The Where Is mykevermin Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant stop watching that warrior trailer... take my money! 

was the in game warrior footage taken directly from the old legends game? his model looks identical.. i was hoping for a more realistic model

Last edited by a moderator:
Punk/Lesnar segment was pretty outstanding. Laughed at the guy in the front row yelling at the doctors. "He doesn't need your help, Get offa him!"

That last part with Bryan being so over kinda gave me chills. Havent seen a person with that kind of reaction since Punk at MITB 11.

i cant stop watching that warrior trailer... take my money!

was the in game warrior footage taken directly from the old legends game? his model looks identical.. i was hoping for a more realistic model
You haven't seen a Yukes wrestling game in the last 2 years I take it. Their character models since WWE 12 have been downright ugly. There used to be a pic on the internet showing how Booker T looked worse in WWE 12 than he did in the old Smackdown vs. Raw games or in the TNA Impact game.

Edit: Found it.

tumblr_m9jy0kBwnU1qzl7f5o1_1280.png

And here's one of my man, Bret.

dnep1x.png

Also for some strange reason WWE opened up all but the final video from Raw last night on their YT page for comments. I ripped Cole on the Jericho vs. RVD one and also tweeted at him. How can anyone paid to call matches for 15 years STILL screw up what's a Liontamer vs. WWE-ized Walls of Jericho.

It's still the same - just post the link, but I read that it's been wonky for some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmjBesg4-8
Between him being featured and the Attitude mode of WWE 13 not going to be able to be outdone by Yukes, there's no chance in hell I'm touching that game. 2K needs to reboot and go with different devs next gen as the comparison pics I posted prove.

Sorry hate Warrior, Hogan, etc. One of the main reasons I didn't watch wrestling with any interest until around 90-91 when all the big guys who just punched and kicked were out and replaced by good big men like Undertaker and guys like Perfect, Savage, Flair, Bret, etc. became the featured guys.

I wouldn't mind Yuke's staying on with 2K if they stuck with either the WM/DoR/Wrestle Kingdom engine, or at least something like it that actually allowed you to have good matches easily instead of Press Y for Glorified Cutscene to Distract From Shitty Gameplay.

Hell I'd like the damn games if they didn't feel like Virtua Fighter. I can deal with the crappy cutscenes and glitches if they could just give me a match that looks even a little bit realistic. If you fall off a ladder to the outside, you should be done. You shouldn't be able to do a Donkey Kong roll, get back in the ring, and spam kicks until you get a finisher.

Unless 2K14 has The Fink in it, I think that was Legends of Wrestlemania. You can clearly see him in the background of Warrior's entrance.

Or maybe not. I now see a Raw hashtag graphic on the screen. I don't think that was in the Legends game.

Between him being featured and the Attitude mode of WWE 13 not going to be able to be outdone by Yukes, there's no chance in hell I'm touching that game. 2K needs to reboot and go with different devs next gen as the comparison pics I posted prove.
I've grown to like WWE 13, but Yuke's is still surprisingly terrible at something they supposedly do for a living. Judging from WWE 13, they've tried, but the engine still lacks a soul. I think my biggest gripe is how they chose to handle submissions.

The thing about the Yuke's games is that they obviously seem to want to appeal to the LCD. They could have gone the Fire Pro route with a system that requires a broader/deeper level of skill, but you gotta know that would be far less approachable.

That last part with Bryan being so over kinda gave me chills. Havent seen a person with that kind of reaction since Punk at MITB 11.
That was a neat moment. Mostly because of the Brooklyn crowd.

Very happy for Danielson. He has deserved the recognition, money, and to have his work shown on a larger stage for quite a while before WWE signed him.

Watched his match with Hero from PWG Guerre Sans Frontieres.

http://chasebygif.tumblr.com/post/55531158074/when-you-need-a-hero-remember-forever-hybrid

Anyone actually watch FCW? How has Hero been doing in the WWE developmental? Ya know, "Kassius Ohno wins" abbreviated is "K.O.W." Hello, Claudio Castagnoli/Antonio Cesaro.

Now, more than ever, WWE has been properly utilizing good indy talent. I have shit on them a lot over the years but am genuinely glad to see them finally get their shit together.

Anyone know why Yoenis Cespedes is holding the WWE belt on the front of ESPN.com after winning the Home Run Derby?

www.espn.com
Because he won...?

Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles, who is a big wrestling fan, was given a belt by Kevin Eck, who works for WWE. Jones gave the title to the Derby winner, Oakland A's outfielder Yoenis Cespedes.

Several players in sports have used Championship belts, by the way.

clinton-portis-broncos.jpg

mae1J9C.jpg

WNPtoxi.jpg

Now I remember where the "Am I lying" bit came from between Punk and Heyman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_svnsF5OLbI

I take back what I said about the movies earlier. But it was still great live TV.

Anyone actually watch FCW? How has Hero been doing in the WWE developmental? Ya know, "Kassius Ohno wins" abbreviated is "K.O.W." Hello, Claudio Castagnoli/Antonio Cesaro.

Now, more than ever, WWE has been properly utilizing good indy talent. I have shit on them a lot over the years but am genuinely glad to see them finally get their shit together.
I watch NXT (what FCW is called now) more religiously than RAW/Smackdown. It's a better product. i was at the last taping and Ohno was not there, I believe he is injured or something. Last time I saw him though, he seemed apt, though had a bit of pudge going by pro wrestler standards.

I'm thinking of taking a look at the new place they opened up. I assume thats where all the nXt tapings will be now?
Actually, they are different. The Performance Center that just opened up is just for training and is nearby, but the tapings themselves take place at a performance venue at Full Sail University. It's actually a very nice venue, with an Ale House in the parking lot, and food trucks show up before the event, giving it a tailgate like feel. Definitely worth seeing, though shows have been sold out lately, as the product gains steam. I'll put up some pictures later from the last show, I didn't get much because my phone was dying.

Hope Myke is cool. Several of us just don't post as much anymore b/c CAG 3.0 is terrible to navigate. I know Scorch isn't posting nearly as much b/c he hates it.

Actually, they are different. The Performance Center that just opened up is just for training and is nearby, but the tapings themselves take place at a performance venue at Full Sail University. It's actually a very nice venue, with an Ale House in the parking lot, and food trucks show up before the event, giving it a tailgate like feel. Definitely worth seeing, though shows have been sold out lately, as the product gains steam. I'll put up some pictures later from the last show, I didn't get much because my phone was dying.
Ahhh, Full Sail isn't to far. Maybe we should hit up a taping when it's not full. Let me know through PM.

Hope Myke is cool. Several of us just don't post as much anymore b/c CAG 3.0 is terrible to navigate. I know Scorch isn't posting nearly as much b/c he hates it.
Oh well, his loss. I can't believe that some people are that fucking anal about shit. Deal with change or lock yourself in your bathroom.

Ahhh, Full Sail isn't to far. Maybe we should hit up a taping when it's not full. Let me know through PM.
Yeah for sure. Here's some pics, again, very few, out of order and not the best. I try to just enjoy the show:

1074902_10102183000191962_1037597703_o.jpg

1009647_10102183000326692_156419866_o.jpg

1072475_10102183000466412_364951229_o.jpg

1073921_10102183000531282_1842491615_o.jpg

202230_10102183000725892_1380461491_o.jpg

703608_10102183000895552_1954521034_o.jpg

Randy Orton injured

WWE released the following this morning.

"At Tuesday night’s SmackDown television taping, Mr. Money in the Bank Randy Orton was injured during his match against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

According to WWE medical personnel, the nine-time World Champion suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia."

WWE takes all issues seriously, especially those of the neck. This one is serious too. This is how a medical site described the injury.

"Neuropraxia of the cervical spinal cord is a rare condition which is almost exclusively reported in American football players following cervical hyperextension or hyperflexion trauma. In this entity-neurological symptoms of both arms and legs for a period of up to 15 minutes are observed with complete recovery. We report the characteristics of five patients not involved in contact sport activities with a neuropraxia of the spinal cord following cervical trauma. In four of the five patients, this syndrome was associated with a cervical canal stenosis. Surgical decompression was performed in two patients with progressive neurological symptoms after an initial period of recovery. The cases illustrates that although neuropraxia of the spinal cord is usually seen in athletes, also other persons may be at risk for developing this condition, especially when a preexisting spinal stenosis is present. Patients who experienced neuropraxia of the spinal cord should thus be evaluated carefully for the presence of cervical spinal cord abnormalities."

Obviously, WWE will tread slowly when dealing with an injury like this one. Recovery time is said to be six weeks at a minimum.

Randy Orton injured

WWE released the following this morning.
"At Tuesday night’s SmackDown television taping, Mr. Money in the Bank Randy Orton was injured during his match against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

According to WWE medical personnel, the nine-time World Champion suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia."

WWE takes all issues seriously, especially those of the neck. This one is serious too. This is how a medical site described the injury.

"Neuropraxia of the cervical spinal cord is a rare condition which is almost exclusively reported in American football players following cervical hyperextension or hyperflexion trauma. In this entity-neurological symptoms of both arms and legs for a period of up to 15 minutes are observed with complete recovery. We report the characteristics of five patients not involved in contact sport activities with a neuropraxia of the spinal cord following cervical trauma. In four of the five patients, this syndrome was associated with a cervical canal stenosis. Surgical decompression was performed in two patients with progressive neurological symptoms after an initial period of recovery. The cases illustrates that although neuropraxia of the spinal cord is usually seen in athletes, also other persons may be at risk for developing this condition, especially when a preexisting spinal stenosis is present. Patients who experienced neuropraxia of the spinal cord should thus be evaluated carefully for the presence of cervical spinal cord abnormalities."

Obviously, WWE will tread slowly when dealing with an injury like this one. Recovery time is said to be six weeks at a minimum.
TIL Randy Orton has a cervix.

According to this, he wasn't released. His contract just expired.

TNA released Tara as a cost-cutting move. Regarding Doc’s release, his contract negotiations went on too long and his deal expired. Doc had been figured into creative plans with an eventual babyface turn.

Doc’s departure is being blamed on Bruce Prichard, head of Creative and Talent Relations.

I don't completely loathe CAG 3.0 (though I did at first, the white layout was blinding), I just haven't really watched wrestling since April. I've heard it's been getting better though, which is great. I may have to tune in to see what the Wyatt family thing is all about. Heard RVD is back, too.

Speaking of RVD, I'm playing Saints Row 3 since it was free for Playstation Plus awhile back. RVD as the game show co-host sounds so much like Hogan as Angel de la Muerte that I honestly thought they had booked Hogan to voice two separate roles until I looked it up.

I don't completely loathe CAG 3.0 (though I did at first, the white layout was blinding), I just haven't really watched wrestling since April. I've heard it's been getting better though, which is great. I may have to tune in to see what the Wyatt family thing is all about. Heard RVD is back, too.
Just do what I do (since I don't have pay TV) and watch the YT feeds. You get the jist of all the matches and storylines. If you want to see the whole Raw & Smackdown & Impact, and also have access to NXT, which seems to be awesome from the recommendations here, then subscribe to Hulu Plus.

I've grown to like WWE 13, but Yuke's is still surprisingly terrible at something they supposedly do for a living. Judging from WWE 13, they've tried, but the engine still lacks a soul. I think my biggest gripe is how they chose to handle submissions.

The thing about the Yuke's games is that they obviously seem to want to appeal to the LCD. They could have gone the Fire Pro route with a system that requires a broader/deeper level of skill, but you gotta know that would be far less approachable.
FWIW, I feel like the submissions in that game are one of the least offensive things in there. It's atleast realistic in the sense that submissions never win matches in real life unless you're John Cena. :bouncy:

I try not to jump on bandwagons, but after several years this finally hit me:

This has been said a million times, but after watching Money in the Bank again I realized why Cena is so unbearable to watch..it isn't his character or shitty mic skills, it's the fact that NONE OF HIS MOVES LOOK PAINFUL WHATSOEVER.

It's literally like watching an adult wrestle a stuffed animal or a pillow. The STF? He lays on top of someone and yells. Seriously. I think I could stomach the horrid poopie jokes and shitty merchandise if the guy at least looked like a credible threat in the ring.

With Orton hurt it makes me wonder if they'll pull a Mr. Kennedy and have him drop his briefcase, just to be safe. Could lead to a Maddox/Orton feud, which I'd rather see than Orton with a title again. Could also lead to The Wyatts taking him off television, which would make them look like gold in the process. 

Scorch the company is slowly shifting towards a more worker based style than the musclehead style of a few years ago.

Matches have consistently gotten longer and longer and they're getting pretty good. The Bryan/Orton series was quite good and more than anything, they've been been giving the wrestling aspect of WWE more and more time. Their street fight was an amazing main event you should go out of your way to watch. 

Orton/Fandango went 14 minutes, Del Rio/Ziggler went 13 minutes, and Jericho/RVD went 22 minutes. If you like professional wrestling, WWE is starting to become worth your time again. The Punk/Heyman angle was setup beautifully as well. The crowds have been getting better as well. 

FWIW, I feel like the submissions in that game are one of the least offensive things in there. It's atleast realistic in the sense that submissions never win matches in real life unless you're John Cena. :bouncy:
Hehehe... ;) I have no issue with the actual submission system, though I think they should have used the precision pin system for submissions instead of button mashing.

My issue is that not all submissions are actually submissions. Submissions that are actually viable submissions and prompt the button-mashing screen are so few. There are some good submissions that aren't "Breaking Point(TM)" submissions. Maybe they ran out of time?

Headed to SDCC today. Anyone have anything they want me to ask Ziggler or Miz?
I can't think of anything, but please let us know if anyone asks anything interesting.

Scorch the company is slowly shifting towards a more worker based style than the musclehead style of a few years ago.

Matches have consistently gotten longer and longer and they're getting pretty good.
This might sound blasphemous, but I think WWE is the best it has ever been.

Punk, Black, Castagnoli, Danielson, Hero, Moxley, Generico, PAC, Keenan, with The Briscoes incoming, and maybe Edwards and Richards. They have too much talent to hold back with their terrible ring style. They are hitting a point where the ring style seems to be slowly evolving into actual wrasslin. Not quite PWG but far better than The Bellas. Not bad. Sure beats Savio Vega, Crush, and/or Jesse and Festus.

Headed to SDCC today. Anyone have anything they want me to ask Ziggler or Miz?
Ask Miz if he actually believes that he's still relevant.

This might sound blasphemous, but I think WWE is the best it has ever been.

Punk, Black, Castagnoli, Danielson, Hero, Moxley, Generico, PAC, Keenan, with The Briscoes incoming, and maybe Edwards and Richards. They have too much talent to hold back with their terrible ring style. They are hitting a point where the ring style seems to be slowly evolving into actual wrasslin. Not quite PWG but far better than The Bellas. Not bad. Sure beats Savio Vega, Crush, and/or Jesse and Festus.
How dare you, sir! They gave us the instant classic "Biscuits and Gravy"!

If I could get a condensed version of WWE's programming with just the good wrestling with guys I'm interested in I'd probably check it out again. After a few years of not watching WWE, though, it would take something pretty incredible to get me to watch an entire 3 hour show. TNA and ROH fill my wrestling needs quite well for the time being.

Wyatt Family on Main Event 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sd5ydOuy7XU

Trish Pregnant: 

Trish-Stratus-Pregnant.png

Amazing Mark Henry interview:

Stories about not accepting ribbing, coming up in the Dungeon, and more. Really great humanizing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V7byiiAk7oA

If I could get a condensed version of WWE's programming with just the good wrestling with guys I'm interested in I'd probably check it out again. After a few years of not watching WWE, though, it would take something pretty incredible to get me to watch an entire 3 hour show. TNA and ROH fill my wrestling needs quite well for the time being.
PWG sates my wrasslin cravings. WWE clips from their official YouTube channel sates my craving for PWG between shows/DVD shipments. ;)

In case anyone is wondering, Virgil is still pimping the replica Million Dollar Belt and banner with DiBiase's name on it.

Also, watch the Wyatt promo from Monday and imagine he's only talking to Kane. His father lied to him, his brother betrayed him...

Ask Miz if he actually believes that he's still relevant.

How dare you, sir! They gave us the instant classic "Biscuits and Gravy"!

I'm sorry to say but Ring of Honor has fallen off a cliff. If you're going to be watching indie shows, PWG, Dragon Gate USA, and Evolve are where it's at right now. PWG has inherently become a standalone version of WCW's cruiserweight division.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YxWrjFM5Phc

Also: PWG Kyle O' Reily is fucking hilarious. SLEAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back