The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Out May 19th!

This might've already been asked and answered here, but I'd rather not read for fear of spoiling anything. Can I just jump into this one without having played the first two games, or will I be completely lost?
You'll be totally fine. The games do a pretty good job of giving you what you need, and the character entries in W3's glossary are pretty extensive. Almost any extra details you could want, they'll have covered.

This might've already been asked and answered here, but I'd rather not read for fear of spoiling anything. Can I just jump into this one without having played the first two games, or will I be completely lost?
You wont be lost but there are returning characters and story elements. Early on it asks you about choices you made in the first two games which you're gonna be thinking wtf are they talking about. But once you get past that the main story and side quests are pretty straight forward.

I got a code for Hearts of Stone. PM me if anyone wants it. Keep in mind I'd like to give it to someone who doesn't have it and would really use it.

EDIT - It's gone. Just wanted to let people know so this post doesn't waste anyones time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so on my main 1st play through I can't find my moon armor so I may have sold it or dismantled it and I'm bummed about it I'm using the 39 viper armor. Since I haven't played in awhile and with the new expansion I want to do a new game plus. If I do this can I get armor all over again and weapons? I would like to get the moon armor and DLC gear again I'm Lvl 39 right now and want to do a pure Melee dps build. Just playing on normal.

Blood & Wine is HUGE. I know they say it's like 17-19 hours long but that's being generous. This is going to be 30+ hours for me considering I play very slow. It's good to have Witcher & Gwent back.

For real the expansion is so goood. I really hope the other companies will follow and start making real expansions, and not the EA like expansions.

I think they even make a subtle reference with the death of a NPC called d.L.C.

Even I get suckered into trash DLC from time to time. But it's great to see it done right every now n' then. Loving Blood and Wine. I just don't want this Witcher ride to end.

bread's done
Back