The Thomas Memorial OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your cat brak. :(
If you don't mind me asking , how old was he?

Our first cat passed away a few years ago. She too was a stray and was found in a dumpster by my aunt , who took her in. My aunt passed her on to us when she moved. We had her for almost 15 years. In hindsight , we should of had her put down , cause in her last month or so it was clear she was sick and was suffering.

Of the two cats we have now , our oldest is getting close to about the same age and is starting to show the same symptoms of old age. :(

[quote name='Brak']Thanks, guys.

I think the hardest part is that he had to be put to sleep because of a fucking cancerous sinus tumor.

Just one morning, suddenly, he had a big, hard lump on his forehead.

I'm not taking it so well, being that he didn't get to finish his life out, and being that my best friend got taken away from me.

I know what you mean.

Just remember that they have short lives, and you should make their lives as enjoyable as possible.

My cat was skin and bones when I found him (he was a stray), and was on death's doormat... So just keep in mind that your cat is lucky to have someone who loved her 'til the end.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your cat, Brak. I used to not like cats at all, but we found a stray kitten last year (similarly scrawny), who is now a natural part of our home. In a way, I think that helps create an attachment. Seeing a creature in need and taking care of it is a pretty special thing.

[quote name='Brak']Sometimes, when I'm feeling down, I search for "Godard on Spielberg" at Google.com. :)

The time he stole on Tarantino for "stealing" Bande à part was funny, as well. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, Spielberg is a hack ;)

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Okay Brak, I scanned these for you, because I figured you, of all people, could appreciate it and needed a laugh as well.

First, let me set up the back story. As I have mentioned, I used to be a DJ and my last gig was at a Christian station. Amongst other weirdness, there was a guy that ALWAYS called in who called himself Brother Fred. He was nutjob, but harmless and more annoying than anything. I'd be trying to do my transmitter reads and he'd be calling asking me to pray with him.

One day, a letter was in my mailbox at the station (I never received mail, which was the way I liked it). I saw it was from Brother Fred and didn't immediately read it. I waiting until after my shift when I was grabbing lunch with a friend to look at it. I cannot put into words my first reaction upon reading it, or, at least, my first attempt to read it.

I won't try to explain it or set it up further...it speaks for itself. I'm just going to put up links, instead of posting the JPGs. If you can make it through the handwriting, you'll find it is...interesting, to say the least.

Page 1:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4194/brofred1.jpg

Page 2:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4198/brofred2.jpg

As a bonus, here is the back of the well-worn envelope (It's suffered many moves and being passed around to friends). I call it "Jesus Finger Penis."
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2194/brofredenvback.jpg
[/QUOTE]

See what happens when you encourage them?

Sanyo 37" 720p HDTV for $400 at Walmart. Sounds like a sick deal to me. My 37" 720p was $700. Not sure about any quality differences between LG and Sanyo, though.

The Dell laptop looks nice too (Celeron 900 2.2 ghz, 3GB memory, 120GB HDD) for $400, but I'm going to wait until at least the end of the year to start considering laptops.

I can't believe Moxio's thread devolved into into a computer geek pissing contest. Some folks' egos just can't handle even being partially wrong.

I don't know why but I clicked on the transformers thread on here, that shit was gross. Nothing but IDTEFX typing stuff then adding !!!! to all of his sentences. Also Transformers have no shame. My 7 year old little brother plays the 360 game and for unlocked "art" they have pictures of toys. But not like professional shots, they look more like ebay pictures.

The DMB concerts were incredible this weekend.

Last night was great - had me thinking that if night 2 shows are always by far better than night 1 shows I'm going to be in for a treat. Dear lord was I ever right about that one.

An hour before the show even ended I would have been satisfied with everything if it ended there, but there was more. They pulled out all the stops. It was amazing.

My condolences Brak...My 2 kitties already died a couple years ago...one was run over in front of our house...shit was sad because we could see the blood trail leading to the front porch of our house...the cat tried to make it home after he was brutally injured :cry:

Second one died from a tumor in his nose :cry:...he was my baby.

I couldn't handle having another cat after those two...we had them since birth. They both lived till they were in their early teens.

Thanks for the condolences, everyone.[quote name='Mojimbo']Was Godard the dude that shit on Spielberg for his WWII films?[/QUOTE]
Yes.
[quote name='PlumeNoir']Okay Brak, I scanned these for you, because I figured you, of all people, could appreciate it and needed a laugh as well.

First, let me set up the back story. As I have mentioned, I used to be a DJ and my last gig was at a Christian station. Amongst other weirdness, there was a guy that ALWAYS called in who called himself Brother Fred. He was nutjob, but harmless and more annoying than anything. I'd be trying to do my transmitter reads and he'd be calling asking me to pray with him.

One day, a letter was in my mailbox at the station (I never received mail, which was the way I liked it). I saw it was from Brother Fred and didn't immediately read it. I waiting until after my shift when I was grabbing lunch with a friend to look at it. I cannot put into words my first reaction upon reading it, or, at least, my first attempt to read it.

I won't try to explain it or set it up further...it speaks for itself. I'm just going to put up links, instead of posting the JPGs. If you can make it through the handwriting, you'll find it is...interesting, to say the least.

Page 1:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4194/brofred1.jpg

Page 2:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4198/brofred2.jpg

As a bonus, here is the back of the well-worn envelope (It's suffered many moves and being passed around to friends). I call it "Jesus Finger Penis."
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2194/brofredenvback.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Radio listeners. Are. Psychopaths.
[quote name='Wolve11']Back in December when I had to have my English Bulldog put to sleep I couldn't feel any worse. Having a pet who's always been there for you die in your arms as you tell him he's a good boy was one of the hardest things I've had to do, and I still tear up a little just thinking about it.
Its a reason why I don't think I can get any more pets, because I have one more dog right now that eventually I'll have to probably go through the same process with.
I miss RedBull[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That shit really, really sucks.
[quote name='rabbitt']Kate Havnevik is touring, Brak.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see her.
[quote name='StarKnightX']Sorry to hear about your cat brak. :(
If you don't mind me asking , how old was he?

Our first cat passed away a few years ago. She too was a stray and was found in a dumpster by my aunt , who took her in. My aunt passed her on to us when she moved. We had her for almost 15 years. In hindsight , we should of had her put down , cause in her last month or so it was clear she was sick and was suffering.

Of the two cats we have now , our oldest is getting close to about the same age and is starting to show the same symptoms of old age. :([/QUOTE]
I think he was 11 or 12... I found him when he was 5 or 6, I believe.

The decision of putting a pet down is hard.
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Sorry to hear about your cat, Brak. I used to not like cats at all, but we found a stray kitten last year (similarly scrawny), who is now a natural part of our home. In a way, I think that helps create an attachment. Seeing a creature in need and taking care of it is a pretty special thing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

Plus, after you name it, it's over from there. :)

-

Oh, and I found Big Mike.

http://vendettadolce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=237#p237

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My condolences Brak...My 2 kitties already died a couple years ago...one was run over in front of our house...shit was sad because we could see the blood trail leading to the front porch of our house...the cat tried to make it home after he was brutally injured :cry:

Second one died from a tumor in his nose :cry:...he was my baby.

I couldn't handle having another cat after those two...we had them since birth. They both lived till they were in their early teens.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That must have been horrible, seeing the evidence of the struggle to survive.

Damn, brak i feel for you.

my family's dog had cancer and we had to put him down, it was really sad cuz we even tried chemo, but one day he wandered off the property and was lingering near the highway and we knew it was time to put him down.

[quote name='seanr1221']Rolando, the iPhone game?

Best Buys have free download cards. I found mine near the iTunes cards.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh... no I haven't gotten one.

I rarely ever go to Best Buy, but if I ever happen to be in one, I will keep a look out for it. Thanks.

[quote name='lordwow']How went the wedding Temp[/QUOTE]

Not bad. It was pretty hectic because we were just getting pulled every which way but in the end, it was a good time, the food was good, the hotel was good and we pulled in about $5000.

[quote name='munch']You just got married . . . and you're on CAG?

How is Ghostbusters, Wolve?[/QUOTE]

What should I be doing instead?

[quote name='munch']You just got married . . . and you're on CAG?

How is Ghostbusters, Wolve?[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when I play it legally after I buy a copy on Tuesday?

[quote name='munch']Spending time with your new wife?[/QUOTE]

If you had to choose between spending time with your wife or on CAG which would you choose? Temp made the right decision.

I got a message from a dude who says he does mods just not on Craigslist: "ah well, i wish you luck then. and if you dont use it already i might recommend jungle flasher, great program. as for light on drives what do you use? I saw the chip for light ons and was thinking of getting that manly to power my sammy drive as a kreon and as a just in case"

All I'm saying is: What the fuck? Don't go around saying you do work when you have no clue what you are talking about. fucking fishers man....they fish for information on how to do the things I know how to do, like they want to be part of the cool crowd and act like they know shit when they are clueless and then try to copy off me. Stupid kids.

Anyway....

I just went to reserve an iPhone at the apple store...it said the eligibility check is down, but I was able to reserve it. I didn't get any kind of e-mail or anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back