The Wii VC Thread - 12/31/07: Bubble Bobble, Light Crusader, Top Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cambot']Are you confusing Snatcher for Night Trap?

I found Night Trap in a thrift store, recently, and I hear such awful things, I still haven't loaded the game[/QUOTE]

yikes, you are right. Snatcher is apparently a good game, and night trap is garbage. it seems to have got one of the lowest ratings on defucntgames.com

http://www.defunctgames.com/shows.php?id=review-256

there were some good games on the sega cd, and hopefully more to come

[quote name='Krymner']Just saw an announcement over at Kotaku that Pokemon Snap was coming to the VC in Japan.

I admit I have never played this game, but Pokemon voyerism just seems so wrong.[/quote]

'twas very fun actually, just think of it as a disneyland version of Fatal Frame.

Pokemon Snap is coming Dec 4th as mentioned, but the BIG news is this:

Moreover, the function that was able to be sent to the friend through the Internet was added to 'Pokemon snap' delivered this time by putting the taken photograph on "Wii message board". When the photograph can be taken, this sends it.

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/11/30/8b40d7cd78316bb7bca309b4e780fb7c.html

Nintendo putting Wii functionality into an N64 game?
They so could add online play to games....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I wanted!!! Pokemon Snap with Wii message board functionality!! AAAHHHHHHHH!
(I would of preferred a remake, with ton of new levels & pokemon..but whatever!)

Oh this is nice.

[quote name='lilboo']!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I wanted!!! Pokemon Snap with Wii message board functionality!! AAAHHHHHHHH!
(I would of preferred a remake, with ton of new levels & pokemon..but whatever!)

Oh this is nice.[/quote]

Me to!

*waits patiently*

Pokemon Snap is actually a really fun game. That said my points won't go near it.

In fact i'm finding it incredibly difficult for my points to go near anything as I tried for nearly an hour (While playing PW2) to get on the wii shop channel last night and it wasn't working. I think my internet is just that crappy.

[quote name='lilboo']!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this is nice.[/quote]

hopefully it leads to a full fledged game on the wii...it would work so well with wii mote and all (no im not being sarcastic, i actually loved the game and the simplicity that it had)

[quote name='tankexmortis']Awesome! First of my list to get confirmed! I wonder how they'll do the dipping-the-letter-in-water puzzle?[/QUOTE]

This is the exact thing I thought after it got announced.

Damn, what a week for the VC announcements. Megaman 2, Baseball Stars 2, Startropics, Blades of Steel, Pokemon Snap with added functionality...

All things very well and good.

Of course, the addition to Pokemon Snap makes me wonder if Nintendo could ever want to add Wiimote functionality to certain games, and/or online multiplayer.

I mean, that sort of thing has been dreamed about (even though it's already possible with emulators, as far as I know).

only just remembered, but I always thought pokemon snap was a sequel to the pokemon trading game, involving pokemon cards in a game of snap :D

So I wonder if it'll be possible for Turtles in Time to come out. Man, I loved that game. I don't mind paying the extra 100 points for licensed games, especially if they are awesome.

I am so stoked for Pokemon Snap. I wonder how this will work..I'm guessing there will be a mode to transfer X amount of pictures to your Wii Message board..? Wonder if this will add to the size of the game (which means larger amount of blocks used) Whatever. I'm excited!! So glad this is (most likely) our next N64 game!!

Ohhhhhh shiiiiiitttt. Eternal Champions!!!
The fighting system was pretty cool.. but I was a fan of the taunts!!

jetta.gif

"Pig!"

I always found Jetta & Shadowcat *SO* hot. I always wished there was a way for them to Lez out, but alas, you couldn't.
Couple years later, I didn't notice it that much.

Now excuse me, I'll be spending some time with my boyfriend.
Man, how times have changed.

Not a bad set of releases. I'll probably pick up Zanac and save Eternal Champions for a gaming drought. I never managed to beat it before, so here goes again.

GAF source is cool and all, but I might have to start ignoring game news over the weekend if the release is going to be leaked this early. I really enjoy waking up on Monday morning and wandering over to Nintendo's Press site to get it straight from them. It's like Christmas every week.

How is Eternal Champion, it was one game I heard about a lot but never owned?

Anyway I got Sin and Punishment today and I must say wow. Before I bought it I thought 1200 points was too much for a VC game, but after playing it I must say Sin and Punishment fucking rocks. Now to torture my roomate when he gets back by playing it (he really wants the game :lol:).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is Eternal Champion, it was one game I heard about a lot but never owned?

Anyway I got Sin and Punishment today and I must say wow. Before I bought it I thought 1200 points was too much for a VC game, but after playing it I must say Sin and Punishment fucking rocks. Now to torture my roomate when he gets back by playing it (he really wants the game :lol:).[/QUOTE]

it was solid. its like a SF Clone but good. I still have my Cart. All i remember is that i sucked at that game and the last boss was cheesy as fuck. I may buy that again..but im still waiting for River and Blades of Steel.

[quote name='lilboo']Ohhhhhh shiiiiiitttt. Eternal Champions!!!
The fighting system was pretty cool.. but I was a fan of the taunts!!

jetta.gif

"Pig!"

I always found Jetta & Shadowcat *SO* hot. I always wished there was a way for them to Lez out, but alas, you couldn't.
Couple years later, I didn't notice it that much.

Now excuse me, I'll be spending some time with my boyfriend.
Man, how times have changed.[/quote]

wait.. are you a woman lilboo? I always pictured you as a crazy dude with ginger hair and a baseball hat :lol: .

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is Eternal Champion, it was one game I heard about a lot but never owned?
[/QUOTE]

It's def a solid fighter. It is like Street Fighter..and it's also like Mortal Kombat. It's def not as violent as MK, but it's pretty awesome.

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']wait.. are you a woman lilboo? I always pictured you as a crazy dude with ginger hair and a baseball hat :lol: .[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm a guy AND I'm italian. Check out the "CAG Family Album Thread". It's a sticky in the off topic forum for pictures of us CAGs. I'm on there too.

Oh Snap! Pokemon Snap is coming?! I haven't been paying much attention to Wii stuff lately. I still have stickers all over my N64 from Blockbuster. Can't wait to trade my HAWT Pokemon pics with lilboo :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']Oh Snap! Pokemon Snap is coming?! I haven't been paying much attention to Wii stuff lately. I still have stickers all over my N64 from Blockbuster. Can't wait to trade my HAWT Pokemon pics with lilboo :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes!!!!! :applause:

So..with a few games now letting us send pictures to our Wii Message Board, anyone else think a Wii Printer will ever be in the works?

[quote name='lilboo']Yes!!!!! :applause:

So..with a few games now letting us send pictures to our Wii Message Board, anyone else think a Wii Printer will ever be in the works?[/quote]

gameboy printer v2? hope so, but if it is confirmed, I might need more walls in my house for all the pics.:D

Eternal Champoins you say? I loved that game. In a time when Street Fighter was king, it held it's own.

NOw I need to get a univesal adapter for my arcade stick.

[size=+2]POKEMON SNAP = DECEMBER 10th[/size]​

On December 10th, six days after the Japanese launch of Pokémon Snap, the American Virtual Console will feature the rail-photography game. To promote the release, the online Toonami Jetstream channel will show a week of Pokémon cartoon episodes featuring Todd, the protagonist of Snap who was hamfistedly crammed into the show to help sell cartridges.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/02/december-10th-american-pokemans-get-shown/

BUY THIS GAME! We want a Wii Version TOO!!

It's even on Pokemon.com
This is pretty exciting.

However, I am none too excited about the fact that I only have 134 blocks left on my Wii Memory. I transfered 2 really, really lame games over to an SD card..that cleared up 56 blocks..so now I have 190 free. N64 games tend to be at least 100. Super Mario 64 is the lowest at 90. Sin & Punishment is the current highest (of any channels, even beats out the 233 block Internet channel) at 287 blocks. Yuck. I just have hope that Pokemon Snap is lower then this..if not, I'm going to have to store/delete some games................even though I shouldn't have to.. :bomb:

Most fighting games don't age well. Something new comes along and tweaks what old fighters did making them obsolete. Too many of them I suppose...

Speaking of too many of something, do we REALLY need another shmup on the Virtual Console? This is like...the 30th one or something, right? Seriously, we don't want them.

And why does Hudson think that people will believe these Turbo CD games are special TG16 games? Just call them what they are. They aren't special in the slightest.

Nintendo should release the original Super Smash Bros on the original Brawl release date that was promised to us...

Anyway, I hope we get Super Mario RPG or something good for Xmas.

[quote name='lilboo']Yes!!!!! :applause:

So..with a few games now letting us send pictures to our Wii Message Board, anyone else think a Wii Printer will ever be in the works?[/quote]

Yes, its called "Save To your SD Card And Print From Your fucking Computer" ;)

The GB Printer didn't exactly catch on, I doubt Nintendo is going to waste money and marketing on it.

But w00t for added functionality!

I think Square may still be acting like douchebags over releasing stuff on the VC, which may be why we haven't seen SMRPG yet. I just found an Earthbound cart at a damn good price to replace my sold one, but I'm still going to buy it anyway when it comes out on VC CHRISTMAS MORNING.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Yes, its called "Save To your SD Card And Print From Your fucking Computer" ;)

The GB Printer didn't exactly catch on, I doubt Nintendo is going to waste money and marketing on it.

But w00t for added functionality!

I think Square may still be acting like douchebags over releasing stuff on the VC, which may be why we haven't seen SMRPG yet. I just found an Earthbound cart at a damn good price to replace my sold one, but I'm still going to buy it anyway when it comes out on VC CHRISTMAS MORNING.[/QUOTE]

Can you save photos to your SD card????

ALSO: I guess with a firmware update, it wouldn't be impossible to add your printer via USB. Hell, printers can work over a Wifi! But this would be silly overall :lol:

You cannot save photos from the message board to an SD card so you can put them on a computer. I want that feature so bad though.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nintendo should release the original Super Smash Bros on the original Brawl release date that was promised to us...

[/quote]

I agree with this! It would give me something to tide myself over.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nintendo should release the original Super Smash Bros on the original Brawl release date that was promised to us...

Anyway, I hope we get Super Mario RPG or something good for Xmas.[/QUOTE]

That would be tomorrow..:lol:
'Snap is our next N64 game. Maybe Smash Bros has a chance being next? ::shrugs::

According to the GONINTENDO blog, tomorrow's releases look like they may be:

- The Dynastic Hero (TurboGraphx CD*)
- Eternal Champions (Genesis)
- Zanac (NES)

[quote name='Cambot']According to the GONINTENDO blog, tomorrow's releases look like they may be:

- The Dynastic Hero (TurboGraphx CD*)
- Eternal Champions (Genesis)
- Zanac (NES)[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you. We already have been discussing that since Friday :lol:

If those games are definite, then it's other week to see what new games are available.

I'd be surprised if Earthbound or even Super Mario RPG gets released on Christmas Eve.

However, I might be wrong but we shall see....

Christmas Eve Prediction...hopefully I get one of these three right:

Sonic and Kunckles (Genesis)
Earthbound (SNES)
Super Punch-Out (SNES)

And the leak was right!

Sometimes the Wii-kly Updates have a nice, unifying them. Sometimes they don't. This week we scoured the recesses of the classic games vault to come up with some interesting, if unrelated, gems. You can fight mechanized forces, battle with a bunch of fighters in the afterlife or play the role of a heroic regal bug. Like we said: Sometimes they don't.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

ZANAC (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): ZANAC is a vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up game that was released in November 1986. Take control of the state-of-the-art fighter, ZANAC, with the objective of destroying the bases of the mechanized enemy forces. Use your full array of regular weapons as well as eight special weapons to clear the 12 intense areas of the game. Be careful, though, as the game changes the degree of difficulty in real time based on how well you play. This ensures that it feels like you're experiencing a new game every time you play.

Eternal Champions™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Animated Violence, 800 Wii Points): This 2-D fighting game introduces a cast of different characters that met untimely deaths in their lives on Earth. Now they have been given a chance to compete against each other, with the winner taking on the Eternal Champion, the ultimate fighter in the universe. The reward for defeating the Eternal Champion is a return to Earth for the opportunity to avenge death and restore balance to the universe. Choose from nine unique characters with a variety of fighting styles, and bring your best moves to defeat all comers in your quest to topple the Eternal Champion.

The Dynastic Hero (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): The Dynastic Hero is an action RPG featuring a cast of insect characters. The story begins with the invasion of their peaceful homeland of Tarron by the evil Drilkor Empire. Rushing to the insects' aid is Dyna, the prince of Beetras. Take control of Dyna as he battles through action-filled stages. Equip weapons and items to vanquish the relentless foes, and acquire special items that enable you to brave the journey across the perilous desert or open sea. But it's not just all action. Correctly answer multiple-choice quizzes, and play the ocarina to find the right melody to open doors. Plus, there are countless traps and other puzzles packed into this fun game to keep you entertained and ensure you continue coming back for more.

[quote name='vlv723']If those games are definite, then it's other week to see what new games are available.

I'd be surprised if Earthbound or even Super Mario RPG gets released on Christmas Eve.

However, I might be wrong but we shall see....

Christmas Eve Prediction...hopefully I get one of these three right:

Sonic and Kunckles (Genesis)
Earthbound (SNES)
Super Punch-Out (SNES)[/quote]
If previous holidays and landmark dates are any indication, I'm guessing it'll be:

Mario is Missing (SNES)
King's Knight (NES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back