The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for Xbox 360 TRU $44.99 FS

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12644778

This is the enhanced edition:

Compared to the initial award winning PC release, the Xbox 360 edition will feature lots of new and exciting content. Additional hours of gameplay for the Xbox 360: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters. New Game Introduction and cinematic: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2. Upgraded interface, designed specifically for the Xbox 360: Game camera and targeting have been redesigned for the Xbox, and with upgraded pad controls, players will now be able to experience fully The Witcher 2's spectacular and thrilling combat. Enhanced Edition content: GAME DVDs The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game on 2 DVDs. OST CD: Audio-CD with in-game music. WORLD MAP: A map of the game's world. QUEST HANDBOOK - The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans. GAME MANUAL: A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.

I'm getting really excited for this--even though my backlog is at least 50 games strong, The Witcher 2 will be moving to the front of the queue. \\:D/

Holy shit am I glad I decided to wait until the last minute to pre-order this bad boy. So in for this one and then some. Hopefully this is still up by Friday when I get paid so I'll have something in the bank to cover the charge.

[quote name='kart007k']Can I pick this up in-store?[/QUOTE]

There isn't an option for in-store pickup. I tried to get a TRU store to price match their online pre-order, but they wouldn't go for it. YMMV I suppose.

Pre-ordered this morning. I still had the $20 Google offers code I paid $10 for several months ago that expires on 4/15.

I'm playing Skyrim now and think this one will skip ahead in my backlog.

[quote name='GBAstar']Has TRU gotten any better?

A month or two ago I ordered a $44.99 preorder game from them (I can't remember which one) and they didn't ship it until Wednesday after release and I didn't get it until the following Tuesday.

If they were able to get games to me on Tuesday or Wednesday I would absolutely purchase from them more[/QUOTE]

Value of $15 > Cost of Waiting for a week

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Value of $15 > Cost of Waiting for a week[/QUOTE]

Yes but wait two or three weeks and save $20.

I understand what you're saying though.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yes but wait two or three weeks and save $20.

I understand what you're saying though.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh on an RPG and in April? Btw, are you allowed to return TRU online orders to a store? So you could buy it at the cheaper price and return it to close out your more expensive receipt.

Of course it would be ideal to save money and get the game earlier. Something like Max Payne 3's $20 eGC is a good example. Get the game on its release date (or midnight if your store is doing that) and are guaranteed $20 plus retain the ability to Price-Match likely resulting in even more savings.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Ehhhh on an RPG and in April? Btw, are you allowed to return TRU online orders to a store? So you could buy it at the cheaper price and return it to close out your more expensive receipt.

Of course it would be ideal to save money and get the game earlier. Something like Max Payne 3's $20 eGC is a good example. Get the game on its release date (or midnight if your store is doing that) and are guaranteed $20 plus retain the ability to Price-Match likely resulting in even more savings.[/QUOTE]

I've returned items I bought at toysrus.com to my local store. I think they tried to issue the refund minus the shipping cost (not that it'd matter in this instance as I believe all the discounted preorders have free shipping) but in the end they refunded the entire purchase price including shipping

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I'm hoping they advertise this in Sundays toysrus ad, then I'll just take it into walmart on tuesday and PM it with my 10% employee discount.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was possible, but PMing anything, clearance, or just a Price Override doesn't allow us to use our discount.

On other note, I so can't wait to play this, we just got our games in today and I touched it ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']The Reviews have been really great for this...it really tempts me to buy this.[/QUOTE]

Just buy it,its an amazing game :)

All of the hype surrounding this game I decided to pick it up for 20 bucks at target on the PC and am waiting to play it until Tuesday when they unlock the enhanced edition update.

Im pretty excited :bouncy:

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']So how easy should it be to price match this at best buy?[/QUOTE]
Should be easy

[quote name='cigaro']All of the hype surrounding this game I decided to pick it up for 20 bucks at target on the PC and am waiting to play it until Tuesday when they unlock the enhanced edition update.

Im pretty excited :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I did the same,cant wait :)

I was excited about being able to pre-order this (and Lollipop Chainsaw) for only $45 each but I'm dreading the wait for shipping. Sounds like a lot of folks are saying that it'll take almost a week to arrive.

I want to play it NOW, goddammit!

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI Target has this listed in their ad for $49.99 for those that don't want to wait on TRU free, slow shipping.[/QUOTE]

In store?

[quote name='gentlyporking']So I won a free copy from CD Projekt Red, but just had my Xbox crap out on me this weekend. Anyone want to trade for it (still sealed)?[/QUOTE]

If it's one of those 1000 free copies they gave out for people to review and help spread impressions people should know that it's not the same package that's sold at stores. It's not a retail copy so there's no barcode (just a blank square) and it only contains the game. There's no soundtrack, map, handbook, or manual inside the case.

What is everyone's experience with ordering something online through TRU? So far from what I have heard from other threads, the shipping is pretty damn slow.

[quote name='gentlyporking']So I won a free copy from CD Projekt Red, but just had my Xbox crap out on me this weekend. Anyone want to trade for it (still sealed)?[/QUOTE]

pm'ed

[quote name='bmachine']I was excited about being able to pre-order this (and Lollipop Chainsaw) for only $45 each but I'm dreading the wait for shipping. Sounds like a lot of folks are saying that it'll take almost a week to arrive.

I want to play it NOW, goddammit![/QUOTE]

Buy the one in store (in addition) and return your online order with your store receipt whenever it arrives.

[quote name='FireWarrior']What is everyone's experience with ordering something online through TRU? So far from what I have heard from other threads, the shipping is pretty damn slow.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get an order in during the whole hunted the demon forge debacle last year. I got the game the Tuesday after release. Not complaining since I got the game for 25.

For those of you PMing at Best Buy, are you bringing in the TRU ad, cause I can't find the local ad anywhere

I didn't see it listed in my local ad, I was going to price match at walmart.. but I don't think you need the ad to price match there anyways so I might try after work tomorrow

I'm also wondering how people are planning on price matching without the ad? I have a copy ordered at BB as well so i'm just curious, I was just gonna use the Target ad since it's 49.99 in that.

[quote name='EwaAzn']For those of you PMing at Best Buy, are you bringing in the TRU ad, cause I can't find the local ad anywhere[/QUOTE]

Just tell them about it, they'll most likely call up your local TRU to verify that the sale price isn't online only and ask if they have any in stock.

[quote name='swizzzzy']In store?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

And as one of the 1k who got a copy from CD Projekt with their contest, I can confirm everything louiedog said.

Still showing up as $44.99 on TRU website as of 8:30am ET

Really hope I can PM to Best Buy seeing as how my order from TRU hasn't even shipped yet...

FYI...Christiana, Delaware Best Buy - had no problem pricematching toysrus.com price. I also had a $5 reward zone...so $39.99 out the door....not bad. And for those who are looking for the Dark Edition 360....they also had one copy of it! (not a preorder...I asked)

The Best Buy in Appleton, WI wouldn't match Toys R us (I believe they said the store didn't have a shipment of it in stock yet) but they did match the Target price so I'm still happy, they also almost forgot the shirt but I got one so it was a good deal overall.

bread's done
Back