The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, better to deal with it today than tomorrow. It's going to be insane. Did you get $20 off the bundle with gcu too? That's a sweet deal, Mario party + joycons for $80.
I did except they have no idea what happened with my order. They didn't get a copy for release day for my pre-order. When I stopped in on Friday, they had to spend 20 minutes calling into corporate support to get help, only to tell me they had a tracking number and it would be Tuesday (yesterday). The pickup order still didn't get updated, so I called them today (customer service center, not the store) and they don't have any details of a tracking number, so they put in a request to the store manager to look into this and call me. They haven't called me yet. I'm going to go to the store later since I'll be nearby.

If I don't have the game today, even if they told me it would be here yesterday, I'm going to demand some sort of compensation. Through the website chat, they already gave me a $5 RZ certificate. If they screw up again today, I'll be asking for more.

And to answer your question, yeah, I got the GCU discount an $1 off store pick-up, for $78.99 total.

slightly off topic, but anyone else getting a coupon offer for buy Bayonetta 2 or MH art books from AMZ? It's not a huge difference, but I am seeing it on the listing. Debating whether I should buy now or wait.

EDIT: a word

Geeks-Line is having 25% off from now until the 30th, just use code BLACKFR2018 at checkout. This should be good for the discount on everything except for the SNES Anthology which is a pre-order item. I'm not sure how bad the shipping fees may be, but their "Anthology" series is some of the best and most high quality books around and I can't recommend them enough.

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com

Finally got back in town to receive my Dask Souls III Design Works preorder and it’s completely smashed. Cover bent, pages torn. I hope Amazon restocks soon so they can replace it

I have about 5 hardcover artbooks that I'm trying to get replacements for right now. It's getting to be really annoying. I'm not sure how such big sturdy books can end up damaged so easily; it seems like an oxymoron. 

I have about 5 hardcover artbooks that I'm trying to get replacements for right now. It's getting to be really annoying. I'm not sure how such big sturdy books can end up damaged so easily; it seems like an oxymoron.
Amazon's become my last choice for books these days. The one exception is children's books for my nephews as gifts, since they have a great selection and (probably due to their light weights) they tend not to get too damaged in transit.

On a related note, I like Things From Another World for many graphic novels and artbooks. They do a decent job with their packaging and have some great sales. TFAW's founder also started Dark Horse Comics, and thus it's the closest thing that publisher has to an official store.

They are having a pretty great sale right now, which includes a handful of video game artbooks for 70% off (Fire Emblem Awakening, MGSV, Mass Effect, and others). It ends Monday, and there's a free shipping deal going on, too (coupon code: FREESHIP50 - good for orders containing $50 or more of in-stock comics/graphic novels).

Another non-Amazon store I like to recommend for graphic novels/artbooks is good ol' Right Stuf. Their annual crazy huge holiday sale started the week of Black Friday, and new items were just added yesterday. There aren't many artbooks on sale yet, but more items will be added on a weekly basis as the sale goes on.

Amazon's become my last choice for books these days. The one exception is children's books for my nephews as gifts, since they have a great selection there and they tend not to get too damaged in transit.

On a related note, I like Things From Another World for many graphic novels and artbooks. They do a decent job with their packaging and have some great sales. The store's founder also started Dark Horse Comics, and thus TFAW is the closest thing that publisher has to an official store.

They are having a pretty great sale right now, which includes a handful of video game artbooks for 70% off (Fire Emblem: Awakening, MGSV, Mirror's Edge, and others). It ends Monday, and there's a free shipping deal going on right now, too (coupon code: FREESHIP50).
I quite like them, too. They actually have a store front that I drive by on the way to work every day. I've gone in there since I was a child, so I have a strong nostalgic bond with that place. Haha

And Dark Horse offices are actually tight across the street, too, so this might be like their headquarters or something.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Just like the old saying, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. The same applies to these big heavy books, as the bigger and more weighted, the more damage every time(at least in my experiences). I get small softcover books in bubble mailers all the time, and those arrive more often than not with no issues. If I think a book may be limited, or OOP by release, I always order 2 copies from Amazon. That way, I know more often than not, I can get a decent copy for my troubles. Then I just send one back as damaged, as that's always the case anyways. LOL

Amazon's become my last choice for books these days. The one exception is children's books for my nephews as gifts, since they have a great selection and (probably due to their light weights) they tend not to get too damaged in transit.

On a related note, I like Things From Another World for many graphic novels and artbooks. They do a decent job with their packaging and have some great sales. TFAW's founder also started Dark Horse Comics, and thus it's the closest thing that publisher has to an official store.

They are having a pretty great sale right now, which includes a handful of video game artbooks for 70% off (Fire Emblem Awakening, MGSV, Mass Effect, and others). It ends Monday, and there's a free shipping deal going on, too (coupon code: FREESHIP50 - good for orders containing $50 or more of in-stock comics/graphic novels).

Another non-Amazon store I like to recommend for graphic novels/artbooks is good ol' Right Stuf. Their annual crazy huge holiday sale started the week of Black Friday, and new items were just added yesterday. There aren't many artbooks on sale yet, but more items will be added on a weekly basis as the sale goes on.
I have over $50 of in-stock art books in my cart and the free shipping code will not work. Anybody get it to work.

Just like the old saying, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. The same applies to these big heavy books, as the bigger and more weighted, the more damage every time(at least in my experiences). I get small softcover books in bubble mailers all the time, and those arrive more often than not with no issues. If I think a book may be limited, or OOP by release, I always order 2 copies from Amazon. That way, I know more often than not, I can get a decent copy for my troubles. Then I just send one back as damaged, as that's always the case anyways. LOL
Are you worried at all that they'll cancel your account for returns (despite being legitimate)? I've just heard horror stories about accounts being closed even when it's their fault for damaged goods. I haven't sent books back to them yet (at least not that I recall), but I receive damaged Blu-rays from them frequently that I sometimes return. A lot of the products I've received from Amazon that are damaged were clearly damaged before shipping as well since the packaging was perfectly intact.

Last edited:
Are you worried at all that they'll cancel your account for returns (despite being legitimate)? I've just heard horror stories about accounts being closed even when it's their fault for damaged goods. I haven't sent books back to them yet (at least not that I recall), but I receive damaged Blu-rays from them frequently that I sometimes return. A lot of the products I've received from Amazon that are damaged were clearly damaged before shipping as well since the packaging was perfectly intact.
Yeah, I've heard and seen the warnings here for years, but have never given them much thought honestly. The amount I order from them is insane, and the handful of items I order in this fashion make up less than 1% of any years orders, so why would I have a problem? I'm only in my second year of Prime service, as I came late to the party, but it's been mostly for business, so it hasn't bothered me to much that it has gone tits up in recent times. I can't imagine them having an issue, as I know many are dropping that service due to how bad it's getting, so for that reason alone, I don't see them given me any shit really. Could that change at some point? I'm sure it could.

I normally don't offer returns myself online, but if I had a customer who spent the amount I do, and then wanted to return stuff in the 1% range, I would be all good, as I would be making way more than I would ever be loosing. Of course that would rarely happen, as my packaging is mostly bullet proof, but Amazon could never make that claim. LOL

9 out of 10 items arrive damaged from them, but the books are all I ever return, as I collect them and condition is a requirement. So if I returned all my damages, I would probably be in trouble, but I don't bother unless an item is broke and not usable. I also contact CS very rarely, but when I do, they know its a good reason, as I end up dealing with a supervisor more often than not. As I always want to make sure someone in authority knows the BS going on, and that I have a record of said issues.

A couple new retro anthology books popped up on fangamer. They're in the same vein as the NES Works volumes. Has anyone on here bought the NES ones? How do they compare to the Bitmap Books compendiums or Geeks Line anthologies?

Game Boy Works Vol. 1 - https://www.fangamer.com/products/game-boy-works-volume-i

Game Boy Works Vol. 2 - https://www.fangamer.com/products/game-boy-works-volume-ii

$29 each (save $3 if you preorder both volumes)

product_gameboyworks_1_itemview_300x300.png
product_gameboyworks_2_itemview_300x300.png
I actually ordered the 2 NES ones during Fangamer's Black Friday sale where you could get both for $43 shipped. I'll probably use the quality of those (when I receive them) to determine whether I should preorder these. I imagine they will be a bit more expensive, especially with the shipping charge.

A couple new retro anthology books popped up on fangamer. They're in the same vein as the NES Works volumes. Has anyone on here bought the NES ones? How do they compare to the Bitmap Books compendiums or Geeks Line anthologies?

Game Boy Works Vol. 1 - https://www.fangamer.com/products/game-boy-works-volume-i

Game Boy Works Vol. 2 - https://www.fangamer.com/products/game-boy-works-volume-ii

$29 each (save $3 if you preorder both volumes)

product_gameboyworks_1_itemview_300x300.png
product_gameboyworks_2_itemview_300x300.png
Well, you know I bought them right, as what quality gaming books don't I buy? LOL

As for the quality, I bought them last year during this same period, as it had a similar deal, and both copies are still sealed on the floor next to my desk in my office. LOL

Having just opened vol. 1, it's a solid book and just what the pictures on the site show. Nice big quality pics, and pretty detailed text in regards to each release and it's history. This book is kind of like the Games Console book recently released, as it's great for the price, but I wouldn't say it matches up to the Geeks-Line or Bitmap books. Those cost more and cover a wider range of topics, and meet a very high standard. These are hardcover and have a dust jacket, which is pretty good for the price, and if they cost more, I would expect more. So having just opened my copy, it was a good buy and I'll for sure be grabbing the new ones when I get the funds.

Well, you know I bought them right, as what quality gaming books don't I buy? LOL

As for the quality, I bought them last year during this same period, as it had a similar deal, and both copies are still sealed on the floor next to my desk in my office. LOL

Having just opened vol. 1, it's a solid book and just what the pictures on the site show. Nice big quality pics, and pretty detailed text in regards to each release and it's history. This book is kind of like the Games Console book recently released, as it's great for the price, but I wouldn't say it matches up to the Geeks-Line or Bitmap books. Those cost more and cover a wider range of topics, and meet a very high standard. These are hardcover and have a dust jacket, which is pretty good for the price, and if they cost more, I would expect more. So having just opened my copy, it was a good buy and I'll for sure be grabbing the new ones when I get the funds.
lol....I was tempted to specifically call you out for your opinion!

Amazon currently has the SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and its Games , Vol. 1 (A-M) at its lowest price yet ($36.29). The price has been dropping though and could go down further. Seems to be a good resource and currently has all 5 star reviews. Looks like Vol. 2 is scheduled to come out in April.

https://www.amazon.com/SNES-Omnibus-Super-Nintendo-M/dp/0764355325/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543696038&sr=1-1&keywords=snes+omnibus
Thanks for the heads up, as I've had this on my wish-list since I first saw it, but just haven't had the extra funds to grab a copy. I've actually met Brett and have some of his past books as well(signed of course), and he makes some quality products.

I like to imagine your house is like walking into a bookstore by now.

I just had to order another bookcase. This one will be by my nightstand and hold my book backlog

I like to imagine your house is like walking into a bookstore by now.

I just had to order another bookcase. This one will be by my nightstand and hold my book backlog
It's actually beyond ridiculous at this point, and I'm not joking. This new year, I'll have been in my current home 8 years, and the last time I had books on a shelf was about 2 years before that(so about 10+ years ago). I had 2 pretty big book cases at that time, both full of course and I have collected continually ever since. High on my to do list, is to start a spread sheet for all my books and mags, as I don't know what I have, and what I don't at this point due to the chaos all around me. LOL

Just to show how bad it is, I have a stack of Udon books in my office, that I got from their last good BF sale of 2 years ago. The stack is sealed, unopened, and in the exact same spot for the last 2 years since they showed up. Most of the books I'm pretty sure I already had, but the deals where to good to pass up, but I can't sell any until I determine for sure what I have and what I don't.

I spy The Art of Midway. Noice!

I recommend getting the Art of Darkwatch. Maybe it’s already in there. Pic is blurry on my phone
It's in there, haha! I just need to organize the collection again; if you click the picture, there are a bunch of closer shots of what's on the shelves if you'd like.

This is probably the best thread when it comes to Art Books and books similar of the sort. I can always count to check on this every day/couple of days for some interesting stuff listed. Just picked up the MMM Complete Works book. Couldn't pass it up at that price. 

This is probably the best thread when it comes to Art Books and books similar of the sort. I can always count to check on this every day/couple of days for some interesting stuff listed. Just picked up the MMM Complete Works book. Couldn't pass it up at that price.
It's a team effort. We find deals, chrislaustin buys them and tells us if they're worth getting

HAHA. I need to start keeping a list of books that I own. I still have stuff in boxes so I'm at the point where I may or may not be buying doubles of stuff... Yikes.
Sadly I've been at that point for awhile, and would actually like to sell some things off, but can't because of not knowing what's what. LOL

I did, but I sold it pretty quick to recoup the cost of my personal copy. That was a recent buy, so I knew I could sell that at the time, as it had just showed up. LOL
Did you ever find out if the Mega Man Complete Works has anything substantial that's new? I was struggling with this myself a few weeks back

Did you ever find out if the Mega Man Complete Works has anything substantial that's new? I was struggling with this myself a few weeks back
Nope, still waiting on a reply here, but I guess I may need to look elsewhere, especially if I'm the go to guy for answers in this thread(how bad is that BTW). LOL

Nope, still waiting on a reply here, but I guess I may need to look elsewhere, especially if I'm the go to guy for answers in this thread(how bad is that BTW). LOL
Maybe comparing the number of pages between the softcover release and this new release?

It was never really mentioned that there would be additional content. I always figured it was more of a rerelease because the softcover version had gotten so expensive.

I really hope they eventually do the same thing for the breath of fire book. Market price on that one is dumb expensive

EDIT - Eyes of Bayonetta (1 & 2?) received the same treatment didn't they? I could've sworn the ones out rn are rereleases too and I don't believe there's extra content.

Try contacting Udon directly
Yeah, I'll check around when I get the time, I've just been real busy, and since I have the original, this isn't going anywhere soon, so it wasn't a rush either way. I'm tapped out right now because of the holidays(and home repairs), so unless it drops to $10, I'll have to wait. I figured it may have included some stuff from the latest game, as it seems silly to not offer at least some mention of that title, but who knows?

yeah You're getting it cheaper than anyone else who put a preorder on it. Like me. :T
Yeah. Kinda irritated at this. Amazon has been doing this a lot lately. I'm going to stop pre-ordering books. I've had items pre-ordered months ahead of time for the pre-order price guarantee, and within a week or so of shipping, sometimes even the day after(!), they are marked down well below what I paid for them.

Good price on the Megaman Complete Works. Just be prepared for some dinged corners as Amazon just ships it loose in a box.
Not only that, but a box WAY bigger than the actual book, so it gets tossed and rattled around as much as possible during shipping. I'd say 2 out of every 3 books I get from Amazon come damaged anymore.

Not only that, but a box WAY bigger than the actual book, so it gets tossed and rattled around as much as possible during shipping. I'd say 2 out of every 3 books I get from Amazon come damaged anymore.
I ended up getting a membership to Barnes and Noble. Online prices are comparable to Amazon, they have coupon codes pretty regularly, and they seem to do a little better job at shipping stuff. If you do use B&N, I've had better luck just ordering one book at a time. That way, they can use the cardboard book "envelopes" with the extra end crush protection vs boxes with one air pillow.

That said, I still use Amazon when it's the cheaper route.

I ended up getting a membership to Barnes and Noble. Online prices are comparable to Amazon, they have coupon codes pretty regularly, and they seem to do a little better job at shipping stuff. If you do use B&N, I've had better luck just ordering one book at a time. That way, they can use the cardboard book "envelopes" with the extra end crush protection vs boxes with one air pillow.

That said, I still use Amazon when it's the cheaper route.
Yeah, I agree on B&N packaging, as I've got maybe one damaged from them, and when I did, it's an easy exchange at my local store. As for their membership, it's become shit compared to the last several years, the same as most reward programs I guess. Prices used to be almost identical to Amazon, but for me, the last 6 months, I haven't had one book be cheaper at B&N. And the coupons used to be way more frequent, and I would get 2 of the best ones each time(4 total coupons). Now they rarely give any and when they do, it's just two,and only one is for the discount, the other is for the cafe or whatever.

Even with the 20% off coupons, the books are so much cheaper on Amazon, I'm still better off shopping there. I had several coupons that went to waste this year, as there was nothing I could buy where it would be a benefit to use. This only really started once I had renewed this year, which sucked, as I could have saved my money. If I don't see any major changes within the next 4-5 months, I probably won't be renewing the next time around, as I just don't shop there enough to make it worth the cost.

As a former employee of Barnes and Noble, I would not recommend the membership to anyone.
Thanks for the heads up, but where was this info 2+ years ago. LOL

No, but seriously, I've always got my $25 out of the deal each year, as I bought enough to warrant it. But this past year for the most part, they haven't nearly been matching Amazon like they used to, so it's become pretty useless in recent months.

bread's done
Back