THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, Square-Enix Modern-day RPG, out now! 9s up the wazoo!

Picked this up yesterday and it's great so far. I do have complaints about the story and dialouge, plus I hate Neku. And that's the extent of my dislikes. The music hasn't annoyed me yet. I'm still trying to get used to the battle system but it's very fun. I needed a new DS RPG and this is perfect.

Maybe it's just me, but the controls of Neku in battle is uncomfortable for me. I just hate how I have to drag Neku to run or dash. Maybe I just suck at using the stylus.

I think you'll find you don't run/dash often at all. Most attacks keep Neku right with the enemies, and the others are all ranged.

Dashing is only used for dodging attacking, and sometimes an enemy is on the opposite side of the field so you have to jump over there (e.g. you just finished killing a group of three on the far left, and one is hiding off-screen on the far right).

Also, there's a pin that turns Neku into a little ball of light when dashing, which gets rid of the delay before he sprints... although I find that pin to be rather unnecessary, it does make it feel smoother.

I think the combat controls are fantastic. They take a while to master, but once mastered are the best of any DS game I've played. My only minor gripe with controls is that some actions overlap. The pin class/grade system tries to make it so you can't use overlapping pins, but since there are a limited number of stylus actions and 300 pins, sometimes you end up with multiple pins that require the same action to activate.

This past week I've been busy with school, so I stopped advancing the story and have just been playing 24 battles a day while eating, to boost attack. It's sooo much easier now. The past 5 days has boosted my attack 20+ on both Neku and Joshua, and now Hard is about as challenging as Normal was. Syncing does 600 damage, when before it did 180.

[quote name='option.iv']Maybe it's just me, but the controls of Neku in battle is uncomfortable for me. I just hate how I have to drag Neku to run or dash. Maybe I just suck at using the stylus.[/quote]

It's taking me some time to get used to also. I found you don't have to move him so much. I just attack away.

[quote name='Koggit']This past week I've been busy with school, so I stopped advancing the story and have just been playing 24 battles a day while eating, to boost attack. It's sooo much easier now. The past 5 days has boosted my attack 20+ on both Neku and Joshua, and now Hard is about as challenging as Normal was. Syncing does 600 damage, when before it did 180.[/quote]
I love how you play this game.

I'm replaying it to do what you're doing.

[quote name='option.iv']Maybe it's just me, but the controls of Neku in battle is uncomfortable for me. I just hate how I have to drag Neku to run or dash. Maybe I just suck at using the stylus.[/QUOTE]

this is one major problem with the game... my Ds has a dead spot on it so it wont read the stylus across it

game is growing on me.... I though. man this is a very short game. Got to day 5 last night after putting around 5 hours into it... then find out there is like like 21 days (3 chapters)

so if the pace keeps up its about a 15 to 20 hour run though game

[quote name='slidecage']this is one major problem with the game... my Ds has a dead spot on it so it wont read the stylus across it

game is growing on me.... I though. man this is a very short game. Got to day 5 last night after putting around 5 hours into it... then find out there is like like 21 days (3 chapters)

so if the pace keeps up its about a 15 to 20 hour run though game[/QUOTE]

How is your DS being broken a major problem with the game?

It sounds more like a major problem with your DS.

[quote name='Koggit']How is your DS being broken a major problem with the game?

It sounds more like a major problem with your DS.[/QUOTE]

i mean i think that is why i didnt really like it to start... though its starting to grow on me... first few chapter was too much reading and not enough playing but its getting better

The combat is the only thing that bugs me as well about the game. I understanding needing to control the upper character as well, however I would like to have seen the option to use the control pad for movement and the stylus for attacking if you choose the automatic option on the upper character.

Aside from that, how many days are there in the game? I thought at the beginning it said there were 7 days to the game and I am just entering day 4 after just a few hours.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']The combat is the only thing that bugs me as well about the game. I understanding needing to control the upper character as well, however I would like to have seen the option to use the control pad for movement and the stylus for attacking if you choose the automatic option on the upper character.

Aside from that, how many days are there in the game? I thought at the beginning it said there were 7 days to the game and I am just entering day 4 after just a few hours.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game myself, but 4 posts above yours he says it's 21 days.

[quote name='keithp']I don't have the game myself, but 4 posts above yours he says it's 21 days.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that I just cant figure out where he came up with that and was looking for some verification. So far everything in the game has stated that itts only 7 days. Maybe it comes along in the story at some other point.

There are three chapters, and each chapter has 7 days.

This game also lends itself to New Game+ more than any other I've played, since you'll be able to get entirely new pins by defeating Chapter 1/2 enemies on Hard and Ultimate, and boost your stats to take on the boss rush.

I'm surprised people are finding it easy: these freaking bosses are wrecking my shit. And *must* they come after prolonged dialog sequences? Awesome game otherwise, but sheesh.

Great game up to chapter 3 day 7 then the game blows

If you dont have the right pins the game is almost no way to beat the final boss

Level 25 on easy with 4 heals .... the 3rd stage of the final boss (dragon with 6 heads) Unless you have a pin that can hit muliti monsters your #$###$#

i dont feel like going back to try to find a certain noise that allows you to hit more then one creature so im probally will just return it. Im right at the ending and really dont care about NEW GAME +

i hate games where they make the last boss 100000000 x harder thent he restof the game... like i said if you dont have a certain pin then you can say your #$#$#$#

i got though the rest of the stage with no problems its just the final Form of boss 3 is so freaking Broken its not funny

You're only level 25? I'm level 51 and still on chapter 2... I play on level 1 still, on Hard. I haven't played in a few days, though. I probably won't play again until Saturday -- I'm looking forward to it because my 5 shut-down pins should all evolve.

I can't imagine you have trouble finding a pin that'll hit multiple monsters. A ton of them do, probably about half of all pins target multiple enemies, as do all of your partners' attacks and all syncs. How many pins do you have? Maybe Easy just doesn't give many pins.

found out before you fight the final boss. equip the new pin.. makes it easy. ALSO watch the top screen.....

found out if you push L & R on the save screen shows you how much time you played it

Beat the main story in 14 hours 2 mins

Good game... doubt i will do any of the missions on the new game +

now either try to finsh RONDO OF SWORDS or Start the pokemon Time game

[quote name='Koggit']I can't imagine you have trouble finding a pin that'll hit multiple monsters. A ton of them do, probably about half of all pins target multiple enemies, as do all of your partners' attacks and all syncs. How many pins do you have? Maybe Easy just doesn't give many pins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to say. I just started using the Muramasa or whatever the other sword-themed pin is, and suddenly my hits counter went from, oh, 10 or so, to 54, because it smacks everything in its path.

I'm sick of SE's price spiking.

I can understand milking the Final Fantasy franchise, but they expect to sell a completely new game for $40?

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm sick of SE's price spiking.

I can understand milking the Final Fantasy franchise, but they expect to sell a completely new game for $40?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous. There's really no reason for the higher prices, and nobody would tolerate it in home console releases. ("Sorry, but FF XIII is just going to be seventy bucks, period.") Normally I ignore S-E handheld games for just this reason, but I really needed something for a long flight, so I choked it down ... this time.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm sick of SE's price spiking.

I can understand milking the Final Fantasy franchise, but they expect to sell a completely new game for $40?[/quote]

Don't know if this will help but it's going to be $30 at CC starting Sunday. That is actually when I'll be picking up my copy can't wait! :lol:

I agree though about $40 price tag, ridiculous for any DS IMO.

[quote name='trq']("Sorry, but FF XIII is just going to be seventy bucks, period.")[/QUOTE]
Don't move to Japan. This is exactly what they do with big games.

I finished the game already,
At first the combat with Neku is a little confusing, but after I got some pins I really liked and dragging around Neku got simpler it was pretty fun.
Also, controlling your partner was a bit confusing also, but it takes some time for these mechanics to adapt.

Well, I'm on the beginning of the 2nd chapter/week. I used to run Shiki on manual so I could time fusion attacks, but now with Joshua... fusion attacks don't seem as worthwhile, so I set him to full auto. I'm getting more consecutive hits to compensate for the "manual" multiplier so all in all, ok.

However, I swear I'm getting carpal tunnel playing this game. My hands are way too big to be going crazy with the small default stylus for extended periods of time. Playing on Hard mode feels rewarding as well, I think.

Also, the sub system saved me from going crazy, definitely helps differentiating between pins with similar stylus commands.

edit: also, how do I go about evolving pins? I mastered that bunny drink pin, but no evolve. Do I have to use it in an area where the brand is #1? Thanks in advance.

There are three different kinds of exp in the game: Mingle, Battle and Shut-Down. Each pin that evolves has a set type of exp that makes it evolve. The bunny pin, for example, needs shut-down exp to evolve into the whale pin (another healing pin). If the majority of the exp is battle or mingle, it won't evolve -- more than half the exp has to come from shut-down exp. Other pins will only evolve from battle exp, and others only evolve from mingle exp. Using a pin after it's mastered will have no effect.

If you care about 100%-ing the game, you'll need to master and evolve pins. For example, if your bunny pin had evolved, you would not get credit for mastering the bunny pin -- also, a lot of times the evolutions of a pin can be found as a drop from a different noise.

Also, regarding combat (Joshua on auto) -- fusions are definitely worth it, and manual attacks MUCH faster than auto. Typically, I find it best not to pay attention to his combo map and just press left-left-left-left or right-right-right-right depending on enemy location, and about half the time you'll get a star from it. You gain stars a lot faster that way than auto.

I am so mad that I bought this game last week for $40 on amazon.com, and now they have it for only $30!! Oh well. BTW this game is great!

Well, I suck at multi tasking, so I guess I'll try that "left/right spam" method. But as of late, I've been getting pretty good scores (stars) just controlling Neku and spamming Jelly and that tall fire wall pin on Hard. That Jelly pin is too good. BTW, I bought another Healing Bunny pin and evolved it. Half of the exp it earned wasn't shutdown exp, I only left it off for like an hour or so, however, it still evolved into Healing Whale. So do I only need a little bit of shutdown exp?

That's possible, about the exp... I'm not too sure. I thought it went with whatever the majority of the exp came from -- I thought if you did like 80% battle and 20% shut-down on a Bunny it wouldn't evolve. I don't even know what I'm basing that on, though -- I must've read it somewhere, could definitely be wrong.

I've just gotten the ability to pick Hard mode on the second week, but when I tried it it really was quite difficult.

Is the difficulty supposed to be this steep or am I just bad at this game? I always played at level 1 throughout the first week...should I increase that? I now have to set Josh on auto because I simply cannot focus enough on the bottom screen to dodge all the oncoming attacks.

Should I just stick with Normal until I get better stats?

Also, anyone have any advice on how to beat
this stupid optional fox boss in Week 2, Day ... 3? It seems like certain attacks heal him, and he's got that brutal "Summon" attack...

^Don't attack him when he's in that skeleton form, and just spam away otherwise. I would also suggest bringing two forms of healing.

As for hard mode, it's your preference. Basically once you grind enough times and level up some, hard becomes fairly simple. At this point when you get hard, I would suggest staying on hard, simply because grinding is a little faster and you overall get more money pins. Otherwise you'd prolly get a bunch of those useless skill pins. Once you get the jelly pin, hard wont seem so bad.

I too suck with Joshua and set him to auto. I find it better personally to focus on Neku 100% (rack up a lot more hits and move accordingly). You can try that spam left/right method as well, though I find my AI hits stars quicker on auto than if I spammed left and right.

Well I was going to ask
whether there is more to the game than just the first week, but after a glimpse at the thread (can people please use spoiler tags?), I found my answer and then some.

Also, for those who've finished the game - how many hours did it take?

Man the final boss is a really tough battle. I felt like I was playing a scrolling sidescroller with how often I was avoiding fireballs. However, after I quit and attached the Rhyme and Lightning Rook pin it was a synch.

[quote name='RudyPants']Well I was going to ask
whether there is more to the game than just the first week, but after a glimpse at the thread (can people please use spoiler tags?), I found my answer and then some.

Also, for those who've finished the game - how many hours did it take?[/QUOTE]

If you rush through it you can finish in 15 to 20 hours. If you explore a bit more and enjoy the combat you'll spend closer to 30. If you want to 100% it you'll be spending around 40 or 50. Then there's New Game +.

At least, that's what I heard.

I've logged 25 hours so far and I'm near the end of week two, with about 75 pins mastered (of 300).

[quote name='option.iv']
^Don't attack him when he's in that skeleton form, and just spam away otherwise. I would also suggest bringing two forms of healing.

As for hard mode, it's your preference. Basically once you grind enough times and level up some, hard becomes fairly simple. At this point when you get hard, I would suggest staying on hard, simply because grinding is a little faster and you overall get more money pins. Otherwise you'd prolly get a bunch of those useless skill pins. Once you get the jelly pin, hard wont seem so bad.

I too suck with Joshua and set him to auto. I find it better personally to focus on Neku 100% (rack up a lot more hits and move accordingly). You can try that spam left/right method as well, though I find my AI hits stars quicker on auto than if I spammed left and right.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice: the healing really did the trick. I'd just pop a heal right before I got hit with his "summon" and go about beating on him when it was over.

I just beat this game and, for the first time in a long time i want to go back through to see what I can find. Usually one play, done. Also this is a rare game where I was genuinely concerned about the out come of the characters. As I progressed I went through the ups and downs with them, and at certain points I didnt want to stop playing so that I could make sure they were at a safe spot first.........(must not look crazy on forum.....)

my brother just beat this game, then i noticed how horrible his touch screen looked like (even with the protective film).. all scratched up looking in the light.. anyone else's screen got pwned?

and i was afraid elite beat agents was guna mess up my screen..

I dont get this game... the battle system is ass...

like you just sit there getting hit... and I guess u can hit back too...

is there any way to play this game defensively?? especially on the top screen??

and how do u play 2 screen at once?!?! when I focus on one (the one where the green puck is), the other one gets hit!

[quote name='JEKKI']I dont get this game... the battle system is ass...

like you just sit there getting hit... and I guess u can hit back too...

is there any way to play this game defensively?? especially on the top screen??

and how do u play 2 screen at once?!?! when I focus on one (the one where the green puck is), the other one gets hit![/quote]

your partners combos (from the start) arent that hard to remember

-> ^ ^ ^ ^
-> -> -> -> ->
-> v v v v

iirc, and there are clothes that decrease the number of combos (so its easier to pick up those double combos) just pay attention to neku, and glace over the top screen once in a while just to see where the enemies are located around her, then combo to the left or right.

you could always just auto her and let the AI do its own thing or play with a friend on the same ds

I donno mang, I been playing this game all day and I jus cant make sense of what's going on.

I get the system, I kno how to do super moves and all that and how to set them up.

what I dont like is u gotta input a string of commands, so u begin but then you either get hit or the enemy jumps to your other side

so it messes you up, and if you choose to restart your bottom character gets hit...

but if u dont restart the top character gets hit...

I've seriously died so many times already for no reason at all -_-

[quote name='JEKKI']I donno mang, I been playing this game all day and I jus cant make sense of what's going on.

I get the system, I kno how to do super moves and all that and how to set them up.

what I dont like is u gotta input a string of commands, so u begin but then you either get hit or the enemy jumps to your other side

so it messes you up, and if you choose to restart your bottom character gets hit...

but if u dont restart the top character gets hit...

I've seriously died so many times already for no reason at all -_-[/quote]

Just turn it on auto until you see what Shiki does on her own, while trying not to die on the bottom screen. You can also turn down the difficulty at any time from the main menu (if you've unlocked your phone).

I picked the game up over the weekend; it really takes some getting used to. I've finally fallen into the pattern of buton / stylus mashing one screen while paying attention to the other (usually the top screen....since that's what starts up fusion attacks).

Still in week one, but I've bought a ton of stuff, and have started to learn about SDPP and MPP in order to evolve pins. Not getting a lot of (non-cash) pins yet, but I probably need to turn my drop rate up (it's around 4-5 right now)....plus I'm still fairly early in the game.

I'm admittedly curious: is there a way to go back through and master the pins you evolved (since it doesn't look like they're giving you credit in the game's stats if they evolve)?

Also, most of the top screen characters get a defensive move (a block or a dodge) attached to down/B at some point. Neku you should just be able to zip around without much trouble.

Is this game rare already? I just did a quick search through most of the places I can order games online (I'm in Canada, so my options are a little more limited) and it's either not for sale, out of stock, or backordered. ebay prices have already shot up since I last looked a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know if SE is going to be shipping another run of this?

It's funny that you mention it cause the day it came out I went to 2 of my local GS and they were both sold out, they both only got a few copies. Plus I've never seen it at Target.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if the game was already drying up. Square-Enix did absolutely no marketing / advertising for this game. It's as if they wanted it to fail so they can crank out Final Fantasy garbage over and over again.

Is there a way to save mid-day? Only time I've seen the save menu was after Day 1, though in that context they tell me I can bring up the save menu at any time.

there's a save option in the pause menu... I donno if it need to be unlocked tho...

check it out!!! hidden images in the pins!!!

they're not necessarily spoilers, but sum ppl are over sensitive and shyt so I'll tag them up!!

monkeyam5.jpg

heavyqg3.jpg

rockandrollvz5.jpg

hssevil.png

1209974518857.jpg

260fytw.png

Untitled-1-58.jpg

bread's done
Back