The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="battousai11" post="11723117" timestamp="1398795968"]Is there anything says it's a reprint or is it exactly the same as the first print?[/quote]

I can take a look at all the copyright and publisher info when I get home. I'm sure that would be the only difference.

Oh, fuck me. I've gotten so used to my shitty JPG directory of the book. This has gotten so real so fast.
I have the original and traded quite a few rare/valuable games for it (probably $150 worth, at the time) about 2 years ago, so I'm kinda peeved that it was reprinted after this many years. :whistle2:s

Since this topic pertains to artbooks, does anyone know if any Barnes & Noble stores (or any national retail book store) carry the book Darkstalkers: Official Complete Works? I'm quite anxious to get my hands on a copy. :D

Yes. I don't want to get it from online. I'd like to buy it in person. :p

If any Barnes & Noble locations have the book, they're probably ones in more populated areas (Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.). I live in Spartanburg, so that location may not have it.
Did you check the store locator? You can also call the store and have them special order it for you.

[quote name="JustSaiyanPaul" post="11855676" timestamp="1403229085"]

Yes. I don't want to get it from online. I'd like to buy it in person. :p

If any Barnes & Noble locations have the book, they're probably ones in more populated areas (Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.). I live in Spartanburg, so that location may not have it.[/quote]
I'm just going to be that guy, so prepare for it; why the hell not? It's free shipping, they ship in nice little boxes--not like in store copies have any guarantee that they will be mint, anyway--and if it is messed up, it's free shipping to return it. You can also return items in store most of the time, too. Welcome to internet shopping lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually ordered these last week when I saw the Mario book was finally released. I also grabbed the Tanuki LE book as well.

Now, if they could only get the Gunpei Yokoi book out of the door, all would be good(It should be the next release). Their books are just about the best out there, but sadly, we all know they take very long to reach market, but they are always worth the wait. I highly recommend any and all of their current line-up of books.

These look cool, but I'm assuming shipping to the states kinda kills it for me

How are these books? I only really have a history with the Udon art books. Also - since they are limited, do things generally sell out quickly with them? and are they big into reprints?

I haven't bought any artbooks since the Okami, Darkstalkers, Mega Man like 6 years ago but these look pretty cool.

Why is History of Mario limited to 500 copies? A few years back, Amazon had a listing for this book. Seems like Pix n' Love have changed their strategy for this book dramatically, to the point where I don't see how it could be profitable.

I think Pix gets the rights to do a collectors/limited or whatever version of some stuff.  For example History of Sonic got a collector's edition with these guys.  I didn't see what the one available on Amazon looked like the the CE version was nice.

I think Pix gets the rights to do a collectors/limited or whatever version of some stuff. For example History of Sonic got a collector's edition with these guys. I didn't see what the one available on Amazon looked like the the CE version was nice.
Yeah, I've seen that. But the Mario listing doesn't state that it's a special collector's edition, just that it's limited.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered both History of Mario and Mario Goodies Collection Limited Edition. Shipping was 6GBP to Illinois.

Yeah, I've seen that. But the Mario listing doesn't state that it's a special collector's edition, just that it's limited.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered both History of Mario and Mario Goodies Collection. Shipping was 6GBP to Illinois.
Yeah, I don't know why they limited this release. Maybe it's to spur sales, so the general public will order now so they don't miss out. They've been having HUGE growing pains over the last few years, and the limited numbers of this book may be a part of that.

This may be the qty they could afford to make the book at, as higher runs make for cheaper cost, but if books aren't moving that fast, it may be better off to go for a lower run.

Their early books where "French" language only, so translating them was the biggest issue I'm sure, and those books are still available, and should be returning a decent profit. Is there money to be made on 500 of these Mario books, who knows? I'm just glad these guys do what they do, as most of these books are HUGE fan service, and I always buy copies so I can insure future books get made.

Just a friendly heads-up regarding PixNLove ...
I ordered the Devil May Cry art book from them last year (before it was actually released here in the US.). And it took MONTHS for the book to actually arrive (even after its release date). I sent many emails to them inquiring where my order was, if it got cancelled, I even tried to cancel it myself. Nobody ever responded.

One day it just appeared at my front door - in mint condition - no shipping notification at all, ever.

The moral of the story is: they suck at communication, but excel at packing boxes.

I ordered the Devil May Cry art book from them last year (before it was actually released here in the US.). And it took MONTHS for the book to actually arrive (even after its release date). I sent many emails to them inquiring where my order was, if it got cancelled, I even tried to cancel it myself. Nobody ever responded.

One day it just appeared at my front door - in mint condition - no shipping notification at all, ever.

The moral of the story is: they suck at communication, but excel at packing boxes.
Good thing I paid with paypal.

If i dont hear a word in a month or so, i 'll cancel the order.

I'm interested but damn, those are pricey. And they ship from the UK so I'm worried about customs and damage...

What's the difference between the Tanuki and Classic edition?
I'd like to know this as well... seems like it's just a different cover?

The Sonic book came packed in some sturdy cardboard book holder and was wrapped in thin bubblewrap.  I was surprised that it came in tact.

Also when I ordered it, I noticed that it charged right away and did the conversation (paid via paypal).  I noticed a few days later the exchange rate changed and I would have saved a little over a dollar so I reordered and asked them to cancel the first order.  They did it quickly so that was good.

I will have to wait until I get home so I can order via paypal again as I don't want to get hit with foregin transaction fees on my cards (they don't take Discover).

Years ago I tried to contact them in regards to something(I can't remember specifics), and the same thing happened to me. No replies, no shipping notice, no nothing. If you've made an account on their site, you can check status there and it will show items as shipped. I'm guessing if anyone ever uses express, they may actually provide a tracking number, but that's just a guess on my part.

side note i got charged like 70 shipping for tnt on the 2 books pretty sure it wasnt supposed to be that much
There is normally two shipping options at check out. One for standard, and another for express. For shipping that high, I would think it was for express, as that is way high.

I ordered the History of Mario and Mario Goodies Tanuki Edition, and the shipping was either $10 for the cheap option or $40 for the traceable option. 

I picked the cheaper option... hopefully I don't regret it. 

Additionally, I just noticed that the Tanuki Edition is limited to only 150 copies and the History of Mario is limited to 500. Those are crazy low numbers.:whistle2:

didn't have enough in pp but made an order.  hopefully nothing happens to the order when I check out in a few days.

I'll definitely be getting the Gunpei Yokoi book (likely from Amazon) when it comes out. 

So does this PixNLove site not have CS support or something? 

I was charged twice and have sent two emails to their CS with no response after over a week. 

So does this PixNLove site not have CS support or something?

I was charged twice and have sent two emails to their CS with no response after over a week.
they have the worst cs ive ever seen but the quality usually more than makes up for it

http://store.bethsoft.com/the-art-of-wolfenstein-the-new-order-exclusive-edition.html

So when they claimed this was limited to 500, did they flat out lie, or is the demand really that low? I mean copies sell for over $70 on eBay, so they had to have lied or something, which one would think is against the law. Or maybe people are just to dumb to find it on their website. Who knows...
Honestly, I think demand is just that low. This art book is identical to the retail version except for the signature, and I'm sure it's just not worth the extra funds to most users.

Their last LE Dead Space art book was LE, and it at least had a special clam shell cover that made the extra cost way more interesting than this, and that book took forever to sell out and I think DS is way more popular franchise than Wolfenstein currently.

looks like pix n love was in japan for an expo and with such a small staff likely had no one at the office but all orders appear to atleast say shipped from what ive checked around the interwebs

I did order the History of Mario...hope I get it within 3 months! These books are really nice....I really enjoyed my History of Sonic book.

bread's done
Back