The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Out May 19th!

Nobody talks on the PC topic on this forum, so I'll come over here :) 

I've put about 6 hours into the game so far and I'm absolutely loving it! This will be a game that ranks as one of my all time favorites. The lighting, graphics, characters, story....whatever, are amazing. Well worth the the money, since their is so much to do. I don't know why, but I really like to swim around and try to find things.

Can't wait to get off work and pick this up. I am getting my copy on the Xbox One after hearing that it runs a little better on the One and I have a ton more space on my drive compared to my PS4. If I could run it on PC though, that would the platform of choice for me for sure. So glad that I have quit playing Destiny and have no desire to play House of Wolves, especially with Witcher 3 coming out today as well. 

Can't wait to get off work and pick this up. I am getting my copy on the Xbox One after hearing that it runs a little better on the One and I have a ton more space on my drive compared to my PS4. If I could run it on PC though, that would the platform of choice for me for sure. So glad that I have quit playing Destiny and have no desire to play House of Wolves, especially with Witcher 3 coming out today as well.
So wait which system did you get it on?

Actually it runs best on PC, then PS4, and then 360... just an fyi, came from the developers themselves.

So wait which system did you get it on?

Actually it runs best on PC, then PS4, and then 360... just an fyi, came from the developers themselves.
I doubt it runs on 360 at all. :lol:

I am getting it on Xbox One. I had read online that on the One it runs slightly better than PS4, either way it doesn't mater I would have gotten on the One regardless due to hard drive space limitations on my PS4. PC is the clear winner, but I unfortunately cannot run the PC version at all. :whistle2:(

What happens if you wait too long? I know there are certain events where you need to make a decision quickly but the ones about the previous games don't have the same set up it seems.
I made a mistake there no time choice I was playing a different game lol

Game is fucking GR8, last game I actually payed attention to all the dialog since Mass Effect 2.

Prob going for my 2nd plat(out of like 200 games lol)

[attachment=14400:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432080062.411149.jpg]

Went to gamestop to buy Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls CE for $24.99 then had a short chitchat with the staff about witcher 3. I asked whether they got extra CEs and as expected they only had those of PO. Then i asked about PO bonuses about the game... And he said not much except a keychain. Alot of people who picked up the game today forgot to get their keychains so he had extras of that and just gave me one. Hehe! Nice to be nice with employees.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432080062.411149.jpg Went to gamestop to buy Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls CE for $24.99 then had a short chitchat with the staff about witcher 3. I asked whether they got extra CEs and as expected they only had those of PO. Then i asked about PO bonuses about the game... And he said not much except a keychain. Alot of people who picked up the game today forgot to get their keychains so he had extras of that and just gave me one. Hehe! Nice to be nice with employees.
That looks cool, but I'm not sure I'd want that in my pocket.

Yea, i've been playing it all day and have been loving it.  I've gotten to the 2nd map but I've had to stray away from going after every "?" on the map.  I'm currently level 4 and have started to run into level 16 enemies and have picked up a level 33 contract. 

With as slow as the leveling has been (really dont know why certain quests get 300+ xp when other harder quests only get 10 xp) I have a hard time imagine ever getting to the 30's in level.  I'm getting ready to pass out right now but I have no plans tomorrow so i'll definitely be parked in front of the TV for more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started playing when I got home from work last night and didn't stop until I had to force myself to go to sleep. The past Witcher games have been great, but Witcher 3 is on another level! Seriously one of the best games I have played in years, it's been a long time since I have been so engrossed in every facet of a game to the point that all I can think about is playing more of said game. I am playing on the Xbox One and have seen a lot of the same graphical hiccups during cut scenes occur, but aside from that the game runs great and plays very well on the One. I'm now compelled to start riding the Witcher books, has anyone else read these? I've heard good things and now I want to consume as much Witcher as I can (I loved the first two games, but never got nearly as into them as I am with the third installment). 

This game is as some have said the red dead of RPGs. I had to force myself to go to bed and then I sat in bed waiting to get home from my sons outing to play more.

Holy crap this game is good!  Playing on blood and broken bones and it isn't bad at all.  Guess I get to play through twice if I want the plat, but oh well.  Controls are nearly perfect but I have ran into problems.  I can never seem to mount my horse first try, however in the griffin fight, I was using X to dive out of the way and several times in doing so i mounted my horse, it was a little frustrating.

Otherwise the game is gorgeous and plays beautifully!

Only a couple hours in so far but I am really liking it. Can't wait to dive in more since I am off work till Tuesday!
what difficulty did you decide on. I'm playing on blood and broken bones, everywhere i read said under that the difficulties are way too easy. I haven't found it that hard and wonder if I should have gone ahead with Death march.

what difficulty did you decide on. I'm playing on blood and broken bones, everywhere i read said under that the difficulties are way too easy. I haven't found it that hard and wonder if I should have gone ahead with Death march.
I did Blood and Broken Bones as well. I thought about Death March but I had to bump Witcher 2 down to easy so I don't want to set the difficulty too high to start.

After a day after release... I bought the CE guide yesterday "just cause" and after reading and watching more gameplay last night... I'm seriously considering buying the game now... waaah!!! I missed out on the certificates but with GCU discount... it still very very tempting.

After a day after release... I bought the CE guide yesterday "just cause" and after reading and watching more gameplay last night... I'm seriously considering buying the game now... waaah!!! I missed out on the certificates but with GCU discount... it still very very tempting.
You have to buy the game now. Having the guide without the game is crazy, especially when the game is this good. Witcher 3 is worth every penny, with or without GCU.

You have to buy the game now. Having the guide without the game is crazy, especially when the game is this good. Witcher 3 is worth every penny, with or without GCU.
I am seeing myself keep this game for some time and do a couple of play throughs. One of the best games ever for me honestly. I loved Shadow of Mordor but there wasn't enough to do. This game has that much to do and then some!

[quote name="Sigma" post="12700356" timestamp="1432159528"]You have to buy the game now. Having the guide without the game is crazy, especially when the game is this good. Witcher 3 is worth every penny, with or without GCU. [/quote]

Going to the store after work for sure. Yeah i do tend to buy guides for rpgs coz of all the stats and inventory and what not. This game was no exception. I was planning on buying it down the road once all the dlcs are out and start from there but i guess this is one of the games that needs to be played now. Hehe

Loading sucks and it's easy to get killed and there's a lot of glitches like trees missing and stuff disappearing

New Witcher 3 Update in the Works

CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot said on Twitter today that they are working on a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version and it “shouldn’t be long until it’s out.”

This is an additional patch to the day-1 patch already downloaded by users.  This new patch will address frame-rate and stuttering issues, according to Momot.

Also, following numerous complaints on their forums, NeoGAF, about the game’s small text size, Momot said, “We are looking into this issue right now. Hoping to find a solution soon.”

Doing some more quests last night, I love how when you go to a sidequest, it's not just I need this done. They give you their story, and it feels less of a ok I am doing this for xp and money, and more I am doing this to help this person. It's nice that the people feel more human like than most games.

Not going to spoil any sidequests but there was one that if it was in any other game, it would be a throwaway quest but Witcher just adds so much to them that I was engaged in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Witcher 3 Update in the Works

CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot said on Twitter today that they are working on a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version and it “shouldn’t be long until it’s out.”

This is an additional patch to the day-1 patch already downloaded by users. This new patch will address frame-rate and stuttering issues, according to Momot.

Also, following numerous complaints on their forums, NeoGAF, about the game’s small text size, Momot said, “We are looking into this issue right now. Hoping to find a solution soon.”
Any word on this patch hitting the Xbox One version as well?

I ended up using all my gaming time for Destiny yesterday... I am ashamed : ((
It's alright, you can kick the habit! I haven't played Destiny in months. I hear House of Wolves is pretty good though, so I may pick it back up in the near future, but since I haven't played in awhile I feel like I am really behind the group I usually play with and without friends to play with Destiny is incredibly boring.

I've seen a lot of my friends online for both PS4 and Xbox One playing Destiny instead of Witcher 3 though, which was a surprise considering how good Wild Hunt is and how well received it has been.

It's alright, you can kick the habit! I haven't played Destiny in months. I hear House of Wolves is pretty good though, so I may pick it back up in the near future, but since I haven't played in awhile I feel like I am really behind the group I usually play with and without friends to play with Destiny is incredibly boring.

I've seen a lot of my friends online for both PS4 and Xbox One playing Destiny instead of Witcher 3 though, which was a surprise considering how good Wild Hunt is and how well received it has been.
I had played SO much Destiny before that I had everything maxed to the point where coming in now I was perfectly fine there at least.

My thing is it is just such a different feeling when playing. Despite Witcher being absolutely amazing I have been in a mood to just play online and mess around with buddies. Even when playing Witcher it got to a point where I was waiting for my buddy to let me know he was getting on so I could hop on Destiny. I joked though since I play Destiny primarily on X1, that while waiting for loading screens and when buddies take little breaks that I would just play Witcher during that time to get my fix of both in : P

Any of you guys get the Let's Cook trophy? Seems like that should pop during the prologue but it didn't for me, wondering what I missed.
Not sure how that would pop during the prologue? You have to learn 10 different potions, you buy potions from Alchemists, so you need to brew 10 separate ones to get the trophy. Not a super easy one as there are only I think 4 you can learn in white orchard.

This is my first witcher game that im actually going to play. Skipped the 1st tand 2nd since i did not own an xbox or never bothered playing the 2 games games i bought on my pc during steam sales. Hehe! Anyway, im really likng it. Im still in the prologue and was just exploring as much as i can. Died a couple of times already since im a newbie to the combat system. Been talking to most if the people and learning as much from the conversations. Damn! Since im into the game i really need to read up more about the lore and all. Seems like a daunting task but im up for it.

This is my first witcher game that im actually going to play. Skipped the 1st tand 2nd since i did not own an xbox or never bothered playing the 2 games games i bought on my pc during steam sales. Hehe! Anyway, im really likng it. Im still in the prologue and was just exploring as much as i can. Died a couple of times already since im a newbie to the combat system. Been talking to most if the people and learning as much from the conversations. Damn! Since im into the game i really need to read up more about the lore and all. Seems like a daunting task but im up for it.
Key that I have figured out is fight preparation. Have fun with the Griffin fight, for one of the first boss fights, it was pretty tough, good news was there was a checkpoint half way through.

I've been going full blown into the Igni (fire) magic spell. Finally got it so it's just a stream of fire if you hold down R2. 

Any advice on how to make bombs or where to buy them? I want to destroy some monster lairs.

I've been going full blown into the Igni (fire) magic spell. Finally got it so it's just a stream of fire if you hold down R2.

Any advice on how to make bombs or where to buy them? I want to destroy some monster lairs.
Here is the directions on getting 6 different bomb types. You only need one to blow up monster nests, simply walk up to the nest, your prompted with X to blow it up drop a bomb and boom! Also if you meditate you will get back your three bombs. rinse and repeat

Bombardier
bronze.png

Collect the formulae for 6 different bomb types.
You can simply buy 6 bomb formulae from a herbalist to unlocks this trophy / achievement. There's one at the "Herbalist's Hut" fast travel point in the south-east of Novigrad. He offers 8 different bomb formulae. This will cost you around 2000 crowns. You can simply create a backup save before doing this and sell all your crafting materials / alchemy ingredients to the merchant, then buy the formulae with the money. Reload your save game to get the money back.

Key that I have figured out is fight preparation. Have fun with the Griffin fight, for one of the first boss fights, it was pretty tough, good news was there was a checkpoint half way through.
On Death March difficulty I actually found the Griffin itself to be the easiest fight in the intro area. A group of level 4 Drowners proved to be a much more difficult fight for me oddly enough.

On Death March difficulty I actually found the Griffin itself to be the easiest fight in the intro area. A group of level 4 Drowners proved to be a much more difficult fight for me oddly enough.
Super weird, On blood and broken bones, Griffin was harder, drowners are super easy and quick kills

Super weird, On blood and broken bones, Griffin was harder, drowners are super easy and quick kills
Yeah I checked online and apparently on Death March it seems that when fighting groups (not only do the enemies obviously have more health and hit harder) they are much more aggressive so that makes sense I suppose. They would just gang up on me and I go down in like 2-3 hits so they would jump in really quick one at a time each time knocking me back a tad with the next one jumping in and taking advantage of it. Plus not to mention they were higher leveled than me at the time of course. But yeah I knocked the Griffin out first try and was actually bummed it was as easy as it was for me after all that buildup I felt like it wasnt as big of a payoff.

Here is the directions on getting 6 different bomb types. You only need one to blow up monster nests, simply walk up to the nest, your prompted with X to blow it up drop a bomb and boom! Also if you meditate you will get back your three bombs. rinse and repeat
Aww, that's good to know. Thanks

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="12702195" timestamp="1432246381"]just don't update? What I always do with this sort of issue[/quote]

Im not sure if thats gona work. I think once a patch comes out, the game would usually patch itself up at startup right? And sometimes the game wont let u play until u patch it? Or maybe that holds true for online multiplayer games

bread's done
Back