The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Yes, it will, but good luck finding a clearance game at wal-mart or k-mart. IF you do, it'll likely be a YMMV deal.

Wshakspear, one of the Targets near me had the deluxe starter sets (with ten figures) of the first set of Marvel HeroClix on clearance for $9.98 (originally $19.99) in the toys section. I didn't see any of the booster packs, but if your interested in the Marvel ones, you might want to look into one of those deluxe starter sets.

I actually had a nice conversation with an electronics employee today. He even pointed out a few clearance games in a different aisle that I hadn't noticed. Nothing too great though. The poor guy said he was waiting for some Gamecubes to come in since he had preodered Pokemon Colloseum. You know things are sad when an employee can't even get a system.

[quote name='drfrielgood']WHOO, yeah, 100 posts. Only a genius could justice to this milestone achievement.[/quote]

actually, there was two problems with him saying that. He meant 1000 psosts for the thread, and he himself only had 98 posts at that time. oops.

and thanks for clix info.

Why is it that my Target has no deals? It's evil I tell you, EVIL!!!

Portland, OR

I checked the Target at Mall 205 yesterday since I was in the area. Still nothing too great. Still a lot of copies of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for PSX clearanced at $14. I also noticed a lot of copies of World Series Baseball 2K3 for XBOX clearanced at $15, which is a new clearance find, but nothing amazing.

[quote name='XCutioner93']My local Target stores don't have any of these deals. Why, Target, why?[/quote]

Because the cheap ass gods hate you. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.

Or perhaps another CAG beat you to them.

[quote name='squeakycleanskater4']Why is it that my Target has no deals? It's evil I tell you, EVIL!!![/quote]

You're unlucky, just like me. The only two things I've found were RE: Code Veronica X for $4.38 (last one) and Neverwinter Nights for $7.48.

i don't fully understand the "process"...is it this? :

you scan your list of upc codes, and when you get a price on something you want, then ask one of the workers to get that game out of the case and scan it? or do you go scan it yourself after they get it out for you?

will this ever happen: your barcode price (when you scanned it) doesn't match the price they scan for?

thanks in advance :D

[quote name='swetooth9']i don't fully understand the "process"...is it this? :

you scan your list of upc codes, and when you get a price on something you want, then ask one of the workers to get that game out of the case and scan it? or do you go scan it yourself after they get it out for you?

will this ever happen: your barcode price (when you scanned it) doesn't match the price they scan for?

thanks in advance :D[/quote]

Whatever prices come up when you scan your list of UPC's are the actual prices. If the price comes up as $0.00, then a Target employee will have to check the UPC with their price-checking gun in order to give you a price. Once you figure out which games you want, you have to make sure that they're in-stock - otherwise, you can't get them. It doesn't matter whether you scan the UPC's or an employee does.

"Whatever prices come up when you scan your list of UPC's are the actual prices. If the price comes up as $0.00, then a Target employee will have to check the UPC with their price-checking gun in order to give you a price. Once you figure out which games you want, you have to make sure that they're in-stock - otherwise, you can't get them. It doesn't matter whether you scan the UPC's or an employee does."

but if it doesn't matter if i scan the upc's or the employee...how would they give me a price on their price checking gun if the item is 0.00

wouldn't the price from the scanner i used and the price that the gun gets be the same...how would they get a price?

[quote name='swetooth9']"Whatever prices come up when you scan your list of UPC's are the actual prices. If the price comes up as $0.00, then a Target employee will have to check the UPC with their price-checking gun in order to give you a price. Once you figure out which games you want, you have to make sure that they're in-stock - otherwise, you can't get them. It doesn't matter whether you scan the UPC's or an employee does."

but if it doesn't matter if i scan the upc's or the employee...how would they give me a price on their price checking gun if the item is 0.00

wouldn't the price from the scanner i used and the price that the gun gets be the same...how would they get a price?[/quote]

When it scans as $0, what they then check is the last-sold-at price. As I understand it (and this is partly speculation), when they think an item is out of stock, they zero it out, but sometimes, for whatever reason, there are one or two actually remaining in the store (perhaps returns, or just misplaced stock). The last-sold-at price will be that store's final clearance price (which may or may not be as low as another Target's final clearance price).

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='swetooth9']"Whatever prices come up when you scan your list of UPC's are the actual prices. If the price comes up as $0.00, then a Target employee will have to check the UPC with their price-checking gun in order to give you a price. Once you figure out which games you want, you have to make sure that they're in-stock - otherwise, you can't get them. It doesn't matter whether you scan the UPC's or an employee does."

wouldn't the price from the scanner i used and the price that the gun gets be the same...how would they get a price?[/quote]

When it scans as $0, what they then check is the last-sold-at price. As I understand it (and this is partly speculation), when they think an item is out of stock, they zero it out, but sometimes, for whatever reason, there are one or two actually remaining in the store (perhaps returns, or just misplaced stock). The last-sold-at price will be that store's final clearance price (which may or may not be as low as another Target's final clearance price).[/quote]

I haven't come up with a game that scans at 0.00. When I scanned them it displayed that the item could not be found. Then you have to go up to an employee who has a Price Gun, which will tell you what the last price the game was before it was taken out of the system. Good thing for those scanners too, otherwise we would be paying a lot more for those games.

P.S. I just picked up Arc The Lad for PS2 at the North Miami Target for $6.58. Good thing that I know the employee that works there. He was keeping it behind the counter and mentioned that he had it and let me buy it.

At the target I usually go to get my clearanced games my friend who's employed there let me know that they were told to "no longer sell games that ring up as salvaged..." aka : 0.00. I asked her why and she said she wasn't entirely sure..but if thats true that'll really blow. She said she'd run the price gun over it anyway and the game that was originaly 7.48 ended up being 2.48 instead of the 0.00 price.

Thousand Oaks, CA - picked up Gamecube Def Jam Vendetta for 9.98, only copy they had. I got excited when I saw a bunch of green cases in the clearance section but they turned out to all be 2K3 Xbox sports games priced at $15-$20. Pretty lame. I also had Fuzion Frenzy scanned but it came out at $20. So not much going on there, this week.

I've had the same problem with the 0.00 games and managers not allowing them to be sold. I was told they get donated to a charity organization. If they get 'donated' to a charity, Target gets to write off the entire cost of the product, which is much more than the 2.48 and 7.48 prices we've been getting so I can understand why they would rather not sell them at thet point.

bmulligan, if that's the case, what's the point of Target even selling it at Clearance prices....why wouldn't they simply donate them as soon as Clearance time comes around? I think that as often as they donate, that they simply smash them out back and get the insurance for the "salvage"

[quote name='lurknomore']bmulligan, if that's the case, what's the point of Target even selling it at Clearance prices....why wouldn't they simply donate them as soon as Clearance time comes around? I think that as often as they donate, that they simply smash them out back and get the insurance for the "salvage"[/quote]

I think there's some law (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) where if a store puts an item on a shelf for sale and you want to buy it, they are obligated to sell to you. Even if it isn't a law, it's a cheap way for them to make a happy customer.

[quote name='bmulligan']I've had the same problem with the 0.00 games and managers not allowing them to be sold. I was told they get donated to a charity organization. If they get 'donated' to a charity, Target gets to write off the entire cost of the product, which is much more than the 2.48 and 7.48 prices we've been getting so I can understand why they would rather not sell them at thet point.[/quote]

I can clarify this as I worked at Target for about 1 year.
Target doesn't donate clearance stuff. If you were to go around a target you would come across a lot of clearance stuff. The only stuff that goes back is the stuff that customers return due to a defect. I remember when I was working there a few customers returning PS2's back due to them being damaged. They just send it back to the dealer and get the full credit. Otherwise anyone can purchase them if its just a return. That's why they don't take returns on things that have been opened anymore. They just don't want to go through the hasstle of processing the damaged goods.

Milwaukee, WI

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GC) - 2.54
Unlimited Saga (PS2) - 6.54
Pirates of the Carribian (XB) - 20.98
Indiana Joans (XB) - 20.98

I picked up Harry Potter for my sis and Ulimited for myself, I would have picked up the others, but I have them. Not to shabby, at least Unlimited and Harry Potter's price.

Incase noone has mentioned.

Target - Chicago burbs

Soul Calibur II (cube) - $26.99
Max Payne 2 (xbox) - $26.99

Not the cheapest, but great values if you ask me. They are mark downs not hidden scan deals.

Allrighty then some more clearnace games coming your way from Georgia! Oh yeah I have found out what games will soon be in the clearnce racks. My target marks a high but somewhat off of the price sticker on the games. On the sticker it will have a code on it 3 sets of numbers. Etc 207 56 608. This is the clearce code for it. This is the start of the clearence. Its a white sticker at first. After a week it gets the red sticker with same code and a price drop. Still above ten at this point. The next week same sticker but price drop 6-7. Next week price drop to 2-3. next week price drop to 0.00
. Were what I found at my target!

Gaineville Ga

x-box PHs Xuya? Wreckless 9.00
ps2 make payne 2 26.88
Ps2 Gh's Sly copper thevies racoones 13.XX
Ps2 GH Xeno Saga 13.xx
Ps2 Harry potter and the sorcerers stone (soon to be clearnce. Has stickers on it with clearence codes but not in effect yet)
(watch for these in the next few weeks to drop below ten. They have clearnce stickers on them but not the red ones yet. Whole bunch of both at gaineville Ga target)

Lawrenceville Target

Chaos Legion .98 still there last time I looked!

Um, hockey? That's just the item code. Everything has them in the store. Soda, patio sets, everything. Red means clearance, white means regular.

[quote name='Gojtron']Um, hockey? That's just the item code. Everything has them in the store. Soda, patio sets, everything. Red means clearance, white means regular.[/quote]

There is a difference though. If you find a game with a clearnce sticker on it's at the top of the clearence sticker. Before any major price drops it's a "white sticker" with the item code up top. Well yes I guess it is the items number. Anyways normal products don't have the iterm number on the stickers on the front. The clearence have a sticker on it with the code/item number at the top and on the front of the prouduct. Its kinda hard to explain with out looking at one. After it sits for a week? with this type sticker on it they make a major price cut on it and put the "red clearence" stickers to it. But to know whats coming up find the white stickered ones "with the code" to know that in a few weeks you may find it for lees then 10. I thought it might help. If not oh well. I know what I was trying to say at least. It helps me find the deals for the next week. :) If it don't help sorry.

Ithaca- Kill.switch Xbox 29.99

I don't know if it's a week deal, price lowerage, or just clearance but it's a step towards the 19.99 price point that everyone wants it to be at.

I just scored the psone car adaptor for 4.98.

Found 2 with a 29.98 red sticker on it and then 4 more in the controller section with there normal $40 price tag. Went to scan it and it came up at 4.98. I was going to get one anyways next week as i have a road trip comming up in april.

They had a few clearence pc games but nothing of intrest to me.

Master of orion 3 was there but when scanned it came up with nothing.
hitman 2 (gc) 17.98
and the car adaptor for 4.98

At the Round rock texas target

ohhh CC in round rock also had 2 lcd psone combos at $99.

Miamisburg, OH

A few PC Games I noticed: (Prices are not precise to the penny)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 - $4.98
Command and Conquer: Generals - $14.98
Tribes 2 - $6.98
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $9.98
Diablo II Battlechest - $19.98
Homeworld - $6.98
Homeworld 2 - $20.98
XIII - $20.98

They had a pretty good selection. This is just what I can remember. They are back in the electronics/toys section, not the media with the full price games.

why when i scanned my printed barcodes...some of them say that the item cannot be scanned...some of them do...but the prices are normal ones...over half of the game upcs i printed out could not be read by the scanners...

If anyone's checking Target anytime soon, could you scan the Karaoke Revolution w/ microphone bundle? It's been out for quite awhile, and every target I've been to seems to have them.

i did print them out as clearly as possible...it's just that the scanner read some of the items and gave the item name and price...but for other games like amplitude and arc the lad...it didn't recognize them...

also for the ones that were scanned...they were normal prices :(

this may have been posted on another forum (I think) but I checked out the Hackensack NJ Target and they have DualShock 2 controllers (Slate Grey only) for $3.14 each. I bought a few, but there are still at least 5 left.

You guys are freaking lucky. I swear, my local Target literally has a small plastic bucket on their back shelves of games that has utterly crappy games in it...not even that cheap for a clearance area. A bunch of PC ABC Learning games or something...and like Elder Scrolls 3 for 9.99...not even that great of deals. Local Target = teh suxorz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back