The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Out May 19th!

I would highly suggest going for cards that make you draw cards. Ive found that if you play 2 back to back in the first round, the opponent will pass about 80% of the time regardless of how low his total strength is. 2nd round all you'll need to do is let him play every card. If you don't have enough str to defeat him that round, since his deck is empty, you could just pass and automatically win the 3rd round since he has 0 cards.

The only thing to watch out for with that strategy is that opponents that use N. Realms decks draw a card when they win. I've had a few times where all I had left was a something lower and the opponent drew something higher.
There is a video guide from PS4 trophies about the high stakes Gwent games for the trophy. Said the strategy is draw as many cards as possible first round to get a card advantage. The key are the spy cards, medic cards, and decoys. You can use the decoy card to pull back spy cards that the opponent plays on you, also using the medic to draw another medic card or a spy card is key. In the video, he had like 15 cards at one point.

Does loot scale to your level? Wondering coz im trying to visit the undiscovered areas and encountered hidden treasures that are guarded by high level monsters tried to sneak in and get the chest only to uncover a relic weapon that has the same level as me. Wtf! I was hoping it would be like an upgrade for me wbut instead it feels like a wasted loot.

Hmm so I've been stuck trying to work the Family Matters quest for the Bloody Baron for two days now. I was just stuck on searching for clues. So I looked it up, apparently to actually complete the quest, you have to complete three other quests first. Lol seriously it couldn't have maybe pointed in that direction.

Also I was talking to a friend, that's also playing the game, about quest we both did. When I did it, I ran into some elves and they attacked me, so I killed them. When he did it, they just talked and the elves led him to their leader and he found out they were refugees. So he helped them.

Really enjoying the game so far. I'm only level 8/9 but I can't wait to spend more time with it.

Also anyone know if there's a place where you can see your Stats? I'm mainly looking for time played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also anyone know if there's a place where you can see your Stats? I'm mainly looking for time played.
You can see time played in the R2 Stats menu when you're in a shop. However I believe that if you put the PS4 into rest mode while it is still running the game, the clock keeps going as it says I've played for 192 hours (8 full days) within a 10 day period. I've played a lot of the game, but with work and sleep, there's no way I've played that much.

So i was playing the game for like 6 hours yesterday and before finally turning off the game i noticed my quest log has a failed quest in it. Crap! It was one secondary quest i must have triggered and didnt noticed have a time frame to finish. No im 6 hours into a save file. The OCD in me wants to restart the whole game coz of it. Waah! Just hate that i found out late. Tsk! This game is really something. End reading most of books and notice boards. Hehe!

Did you finish all other quests? Damn! Didnt the game just came out? Hehe! I probably hona finish the game in a couple more weeks
Its just so empty now, all I have left to do is see all the undiscovered locations but thats it. Wish they had some sort of Contract Generator for end game, one that scales with your level.

I'm nowhere near the end. I'm about halfway done in the Valen region (I think).

Still haven't touched Gwent.

And I also failed one mission. I'm guessing I accepted it and forgot about it.

Its just so empty now, all I have left to do is see all the undiscovered locations but thats it. Wish they had some sort of Contract Generator for end game, one that scales with your level.
Some of the undiscovered locations that looks like small camps tend to have notice boards did you do that too? Also some notice boards refresh and add new quests. Did u finish all those too? Theres so much to do on the game besides the main quest.

I'm nowhere near the end. I'm about halfway done in the Valen region (I think).

Still haven't touched Gwent.

And I also failed one mission. I'm guessing I accepted it and forgot about it.
What mission is that? Mine was love with snares or something. Just sucks.

Im actually liking gwent now. I usually try and beat the merchants in small towns first. Also some merchants restock on cards that they sell after sometime i think. I actually got 2 more decoy cards from one merchant.

Wow how did u end up losing that race? I won that by a mile. Lol! Jk. Just hope there isnt a trophy about not getting ang quest fails. I guess its normal for failed quest.
I let my daughter play it lol. She's only 6, but she was excited cause I could play as a girl. There was a fork in the road and you had to go left, she went right and was off the track basically.

Some of the undiscovered locations that looks like small camps tend to have notice boards did you do that too? Also some notice boards refresh and add new quests. Did u finish all those too? Theres so much to do on the game besides the main quest.

What mission is that? Mine was love with snares or something. Just sucks.

Im actually liking gwent now. I usually try and beat the merchants in small towns first. Also some merchants restock on cards that they sell after sometime i think. I actually got 2 more decoy cards from one merchant.
Oh thats good to know, hopefully I can get some level 35+ contract this way tomorrow.

I did some low level ones and even though they were like level 25ish it still dropped level 32 relics.

About 6 hours in, just made it to level 3, going to try and complete this Devil by the Well quest and then take on the Griffin.

Finally hitting a groove.  Hit 4 levels in the last two days, and I am at level 10.  Just finished getting the Griffin school gear, which I got super lucky with.  The locations that the plans are at have very high level monsters, but for some reason, the dragon guarding the sword left it's home to attack my horse and it allowed me to loot the castle without any resistance.  

Now I am just clearing villages in Velen, surprised that returning a village to the people gets anywhere between 90 and 150 XP for killing 4-5 lower leveled monsters.

I really need to do that Griffin school gear quest. Have some good gear (level 14 right now) but I want that Armed and Dangerous trophy.
If you follow PowerPx video guide it's easy to find, however the sword is guarded by a high level Dragon, but at 14 you should be good, I was only 8 when I got the plans, somehow was able to sneak through and got lucky with some glitches.

The tough part was having all the stuff to craft the items. I didn't have any meteorite parts and so I spent this morning looting random places and luckily I found some.

Currently level 10, just released the curse from the Island. I already finished the Barons quests and now I'm just doing the lower quests before I move on. Trying to do all the lower level quests I've acquired.

Not sure if any of you guys have done the Jenny O' The Woods contract yet but holy fuck was that a tough fight
Naw, i've been farming some different kills, and playing a ton of Gwent... beat all the Gwent missions except for Old friends because I didn't play Lambert before he left me at the beginning of the game. Can only play him now once I get to Kaher Moren at the end of the game....

Picked a used copy that turned out to be gutted; anyone willing to part with the map and compendium ?
Is that the only used copy in the store? You might want to try and see if you can get a complete one if they have extras? Hard tk find someone willing yo do that unless they are bound to yrade in their game soon.

Is that the only used copy in the store? You might want to try and see if you can get a complete one if they have extras? Hard tk find someone willing yo do that unless they are bound to yrade in their game soon.
Yeah :whistle2:/ it was the only used copy at gamestop within 20 miles

Finally got all the Griffin gear tonight. Level 15 was just right to acquire it all.
Same here. Just got everything right at level 15 (Enhanced Griffin Armor & Swords). Unfortunately I spent most of my night looking for Dandelion's hoes. Not one fight to test out my new gear.

Finally finish act 1. Level 12 right now. Trying to get the griffin set. Hehe! Been seeing some experience exploit but cantgwt myself to try it. Might ruin the experience all together. Really loving the game as how it is.

Did anyone else find the potion that resets skill points? Not sure how uncommon they are and don't want to use it yet.

Did anyone else find the potion that resets skill points? Not sure how uncommon they are and don't want to use it yet.
Theres a merchant in novigrad that sells the potion of clearance. It restocks everytime u go out and reenter. Cost 1000 crown just like keira's

Theres a merchant in novigrad that sells the potion of clearance. It restocks everytime u go out and reenter. Cost 1000 crown just like keira's
a03abe3dc1bb176044bf604d944a29a9.jpg

I put a couple into general and then Axii level 2...been holding off otherwise. I wasted a lot of skill points in Witcher 2 so I wanted to wait and see what the best uses would be.
The fact that you can use a potion shouldn't scare you from putting them in

I've spent all my points on fast attack, and Quen. Thorw in a little to Aard for dialogue help and it has helped a lot.

The fact that you can use a potion shouldn't scare you from putting them in

I've spent all my points on fast attack, and Quen. Thorw in a little to Aard for dialogue help and it has helped a lot.
This is actually my build now. Full on fast attacks, quen and axii. Just put some points to strong attacks to reach the next branch. Level 14 right now. Cant wait to put on griffin gear.

. I wish this game has like a storage chest or something. Hate that i have to either drop/sell/dismantle old relic weapons just to have inventory space. Would also be nice if there is a sort button. I feel like im so disoraganized in this game coz of how the inventory is being shown.

This is actually my build now. Full on fast attacks, quen and axii. Just put some points to strong attacks to reach the next branch. Level 14 right now. Cant wait to put on griffin gear.
. I wish this game has like a storage chest or something. Hate that i have to either drop/sell/dismantle old relic weapons just to have inventory space. Would also be nice if there is a sort button. I feel like im so disoraganized in this game coz of how the inventory is being shown.
I actually think the pc version has a sort button in the inventory screen.

a03abe3dc1bb176044bf604d944a29a9.jpg
Totally forgot that shops regenerate. Might try a different build then. I've been doing level 25 quests at level 12 and it's getting a little tough.

I think I'm closing up with Act 1. I've been trying to do all the side missions before I advance the story. Currently at level 18. I feel very overpowered. 

I think I'm closing up with Act 1. I've been trying to do all the side missions before I advance the story. Currently at level 18. I feel very overpowered.
At level 17 and just got to Skellige myself. Kinda sucks that they have low level quests not give XP anymore...

At level 17 and just got to Skellige myself. Kinda sucks that they have low level quests not give XP anymore...
Yeah. The main story missions is where it seems you get the most exp. I ranked up from 15 to 17 in a few hours from doing story. Now If I would've gone off and done side quests instead I wouldn't have come close to ranking up.

What do you guys do with your relic gears? Do u sell it? Dismantle it? I Really want to have in game storage. Really hard for me to just leave relic weapons on the ground specially since most weapons looked really nice!

Oh and would plays gwent alot? Man im finally getting the hang of it. Need more special cards though. Once i beat a player and having an idea of the deck he has i usually go "all in" in betting. Easy money. Hehe

I just check to see if relics have any good parts available through dismantling. Otherwise you're good to just sell them.

Don't be turned off by a slight damage reduction though. A lot of those later relics with three slots and multiple bonuses more than make up for lower damage output. I'll take a high chance at bleed or poison over raw damage any day.

At what difficulty level I should play to enjoy even more btw I am playing on easiest lol but not enjoying so far.

I played on normal to gain my bearings, but before long I felt the need to crank it up to hard. Things just started getting a little on the easy side. I feel like hard provides a healthy challenge if that's what you're looking for.

Finally got to the bottom of the alchemy skill tree last night. Burst bombs are insanely fun.

Feline Sword @ Mastercrafted has a 100% Chance to cause bleed from what I remember(Havent played the game in a while)
That sounds amazing. I tend to stick with light armor anyway (Wearing base Feline right now.) Something to look forward to!

bread's done
Back