The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this book ain't gonna be for all, as this is as niche as it gets, but I'm just the messenger. LOL

The Complete Virtual Boy Hardcover book by Jeffrey Wittenhagen just launched on Kickstarter this morning and only runs for 8 days. He does some decent books and while not the best(Bitmap, Geeks-Line), they aren't the worst. You can probably look up some videos of his other books to see what to expect here. Outside of Japan, I don't think the VB has ever gotten a dedicated book, so this is a welcome item.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesubcon3/the-complete-virtual-boy-100-page-color-hardcover?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=virtual%20boy

True. He must be doing multiple pages per game to even come close to 100. I went ahead and tossed in an order. I highly doubt we'll see another VB book anytime soon.

In other news, GeeksLine sent out KS backer surveys for the SNES anthology. Must be getting printed soon.

Yeah, the VB was only released in 2 regions, and while the US didn't get a huge library, Japan got a few more notable titles here and there. The homebrew community has been pretty good as well over the years, and there are many collectibles to be had. Stuff like the Blockbuster Video rental cases, which is like a big briefcase for your VB. So while 100 pages isn't a lot, there is a good amount to cover if done properly, as the collector's community is small, but has thrived over the years.

There's a kickstarter out for a year one retrospective on Dreamcast (similar to the Vita one that came out last year). It ends tomorrow.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamcastyearone/dreamcast-year-one-unofficial-book?ref=profile_starred
What's your plans on this one, gonna get, or wait and see? I'm debating it myself, as I just got my reminder and trying to see if it's something I really want or not. It's rather cheap, like the recent Vita one, so I may just say why not? But maybe not? LOL

I've never owned (nor been all that interested in) Dreamcast, so it's a pass for me.

I'm also annoyed that for the Vita book, the campaign for the 2nd volume included the option to get an expanded version of the 1st volume. Kinda screws over the early adopters who made the first campaign a success.

I know it's a different author, but the Vita and Dreamcast campaigns are definitely linked.

I'm downsizing my art book collection and came across the Gamers for Good fanart collection called Gamer for Life. I've tried ebay and other sites to determine a reasonable price, but haven't seen anything listed. Is anyone here familiar with the book and its current value?

http://www.gamersforgood.com/kkg-artbook/

Edit: Found two on ebay.

I just got the Playstation Anthology after loving the Gamecube book and am extremely disappointed to find it doesn't have the chapter on all the games like the Gamecube one had. That was my favorite part of the book.

I just got the Playstation Anthology after loving the Gamecube book and am extremely disappointed to find it doesn't have the chapter on all the games like the Gamecube one had. That was my favorite part of the book.
Yeah, their original French version had a few extra books, and for whatever reason, the English release didn't include those. I guess due to size of the PS1 library, the books may have made it cost prohibitive, but who knows? https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/content/4-about-us

I'm kind of late to the latest updates, but there is also a $100 limited edition Transformers History. I ordered both, and will hope for a discount before release, possibly cancel one depending on the discount.

Also, that NES encyclopedia looks better than just the cover art image. Ordered it given the discount

I'm kind of late to the latest updates, but there is also a $100 limited edition Transformers History. I ordered both, and will hope for a discount before release, possibly cancel one depending on the discount.

Also, that NES encyclopedia looks better than just the cover art image. Ordered it given the discount
Thanks for the heads up, as I just put in a pre-order, but I'll for sure be watching this and seeing if it gets a discount before release or not. The standard copy dropped down to about $38 at some point for me, so hopefully I didn't miss the discount for this one yet. This has a long way to releases, and may not even happen this year, so hopefully prices drop even further by shipping time. I'm also hoping some more info and pics happen before release, so I can even see if this is worth the purchase, but for now I'm fine just getting in line.

Pix'n Love Publishing just sent out a blast email that they'll be publishing some exclusive books from their Game Series. I assume this refers to the limited edition games that have small books in them.

No real details were given, but something to look out for.

Pix'n Love Publishing just sent out a blast email that they'll be publishing some exclusive books from their Game Series. I assume this refers to the limited edition games that have small books in them.

No real details were given, but something to look out for.
Yep, just got the email myself, and that's what it appears to be, but they have tons of great books in "French" that they had been translating, until their service went down the toilet. After a few of their early releases, like the History Of Nintendo, I stopped pre-ordering, and would only shop once said items where in stock.

Their packaging was also beyond shit at the time, and I was lucky to never get any damages, but one book arrive and was hanging out of the box. That's when I hit the pause on dealing with them, but since they have returned, I haven't ordered anything, and I've also not looked in to how they are doing things currently. But I will before placing any future orders for sure, and I would recommend others do the same if and when the time comes.

Did the art change much from game 1 to game 2? I’m not sure I could tell the difference if I watched a let’s play
Stylewise, I doubt anyone would notice a difference, but part 2 does have some new characters, weapons, etc, so new content, but same art style.

I got the first Art of Splatoon Art Book and it was wonderful. Down to get the next one. 

Now only if we could get more Fire Emblem Artbooks, that would be nice. 

So, has anyone had any dealings with Pix'n Love Publishing since they have come back in recent times? How is their customer service, packaging, quality, etc? I had to swear them off years ago when they started having major issues with refunds and customer service in general. I've been interested in a few of their new offerings(current book included), but never bothered to order anything until I know for sure if they got their shit together or not?

I ordered a couple of the game series releases. Packaging was decent, but the LEs need thicker cardboard because they did arrived with minor crushing. Didn’t even bother contacting CS so can’t comment on that.

Update from Future Press regarding Dark Souls Compendium

https://www.facebook.com/FuturePress/photos/a.353202666162/10157113390181163/?type=3&theater

After many months of hard work, we’ve just finished production on the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium!

Printing will take around 4 weeks, and shipping another 2-4 weeks, depending on the territory. Since we want to ensure every copy has the same build quality, we decided to print all copies at the same high-end printer in Europe, so shipping to the States takes a little extra time. The book is now scheduled for release early/mid June in Europe and late June in the US. Hope you guys have a little more patience, we really feel it’ll be worth the wait.

In the upcoming weeks until launch, we’ll be showing a sample spread of each chapter, so you know what to expect from this book. You'll see the first chapter later this week: "The Story of Dark Souls".

Got my SNES Omnibus Vol. 2 from Bull Moose today.  It was my first ever book order from Bull Moose and the impression is really good.  It was shipped in a sturdy box and the book itself was well protected inside with a double layer of bubble wrap.  As a comparison, Amazon shipped my last hardcover book order in a box with no protection at all inside so it came scuffed up and dented.  Will definitely be on the lookout to order more books from Bull Moose now.

Got my SNES Omnibus Vol. 2 from Bull Moose today. It was my first ever book order from Bull Moose and the impression is really good. It was shipped in a sturdy box and the book itself was well protected inside with a double layer of bubble wrap. As a comparison, Amazon shipped my last hardcover book order in a box with no protection at all inside so it came scuffed up and dented. Will definitely be on the lookout to order more books from Bull Moose now.
Mine arrived on Monday. The packaging was damaged and there was no bubble wrap, but miraculously the book was not damaged. Looks great so far.

No need to cancel and re-order it:

"Discount will be automatically applied at checkout. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.
Offer will be extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders."

Now here's a book I can get behind.........Metal Slug: The Ultimate History!

Pre-orders are supposed to open in July over at Bitmap Books, with shipping scheduled for September. No info on price yet, but it's Metal Slug, so instant buy from me and hopefully they offer a cool LE option as well. Once more info is known, I'll pass it along.

Just got delivery confirmation for my Nier Automata World Guide book for tomrrow.  Completely forgot about this and surprised it's arriving already.

Now here's a book I can get behind.........Metal Slug: The Ultimate History!

Pre-orders are supposed to open in July over at Bitmap Books, with shipping scheduled for September. No info on price yet, but it's Metal Slug, so instant buy from me and hopefully they offer a cool LE option as well. Once more info is known, I'll pass it along.
So many beautiful SNK books. So little shelf space.

Just got delivery confirmation for my Nier Automata World Guide book for tomrrow. Completely forgot about this and surprised it's arriving already.
Nice, I've gotta get it sometime (again... sold my Japanese edition before I moved).

As for me, Right Stuf has a sale featuring Udon books going on this week, so I picked up The Eyes of Bayonetta 2 along with a few other things. I finally played the game recently and enjoyed it, plus I already have the first book, so why not :razz: It's already shipped and should be here sometime next week.

Nice, I've gotta get it sometime (again... sold my Japanese edition before I moved).

As for me, Right Stuf has a sale featuring Udon books going on this week, so I picked up The Eyes of Bayonetta 2 along with a few other things. I finally played the game recently and enjoyed it, plus I already have the first book, so why not :razz: It's already shipped and should be here sometime next week.
The link literally brought me to a page just full of hentai movies...

Does anyone know if I make a purchase at Geeks Line Publishing (I am considering their SNES Anthology) from the U.S. whether or not I will incur a foreign transaction fee from my bank? It seems they are based in France, but I'm just curious if anyone has experience buying from them. Thanks!

Does anyone know if I make a purchase at Geeks Line Publishing (I am considering their SNES Anthology) from the U.S. whether or not I will incur a foreign transaction fee from my bank? It seems they are based in France, but I'm just curious if anyone has experience buying from them. Thanks!
I've never used their site direct, as I always buy through their KS campaigns, but for me personally, those international fees for CC applies to some, but not for others, it just depends on the card being used. I have one that never charges, and one that does, so you may want to call CS on the card and ask, as they should be able to tell you. It's like anything in the financial realm, as some places want your business and won't charge for nickel & dime BS, while other places do shit like that every chance they get.

Get a Capital One credit card. They don't have foreign transaction fees. I think it's all dependent on who your CC is through.
Yep, that's the one I use that never charges, but I guess that may also depend on what level card you may have, as every bank has many levels of cards offered(some with different features).

I bought a few books last fall directly from Geeksline and was charged a foreign transaction fee as none of my cards waive it. If you have a card that does waive them be sure to use it.

I am looking to get a book sleeve/cover/thing for The Art of Borderlands 2 since I have it signed by a few people and it is a rare book in general, but no idea what to look for....

If it helps, the Design Archives for Valkyria Chronicles I got from Udon YEARS AGO came with something like that.

That covers just the front and back cover and the spine, like a dust jacket almost right? No, I'll take a photo to better explain it.

Hmmm on second looking, that seems right, if it they make it in the right size:

This is the one that I currently have on the VC Design Archives (it came with it):
IMG-20190602-030217252.jpg

Just measured the Borderlands 2 Art book and it is 12H x 9W x1D (inches)

I am looking to get a book sleeve/cover/thing for The Art of Borderlands 2 since I have it signed by a few people and it is a rare book in general, but no idea what to look for....

If it helps, the Design Archives for Valkyria Chronicles I got from Udon YEARS AGO came with something like that.
Yeah, I think you may be referring to magazine style poly bags(comics as well), something like this: http://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/3750/regular-magazine-sleeve-8-58-x-11-18br2-mil-polyethylene-1-12-flap

This is what I use for most of my books and magazines, as the ones shown by Wings, would be to hard to get a proper fit, as almost all my books are different shapes, sizes and thickness. With these poly bags, you can get 1-2 different sizes and cover a large group of books with just the two. I keep standard magazine bags for regular size stuff like Nintendo Force, and that covers 50% of most things. Then I have a "Life" magazine style bag that is much bigger to fit Life magazines, and these fit those Udon books, UK Mags(Retro Gamer,Etc.) and some hardcovers up to some decent sizes. If a books to small, you can just fold over the flap and tape and then you have a nice tight fit, so they can be customized as well by folding and taping.

EDIT: And if you go this route, make sure to price compare, as some places can charge astronomical prices for this stuff. And if some place has a good price, their shipping may kill the deal, so just be cautious.

That covers just the front and back cover and the spine, like a dust jacket almost right? No, I'll take a photo to better explain it.

Hmmm on second looking, that seems right, if it they make it in the right size:

This is the one that I currently have on the VC Design Archives (it came with it):
IMG-20190602-030217252.jpg

Just measured the Borderlands 2 Art book and it is 12H x 9W x1D (inches)
nice toenail

I bought a few books last fall directly from Geeksline and was charged a foreign transaction fee as none of my cards waive it. If you have a card that does waive them be sure to use it.

Yep, that's the one I use that never charges, but I guess that may also depend on what level card you may have, as every bank has many levels of cards offered(some with different features).

Get a Capital One credit card. They don't have foreign transaction fees. I think it's all dependent on who your CC is through.

I've never used their site direct, as I always buy through their KS campaigns, but for me personally, those international fees for CC applies to some, but not for others, it just depends on the card being used...
Thanks for the reply, everyone. I appreciate the input. I believe one of my credit cards features no foreign transaction fee so I'll make sure to use that instead of my usual card.

bread's done
Back