The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment Employee Handbook is down to $4.74 on Amazon!! (MSRP = $45.00) It's pretty much a no brainer at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Abstergo-Entertainment/dp/1608874036/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=164WH34X9N9EZC0P2BKB
Thanks for this! I haven't played the game yet but at $5 that's a hell of a good deal for a nice looking art book. Still patiently waiting for The Order 1886 Blackwater Archives to drop from $60. I want that book so bad but no way in hell can I justify that much money on the book.

Damn, I Was hoping for $30 or less for the Dark Souls 2 one. The first one was somewhat of a disappointment anyway.

Hopefully it drops by the time it comes out!

People may already be aware of this (but I wasn't, lol). Credit to srac84's thread

30% off one book (up to $10 discount maximum) on Amazon using the promo code HOLIDAY30 (one time use per account; I think it expires 11:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2015).

Any recommendations? 

Looks like my Art of Fallout 4 pre-order is finally coming today. It supposedly came out on Dec. 1, so I'm not sure why it took so long to get here (I ordered back in July).

I regret not ordering the Blackwater Archives: The Art Of The Order 1886 book so badly. Went to buy it the other day directly from Blue Canvas' amazon page for $60 and it's gone. Now the only seller is charging damn near $400. fuck that. I wanted the book so badly too. Looked so nice

Any news on the Deathnote art book that was coming out that was going to be limited quantity?

Any news on the Deathnote art book that was coming out that was going to be limited quantity?
It's still coming out? Right Stuf lists the release date as May 5th. The MSRP is $99.99, which is much higher than the original Japanese edition's. Even with Right Stuf's normal discount factored in, it'd probably be cheaper to import a secondhand Japanese copy.

Preorders have been open for months now, but it looks like it's still orderable both there and at Amazon. I'm guessing the high price is scaring off a lot of people.

It's still coming out? Right Stuf lists the release date as May 5th. The MSRP is $99.99, which is much higher than the original Japanese edition's. Even with Right Stuf's normal discount factored in, it'd probably be cheaper to import a secondhand Japanese copy.

Preorders have been open for months now, but it looks like it's still orderable both there and at Amazon. I'm guessing the high price is scaring off a lot of people.
blanc et noir: Takeshi Obata Illustrations if i run into takeshi Obata in anime con is will be perfect. With his autograph on this Art book is treasure :)

There's a slight chance they'll reprint it. Journey had a couple printings, though it's now sold out again.
I've been keeping my eyes open but I haven't seen anything. Not even sure if the company who made it (BlueCanvas) is still in business. Their website is down and their facebook and twitter haven't been updated since last year.

I regret not ordering the Blackwater Archives: The Art Of The Order 1886 book so badly. Went to buy it the other day directly from Blue Canvas' amazon page for $60 and it's gone. Now the only seller is charging damn near $400. fuck that. I wanted the book so badly too. Looked so nice
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222055035194?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

It really is a nice book. I was able to buy one when they re-sold them after they sold out that first time. If all their links are down, more than likely their done. Get a copy while you can, as I'm sure the price will only go up over time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222055035194?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

It really is a nice book. I was able to buy one when they re-sold them after they sold out that first time. If all their links are down, more than likely their done. Get a copy while you can, as I'm sure the price will only go up over time.
I've been watching that listing. I just can't, no matter how much I want to, spend $180 on a book right now. Everything I've seen about the book makes it look absolutely incredible. I'm such a huge fan of the game I want it to read too (beyond just owning it to collect it). Checked the library database of like....as many libraries throughout the country I could. Figured it was a long shot but no luck. I think it's just not meant to be unless at a later point in my life I happen to find someone trying to sell it. It'll be with the GTA III 10th anniversary Claude figure of things I should have bought at the time they launched but foolishly waited.

I've been keeping my eyes open but I haven't seen anything. Not even sure if the company who made it (BlueCanvas) is still in business. Their website is down and their facebook and twitter haven't been updated since last year.
I just noticed that too. I'm guessing they went out of business. Wonder what happened to their remaining stock if there was any.

I just noticed that too. I'm guessing they went out of business. Wonder what happened to their remaining stock if there was any.
The books where listed on Amazon for a very long time, and where fulfilled by them if I remember correctly. I'm sure they just finally sold them out, and that's all there was. So unless Amazon miraculously finds some books, I'll doubt these will be returning.

Any word if they will do a dark souls design book for dark souls 3?
You mean a "Design Works" book like the other games got? As far as I can tell, one hasn't even been announced for Japan yet, never mind an Udon reprint. There will probably be such a book, though; just give it time.

You mean a "Design Works" book like the other games got? As far as I can tell, one hasn't even been announced for Japan yet, never mind an Udon reprint. There will probably be such a book, though; just give it time.

I hope they do another one though, I enjoyed the DW for 1 and 2. Id buy it in a second.

But yeah I meant the design works.

For anyone interested, who like me missed it, Blackwater Archives: The Art Of The Order 1886 is back up on Amazon for retail price of $60. That's right now you don't have to pay ~$200. I just ordered my copy. It's from a 3rd party seller but it's prime compatible and it's listed as brand new. Get it while it's up

(Also interesting side note the other amazon sellers who had this either pulled their listings or dropped their price to $100 to compete. Still overpriced but hilarious to see).

What's the difference between "Batman: Arkham Universe: the ultimate visual guide" and "The Art of Rocksteady's Batman" books?

What's the difference between "Batman: Arkham Universe: the ultimate visual guide" and "The Art of Rocksteady's Batman" books?
From the reviews it sounds like Arkham Universe is more just press photos and marketing images used for all three games. While Art of Rocksteady goes more in depth with the development of games and more production designs. Though as an owner of Art of Rocksteady, I personally felt that they spent majority of that book talking development and not giving enough space or more page room to more of the behind the scenes designs, which I'm sure there are plenty of considering there's three games and don't even go into things like designs for some of the secondary characters.

Was just reading previous posts, and saw something about a Death Note book being at $99, it's dropped on both places listed, and is $67 on Amazon. I kinda want it, but my favorite character is Misa Amane, and I doubt she will be a big part of the book.

Was just reading previous posts, and saw something about a Death Note book being at $99, it's dropped on both places listed, and is $67 on Amazon. I kinda want it, but my favorite character is Misa Amane, and I doubt she will be a big part of the book.
I did note Right Stuf's discount in my post, and Amazon's was a given ;) Even with those discounts, it's still too expensive.

Viz is releasing a new Yoshitaka Amano artbook in August. It looks like an English-language version of this book.

And speaking of Japanese artbooks, a new one for the Dragon Quest series is due out later this month, though it seems like it can't be preordered anywhere right now for a not-insane price o_O;
Thanks for the heads-up on the Amano book. I have The Sky: Art of Final Fantasy book, so I'm not sure if the new book has any new FF artwork, but I'll keep an eye out.

Am I Reading this right 81 dollars for the dragon quest book? that is crazy but I want it so bad!
The tax-exclusive MSRP should be 3,500 yen (about US $32) once it actually goes on sale at Amazon.co.jp, CDJapan, etc. Definitely don't pay much more than that for it!

bread's done
Back