The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='bmulligan']Yeah, speaking of the PS2 controllers, I was at 3 targets today and none of the Dual Shock 2 clear grey controllers were on sale. They were regular price, 24.99 ea. Are these the ones supposedly on sale, or are they the PS1 Dual Shock (not DualShock 2) ?[/quote]

THis deal is definitely YMMV; apparently no one cane find this deal anywhere in the southeast, and most of the people who are getting them for $6.xx are on the west coast or north east.

BOOO!!!

Yep, YMMV for sure. I still have to check the Targets around me for that Slate Gray PS2 controller, I'm really in need of a second controller right now.

At Jantzen Beach Super Center, Portland, OR:

In the Gamecube case, there was one copy of Hitman 2 at $12.48. That was it. Better than nothing, I guess.

I was there at 7:00 pm last night (3/17) and didn't buy it, so it might still be there if any Portland area CAGers want it. Btw, the PS2 version was not on clearance and still $19.99.

Novato, CA Clearances, for those who care:

Mortal kombat deadly alliance gamecube 9.98
Ps1 auto adapter 9.98
Gba tiger woods pga golf tour 13.98
Neverwinter nights 14.98 10 or 15 copies
Enter the Matrix PC have twentydollar bills taped to the cover in a sly attempt to get somebody somewhere to accidently install the steaming
pile of fetid pig vomit.

Console clearances are on the endcap facing the photo lab.

if anyone wants to trade for any slate gray ps2 controllers, i might be able to get some and trade...im looking for these games:

1. amplitude (i've heard you can get this at target for like $6-7)
2. arc the lad (target for $6-7)

*i want these games b/c i couldn't find these deals at my local target...pm me if you want to talk*

I would really like to know where do you guys find the games for $5.00 or less? At my target, all they have are the new games on the glass shelves and then the greatest/platinum hits/player choice section for each at around $19.99. Where on earth do you find those $5.00 ones!?

Probably been mentioned before, but I didn't have time to look through 56 pages of posts.

Stuntman for PS2 is $4.98. Picked up one yesterday in Eugene OR.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I would really like to know where do you guys find the games for $5.00 or less? At my target, all they have are the new games on the glass shelves and then the greatest/platinum hits/player choice section for each at around $19.99. Where on earth do you find those $5.00 ones!?[/quote]

At the Target I go to, the clearence games are on the aisle with the controllers and accesories. They are mixed in with the Greatest Hits and Platnium games. Generally, they do not have clearence stickers. I take what I am interested in, go to a scanner and scan them, if they ring up $0.00, they are clearence and will ring up at the register for $4.98. Sometimes they have white price stickers, generally saying $29.99. These prices are generally right, though I did find a mess of games marked $29.99 scanning at $19.99. Just look through that section of games, any non greatest hits that you are interested in, take them to a scanner and see what they scan at.

sillie... walk around the perimeter of the store, checking the endcaps facing away from the major aisles for collections of clearance items. At our Target, most are there. Sometimes, games are on a shelf in the vidgame section, but the deep discount items are often on an endcap. Our PC titles are usually in the PC section though. I don't understand the criteria for removing the Neverwinter Nights and leaving the Wolvies, Assburger Tycoons, and whatever else they had sitting to one side amongst the PC stuff.

A year-old sports title, but couldn't pass it up:

NBA Live 2003 (GCN), $4.98, Lennox Target, Columbus OH. 50+ copies remaining so plenty to go around. Clearance rack on the opposite side of the videogame isle.

darn about the 20s(i would just buy and return anyways) but thx for the deals and reminding us(me) to check the endcaps. I used to check near the photo place but i forgot

I haven't found any good Target deals in way too long...last summer I managed to get Gungrave for $3.75 and Gunvalkyrie for $7.50. Everything else posted here, my shitty Target passes by, or so it seems.

^^^ So if I went to Target and asked for this Portable DVD player, it wil be available for $45? Why was it in the backstocked stockroom anyyways, and not on the floor?

[quote name='Requiem']^^^ So if I went to Target and asked for this Portable DVD player, it wil be available for $45? Why was it in the backstocked stockroom anyyways, and not on the floor?[/quote]

Probably not man, that sounds like an oversight on the price teams part. See, Target has a "price team" or at least this was the case about 3 years ago when I worked there. Among their many duties is to go around and specifically mark items that are clearenced and pull them from the backstock room. If an item is not scanned into the location in the stockroom correctly, then they probably didn't even know they were there, hence unable to pull them, mark them and put them out as clearence items.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='chosen1s']What is so freaking important in this thread that there are over 1,000 posts? No, I'm not reading through 55 pages of it to figure it out.[/quote]

I will be over your house today, around 3-ish?

You will receive a mighty punch right in the old coin purse.

Look forward to seeing you then.

If you are unavailable at this time please call so that we may reschedule.[/quote]

Wow. Uh, violence therapy anyone?

I was at Target yesterday.... I only found XIII for 13 for PC... And a few other sucky games like Big Mutha Truckers for 6.88.

I checked for the PS1/LCD combo, and they didnt even have it, they had like 15 copies or Max Payne 2, so no rain check there, same with Halo.... They didnt have Futurama Vol.3 there, so i had to go to Wal Mart...Geez, normally we got a pretty good deal Target,but not yesterday...

Will anyone be able to pick me a PS1/LCD combo up? I can work out the details in a PM or something.

OR Could someone use there Max Payne 2 raincheck to get MGS:TTS for GC for 22 or so? I could make out details with anyone on that too...

I was in Target last week and spotted one copy of IndyCar Series for XBox at $20.98. I went in today and scanned my barcode sheet and discovered it was lowered to $14.98. I went over to see if it was still there. It was. Well, the cover and instruction booklet were. Some freak-ass stole the damn disk. Ahh. So sad.

I just went to the Target on Walzem in San Antonion (visting grandparents) and there is NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. ZIP. The only thing worth mentioning is the universal Max Payne 2 lower to 26 bucks and TMNT (PC) for 13 bucks. Sad sad sad.

Absolutely nothing this week. Infact, the clearance area near the photo area looked like a goddamn war zone. No Doubt CD cases on top of opened Black and White games. Broken children's books being smothered by a sea of cell phone cases.

plz inform me as i have been gone from this site since christmas (i had to buy other things) whats this PS1/LCD combo deal and tell me more about the DVD player

[quote name='cegha']plz inform me as i have been gone from this site since christmas (i had to buy other things) whats this PS1/LCD combo deal and tell me more about the DVD player[/quote]

PS1/LCD Combo Pack (Seafoam Green Box) - Retail $149.99, Clearance Price $37.48

As far as the DVD player, I havnt heard or seen anyone but the Target employees talk about it, so I think that was mega YMMV.

[quote name='terribledeli']Absolutely nothing this week. Infact, the clearance area near the photo area looked like a goddamn war zone. No Doubt CD cases on top of opened Black and White games. Broken children's books being smothered by a sea of cell phone cases.[/quote]

Where is the clearence section at Target?

[quote name='Lord Hamm'][quote name='terribledeli']Absolutely nothing this week. Infact, the clearance area near the photo area looked like a goddamn war zone. No Doubt CD cases on top of opened Black and White games. Broken children's books being smothered by a sea of cell phone cases.[/quote]

Where is the clearence section at Target?[/quote]

They vary by store. It may be the easiest to ask somebody in the game area.

the dvd player was originally clearanced to $137 as i found about by searching the web. but apparently the ones at my store never got marked down, so they stayed in the back, with the numbers of the dvd player marked down, but never put on the actual product, so each time it got put in the system as marked down, the product never got touched. so thats y it became so low priced, and finally discovered, thank god.

Saw a few new clearances today, including:

I-Ninja (GCN) $20.98
MLB 2004 (PS2) $14.98
Final Four 2004 (PS2) $14.98
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) $14.98
Tony Hawk 4 (GCN) $9.98

And that's all I can remember. Also, a local Target had a couple slate gray controllers. The controllers had a regular white price sticker that read $6.24. When I scanned them, however, they came up as $24.99. They were in the current yellow packaging. Any reason for this discrepency?

Dude, go back and buy them if you want them. At Target, if the product is stickered at a certain price, the store policy is to give it to you at that price, regardless of what it scans at. I've literally seen people pick something up at the cash register off of a game sale rack(1080 Avalanche) that was sitting in a $14.99 spot. It had been stocked in the wrong place, and the manager told the cashier to give it to the guy for the $14.99 price.

is there any coupon or anything i need to purchase the PS1/LCD combo for $37?? wow i would love to see a game somewhere like on a $14.99 shelf and actually buy it for that.

At my local Target in Charlotte, NC I found the follwing

Haunted Mansion-XBox 9.98
Hack-Outbreak-PS2 14.98
I-Ninja-GC-14.98
SSX Tricky-GC-4.98

:?: How can I take advantage of a raincheck if there is no sale/reduction for any games for this week's (3/21-3-27) ads for target?....I wanted to get Ninja Gaiden or another newer release cheap and didn't see any sales? Any alternatives, Please advise....

[quote name='cruzincontrol']:?: How can I take advantage of a raincheck if there is no sale/reduction for any games for this week's (3/21-3-27) ads for target?....I wanted to get Ninja Gaiden or another newer release cheap and didn't see any sales? Any alternatives, Please advise....[/quote]

You cant do anything then. You have to wait untill they have a game on sale. Like for example when Max Payne was 26.88... I mean just getting rainchecks on things like KillZone at 24% off helps... I am gonna get MGS:TTS for 30 with that 24% off.. Not a great deal, but helps me save a few bucks... (My Target had a good 20 copies of the on sale MP2, and they had 3,4 Halos left, so I couldnt get the 46%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back