The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is someone still updating the OP? If not, could we get it changed to a wiki?
I've changed the OP to a wiki at least 3 times since the new CAG rolled out, but either somebody keeps changing it back or I'm doing something incorrectly.

Feel free to change it up and organize it, and feel free to PM me directly if it gets un-wiki'd again.

I wonder if anyone that ordered from pix n love ran into this issue.

I placed an order last week but just "paid" (went to email and clicked on the link in confirm and checked out with Paypal).  The order page on the site shows the currency as USD ($ not the Euro £ symbol).  However it seems when I checked out via Paypal, my total was in Euros and then converted to USD, essentially increasing by nearly 80%!

Now this will likely get screwed up more if my order gets canceled as one of the Mario books is OOS but wasn't when I "ordered" (but not paid).

I wonder if anyone that ordered from pix n love ran into this issue.

I placed an order last week but just "paid" (went to email and clicked on the link in confirm and checked out with Paypal). The order page on the site shows the currency as USD ($ not the Euro £ symbol). However it seems when I checked out via Paypal, my total was in Euros and then converted to USD, essentially increasing by nearly 80%!

Now this will likely get screwed up more if my order gets canceled as one of the Mario books is OOS but wasn't when I "ordered" (but not paid)
FYI, I also used Paypal but didn't have this issue. My total amount shows up in Pounds (£) on both Paypal and Pix'n Love (Euro symbol is €).

One of my Pixnlove orders are now marked as shipped but the other one, which I tried to cancel, is still just says confirmed but the charge on my credit card still stands.:whistle2:X

I started cleaning up the OP, but for some reason it won't let me add images. The interface will show them, but when I click submit, they disappear. The original OP may need to add them in for us.

ETA: A few of the old entries look like they may be cancelled (ex. Art of Portal 2), so I moved them to a spoiler tag. We can always resurrect them if we see evidence that they'll be published.

Added:

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

The Art of Alien: Isolation

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Also tried alternate method of adding pics to no avail.

I started cleaning up the OP, but for some reason it won't let me add images. The interface will show them, but when I click submit, they disappear. The original OP may need to add them in for us.

ETA: A few of the old entries look like they may be cancelled (ex. Art of Portal 2), so I moved them to a spoiler tag. We can always resurrect them if we see evidence that they'll be published.
I'm traveling without reliable internet access, but I'll see what I can do about the images if/when I have a chance.

Thanks for helping out with the wiki!

did anyone get their pix n love orders in for the mario books i defend them so much and then i pay equal to the cost of the books in shipping and then i dont receive them

did anyone get their pix n love orders in for the mario books i defend them so much and then i pay equal to the cost of the books in shipping and then i dont receive them
Yeah, I received mine about 1 week after ordering. It was one of my fastest international orders ever(France to Las Vegas). Your order may be held in customs, as my box had zero information or custom forms of any kind attached. My US packages have more inforamtion than this international package did.

Also, my box was very poorly taped. The books had bubblewrap around them, but there was one thin strip of tape on the outside of the box and was very loose. It could have very easily broke, and if it had, there's no telling how it would have ended up. Luckily it didn't, but it was one of their less than stellar packing jobs.

It always amazes the hell out of me, how companies sale products of rarity or value, and put so little effort in to the packaging and mailing process. Like some postal god is going to take care of it and make sure the package arrives safe & sound.

Try to contact them, which I don't know if you'll ever hear back, as CS seems non existent to them. If you used Paypal, wait until as close to 45 days as you can, and if you don't hear anything, open a claim through PP and get your funds back.

I'm still waiting on mine, I ordered the Mario Goodies Tanooki Edition and The History of Mario. 

Order shows up as shipped, but I haven't received anything yet. It's been almost 3 weeks since I placed my order. And they still haven't fixed the double charge issue. 

I'm going to file a chargeback on the second order, but not sure when to do it. I don't care if they are a small, independent, "gamers who do it for the love of the game" type of company... it doesn't give you a right to be complete pieces of shit. 

Finally got my History of Mario and Mario Goodies books. Like other people have experienced, Mario Goodies was damaged in the corners. 

And of course, they still have $100+ of mine from the double charge and the order status still just reads "confirmed" (the one I received shows up as shipped). These guys are shady as fuck... 

Finally got my History of Mario and Mario Goodies books. Like other people have experienced, Mario Goodies was damaged in the corners.

And of course, they still have $100+ of mine from the double charge and the order status still just reads "confirmed" (the one I received shows up as shipped). These guys are shady as fuck...
So is the Tanuki version bilingual French/English? How is it overall?

Hows the quality?

I received mine last night.

The Tanooki edition was damaged on the corners from poor packaging. Haven't opened the shrink wrap, but there doesn't appear to be anything special about it other than the cover.

The History of Mario didn't quite match what I thought it would be. I have their History of Nintendo books, which are glossy/color catalogs of past products. History of Mario is a typical text-heavy softcover biography with some black-and-white screenshots scattered throughout. I'm sure it's a good read, just not quite what I was expecting. Guess I thought it'd be more of the history and art of Mario.

ETA: Playing around on their site with order quantities will let you know their inventory levels. Right now, there's ~167 copies of History of Mario left out of the original 500. Looking at the book, I'm surprised they limited the print run. The format and style of the book is something that could easily be mass produced.

So is the Tanuki version bilingual French/English? How is it overall?
Yes, it's bilingual. I haven't flipped through all of it yet but it's honestly not that interesting... all it boils down to is that there's a lot of shit with Mario on it.

Hows the quality?
The Mario Goodies Tanooki Edition is pretty typical coffee table quality book. The History of Mario books is pretty typical novel quality.

That might not seem like a bad thing, but given their prices, I'm very disappointed with both. Here's what's happening to my History of Mario book:

http://w11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/IMG_20140725_165023.jpg~original

The finish is peeling off of the cover already. For something that cost almost $30, this is very bad quality.

Yes, it's bilingual. I haven't flipped through all of it yet but it's honestly not that interesting... all it boils down to is that there's a lot of shit with Mario on it.

The Mario Goodies Tanooki Edition is pretty typical coffee table quality book. The History of Mario books is pretty typical novel quality.

That might not seem like a bad thing, but given their prices, I'm very disappointed with both. Here's what's happening to my History of Mario book:

http://w11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/IMG_20140725_165023.jpg~original

The finish is peeling off of the cover already. For something that cost almost $30, this is very bad quality.
It looks cheap....sigh I love the books these guys do but they're kind of just getting by for the stuff in English. It's just there....nothing special.

Udon licensing announcements from Comic-Con. The video game-related artbooks they've picked up are:

- The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Gyakuten Saiban 5 Official Visual Book) (I literally just imported this one last week… it's all good, though :razz: )
- The World of Professor Layton (Layton no Kyouja no Sekai Official Fan Book)
- Border Break Artworks 2006-2012
- Record of Agarest War: Heroines Visual Book
- Record of Agarest War 2: Heroines Visual Book
- Shining Blade & Ark

They're also releasing collections of official Katamari Damacy webcomics.

I was idly hoping that they'd license Harvest Moon 15th Anniversary Character Book, but not this time, I guess.

Udon licensing announcements from Comic-Con. The video game-related artbooks they've picked up are:

- The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Gyakuten Saiban 5 Official Visual Book) (I literally just imported this one last week… it's all good, though :razz: )
- Shining Blade & Ark

I was idly hoping that they'd license Harvest Moon 15th Anniversary Character Book, but not this time, I guess.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the books I want, will be released before I'm to old to read them. Udon is notorious for slow/late missed deadlines. There was a 999/Last rewards art book released in Japan a few years ago, and I was hoping Udon would bring it over, but sadly it looks like it's not happening(at least anytime soon).

Oh the World of Professor Layton and Agarest War ones.....I think I may need those. I may not be crazy about Agarest War games but I do like the character portraits. Layton is awesome...enough said and has a very unique art style (reminds me of some French art style I've seen before but i'm not well versed enough to name it).

Also that Harvest Moon one is awesome...I wish we were getting that....been playing since the first and only missed the Gamecube/Wii ones as I didn't own those systems!

Aren't Udon also publishing an art of Gungnir book? Even though I already imported AA, and its a great book, I'll pick the english release up too alongside Gungnir.

I was also conflicted on Mario. I dont like the series enough to shell out over $100 for the books, but there's no denying Mario's iconic presence.

- Shining Blade & Ark

nice, i'll buy all of them except for Border Break Artworks.... not familiar with that series, seems to be some sort of robot game from sega

OP is no longer wiki'd.

Anyway, wanted to add some Destiny stuff:

Destiny, The Art of

Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Kinda bummed now.

Where are you located?

I'm in MO, and I still havent received mine.

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1101898216/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

$107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Large Dragon Age themed container wrapped with a faux leather texture includes the following-

• 368-page Collector's Edition hardcover guide with unique cover treatments matching the container 
• Four faux leather bookmarks topped with metal headers, stamped with Dragon Age faction emblems, and backed with colored ribbons matching the faction colors 
• Stylized pen with Inquisition logo presented in a themed box 
• Includes bonus in-game items

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1101898216/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Large Dragon Age themed container wrapped with a faux leather texture includes the following-

368-page Collector's Edition hardcover guide with unique cover treatments matching the container
Four faux leather bookmarks topped with metal headers, stamped with Dragon Age faction emblems, and backed with colored ribbons matching the faction colors
Stylized pen with Inquisition logo presented in a themed box
• Includes bonus in-game items

OP is no longer wiki'd.

Anyway, wanted to add some Destiny stuff:

Destiny, The Art of

Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)
Wiki'd again, and added these in. Still haven't had time to look into pictures. Probably tonight.

$107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

368-page Collector's Edition hardcover guide with unique cover treatments matching the container
Four faux leather bookmarks topped with metal headers, stamped with Dragon Age faction emblems, and backed with colored ribbons matching the faction colors
Stylized pen with Inquisition logo presented in a themed box
• Includes bonus in-game items
Does this belong here? It appears to be a collector's edition strategy guide, so maybe it should go in the Official CE Guide thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/269430-official-ce-guide-wiki-bayonetta-2-far-cry-4-dragon-age-inq-witcher-3-tox2/

ETA: I linked your post in that thread so they can update their OP.

Heads up that Rakuten has a $30 off $100 deal going on right now for new accounts with coupon code NEWBIE. Great way to pick up some artbooks--because they never really go on sale. I went and got myself all caught up, and a pre-order to boot! :3

Is anyone still waiting on their Mario book order? My order was placed on June 30th. Their website says the order shipped but I never received it... I chose the cheap shipping & handling so no tracking information :(

Is anyone still waiting on their Mario book order? My order was placed on June 30th. Their website says the order shipped but I never received it... I chose the cheap shipping & handling so no tracking information :(
I would say your order is long past due, but it may still arrive. My order actually arrived in one week(France to USA). There packaging was minimal at best, and I was real lucky my packaging didn't come undone during shipping. The box was thin and flimsy, with one layer of bubblewrap around my books, and one thin piece of tape on the out box to keep it closed. If my order hadn't arrived when it did, I'm sure my contents would have been lost or damaged.

Did you use paypal? If so, you could have made a claim there, but your now past 45 days, so your SOL in that area. Try to contact PixNLuv, but don't expect much, as there CS seems to be nowhere to be found at any given time. They make wonderful books, but everything else they do is just about the worst ever. When there books take years to come out, I'm never surprised, as the same individuals run the company, and it's not hard to see why it takes them so long to get things done.

They seem very creative, but not very business savvy. There is no way I would mail expensive merchandise around the world in the same care free manner they do, but I guess if I never respond to issues, it would be OK. LOL

If you used a CC, you may contact them and do a reversal, as that may be your only option. Good Luck!

I would say your order is long past due, but it may still arrive. My order actually arrived in one week(France to USA). There packaging was minimal at best, and I was real lucky my packaging didn't come undone during shipping. The box was thin and flimsy, with one layer of bubblewrap around my books, and one thin piece of tape on the out box to keep it closed. If my order hadn't arrived when it did, I'm sure my contents would have been lost or damaged.

Did you use paypal? If so, you could have made a claim there, but your now past 45 days, so your SOL in that area. Try to contact PixNLuv, but don't expect much, as there CS seems to be nowhere to be found at any given time. They make wonderful books, but everything else they do is just about the worst ever. When there books take years to come out, I'm never surprised, as the same individuals run the company, and it's not hard to see why it takes them so long to get things done.

They seem very creative, but not very business savvy. There is no way I would mail expensive merchandise around the world in the same care free manner they do, but I guess if I never respond to issues, it would be OK. LOL

If you used a CC, you may contact them and do a reversal, as that may be your only option. Good Luck!
I got mine (thank god!), but I wish you good luck getting a hold of them as well. I sent several emails and they never replied every single of them. I'll probably never order from them again.

Thanks for the reply. I sent them an email this morning but haven't received a reply yet (surprise!) I was just wondering if anyone else was having an exceptionally long wait. I went back through old posts on this thread and did see mention of a past order taking months for someone. I guess I'll give them a couple business days to reply to my email and then begin the chargeback process with my CC. Extra bummer that the Mario Goodies Tanuki Edition seems to be sold out now :( Not that I feel very good about ordering from them again after this experience.

Thanks for the reply. I sent them an email this morning but haven't received a reply yet (surprise!) I was just wondering if anyone else was having an exceptionally long wait. I went back through old posts on this thread and did see mention of a past order taking months for someone. I guess I'll give them a couple business days to reply to my email and then begin the chargeback process with my CC. Extra bummer that the Mario Goodies Tanuki Edition seems to be sold out now :( Not that I feel very good about ordering from them again after this experience.
Yeah, It's really sad when a business like this doesn't provide decent customer service. A good product and CS go hand in hand. If more and more customers have these kinds of issues, it's only going to hurt future business. Sadly, creative folks aren't always that concerned are able to run a business, and when they aren't, this is what happens.

Added The Art of the Uncharted Trilogy to the OP. Excited to see this, but it's odd that it's only 240 pages. The Uncharted 2 art book by Ballistic Publishing was already 272 pages, so how comprehensive will this new book really be?

Added The Art of Batman: Arkham Trilogy to the OP. Also moved The Art of GT5 to the release schedule since Amazon now shows a November release date.

Anyone have any idea on the quality/size of the Breath of Fire book ? I love the series so preordered it, but saw that it's paperback?

Also preordered the uncharted one woohoo

Most Udon books are ~ 8 x 11. They typically just do paperback releases. Sometimes, they'll have limited edition hardcover versions available at conventions for $80.

bread's done
Back