The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

for xboxers, speciffically Live ones, should check out carve. its a poor mans Waverace that doesnt look bad at all, is kinda fun, and is Live enabled. for 12.99, cant go wrong.

Picked up a stash this week at various Targets in the Cincinnati area.

Aliens vs Predator Xbox 7.48
Freedom Fighters PS2 7.48
Wreckless Xbox 4.98
I -Ninja GC 7.48
Starcraft PC 2.48
.Hack 3 PS2 7.48
Dark Cloud 2 PS2 7.48
Silent Hill 3 PS2 7.48
Brute Force Xbox 9.98

Was just in Target and saw Downhill Domination for $7.48. This game is kinda like SSX, but on BMX bikes. Good graphics and fast gameplay. My kids love this game. Grab a copy if you can find it. If you like games like SSX, you'll like this one also.

Damn, I just paid $15 for this last week at Best Buy.

[quote name='hohndog']Was just in Target and saw Downhill Domination for $7.48. This game is kinda like SSX, but on BMX bikes. Good graphics and fast gameplay. My kids love this game. Grab a copy if you can find it. If you like games like SSX, you'll like this one also.[/quote]

Hickory Hollow (Nashville), TN Target:

Neverwinter Nights (PC, big box) $3.74. 3 copies left.
Max Payne (Xbox, PH) $4.98. 1 copy left.
Riding Spirits (PS2) $9.08. 1 copy left.
Vexx (Xbox) $10ish. 1 copy left.

I only bought NwN and MP, but I figured I'd mention the others in case a fellow Nashvillain is interested. I passed MP up at $10 a bunch of times, and it finally got lowered, yes.

[quote name='jousley']Picked up a stash this week at various Targets in the Cincinnati area.

Aliens vs Predator Xbox 7.48
Freedom Fighters PS2 7.48
Wreckless Xbox 4.98
I -Ninja GC 7.48
Starcraft PC 2.48
.Hack 3 PS2 7.48
Dark Cloud 2 PS2 7.48
Silent Hill 3 PS2 7.48
Brute Force Xbox 9.98[/quote]

What location was that at and did they have any Aliens Vs. Predator left?

[quote name='drfrielgood']I'm really hoping to find Splashdown 2 and Downhill Domination today...[/quote]

I can get you a Splahsdown 2 if you want! Would you be willing to trade? I was there today and didn't pick one up.....should've. PM me if interested.

I did see a copy or two of Prince of Persia (NGC) at a target around here, but it was $20.98. I already have it on Xbox, but I STILL felt like getting a copy of it....such a wonderful game.

Ahhhhhhh, I found a Splashdown today, scanned it, and it came up $13.98 instead of $9.98. That's only like a dollar less than Best Buy so I passed. No Downhill Dominations anywhere.

[quote name='hohndog']Was just in Target and saw Downhill Domination for $7.48. This game is kinda like SSX, but on BMX bikes. Good graphics and fast gameplay. My kids love this game. Grab a copy if you can find it. If you like games like SSX, you'll like this one also.[/quote]

Decent game, but those aren't BMX's, they're downhill mountain bikes, big difference.

My Target completly rdid its section where the clearence games once were, so no clarence games (that I could see).

I did see tons of FF: O but they were still $29.99 :(

Scored Breakdown today in Westbury Long Island (NY). No price in case, but scans the sale price of $19.99. Last copy.

Plymouth Meeting, PA

Mad Catz DDR Dance Pad - $4.98 (didn't get it since I have enough DDR pads)

TI-83 Calculator Case - $1.98 was $7.99 (Semi gaming related since you can play games on the calculator)

Seven or eight Silent Hill 3s at Ford City Target Chicago...for 7.98. Picked up an extra if anyones looking to trade...also found two copies of Fatal Frame 2 at the Ford City Best Buy...YAY!

does anyone happen to see copies of the hulk for 7.50 for the Gamecube?
i'd really like a copy..my local targets never have any of the good clearance deals

Sim City 4 - $9.98
Sim Golf - $4.98

The Target on... Uh... I don't know. Out on Two Notch near Columbia, SC.

On an unrelated note...

My local Best Buy got in two copies of Fatal Frame 2, but both were immediately put on employee hold by people I knew. Meh. One's going to a person that doesn't even own a PS2. That's just painful. :)

-Hoshi

[quote name='hoshi']Sim City 4 - $9.98
Sim Golf - $4.98

The Target on... Uh... I don't know. Out on Two Notch near Columbia, SC.

On an unrelated note...

My local Best Buy got in two copies of Fatal Frame 2, but both were immediately put on employee hold by people I knew. Meh. One's going to a person that doesn't even own a PS2. That's just painful. :)

-Hoshi[/quote]
That sucks.... (remembers to hit ll BB's in aea to see if any new copies came in.)

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']some of these prices listed earlier in the post are bogus.[/quote]

Which one's? I ask because I have scored several of these deals.

:newbie:

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']some of these prices listed earlier in the post are bogus.[/quote]

Price changes are very common at Target, there are times when items can be on clearance, and then return to regular price on a whim (usually happens when a game goes to a Hits series).

All the prices are also specific to the Poster's Target store (and hence why it's requested that posters post specific store locations), and Your Milage May Vary.

I think Pickle is talking about Final Fantasy: Origins, which is still $29.99, at all the Target's I've been to anyways.

Can anyone confirm the FF: O clearance price?

what is with these penny guide things i see all the time? ive never bought a guide before but are places really selling them for just a penny? what else do you have to buy to get that price? i remember using the guide for majora's mask and just driving to wal mart every time i needed help. i figured that way i wouldnt be as dependant on the guide and would do most of it by myself

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='Stink_Pickle']some of these prices listed earlier in the post are bogus.[/quote]

Price changes are very common at Target, there are times when items can be on clearance, and then return to regular price on a whim (usually happens when a game goes to a Hits series).

All the prices are also specific to the Poster's Target store (and hence why it's requested that posters post specific store locations), and Your Mileage May Vary.[/quote]

Fixed it for you ;)

Lordopus, there were about 20 copies at our location yesterday. I only grabbed one, I wanted to give other CAGers a shot.

The Xenosaga guide is only one cent there also.

I almost posted Circuit City clearance finds in this thread. What a mess.

Need for Speed: HP2 - for PC: $6. Columbia, SC.

-Hoshi

I don't know if this is really considered "clearance", but I just picked up Final Fantasy Tactics for $14.99. Still seems kind of high, but it was the only Target store that I saw this one at (and I went to about 4 in the course of the past few days).

[quote name='Diiz']I don't know if this is really considered "clearance", but I just picked up Final Fantasy Tactics for $14.99. Still seems kind of high, but it was the only Target store that I saw this one at (and I went to about 4 in the course of the past few days).

thats MSRP

I hope everyone realizes coming in that this whole thread is YMMV. Every Target store is a little different, prices will be different, employees will be different. Just from the ones in my town, they differ greatly. I can only imagine that they will be different from other Targets outside my area as well.

[quote name='TheRaven']I hope everyone realizes coming in that this whole thread is YMMV. Every Target store is a little different, prices will be different, employees will be different. Just from the ones in my town, they differ greatly. I can only imagine that they will be different from other Targets outside my area as well.[/quote]

Exactly, the Target nearest me in the University Blvd area(Charlotte) has NWN on sale for $29. But the target on Albemarle RD, I saw on Clearence for 7.58. Same game, same packaging.

I only recall seeing xbox mentioned in an earlier post but saw Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2) for $14.98 in Houston. Multiple copies.

[quote name='CameronPhD']I only recall seeing xbox mentioned in an earlier post but saw Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2) for $14.98 in Houston. Multiple copies.[/quote]

did you scan it? It should ring up at $7.48

Yup. I scan anything that either has a red sticker or that I have read about on the board in which I may be interested. The store closest to me usually lags in dropping prices as quickly as others...a true example of ymmv. I know another one to check out if there's ever anything I just absolutely want when it pops up here (most recently got the great deals on DC2 and SH3 for PS2 while my nearby store still had them scanning at $29.99).

Boktai(GBA) - 9.98
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue(GBA) - 9.98
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White(GBA) - 9.98
Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy(PS2) - 19.98

Ugh, would love to get Boktai at 9.98...did find the following at Elston Target in Chicago

Dynasty Warrior 4 (PS2) - Multiple copies 14.98
Conflict Desert Storm (Xbox) - 14.98....snagged the last one.

[quote name='WSkywalker'][quote name='TheRaven']I hope everyone realizes coming in that this whole thread is YMMV. Every Target store is a little different, prices will be different, employees will be different. Just from the ones in my town, they differ greatly. I can only imagine that they will be different from other Targets outside my area as well.[/quote]

Exactly, the Target nearest me in the University Blvd area(Charlotte) has NWN on sale for $29. But the target on Albemarle RD, I saw on Clearence for 7.58. Same game, same packaging.[/quote]

I guess we are scopeing out the same Target's. I work near University & live about 5 mins from the Albermarle road location

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back