The Thomas Memorial OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever had a roommate that smoked marijuana and would come back to the apt really high and eat all of your Top Ramen soups, lordwow?

I've never had a roommate that smoked marijuana. I only had roommates my freshman year, I lived in singles ever since that.

[quote name='munch']lordwow, have you ever had a roommate get drunk then throw up bad chinese food all over the place?[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a roommate :lol:

[quote name='lordwow']The thing is, it's sometimes cheaper to live on.

Here's what $950/month gets you in Boston (the pics are when we went to look at the place, not our stuff):

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

That's also got no parking, so it's another $150+/month to get a space for your car.[/QUOTE]
Second picture, top shelf, it's one of those hard hat enemies from mega man.

It was an office-esque comedy set in a retail location, so the comedy was focused more on the interactions between the customers and the employees.

They thought it was good but not great. They felt that there wasn't enough escapism for people to watch is consistently, as in it was too much like real life.

Basically, they get 250 applications, and everyone pitches something, they bring in the top 40 people/pitches, and they take 20 people.

[quote name='lordwow']It was an office-esque comedy set in a retail location, so the comedy was focused more on the interactions between the customers and the employees.[/QUOTE]
That would be an easy show to write. Just steal ideas from stories you read online:lol:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']How about a office-esque remake of 'Little House on the Prairie'?[/QUOTE]

Too much blind humor

[quote name='lordwow']They thought it was good but not great. They felt that there wasn't enough escapism for people to watch is consistently, as in it was too much like real life.

Basically, they get 250 applications, and everyone pitches something, they bring in the top 40 people/pitches, and they take 20 people.[/QUOTE]
Should have pitched some shitty reality show, they probably would have loved it.

[quote name='munch']That sounds super competitive. At least you got into the top 40.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it is, UCLA is considered the #3 school for film/tv. USC (#1) doesn't even interview you, they just accept 20 people out of ~500 applicants based on your application.

The people I interviewed with were very blunt and honest, which I appreciated. They gave me some great feedback, but they also said basically "We don't usually take people right out of college." They want people who have had other work experience, no one else who interviewed with me had done anything with film/video/whatever before. I think that had I reapplied I likely could have gotten in this year with a stronger pitch, especially knowing what to expect, and having gotten that far the first time.

[quote name='tiredfornow']:whistle2:k @ Sam and Max Ep. 1 on XBLA this Wed.

:whistle2:| @ it being 1600 mspts.[/QUOTE]
Damn, no way that's happening.:roll:

I seem to remember a Sam and Max cartoon on Fox back in the 90s.

Who si getting the Magic game? I never got into that card game stuff much.

[quote name='JolietJake']Damn, no way that's happening.:roll:[/QUOTE]If its cool, I'll see if I can get some really cheap points somewhere at the price of free.

[quote name='lordwow']Just get the Magic: The Gathering game instead :cool:[/QUOTE]800mspts, preconstructed decks, and apparently only the newer editions are available. :cry:

And new rules? I haven't played since Mirage/5th edition or so.

[quote name='lordwow']Just get the Magic: The Gathering game instead :cool:[/QUOTE]

I am!

[quote name='Darrith']Closest I got was playing Culdcept Saga on 360. Do people just collect the cards or do they actually play with them IRL?[/QUOTE]

I play and collected the Star Wars CCG and now the World of Warcraft ones. The art is pretty nice.

[quote name='Darrith']Closest I got was playing Culdcept Saga on 360. Do people just collect the cards or do they actually play with them IRL?[/QUOTE]Of course people play with them IRL. What do you think Magic is? A huge failure like the Star Wars card game? I remember people collecting those shitty cards more than actually playing with 'em since nobody at my school knew how to play it. :cool:

Magic was the "what will I have for lunch?" game. Win a game in advisory and you can spring for the snack bar foods. Lose your money and you're eating plastic enchiladas and weird rice.

[quote name='tiredfornow']800mspts, preconstructed decks, and apparently only the newer editions are available. :cry:

And new rules? I haven't played since Mirage/5th edition or so.[/QUOTE]
A lot of the older edition cards are in the new edition decks. (Just with different art.)

I played and collected SW:CCG as well. That game was tough.

My friend who taught me still plays, he's one of the top ranked players in the world, there's still a pretty loyal following.

[quote name='JolietJake']I remember some people freaking out about Magic, calling it satanic and shit. Crazy fundamentalists.[/QUOTE]

Bwahaha, same thing with Dungeons & Dragons back in the day.

[quote name='Number83']I am!

I play and collected the Star Wars CCG and now the World of Warcraft ones. The art is pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tiredfornow']Of course people play with them IRL. What do you think Magic is? A huge failure like the Star Wars card game? I remember people collecting those shitty cards more than actually playing with 'em since nobody at my school knew how to play it. :cool:

Magic was the "what will I have for lunch?" game. Win a game in advisory and you can spring for the snack bar foods. Lose your money and you're eating plastic enchiladas and weird rice.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

[quote name='lordwow']I seriously have about 10,000 SWCCG cards in my apartment.[/QUOTE]

I recently sold a sealed boster case of the Decipher Star Wars cards for $200. I still have 2 left. If you have a whole set LW, they still fetch a decent amount in good condition.

SWCCG Talk:

I have sets of CC, JP, Ref 2 (all the non-foiled cards), most of the Ref 1 foils (including Luke & Vader), most of the EPP/ECC/EJP sets, Everything but Palpatine from DS2, Tatooine, and a ton of random rares. I just can't bring myself to sell them.

The only thing I've done in the past 5 years is I bought one sealed booster of Reflections 1 off Ebay, and it was frigging amazing. Each pack had 3 foils instead in of 1, and I ended up getting almost the entire set including Vader (I had Luke before).

I'm just holding on to everything for now, trying to buy cheap single rares I'm missing of ebay when I have the cash so that I can get complete sets of everything.

Star Wars CCG was for kids who were tired of getting their asses handed to them in the only card game, Magic:The Gathering.[quote name='JolietJake']Ouch.[/QUOTE]
kitty01.gif

83, did you ever get the WoW loot card that gives you the turtle mount in-game?

I really want that. :lol:

Unfortunately it's extremely rare, and card games aren't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back