The Wii VC Thread - 12/31/07: Bubble Bobble, Light Crusader, Top Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanac is a very good shooter, my favorite of the NES era. Very challenging, and its touted "adaptive difficulty" works as advertised, better than in many "new generation" shooters.

See here's my problem.
I kinda want to play Eternal Champions.
However, Pokemon Snap comes out next week.

I most likely won't have enough space to download BOTH.
See the problem Nintendo?
No. I don't want to delete and store any games. This is just stupid.

I find it funny that I only ahve 195 BLOCKS of memory.. However, I have like 17 channels still available.

You guys are out of your mind, Pokemon Snap was one of the worst ideas ever put into productuion on a video game console. It's way too short and way too shallow to be anywhere even close to enjoyable. You can essentially do everything possible in the game within a half an hour. To each his own I guess

[quote name='spmahn']You guys are out of your mind, Pokemon Snap was one of the worst ideas ever put into productuion on a video game console. It's way too short and way too shallow to be anywhere even close to enjoyable. You can essentially do everything possible in the game within a half an hour. To each his own I guess[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. It DOES take sometime to learn all the little tricks in the game. Many many things you can do with the apples & purple balls and the Pokemon. Yes, you can BEAT the game in a half hour..but did you get the highest scores possible? Sometimes trying to get the highest score(s) possible makes a game worth replaying over & over. See Ghost Squad. Fun game, but can be beat in 30 minutes.

How in the world do some of you have so little blocks left? I still have about over 1,000, yet I've downloade all of the available channels, one NES game, two SNES games, one Genesis game and one N64 game.

Do you guys download everything you see? o_O;

If I had some Wii Points, I'd dive for Eternal Champions.

[quote name='Tsukento']How in the world do some of you have so little blocks left? I still have about over 1,000, yet I've downloade all of the available channels, one NES game, two SNES games, one Genesis game and one N64 game.

Do you guys download everything you see? o_O;

If I had some Wii Points, I'd dive for Eternal Champions.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten a TON of points from Gaminglagoon...(like I had 12,000 points at one point) so yes I do have a lot of games. But so what? They offer all of these games and if someone wants them.. hell, we should be able to download as many as we want. This is just putting a hault to future downloads for me. Basically after Snap next week, I may have to reconsider downloading games..which in the end is Nintendo's fault..not MINE because I downloaded so many.

Sigh. Just wish we had an option to expand space.. :whistle2:( This can't be said enough.

eternal champs is tempting, great game. i'm waitin for the turbografx basketball game, i cant remember the name though

[quote name='lilboo']Sigh. Just wish we had an option to expand space.. :whistle2:( This can't be said enough.[/quote]
You COULD delete games and redownload them later without paying again for them. You can also copy and transfer them to SD Cards (though you can't play the games directly from the cards).

I do agree the lack of extra storage is ridiculous, though you don't HAVE to download everything you see.

[quote name='spmahn']You guys are out of your mind, Pokemon Snap was one of the worst ideas ever put into productuion on a video game console. It's way too short and way too shallow to be anywhere even close to enjoyable. You can essentially do everything possible in the game within a half an hour. To each his own I guess[/quote]

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with it either. I remember renting it when it came out. It was a fun game, but way too short. I doubt I'll buy it for 10$ on the VC.

[quote name='Tsukento']You COULD delete games and redownload them later without paying again for them. You can also copy and transfer them to SD Cards (though you can't play the games directly from the cards).

I do agree the lack of extra storage is ridiculous, though you don't HAVE to download everything you see.[/QUOTE]

I did store 2 games on an SD card AND deleted them off my Wii.
Point is, eventually most people whom actively download from the Shop Channel (even if you average at 1 game per month will go through this problem of space. We shouldn't have to limit ourselves from purchases and need to download/redownload or copy from the SD card. Yes, it is the only thing we CAN do now.

But if I have the points and I have an interest in these games..why should I NOT download them? That's silly.

I think I have 800-900 blocks left, and I have downloaded Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3, Mario 64, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II, Zelda and Zelda II, Toejam and Earl, Shining Force, and Punch Out. That and the standard channel downloads.

[quote name='wheels']eternal champs is tempting, great game. i'm waitin for the turbografx basketball game, i cant remember the name though[/QUOTE]

TV Sports Baseketball.

im having trouble filling up my channels because there is really nothing i want.....

Lilboo,
what size SD cards are you using? couldnt a 4 or an 8 gb sd card solve your problem? I can feel ya on the deleting thing...but i guess thats why Nintendo made the expandable SD slot...unless you can use and external HD through the USB ports..that could work....

How did you get all those points through Game Lagoon?

[quote name='integralsmatic']TV Sports Baseketball.

im having trouble filling up my channels because there is really nothing i want.....

Lilboo,
what size SD cards are you using? couldnt a 4 or an 8 gb sd card solve your problem? I can feel ya on the deleting thing...but i guess thats why Nintendo made the expandable SD slot...unless you can use and external HD through the USB ports..that could work....

How did you get all those points through Game Lagoon?[/QUOTE]

I have a 2gb SD card. I'm not worried on my SD card. It's a pain in the ass to delete/store games or just re-download them.

And I have a ton of referrals so I got a TON of points. :)

I have 16 games (4 NES, 5 SNES, 3 N64, 2 GEN, 2 TG16) and eventually decided to keep most of them on an SD card to save space. I think I was down to about 700 blocks of storage, and the SD has 7000, so now I keep only the N64 games on the Wii's memory and transfer everything else over when I want to play. Even though it's a system that works in the short term, I still would greatly prefer external hard drive support and/or direct play off the SD card.

Nintendo releases the most digital content per week of any of the major three and its system has the lowest storage capacity. No amount of flowery PR or asinine analogies (refrigerator!?!?) can change that, and it's only going to get worse with the advent of WiiWare.

The Wikipedia for Japan's VC was updated.
Today, they got:
Pokemon Snap (N64) - 1000 points
Rolling Thunder 2 (Gen) - 600 Points
Gate of Thunder (TGCD) - 800 Points.

YAY Pokemon Snap in 6 days for us \\:D/

I recharged my WiiPoints last night in anticipation for Pokemon Snap next week. So, I decided to treat myself to Sin and Punishment since everyone speaks so fondly of it, and I think it's important to support Nintendo in bringing over imports (Mother/Earthbound 0 fingers crossed!) through the VC. It's a fun game, but I dislike the controls. Am I alone on that? I'm using the gamecube controller, and I'm having a hard time mastering the jump and move right/left buttons.
I apologize if this has been brought up already, but I don't feel like sifting through old pages.

I'm honestly hoping for Star Tropics to come next monday along with Pokemon Snap. Star Troppics was teh awesome back in the day. :D

Also, I wonder how they are going to handle the whole password thing that you need towards the end of the game. Originally you had to dip a piece of paper that came with the game into some water, then the password would appear. Obviously they can't do that this time around.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I recharged my WiiPoints last night in anticipation for Pokemon Snap next week. So, I decided to treat myself to Sin and Punishment since everyone speaks so fondly of it, and I think it's important to support Nintendo in bringing over imports (Mother/Earthbound 0 fingers crossed!) through the VC. It's a fun game, but I dislike the controls. Am I alone on that? I'm using the gamecube controller, and I'm having a hard time mastering the jump and move right/left buttons.
I apologize if this has been brought up already, but I don't feel like sifting through old pages.[/QUOTE]

try the classic controller. It works really well. I ALSO heard that if you use the Gamecube controller and you set the controls to type 3, that's supposed to work well. I can't confirm that, but I can confirm the classic controller is awesome for it :)

[quote name='Hovercraft']Bought my First VC game today! LTTP!

Think they release Earthbound and maybe translate Mother 3??[/QUOTE]

link to the past = awesome

[quote name='Hovercraft']Think they release Earthbound and maybe translate Mother 3??[/quote] Considering NoA acknowledged Mother 1 + 2 for the GBA and the past Fire Emblem games, yet did nothing to try and bring them over, I'm almost very doubtful we will see Mother on VC or even Mother 3 on the DS.

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']link to the past = awesome[/quote]

That it does. Best in the series IMO. Yes I love it even more than Ocarina of Time.

I remember, and still have, that Pokemon Snap card you got at Blockbuster from their kiosk or something.

You could take pics and save them to the card.
There was a contest or something.
I need to find that card, but it has Bulbasaur on the front and a little SIM card-like chip on the back.

YAY! Just cashed in another Wii Points Card.. (THANK YOU SOO MUCH GLAGOON!)

Current Wii Point Balance: 9900..yeah, that's right :razz:

I can probably fill up ANOTHER Wii!

Just redeemed my first Wii Points Card...feels a lot cheaper (the actual card) than I thought it would

I think I'll save my points til the Secret Santa thing...then if I don't end up getting SMB3, I'll get it myself :)

[quote name='E_G_Man']I was wondering, is the gifting feature working yet? If it is I would like to send my friend Snap.[/quote]

Nope not yet...soon hopefully

Whenever that gift feature becomes available I'm giving my friends what Nintendo should be giving straight out the box: Super Mario Bros. for everyone!

[quote name='NeoSmith19']That it does. Best in the series IMO. Yes I love it even more than Ocarina of Time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. I've never beaten OOT. Im at the Water temple in Master Quest.
ive beaten LTTP, LA, TP, WW, PH, yet not OOT or MM.

[quote name='Hovercraft']Yeah me too. I've never beaten OOT. Im at the Water temple in Master Quest.
ive beaten LTTP, LA, TP, WW, PH, yet not OOT or MM.[/quote]

I feel the game only starts getting really good after the fire temple, bar the water temple. the desert temple and the shadow temple are some of my favourite moments in gaming. though, I havent played master quest

I'm waiting for 10-Yard Fight for the NES to download. Apparantly I'm pretty good at this bad football game, and have no problem beating the world record on file at TwinGalaxies.com

Until then I play it on my Palm TX

BTW, I was dissapointed to download Punch-Out for the VC, only to realize it is the second release - Tyson. Oh, well.

[quote name='GCrusher']BTW, I was dissapointed to download Punch-Out for the VC, only to realize it is the second release - Tyson. Oh, well.[/quote]
That's why ya gotta read the titles perfectly. It's simply "Punch-Out!!" on VC, not "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!"

Same thing happened with people who downloaded "Mario Bros." thinking they were downloading "Super Mario Bros." :p

[quote name='t0llenz']Eternal Champions rules. If I don't get my Genesis up and working again...I may have to get this.[/quote]
If Nintendo manages to somehow get Sega CD games up there, I will cream myself over Eternal Champions CD being uploaded.

[quote name='Tsukento']If Nintendo manages to somehow get Sega CD games up there, I will cream myself over Eternal Champions CD being uploaded.[/QUOTE]

The Senator Objects!

[quote name='Tsukento']If Nintendo manages to somehow get Sega CD games up there, I will cream myself over Eternal Champions CD being uploaded.[/quote]

If they put Sega CD games on the VC, I will buy everyone I know a copy of Night Trap :D

[quote name='NeoSmith19']If they put Sega CD games on the VC, I will buy everyone I know a copy of Night Trap :D[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate?

[quote name='Tsukento']If Nintendo manages to somehow get Sega CD games up there, I will cream myself over Eternal Champions CD being uploaded.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, I hope that happens! I never played EC:CD...never had a Sega CD.

Europe's Update:
Light Crusader (Gen) - 800 Points
Rolling Thunder 2 (Gen) - 800 Points

..And that's it. Man. Why does Europe USUALLY get 2 games a week?! In fact, why does it always seem like they get a ton of Genesis games??
Oh well.

Pokemon Snap, just a few more days :)

On the other hand, Light Crusader was pretty fun. Sort of like a grown-up version of Landstalker but not quite as good. I actually got it new back when it came out and had a blast with it.

does anybody know what the VC ''updates'' do? If you view downloaded titles, some can be updated. this takes up blocks, and so far- I have noticed nothing. I updated bonks adventure, ice climber, and donkey kong.

[quote name='t0llenz']Oh man, I hope that happens! I never played EC:CD...never had a Sega CD.[/quote]

From what I remember the only changes were the music and video intro & endings. As far as the gameplay goes.... it was just as bad. lol

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']does anybody know what the VC ''updates'' do? If you view downloaded titles, some can be updated. this takes up blocks, and so far- I have noticed nothing. I updated bonks adventure, ice climber, and donkey kong.[/quote]

They are usually there to fix various problems in the emulation of the games.

Monday's releases have been leaked (NeoGaf)

Ghost n Goblins, NES, 500 Points
Baseball Stars 2, NeoGeo, 900 Points
Pokemon Snap, N64, 1000 Points

[quote name='lilboo']Monday's releases have been leaked (NeoGaf)

Ghost n Goblins, NES, 500 Points
Baseball Stars 2, NeoGeo, 900 Points
Pokemon Snap, N64, 1000 Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back