacy said I guess it prompts the cashier to type in a price. So hopefully if you try it the store will let you name your price.

***BTW if any CAGers are interested in those two games I'm willing to trade them or sell them at cost + shipping. I already bought those two for myself the last time they were on clearance (paid $4.98 for VJ and $7.98 for Gunpey about a month ago). My main reason for getting them was just to see if it would work.***

[quote name='icruise']Picked up two copies of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $12.98 each if anyone wants to trade for one of them.[/QUOTE]

Don't mean to quote the same thing twice, but I wanted to give you a huge thanks, my Target had this for $12.48 (I guess this is the last drop for my store) so I snagged it.

Never would have gone if you didn't give the heads up! Thanks a ton!!!

Wanted to play this forever.

I totally bought Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble for $5 today.

I asked the cashier in electronics how much it rang up for, and when he replied with a puzzled "0.00," I told him that I had seen it before on clearance for 4.98. The game didn't have a price sticker on it, and it was the last one in the store, so he shrugged and sold it to me for 4.98.

There's little more gratifying than dictating your own price to a retailer. :cool: I've gotten away with this at K-Mart before, but never had such luck at Target. I never would have tried it if Chitown021 hadn't shared his story, thanks dude.

Saw Open Season (Wii) on clearance today for 34.98. It was still locked up in the case in a Lansing, MI store on Edgewood.

It's the first Wii game I've seen on clearance in Michigan since reported on this thread.

[quote name='Angel.Sofiel']Out of curiosity, does Target update/reduce prices on its clearanced games monthly?[/quote]

Every friday is when they reduce, but sometimes they don't mark down the games along with other stuff ^_^ (its a huge store, with tons of things to markdown every week)

[quote name='dave auto']I totally bought Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble for $5 today.

I asked the cashier in electronics how much it rang up for, and when he replied with a puzzled "0.00," I told him that I had seen it before on clearance for 4.98. The game didn't have a price sticker on it, and it was the last one in the store, so he shrugged and sold it to me for 4.98.

There's little more gratifying than dictating your own price to a retailer. :cool: I've gotten away with this at K-Mart before, but never had such luck at Target. I never would have tried it if Chitown021 hadn't shared his story, thanks dude.[/quote]

Awesome! Glad to hear that it worked for you. When the scanner said it was $0.00 I figured it was worth a try. If they tried to charge me $14.99 I would've just said no thanks.

[quote name='Chanash']Every friday is when they reduce, but sometimes they don't mark down the games along with other stuff ^_^ (its a huge store, with tons of things to markdown every week)[/quote]

Unless they've changed their policy in recent years, clearances are done by department, with electronics (including games) being updated on Mondays (can stretch to Tuesday if they too much work). Can a Target employee re-confirm this? I go every Monday evening and would hate to be wasting my time. ;)

[quote name='mbstuff']Unless they've changed their policy in recent years, clearances are done by department, with electronics (including games) being updated on Mondays (can stretch to Tuesday if they too much work). Can a Target employee re-confirm this? I go every Monday evening and would hate to be wasting my time. ;)[/quote]

I'm not an employee, but this was my understanding as well. I had read that on another deal-site forum, and in my personal experience, it seems more or less correct.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']So all VJ: DS (even the "restocked" ones) are ringing up out of the system?[/quote]

That's how they've rung up for me at at least two Targets. And as far as I can tell, the "restocked" VJ: DTs are no different from the original copies: they haven't been re-UPC-stickered, and always ring up the same price as the printed barcode I bring in with me.

[quote name='mbstuff']Unless they've changed their policy in recent years, clearances are done by department, with electronics (including games) being updated on Mondays (can stretch to Tuesday if they too much work). Can a Target employee re-confirm this? I go every Monday evening and would hate to be wasting my time. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can almost confirm it's Monday or thereabout, because on Saturday, my Target had Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $24.98, and I was in there Saturday night about an hour before close.

Went in Tuesday afternoon, and it was $12.48... so I have to assume it was done one of those days (and I'd bet Monday).

does anyone have the UPC #s for Super Mario 64 DS (or the site that generates UPCs)? it's in the case at my Target and isn't marked as clearance yet and I want to see if it's gone down there or not. I'll probably hold off until Monday to see if it drops further since people are saying it's $21ish at the moment.

they also haven't marked the Wii or 360 games people are saying either, oddly enough. the game section is so barren right now since this one just opened in the fall and all these games have been clearanced out. x_x

[quote name='mbstuff']Unless they've changed their policy in recent years, clearances are done by department, with electronics (including games) being updated on Mondays (can stretch to Tuesday if they too much work). Can a Target employee re-confirm this? I go every Monday evening and would hate to be wasting my time. ;)[/QUOTE]

confirmed. I work every Monday before the store opens and see what was marked down in Electronics.

I got Dark Messiah Might and Magic for $12.48

The DCPI is # 201 02 0214

Can't waitt o play the game, i loved the demo and at this price its well worth it. :)

[quote name='hopeunknown']does anyone have the UPC #s for Super Mario 64 DS (or the site that generates UPCs)? it's in the case at my Target and isn't marked as clearance yet and I want to see if it's gone down there or not. I'll probably hold off until Monday to see if it drops further since people are saying it's $21ish at the moment.

they also haven't marked the Wii or 360 games people are saying either, oddly enough. the game section is so barren right now since this one just opened in the fall and all these games have been clearanced out. x_x[/quote]

I think this clearance, oddly, is a YMMV at Target. I punched in a few DPCI's of games that are supposed to be on clearance including Super Mario 64 DS and they all came up regular price at one Target, yet at another they have most of the Wii games mentioned previously on a clearance endcap marked correctly. Usually, even if a Target is late red stickering something, it's still marked down in the system by scanning it or punching in the DCPI. This time, that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case.

At the Target by my house, all of the little scanner/input kiosks are rigged to not accept key presses. We need a slashbunny-KMart-thread-esque UPC thing I can print out and scan.

If I had any sense of how that would happen, I'd volunteer. Sadly, I do not.

Had seven VJ: DS and two xbox SW EP3 at my local target. When I tried to purchase one, rang up out of system. Would not sell to me and they then pulled the rest off the shelf.
Rude manager stated if rang up out of system then they had to return them and couldn't sell.

They did have GBAsp w/ spiderman 2 game clearance at 55.94.

[quote name='ravenbear']Had seven VJ: DS and two xbox SW EP3 at my local target. When I tried to purchase one, rang up out of system. Would not sell to me and they then pulled the rest off the shelf.
Rude manager stated if rang up out of system then they had to return them and couldn't sell.

They did have GBAsp w/ spiderman 2 game clearance at 55.94.[/quote]

VJ didn't ring up for me either, but the girl had a manager check the price with a pricing gun and it showed up. Mine rang up for 14.99 though.

VJ rang up out of system - guy calls manager manager has him ring up old price ($14.99) "then you take the percent off - video games never go down past 50%" ... walked out with the game for $7.49.

no luck picking up VJ: Double Trouble today. they had 2 of them at the target i went to. but to my surprise when i was checking out it came up as 0.00 so the lady asked the guy at electronics and used the LRT gun to check the price and i believe they came up with a generic price of $14.99. i was quite disappointed. this target also had CAG employees i bet, some of the games are almost hidden below the glass shevles all the way at the bottom and the games are facing the wall so nobody could see it i guess.

I have an extra VJ and Gunpey I'd be willing to trade or sell at cost to a fellow CAGer. PM me if anyone wants them. I just took a shot at them to see if I could get the "name your price" deal from my Target.

[quote name='kell']045496734992

I usually get them off half.com.

http://upcdata.info/ will generate the barcode.[/quote]
haha, i put it in and this came up:
Picture1-4.png

dildo magic is certainly my favorite nintendo ds game of all time! ;)

:lol:

I guess that's what they get for letting anyone describe it. Luckily Half has this:

Warnings: Suitable for Persons Ages Six and Older
s.gif

UPC: 045496734992

I guess the DS really is the start of the "Touch" Generation...

Does anyone know if the Zelda sling dropped to 4.98? I found it at the store, but it was salvaged out of the system. The lady refused to check in the PDT like I suggested (I used to work at Target a few years back)

Target in Lufkin TX had the following Wii games for $35:

Cars
Spongebob
Splinter Cell
Chicken Little
GT Racer?(Ubisoft game with free wheel)
Happy Feet

Found a copy of Viewtiful Joe, rang up as not in the system, of course. Called the manager over, and he just gave me some crap about how they have no way to look up the price, so he couldn't sell it to me. I even mentioned that I was in there just two days ago, and had another game with the same issue, and they were able to look up the last price very easily. I don't know if this manager was just a jerk, or extremely uninformed, LOL.

I checked several 360 and Wii games at my Target (via UPC's at the floor sacanners) this week and not a one is one clearance here yet. We're now into the second week - this is really pissing me off. They've always followed along before, what gives?

GT Racer?(Ubisoft game with free wheel)

Its the 4x4 Monster Truck game at my store. I missed getting one by 2 seconds!! :bomb: A women had it in her hand and almost putting it back I heard her say;

"I dont even know if he has this system But im getting it anyway cause its on clearence"

I scooted over to the glass case and saw plenty of GT's but NO 4x4's..Another TARGET had everything but they were all marked 49.99.

dunno if anybody mentioned this, but last night i saw Need For Speed Carbon for DS clearanced at $20.98 (was $29). ill wait for that one to come down more in price.

also got a VJ which didnt ring up in the system, i told the cashier it was 5 bucks the other day & thats what they entered. I wanted say it was $3, but I dunno if they would believe me, since they seem to put in whatever you say.

honestly i feel like they should make these things 1cent, and if they dont remove them b4 we find them, then its their fault.

That stack of Viewtiful Joe DS that were marked for $4.98 a month ago, then went back to $14.99 for a while, were now marked $7.54. That price ending in 4 seems to indicate a final clearance price, although it went out of system before and then re-emerged at another price. That's a strange one indeed.

I haven't seen any of the 360 games that were supposed to be clearanced at any Target since the markdowns supposedly began. It's like they all vanished.

I hit up a Target 20 miles from my normal one - NO Wii or 360 titles on clearance there either, and they do have a much better stock of the ones everyone else is seeing. I don't know what's going on here...

SC: DA and Hitman: Blood Money, both PC, are on clearance for $20.xx.

Hope they reach $7.xx, would love both at that price.

My Target (one of them) has:

Wii

Monster Truck 4x4 $34.98 x2
Chicken Little $27.98 x6

On a side note...

One of my the Best Buy stores in my area has 25% off these games:

Wii

Ant Bully
Ice Age 2
Metal Stug Anthology!! (this makes it $29.99, and if you use the $5 off coupon...)

[quote name='unicron129']anyone in the boston area found any transformers clearanced at less than $20? (looking for primus and metroplex mostly)[/quote]

Primus is long gone from Targets. Seen Metroplex and Prime for $27.98, no less. Bought Menasor for 12.48 on Monday.

Still no 360 or Wii games on clearance here. Danny Phantom DS is stuck for its second full week at 13.98. There are enough of them that I'm not biting. Yet.

[quote name='blandstalker']Primus is long gone from Targets. Seen Metroplex and Prime for $27.98, no less. Bought Menasor for 12.48 on Monday.

Still no 360 or Wii games on clearance here. Danny Phantom DS is stuck for its second full week at 13.98. There are enough of them that I'm not biting. Yet.[/quote]

Metroplex and prime... You mean the $49.99 Optimus Prime? Has that actually gone down? I think I'll jump on that. Will it ever go down any further?

Interesting...

It seems my Target still has about 3 copies of Viewtiful Joe DS but they're now locked up in the DS display case. I saw them lined up in the "overstock" in the bottom of the case. I didn't have time to wait around for someone to come over to electroics but I wonder what would happen if I tried to buy them?

I wonder if management got wind of them ringing up $0.00 so they stuck them in there. BTW for KC area CAGers this was the Target off of I-35 and Choteau Trafficway.

[quote name='manthing']Saw :ds: Danny Phantom for $9.98 yesterday. Still too much IMO. Maybe if it hits 75% off...[/QUOTE]
I bit on that price yesterday. My son's birthday is coming up.

Also picked up a name-your-price Viewtiful Joe DS. The cashier was confused on what to do, but the manager took care of it.

Saw two copies of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne for 4.98, so I got one of those...

Also saw these in the 2x.xx range (waiting for them to drop)

Hitman Blood Money
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Splinter Cell Double Agent

Doom 3 for 13.98 (want it down to atleast 7.98)

my target further dropped the price of 2 wii games today, and i bit...

chicken little - 19.98
everyone seems to say it's good... i figured for 1/2 price, it was worth a shot

monster 4x4 - 24.98
the steering wheel alone is $20, so this is like a $5 game... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back