The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

At my target in Pasadena, CA

Tony Hawk 4 (GC) 14.98
I-Ninja (GC) 20.98
SSX Tricky (GC) 6.98

I picked up SSX Tricky and I-Ninja. Somehow she scanned SSX tricky first and then I-Ninja but it just came up as 2xGAMECUBE VALUE so somehow I got them both for 6.98 but im sure I-Ninja should have rang up at 20.98 cuz I checked the UPC at a price check station. Other games they had in the bargain pile (behind the glass) were Mario sunshine, Defjam Vendetta, Hulk, and some 2k3 EB sports games, but I dont have prices on those.

frontpicaltec.jpg

me gots that for 19.99 at target!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH...from 49.99!!!!!...that thing is HUGE!!!! AND IT"S SHAPED LIKE AN ATOMIC BOMB!!! WHICH IS HILARIOUS!!!!!...i gotta say..my still head hurts from all that bass sounds....the target in Raleigh NC, on MillbrookRoad is doing their inventory or something...and they have sliced prices on lots of stuff....some new games are 10 bucks cheaper...and lots of assesories are cheap....like that thing up there^ :roll:

[quote name='erniecars']At my target in Pasadena, CA

Tony Hawk 4 (GC) 14.98
I-Ninja (GC) 20.98
SSX Tricky (GC) 6.98[/quote]

I hope you know that you actually paid more than MSRP for I-Ninja. I-Ninja is $19.99 everywhere else, lol

[quote name='Wario64']
I hope you know that you actually paid more than MSRP for I-Ninja. I-Ninja is $19.99 everywhere else, lol[/quote]

Uh... maybe you should read my post again... I paid 6.98 for I-Ninja. But I guess I almost paid more than MSRP...

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']
frontpicaltec.jpg

me gots that for 19.99 at target!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH...from 49.99!!!!!...that thing is HUGE!!!! AND IT"S SHAPED LIKE AN ATOMIC BOMB!!! WHICH IS HILARIOUS!!!!!...i gotta say..my still head hurts from all that bass sounds....the target in Raleigh NC, on MillbrookRoad is doing their inventory or something...and they have sliced prices on lots of stuff....some new games are 10 bucks cheaper...and lots of assesories are cheap....like that thing up there^ :roll:[/quote]

My brother bought that for 40! That thing's boss! :shock:

From the Super Target in Cordova, TN (just think Memphis)

Test Drive 5 ~3.50
Pinobee (PS1) ~5.00
Activision Classics (PS1) ~3.50
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (PS1) ~5.00
NHL Hitz Pro (GC?) ~15.00 (not that great of a deal since I think it's 10 at some online site)

Don't remember the exact prices so 3.50 may be something like 3.28. Still a good deal though. Quite a few of each in stock.

Got back from the target at Mall 205 in Portland, Oregon.

Soviet Strike(PS1) $3.74 - lots of copies left too

Neverwinter Nights $14.99

Spiderman(PC) $6.99 - The older game
Spiderman The Movie(PC) $9.99

Freedom Fighters(PC) $9.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (GBA) $4.98

Mega Man Legends & All-Star Racing Bundle Pack (PS1) $4.24

Street Figher Alpha 3 (PS1) $3.74

PSONE Car Adapter $9.98

Milwaukee, WI

Max Payne-Xbox:13.XX
I-Ninja-GC:14.XX
The Hobbit-GC:14.XX
Armed and Dangerous-PC:20.XX

[quote name='Raiden_MGS3']X-Box games Star Wars Jedi Outcast and NCAA Football 2003 are now at 6.58[/quote]

Weird-

I printed out a UPC symbol for Jedi Outcast and when I was shopping at Target I scanned it and it came up as "XBOX VALUE SOFT $7.48" so I had the clerk get me one out of the case, but the game itself scanned at $49.99.

This is the first time something like that has happened to me. The clerk scanned it a few times, too.

[quote name='ft'][quote name='Raiden_MGS3']X-Box games Star Wars Jedi Outcast and NCAA Football 2003 are now at 6.58[/quote]

Weird-

I printed out a UPC symbol for Jedi Outcast and when I was shopping at Target I scanned it and it came up as "XBOX VALUE SOFT $7.48" so I had the clerk get me one out of the case, but the game itself scanned at $49.99.

This is the first time something like that has happened to me. The clerk scanned it a few times, too.[/quote]

What happened is the game is in Target's comptuer system at that price, but the price change team has been slacking and haven't activated it yet. Sounds like they're really behind too, as that game was price cut to 29.99 a few months ago and then finally went 50 percent clearance last month

[quote name='Raiden_MGS3']X-Box games Star Wars Jedi Outcast now at 6.58[/quote]

I can't find a Target near me that still has this game. :x

bmulligan, I work across the street from that Target at the Best Buy so I usually stop in once a week or so. There's still one set left if nobody else has picked it up.

went to 2 targets

planetside - $12.48
mad catz dance pad ps2 - $9.98 at niagrafalls blvd (2 left) 13.48 in orchard park (4 or 5 left)

[quote name='josh33_unc']XBOX DROPPED TO $149 ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 31ST AT TARGET IN WESTERN KY WHERE I WORK[/quote]

It dropped at eveyone's Target.

[quote name='josh33_unc']XBOX DROPPED TO $149 ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 31ST AT TARGET IN WESTERN KY WHERE I WORK[/quote]

It dropped to $149 everywhere in the country on Tuesday dude. Kinda a well known fact. Not really a clearance item either.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (GCN) $4.98 at the North Druid Hills Greatland Target in Atlanta. I got the last two that I saw, but there might be more.

Grabbed a couple of good deals tonight. The Hulk gc was $7.58, and Auto Modellista ps2 was $6.58. I grabbed the last copy of each (Montgomery, AL). Scanned Def Jam Vendetta ps2 and Splinter Cell gc while I was there, and they showed $19.99 and $12.48 respectively.

i have no idea how u guys keep getting these deals, ive been to two targets in my area and both have games at regular prices. are the prices mis marked or something? do i need to get employees to price check em? help?

[quote name='EggViper']i have no idea how u guys keep getting these deals, ive been to two targets in my area and both have games at regular prices. are the prices mis marked or something? do i need to get employees to price check em? help?[/quote]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always price check never go by what the tagged price says. If your Target has the new scanners you can then just write down the 9 digit item code(located under the name and price on the tag) and punch it into the scanner without having to hunt down a moronic employee that knows nothing about games or electronics for that matter.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='EggViper']i have no idea how u guys keep getting these deals, ive been to two targets in my area and both have games at regular prices. are the prices mis marked or something? do i need to get employees to price check em? help?[/quote]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always price check never go by what the tagged price says. If your Target has the new scanners you can then just write down the 9 digit item code(located under the name and price on the tag) and punch it into the scanner without having to hunt down a moronic employee that knows nothing about games or electronics for that matter.[/quote]

Also check for a CLEARANCE section on one of the endcaps in the electronics section. Many Targets pile up the games being clearanced there. This is NOT the same as the Value Games section where they stick some of the cheaper (GH, PC, PH) but not clearanced games. I made the mistake of thinking my target had no deals but I thought the Value games section was the clearance section. And many times as already said, Targets are not on top of the pricing, so you have to get it scanned even if it says regular price.

I found some more PC games when I went to the Target in Orange City, FL.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy - $25
Mechwarrior 4 - $10
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - $10
The Hulk - $10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $10
Spiderman the movie - $10

I never find any of the clearance deals at my Target. Does anyone here go to the Hanover or Fairfield Target stores in NJ?

[quote name='THPS']I never find any of the clearance deals at my Target. Does anyone here go to the Hanover or Fairfield Target stores in NJ?[/quote]

You don't need any. That is if your the same THPS that won twice on VideoGameDeals.com. Just kidding, congrats for winning twice. Hey just keep looking, and take a list with you, you will find some.

Yes I am the same THPS that won twice at VGD. ^_^ Anyway, it could be that I am just too late. Also, not all Target stores are going to have all the games listed. I understand that, I was just wondering if anyone else goes to those Target stores. Maybe they would have some tips as to where Target hides their clearance games.

Aliens vs Predator Extinction (XBOX) was $6.48 @ Target in University Heights, OH. I also saw World Series Baseball 2K3 for $6.48. There also was a lot of clearance PC games (Tomb Raider 5- 5.04)

[quote name='Raiden_MGS3']This is a YMMV one, but the Platinum Hits edition of NBA Street vol. 2 for the X-Box scanned for 4.98 at my Target.[/quote]

i just checked my local target (westminster, CA) and it scanned at $19.99 :(

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']
frontpicaltec.jpg

me gots that for 19.99 at target!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH...from 49.99!!!!!...that thing is HUGE!!!! AND IT"S SHAPED LIKE AN ATOMIC BOMB!!! WHICH IS HILARIOUS!!!!!...i gotta say..my still head hurts from all that bass sounds....the target in Raleigh NC, on MillbrookRoad is doing their inventory or something...and they have sliced prices on lots of stuff....some new games are 10 bucks cheaper...and lots of assesories are cheap....like that thing up there^ :roll:[/quote]

there were at least 3 of these at the westminster, CA target.

Just picked up:

Midnight Club II (xbox) $7.48 only one
Medal of Honor Frontline (GC) $4.98 couple of copies.
They also had Alien vs. Predator (xbox) $7.48 and a bunch of other games in the $14.98-$20.98 range. Will go back to check and see if they're priced lower.
This was in the Aventura, FL. store.

You people are so lucky. I tried my Target today and Test Drive 5 was $20 instead of $3.XX and Medal of Honor was also $20. Oh well. I could just use a rain check on Medal of Honor and get it for $10. I have been wanting that game forever.

i went to target to look through their clearance games and i found one (Iron Storm - PC) that wouldn't scan in any machine. i took it to the cashier and they couldn't scan it in there either. they told me to take it to customer service and they should be able to scan in a price for me. when i took it to cs, they scanned it and it was only $1.26! not bad for a first person/third person shooter that came out at the end of 2002 and got a 7.0 on gamespot.com.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ironstorm/review.html

East Windsor NJ

Black and White (PC)- $2.48

Oxford Valley, PA

World Series Baseball 2K3 (XBX)- $7.48
Exhibition Vol 3 (XBX)- $1.24
Command and Conquer Red Strike (PC)- $3.74
Pokemon Colesium Bonus Disc (GC)- $2.50

Princeton, NJ

Command and Conquer Red Strike (PC)- $3.74
Crazy Taxi (GBA)- $7.48

Menlo Park, NJ-