The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to cancel my regular HC edition of the Zelda Art so got both, these things are pretty huge! Guess since I got both I can open up the regular one and leave the Limited one sealed (for now).  Reminds me that I need to go and cancel one of the HC BoTW guides as well since they've got like 3 version of that thing now! Too many Zelda books! Ack!

For what they where charging, it should be JUMBO! Mine is actually due to arrive today as well, looking forward to it.
With the amazon promo in November for $10 off a $25 purchase made the book $15, for that it was def a was a solid price. $40 I can see being a bit of a harder sell but it is massive.

With the amazon promo in November for $10 off a $25 purchase made the book $15, for that it was def a was a solid price. $40 I can see being a bit of a harder sell but it is massive.
Anyone else order The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts with that coupon?
My order went up ~$5.

The book went from $15.46 (after the $10 off $25 coupon) to $20.37

I'm guessing the book price went down and it negated the coupon.

Kind of annoying.....

My Apologies, I was actually referring to the Limited Edition copy, as the standard version was priced well, as most of Amazon books are. I bought the LE book, and that was a kick to the nads to say the least. LOL

Anyone else order The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts with that coupon?
My order went up ~$5.

The book went from $15.46 (after the $10 off $25 coupon) to $20.37

I'm guessing the book price went down and it negated the coupon.

Kind of annoying.....
Email them about it. They should help you.

My Apologies, I was actually referring to the Limited Edition copy, as the standard version was priced well, as most of Amazon books are. I bought the LE book, and that was a kick to the nads to say the least. LOL
Ah ok. The standard one looks really nice IMO actually. Very impressed with it to be honest.

I asked them a couple times about the $5 price change for the The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts. They gave no shits and said they won't be changing the price. Maybe you can find on to give you a $5 coupon though.

But I stuck it to them and canceled my order, yeah!...

I placed a few orders with the Target B2G1 promo. Had a few books show up today, but some appear to be making detours. My Zelda book departs UPS Mail Innovations en route to USPS yesterday afternoon but hasn't shown up in the USPS system yet. Another package departed UPS at the exact same timestamp and got here this morning.

Another package, with Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, and AC Syndicate books was successfully transferred to the postal service...in a city 200 miles away. Hopefully everything makes its way through eventually. Anyone have any experience with Target customer service in case something goes wrong?

Here's a KS campaign that is ending in a few days for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Collected Works "Reprint". I bought this book when it was first offered years ago in their first KS, and I guess it sold out and demand was so high, the creator decided to offer it again.

It's already been funded, but if your into quality gaming art books, this is a great one. There should be plenty of reviews of the first edition for those who want to see what it's about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works-reprint?ref=48hr

One of the best books art books I have ever bought. Cover is great, all the photos are well done, the scans of the original plans on a fold out are amazing, and I cannot recommend this book enough.
Yeah, you can tell a lot of love and care went in to this one, as I agree, it's one of the best.

Haven't been in the artbook game in ages, but any thoughts on the BotW artbook? Any good? I had the Hyrule Historia LE and thought it was decent but I only paid $45 for that. Is the BotW Arts and Artifacts LE worth $70? 

Haven't been in the artbook game in ages, but any thoughts on the BotW artbook? Any good? I had the Hyrule Historia LE and thought it was decent but I only paid $45 for that. Is the BotW Arts and Artifacts LE worth $70?
Where u see Breath of the Wild artbook?

Here's a KS campaign that is ending in a few days for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Collected Works "Reprint". I bought this book when it was first offered years ago in their first KS, and I guess it sold out and demand was so high, the creator decided to offer it again.

It's already been funded, but if your into quality gaming art books, this is a great one. There should be plenty of reviews of the first edition for those who want to see what it's about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works-reprint?ref=48hr

Is it just art?

I really love the books that talk about each game for a system, the history behind it and such. Kind of like that nes guide pat the nes punk did, or the one that covered the n64 and all its games. Wish I could find more like those two that did a systems entire history. I really really wanted that kickstarter for the neogeo one but it got shut down before it could finish.

Do you mean TLoZ? There isn't any BotW-specific artbook in English that I know of; Art and Artifacts covers the whole Zelda series including that game.

It's a pretty large and comprehensive artbook. I flipped through the Japanese edition some time ago and it seems to be the kind of thing that any Zelda fan would love-- it's got a heavier focus on art than Hyrule Historia and there's a ton of it, much of it promo illustrations. The regular edition would certainly be worth it at full price, but I don't know about the LE.

There is text as well, but not an in depth look at each title. Just search the book on google, and look for reviews, and you can get more info on if it's something you may be interested in.
Ah well it doesnt sound like what Im looking for. Thanks for the response.

Where u see Breath of the Wild artbook?
Do you mean TLoZ? There isn't any BotW-specific artbook in English that I know of; Art and Artifacts covers the whole Zelda series including that game.

It's a pretty large and comprehensive artbook. I flipped through the Japanese edition some time ago and it seems to be the kind of thing that any Zelda fan would love-- it's got a heavier focus on art than Hyrule Historia and there's a ton of it, much of it promo illustrations. The regular edition would certainly be worth it at full price, but I don't know about the LE.
My bad, didn't realize the A&A book was for the entire series.

Ah well it doesnt sound like what Im looking for. Thanks for the response.
The Hyrule Encyclopedia sounds like it would fit your tastes. It's supposedly coming out sometime this year as part of the 30th Anniversary books for Zelda. I suppose it will be an updated Hyrule Historia.

Did anyone get the LE Art of Horizon ZD from Another Universe? I ordered one a few days ago and was wondering how do they ship it and do they pack it well? Mine shipped earlier today but there's no tracking or anything, outside of them saying it's shipped via Fedex. 

Did anyone get the LE Art of Horizon ZD from Another Universe? I ordered one a few days ago and was wondering how do they ship it and do they pack it well? Mine shipped earlier today but there's no tracking or anything, outside of them saying it's shipped via Fedex.
It comes in a protective box like most of the LE books do currently(where it keeps the book from getting dinged at the corners), and then it was in a bigger box with tons of packaging peanuts. An A+ job as far as books go. I wish every retail operation shipped like this, as I would never get a damaged item.

It comes in a protective box like most of the LE books do currently(where it keeps the book from getting dinged at the corners), and then it was in a bigger box with tons of packaging peanuts. An A+ job as far as books go. I wish every retail operation shipped like this, as I would never get a damaged item.
Mine was in a protective box, but only had a bubble mailer surrounding it...what's with that?

It arrived with very slight damage.

Mine was in a protective box, but only had a bubble mailer surrounding it...what's with that?

It arrived with very slight damage.
Mmmmm, I guess I spoke to soon. I did order 2 copies, so maybe that is why mine came in a box. I actually probably order more game books than actual games, and most of the places that deal strictly in books, comics etc, normally ship securely(even when it's 1 item).

You should contact them and get a replacement, as this book is to rare and expensive to send in such a manner.

That's good to know. It looks like it's sold out now so I'm glad I ordered. Hopefully it arrives without damage.

And wow, only 300 were made.. I kept thinking that it was 3,000.

That's good to know. It looks like it's sold out now so I'm glad I ordered. Hopefully it arrives without damage.

And wow, only 300 were made.. I kept thinking that it was 3,000.
Most of these books get real small runs. The art of MGS5 LE got 400 I believe. The 1000 or more count ones are normally for "N" stuff, as that stuff sales like crazy.

Most of these books get real small runs. The art of MGS5 LE got 400 I believe. The 1000 or more count ones are normally for "N" stuff, as that stuff sales like crazy.
Yeah, I had one of those pre-order but when it stuck around as long as it did, I figured the actual number wasn't 400 but really 4,000 so I cancelled. Oh well... wasn't really a fan of that game's art or anything. Horizon looks awesome though so definitely glad I got one of the LE artbooks.

Yeah, I had one of those pre-order but when it stuck around as long as it did, I figured the actual number wasn't 400 but really 4,000 so I cancelled. Oh well... wasn't really a fan of that game's art or anything. Horizon looks awesome though so definitely glad I got one of the LE artbooks.
Yeah, a lot of the Sony specific games do get larger runs sometimes, it just depends. Yeah, since I first saw ZERO Dawn, I knew I wanted the art book, and I was glad to see when it was posted here, as I would have probably missed it otherwise, as it was sold directly from Titan.

I plan to get the game to, as it will be one of my first buys when I get my PS4.

I didn't even realize Another World had that many LE's, though with most of the regular ones at 25-30% off and then the B2G1 free from Target, I'm fine with the regular edition of a lot of those for $18. I didn't realize there was this one for Fable Legends Did that book actually ship, since the game itself was cancelled?

I didn't even realize Another World had that many LE's, though with most of the regular ones at 25-30% off and then the B2G1 free from Target, I'm fine with the regular edition of a lot of those for $18. I didn't realize there was this one for Fable Legends Did that book actually ship, since the game itself was cancelled?
They show inventory, so they must have it, as I can add it to my cart. I'm unfamiliar with the game, how long before release was it canceled? Most of these types of books start production at some point during the game development, so if they canceled it late, the publisher might have already invested funds, and it was to late to stop production, so they just released it.

Looks like the game was fairly close to launch before Microsoft decided to scrap production and scrap $75 million.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/12/11663574/lionhead-studios-closed-fable-legends-fable-4

The reviews for the regular edition of the art book are pretty good on Amazon
Damn, that's brutal. So yeah, this book was probably done, or really close, and those involved didn't want to flush money like MS did, so it got released. I might have to look in to this, and see if I may like the book, as I don't see to many game books get released for games that didn't get made.

Saw this thread and decided to place an order for the Fable Legends LE and Deus Ex Mankind Divded LE. I can't wait to see that Fable LE.

Update: Just got a shipping notification for both artbooks :)

Update #2: Got my order in today. Both books are gorgeous. I was extremely happy with how they packaged them as well. My only complaint was that the company told me the books had shipped but didn't send me a tracking number until a few days after they shipped and about a day before they arrived. Kind of weird and defeats the purpose of tracking it to begin with. Other than that I am extremely happy.

Prima published the Half Life 2: Raising the Bar art book. Not sure if there are others. BadyGames also published a couple and I think they're pretty much the same company now.

Prima published the Half Life 2: Raising the Bar art book. Not sure if there are others. BadyGames also published a couple and I think they're pretty much the same company now.
I just looked that one up, and it seems like a solid effort, as the reviews are pretty good for it, and the pics I found look good as well. Hopefully the Persona book ends up as well.

The Playstation Anthology Kickstarter is active, and for anyone who bought their N64 Anthology, knows the quality and the effort put forth.

Yes, the price here is higher than what I'm sure it will retail at Amazon in the future, so if your "that guy", don't bother here, just wait. For those who want to support this project, and get the exclusive KS only edition, please pledge.

If everyone took the wait and see attitude, none of this type of stuff would ever get made, so there would be no cheap option later, so please keep that in mind.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099439603/playstation-anthology?ref=email

I have the N64 Anthology Collector's Edition Box Set and it's really nice. I kinda wish there was a box set for the PS one.

I have the N64 Anthology Collector's Edition Box Set and it's really nice. I kinda wish there was a box set for the PS one.
The PS1 had way more games and I'm sure a bigger story to tell over that of the N64, so a slipcase with 2 books like that would have been really cool. In the end, it's an extra expense, and they may have decided 1 bigger book was better than the big and small with the slipcase option. Either way, I'm glad a book like this is getting done.

I'll echo my support for what a nice book this is likely to be. Went in for the collector's edition to go along with my N64 CE. The shipping fee hurts though - 20 Euro to ship to the US, which wouldn't be outrageous to ship from Europe, but they say they'll be distributing the US books from within the US. 

Sort of amusing, they have almost 200 backers already, and only 2 have backed for the regular edition

bread's done
Back