The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Out May 19th!

Need to step up my game and get to this place tonight. Im still in the prologue. Any idea how far i am from this place?

The only thing i hate about rpg is the grind. And grind for cash is really a pain imo. Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt think it was possible but The Witcher 3 is my GOTY so far, enjoying it much more than Bloodborne.....everything about this game seems perfect. The dialog between
The Baron and Giralt regarding the botchling was hilarious all because of one sentence from The Baron

Havent been this immersed playing a game in a while, I think last time was with Shadow Of The Colossus. 

I just got the Dendrologist trophy which is currently at 0.20% on PSNP. The rarity will quickly drop but that's pretty cool to get early on in the game

Do you level faster in the highest difficulty? Seems like leveling is really slow, or side quest just dont give enough. Still in Veren. 

Im not sure if thats gona work. I think once a patch comes out, the game would usually patch itself up at startup right? And sometimes the game wont let u play until u patch it? Or maybe that holds true for online multiplayer games
Actually it does, did it with Wolfensteins Uber glitch, when an update starts downloading you go into notifications and delete it before completion.

Do you level faster in the highest difficulty? Seems like leveling is really slow, or side quest just dont give enough. Still in Veren.
Nope, slow all around haha even here on Death March.

And I don't see myself touching that glitch. Never a fan of taking advantage of that kind of stuff as it usually ruins a small part of the game. Having to ration everything so carefully, especially on Death March is part of the fun and having a poop ton of money would get rid of that.

Did some more quests last night at white orchard. Getting a hang of the combat. Still wonky but better. Is money that hard to come buy for this game? Im not sure il reach the glitch place this week to even try it out. Ahh

Did some more quests last night at white orchard. Getting a hang of the combat. Still wonky but better. Is money that hard to come buy for this game? Im not sure il reach the glitch place this week to even try it out. Ahh
Money is super scarce and like I said that is a big part of the game. The whole reason story wise that Geralt does most of what he does... is for money to survive and then you take that out by making him glitched with a poop ton of money? I think you are essentially ruining a huge part of the game.

White Orchard is the "prologue". Once you decide to leave white orchard the rest of the game opens up and you can get to the money glitch location. I just left White orchard after finishing all but one treasure hunt quest.

I think the quest glitched, as it said to start read the letter you picked up, but I looked everywhere in my inventory and read every document and book I had and it never updated.

I actually think I may start a new game on easy and get a couple of the trophies you can get early on in the game on easier difficulties. (Complete 2 contracts with any bonuses, gwent neutral card one). After reading guides on them it would only take 40 minutes to get them

For some reason I thought I could do this on the highest difficulty. Getting my ass kicked with the Family matters questline. I guess I gotta lower the difficulty ~_~

Team Rocket's blasting off again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wj-ORZPoEo

I guess this isnt that uncommon of a thing as some other people posted vids as well.  I really wish it was something i could replicate on purpose because its hilarious to watch.  I'd be curious if its possible to ever find the corpse.

I've run into two glitches where I had to reload my save.

Once when I was fighting bandits near a beach. I jumped off my horse and then I was just falling through complete black with no end. I checked the map and it appeared I was teleported to the very edge of the map. Weird.

Another was when I finished the magic lamp puzzle and Geralt just froze after he lit the last fire. Odd thing was the game didn't freeze, just Geralt.

Do you guys know if you beat the game on death March do you get the trophies for the lower difficulty settings? I can't seem to find out in my searches.

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="12703284" timestamp="1432317529"]White Orchard is the "prologue". Once you decide to leave white orchard the rest of the game opens up and you can get to the money glitch location. I just left White orchard after finishing all but one treasure hunt quest.

I think the quest glitched, as it said to start read the letter you picked up, but I looked everywhere in my inventory and read every document and book I had and it never updated.

I actually think I may start a new game on easy and get a couple of the trophies you can get early on in the game on easier difficulties. (Complete 2 contracts with any bonuses, gwent neutral card one). After reading guides on them it would only take 40 minutes to get them[/quote]

Dirty funds? That quest glitched on me too. Its stuck on "read letter you found". Thats the only quest left open. I reached level 4 at white orchard and bram was now selling temerian armors lvl 4 for geralt. Now sure if i should just move on with the story already. You can always go back to white orchard right?

Dirty funds? That quest glitched on me too. Its stuck on "read letter you found". Thats the only quest left open. I reached level 4 at white orchard and bram was now selling temerian armors lvl 4 for geralt. Now sure if i should just move on with the story already. You can always go back to white orchard right?
You can go back yeah.

I ended up reading the note and going back to the game, reading it again and then going back and the second time I went back into the game out of the inventory it finally said quest updated and I checked and it was all good.

Just did the
Letho quest. Was pretty interesting and a neat way to bring him into Witcher 3. Really looking forward to seeing the other Witcher 2 characters again.

In my infinite luck i'm now glitched on a story quest where I'm supposed to push a button to open a secret exit but even though I can clearly line up the "Use" prompt, nothing works.  Seems to be a common glitch based on google.  I guess i'll try my luck with the level 16 story quest (i'm 14 so it shouldn't be too bad).

I'm not liking the game at all
Loading sucks and it's easy to get killed and there's a lot of glitches like trees missing and stuff disappearing
The card game in the game sucks
post-22405-im-not-even-mad-gif-ron-burgun-fieb.gif

Thoroughly enjoying the game. After dying a lot, I took a few minutes to look through the controls again and realized I was pressing the wrong button for parry (L2). That helped considerably!

Thoroughly enjoying the game. After dying a lot, I took a few minutes to look through the controls again and realized I was pressing the wrong button for parry (L2). That helped considerably!
I remembered the tutorial but didn't know you couldn't block outside of combat. So I though L2 only did witcher sense. Once I figured that out it wasn't so bad. Lol

Any veteran tips on skill allocation? Im level 5 right now with 7 points to burn. I only have 2/5 fast and 1/5 strong. What signs is really helping. Im constantly using quen right now and debating if thats the skill to invest on?

Any veteran tips on skill allocation? Im level 5 right now with 7 points to burn. I only have 2/5 fast and 1/5 strong. What signs is really helping. Im constantly using quen right now and debating if thats the skill to invest on?
Not really a veteran, level 8 myself, but I've been going full blown into magic.I did the same with Witcher 2 and it worked well for me. I'm as far as I can get with Igni and now working on Axii which helps a ton when fighting large groups of bandits.

Maybe it was just me, but I had a devil of a time doing the
Fiend fight in the Crones quest. fucker kept one-hit killing me. Took well over a dozen tries to finally get him.

In every game where it is possible I always max out the "Jedi Mind Trick" skill as soon as possible. I can hold my own and push through the hardest of combat encounters yet I cannot get those extra dialogue options any other way and usually having that really helps early on in games. That being said on Death March with no real combat skills leveled up it is a bit tough getting through most high level combat stuff but I make it work. Really I would just say put it into whatever you use the most right now or on the flip side what you feel you are weakest in.

Damn seems like I'm the only one not playing on Death March lol (Blood and Broken Bones)

Im so bad
Nah, I am on Blood and Broken Bones as well. I had to drop the Witcher 2 combat down to Easy cause I was not good at all and I just knew starting on Death March would cause me to rage a lot more. Heck, I've been raging on Blood and Broken Bones somewhat. Although I do enjoy the strategy that goes into some of your combat since you have to ration health so much.

Death March is pretty easy if you use Quen and Axii, which are a lil OP when you level them. Also going with a Alchemy build for potion and Oil buffs can help a lot as well.

Death March is pretty easy if you use Quen and Axii, which are a lil OP when you level them. Also going with a Alchemy build for potion and Oil buffs can help a lot as well.
You made we watch axii videos. Damn! It is OP. Might have to put my skills there more. Hehe! Seems like criticals are easily landed during stun stage so precise blows and crushing blows arent that vital to max out.

Anyway, anybody playing the game using vita remote play. iThe occasional trackpad delay is a pain but manageable. Really wish the next iteration of the vita will just have the extra l2r2 trigger buttons and the L3r3 in the analog sticks. Using the trackpad in the back is ok but id rather have real buttons.

You and broly made we watch axii videos. Damn! It is OP. Might have to put my skills there more. Hehe! Feels like using that skill is better since critical hits seems higher when enemies are stunned so the 2nd tier skills in fast and strong isnt as important to max out?

Anyway, anybody playing the game using vita remote play. iThe occasional trackpad delay is a pain but manageable. Really wish the next iteration of the vita will just have the extra l2r2 trigger buttons and the L3r3 in the analog sticks. Using the trackpad in the back is ok but id rather have real buttons.

To people who have already beat the game I'm on the quest
"THE ISLE OF MIST"
currently level 24, just wondering how deep into the game I am, kinda don't want it to end lol

Is there a guide for Gwent? More specifically a guide that lists what level of Gwent each player is.

Started playing last night, got my ass handed to me by two guys with overpowered decks, and then I found someone I stomped in the off chance. It's going to be annoying if I need to figure out for myself who is overpowered.

Is there a guide for Gwent? More specifically a guide that lists what level of Gwent each player is.

Started playing last night, got my ass handed to me by two guys with overpowered decks, and then I found someone I stomped in the off chance. It's going to be annoying if I need to figure out for myself who is overpowered.
The way I understand it is this:

1) Merchants & Innkeepers are generally the easiest. Ones with yellow gilded "Let's Play Gwent!" are typically more difficult as far as I understand. Not sure if later areas are more difficult than earlier areas.

2) Try and force them to play their larger cards in the first round by making use of Decoy and then lose the first round. It should make the next two rounds easier.

3) Spies are also very handy, but be careful because your opponent can use Decoys on them to pick them up or Medics to revive them in rounds after they die. You can make use of that as well.

4) When an opponent passes, he will no longer play any cards for the round and you can continue to place until you pass, which will then determine the rounds winner.

5) Some people you can play Gwent with will disappear due to quests you've completed and you will get a red "X" in your Gwent quest for that specific area stating that you've failed to acquire a card from them.

6) Each deck plays quite a bit differently. Monsters can be pretty insane once you get enough cards because of the bonuses their cards have.

I wasn't a big fan of Gwent at first but then it clicked for me and now I am pretty hooked. I like that games go relatively quick for the most part too and require some actual strategy.

I wasn't a big fan of Gwent at first but then it clicked for me and now I am pretty hooked. I like that games go relatively quick for the most part too and require some actual strategy.
Really starting to understand some strategy, have played some higher level guys that can score as much as 50-60 points in a round without using all their cards.

Currently doing the Wandering in the dark mission, FYI, save before entering because you cannot back out and if you are under leveled it is nearly impossible. Not sure if I will be able to do it, at the final boss and I am getting killed and out of food or potions, not to mention he regains health during battle..... :wall:

The way I understand it is this:

1) Merchants & Innkeepers are generally the easiest. Ones with yellow gilded "Let's Play Gwent!" are typically more difficult as far as I understand. Not sure if later areas are more difficult than earlier areas.
Aha, that's probably it. I may have been challenging the wrong people and this way will at least give me a little bit of warning. I need to grab some decoy cards to build up my deck.

Currently doing the Wandering in the dark mission, FYI, save before entering because you cannot back out and if you are under leveled it is nearly impossible. Not sure if I will be able to do it, at the final boss and I am getting killed and out of food or potions, not to mention he regains health during battle..... :wall:
Wait i just finish hunting for witch quest and thats currently my active quest. I was suppose to start it last night but was too tired. I just turned lvl 5. Hehe! I may have to try and explore valen first then and uncover the question marks in my maps right now. Did u guys update to 1.03 already how is it?

Wait i just finish hunting for witch quest and thats currently my active quest. I was suppose to start it last night but was too tired. I just turned lvl 5. Hehe! I may have to try and explore valen first then and uncover the question marks in my maps right now. Did u guys update to 1.03 already who is it?

Finally pulled myself away from Destiny DLC to get back to the Witcher. Had sex for the first time in the game! Wooohooo! Get it Geralt! 

Nice, I just got the "All In" trophy for using 3 hero cards in a round of Gwent.  Now I guess it may be time to get back to the main story....

Aha, that's probably it. I may have been challenging the wrong people and this way will at least give me a little bit of warning. I need to grab some decoy cards to build up my deck.
I would highly suggest going for cards that make you draw cards. Ive found that if you play 2 back to back in the first round, the opponent will pass about 80% of the time regardless of how low his total strength is. 2nd round all you'll need to do is let him play every card. If you don't have enough str to defeat him that round, since his deck is empty, you could just pass and automatically win the 3rd round since he has 0 cards.

The only thing to watch out for with that strategy is that opponents that use N. Realms decks draw a card when they win. I've had a few times where all I had left was a something lower and the opponent drew something higher.

bread's done
Back